Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:22 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10020 [15]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: MS Finance Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Saprakash wrote:
Nationality: American citizen
Undergrad Information: BCom (Honours) with a major in Finance and Investments from Christ University.
GRE: (Q:156&V:150)
Work experience and leadership: Audit Big 4 (2years), internship at a wealth management firm. Significant work ex from M&A audit. Founder of a cultural team at university, Led the international student affairs team, led a small project at work.
Community and others: community service at healthcare centers.
Post Master goals: IB or M&A and MBA after working
Anything else?: strong extracurriculars with significant milestones.

Program : MS Finance
Universities targeted: Emory, University of Minnesota, UCSD, Colorado University, Brandeis and Babson.
Which universities can i consider applying to?

Posted from my mobile device

For an MS Finance, I think you are at a rather sweet spot
If you could push your GRE score higher however, you would be able to go for top names, including the top ranked schools. Some schools may agree to consider your score even just after your application submission as well; so don't think you don't have enough time.

For whatever reason however, if you don't want to reattempt your GRE, good to apply to these schools; With a compelling story, you may get good scholarships as well. Every year we help several candidates in the MS Fin & MiM courses as well. Feel free to ask for a FREE profile assessment

Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: MS Finance Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hello,

I am 19 years old and currently a penultime year Econometrics and Operations Research student at the Erasmus University Rotterda. I wish to pursue a MF degree in the August 2024 intake. Since I still have some months until applications start, I wanted to know if I should apply this year or take a gap year to further strengthen my profile. I am currently targeting the following master: MIT, LBS. HEC, Oxford, LSE and Bocconi (and maybe NOVA and RSM as safe options). Thank you a lot!!

Grades
1) 7.75/10.0 -- High 2:1 (only 6/120 people got first class honours in my year) with the following relevant courses: Econometrics, Analysis, Finance, Statistics, Programming, Corporate Finance, Accounting, and major in Quant Finance.
2) GMAT -- Expected to take in September
3) Exchange Semester -- University of Buenos Aires. Economical Sciences Faculty

Extracurriculars
1) Internship in Neuroscience Institute of Alicante -- Quantitative Research Study Assistant - Behavior of Organisms
2) Asset Manager Student Association Rotterdam -- Quantitative Finance Analyst
3) B&R Investment Group -- Equity Research Analyst and Funding Member of Plutus Investment Fund
4) Currently I am a Exam Preparation Tutor at AthenaStudies
5) Won the 2019 and 2020 Copa Federación Valencian Community teams tournament
6) Tennis player since I am 6 years old, played internationally

Languages: Spanish (native), German (native), English (fluent), French (intermediate), Italian (basic)
Technical Skills: Java, MATLAB, AIMMS, R, Microsoft Office Suit (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Certificates: Investment Banking Virtual Program by J.P. Morgan, Bloomberg Market Concepts
Post Master Goal: Investment Banking.
Admission Consultant
Send PM
LucaLeimbeck wrote:
Hello,

I am 19 years old and currently a penultime year Econometrics and Operations Research student at the Erasmus University Rotterda. I wish to pursue a MF degree in the August 2024 intake. Since I still have some months until applications start, I wanted to know if I should apply this year or take a gap year to further strengthen my profile. I am currently targeting the following master: MIT, LBS. HEC, Oxford, LSE and Bocconi (and maybe NOVA and RSM as safe options). Thank you a lot!!

Grades
1) 7.75/10.0 -- High 2:1 (only 6/120 people got first class honours in my year) with the following relevant courses: Econometrics, Analysis, Finance, Statistics, Programming, Corporate Finance, Accounting, and major in Quant Finance.

Extracurriculars
1) Internship in Neuroscience Institute of Alicante -- Quantitative Research Study Assistant - Behavior of Organisms
3) B&R Investment Group -- Equity Research Analyst and Funding Member of Plutus Investment Fund

Languages: Spanish (native), German (native), English (fluent), French (intermediate), Italian (basic)
Technical Skills: Java, MATLAB, AIMMS, R, Microsoft Office Suit (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Certificates: Investment Banking Virtual Program by J.P. Morgan, Bloomberg Market Concepts

Your overall profile is very strong for MS Fin in most of the schools you have listed. MIT will however look seriously at your GMAT score too, esp quant. With that and a compelling story aligning your past, with the MS Fin, and your future goals, I am absolutely confident you are in a very strong position to apply now; waiting one more year may not strengthen your profile.

Every year we help candidates in the MS Fin & MiM programs. Feel free to ask to set up a FREE, 1-to-1, profile assessment

Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
TheIvyLeagueEdge wrote:
LucaLeimbeck wrote:
Hello,

Grades

Extracurriculars

Your overall profile is very strong for MS Fin in most of the schools you have listed. MIT will however look seriously at your GMAT score too, esp quant. With that and a compelling story aligning your past, with the MS Fin, and your future goals, I am absolutely confident you are in a very strong position to apply now; waiting one more year may not strengthen your profile.

Every year we help candidates in the MS Fin & MiM programs. Feel free to ask to set up a FREE, 1-to-1, profile assessment

Hope that helps.

Hello,

Thank you for the extensive review. This helped a lot. No, I do not have any finance related internships. However, I am quite active in the Investmnet and Asset Manager Student Associations. For the motivation letter, I was thinking of writing something regarding that I am a first generation student (and first generation high school student as well). Is that helpful for the story about my past? I would very welcome a free 1-to-1 assessment as well!

Thank you.
Admission Consultant
Send PM
LucaLeimbeck wrote:
TheIvyLeagueEdge wrote:
LucaLeimbeck wrote:
Hello,

Grades

Extracurriculars

Hope that helps.

Hello,

Thank you for the extensive review. This helped a lot. No, I do not have any finance related internships. However, I am quite active in the Investmnet and Asset Manager Student Associations. For the motivation letter, I was thinking of writing something regarding that I am a first generation student (and first generation high school student as well). Is that helpful for the story about my past? I would very welcome a free 1-to-1 assessment as well!

Thank you.

Hi LucaLeimbeck
Glad it helped. Please visit the website below my name, and submit your details on the contact page. Once we have your details, will revert to you ASAP
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
LucaLeimbeck wrote:
Hello,

Grades

Extracurriculars

Hello LucaLeimbeck,

Thanks for writing in.

You have a pretty strong profile; so, it completely depends on what more you intend to do in order to strengthen your profile. Yes, considering you are targetting top-notch schools, you must target a high score on the GMAT; so, the question is really what more?

Practically, you seem to be ready to apply as soon as you have your desired score; explaining the technicalities around your GPA in your application will be important.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I am in my last year of undergraduate studies and planning to apply for MS Finance this fall.
Nationality: Russian
Undergrad information: Regional school but still Top 30 in the country, majored in Management.
GPA: around 3.76/4
Still preparing for GMAT
No international experience due to Covid and political reasons
Extracurriculars:
1) volunteer at NGO, helping kids with homework
2) teach English as a second language
3) volunteer at financial literacy club that organises educational events for kids
Community: started my own little organisation that helps high-schoolers decide on a career path
Work experience: 3-week internship in finance department of a small company (under 30 people) and irrelevant here internship in marketing. I might find another internship in the following months
Post-masters goals: first-choice would be finding a job in real estate private equity, second-choice - wealth/asset management or consulting

I’m worried that I don’t have enough “finance” experience since I just decided on my career goals this spring

Schools I’m looking at:
Vanderbilt, Olin, Simon, Gouizetta, Duke, Marshall, Mccombs, UIUC, Yale SOM, MIT (I know that’s a reach)

I would really appreciate any thoughts on my profile! Thanks in advance!

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Lanaaaa18 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am in my last year of undergraduate studies and planning to apply for MS Finance this fall.
Nationality: Russian
Undergrad information: Regional school but still Top 30 in the country, majored in Management.
GPA: around 3.76/4
Still preparing for GMAT
No international experience due to Covid and political reasons
Extracurriculars:
1) volunteer at NGO, helping kids with homework
2) teach English as a second language
3) volunteer at financial literacy club that organises educational events for kids
Community: started my own little organisation that helps high-schoolers decide on a career path
Work experience: 3-week internship in finance department of a small company (under 30 people) and irrelevant here internship in marketing. I might find another internship in the following months
Post-masters goals: first-choice would be finding a job in real estate private equity, second-choice - wealth/asset management or consulting

I’m worried that I don’t have enough “finance” experience since I just decided on my career goals this spring

Schools I’m looking at:
Vanderbilt, Olin, Simon, Gouizetta, Duke, Marshall, Mccombs, UIUC, Yale SOM, MIT (I know that’s a reach)

I would really appreciate any thoughts on my profile! Thanks in advance!

Hi Lanaaaa18

Your profile is impressive specifically your academics. However, if you are looking for a career in finance, an internship can help you stand out from the crowd as it helps you reflect on real-world applications you have experienced and how that may have fueled your interest in exploring the topic further. Given the lack of internship, you should look at schools that are more academically oriented with paced out programs (longer programs and ones with the opportunity to intern). Also, at a school like Vanderbilt and other fast paced programs in the USA, there is more emphasis on hands-on experience (thus valuing your internships) than some of the other academically focused programs such as LSE or HEC Paris (which you are not considering) where you can also leverage the opportunity to intern along with the course.

For MSc Finance applications, I advise you to address the following points in your application to demonstrate a strong motivation for the program:

Academic focus: Aim for a high GMAT score. Highlight any other academic accolades, scholarships, or recognitions you have received.

Proof of enthusiasm and motivation for the subject: Provide context regarding your passion for finance, starting from an early stage, and supplement your interest with examples of relevant courses, internships, or projects you have undertaken.

Understanding, experience, and appreciation of the subject through real-life applications and projects: Utilize insights from your internships, jobs, or other finance-related projects. Discuss specific projects or finance-related topics that have been pivotal in motivating you to further explore the subject.

Super curricular activities: Share details about supplementary books, articles, research papers, or newspapers you have read. Highlight any relevant podcasts you listen to and explain how these activities support and complement your interest in the subject.

I strongly advise you to cover these points thoroughly in your essays, SOPs or interviews.

Additionally, having a variety of extracurricular activities and language skills is advantageous. Discuss how these experiences and skills can contribute to your future as a business leader.

Here are a few other points to keep in mind:

1.Demonstrate originality and a thoughtful approach in your application.
2.Show active engagement with the target school and potential recruiters to learn about the post-MFin prospects, showcasing your conscientiousness. My applicants who recently successfully converted their offers from LSE (that has very low selection rate) had actively reached out to professors and engaged in discussions to gain meaningful insights about the program and courses. Demonstrating enthusiasm to truly understand the academic environment at LSE and other schools can greatly contribute to your success.

As for your GMAT, you should focus on improving your verbal performance but try to maintain your quantitative score. Regardless, with a strong application expressing your motivation for the master's program, you should be accepted to the schools of your choice with a scholarship.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MS Finance Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
I would like to get my chances rated at Said Business School and LSE. I am a student in my last year of undergrad and I am planning on applying for MFin programs 2024 fall intake in the UK.

Background and nationality:- Bachelors in Accounting and finance undergraduate, Indian
Gpa:- 9.30/10.00 (first and second year)
[*]GMAT/GRE:- I will give GMAT in September
[*]Work experience and leadership:- held leadership roles like being vice president of a college club, I was also very active in my second year as HOD for three clubs and total work experience is about 1.5 years (purely internships only)
[*]I am also an alumni of University of Oxford, I was a visiting scholar at St. Catherines College, awarded the prestigious Betty and Donald Keating Scholarship by St Catherines (one of the two candidates selected from all over India) , I am also submitting a project for COP 28 and my last essay which I wrote for my last tutorial (subject: fintech) in Oxford is in talks to get published @TheConversation
[*]Post Master goals:- good good amount of work experience in top companies (I am interested in sales and trading and equity research personally)
Target schools:- Said Business School, LBS, LSE, Kings College London, Imperial College.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I'm a fifth-year student (21 years old) doing an M.Sc in Economics at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT KGP, 6th rank in my home country of India). In my economics study, I took several finance-related courses. I'm considering applying to top MSF programs in the United States. While my profile is pretty standard when compared to other applications, I am still interested in knowing my possibilities at universities with my current profile, so any assistance is greatly welcomed.

GRE Score: 316 (150V, 166Q, AWA-3.5)
TOEFL score is 93.
GPA: 3.48/4.0 (8.2/10.0 on an Indian scale)
Secondary Education-99.2%.
1. A two-month summer internship in a modest financial services company.
2. Some projects on finance and online certifications
3. Currently in the final year Thesis on Finance under the supervision of the Finance Department Head at IIT KGP.

I require the most excellent possible placement following my graduation from university. Please indicate whether or not the universities listed below have a high percentage of placement.
I intend to apply for MS finance programs at the following universities:
Texas Austin
The University of Illinois Chicago, urbana champaign
Washington st Louis
Vanderbilt
Boston questrom
USC Marshall
What are my chances at the universities listed above? Please recommend two more universities based on my qualifications.
After graduation, I only need a solid job paying between 70,000 and 80,000 dollars.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I'm a engineering school student on financial engineering (maths, finance, computer science). And my school is top 10 in France. I will graduate in 2024 and looking to work in finance more than financial engineering (M&A instead of quantitative researcher etc). So I'm interested in few MiF in Europe : ESCP, HEC, ESSEC, EDHEC, STGallen and LSB. I am interested in knowing my possibilities at universities with my current profile, so any assistance is greatly welcomed. Also, if you have other suggestions for MiF in Europe it will be nice to tell me!

Academic:
- gmat : target 700 - 720 (today I'm around Q50 and V35)
- GPA : ~3 (12.8/20) the two last year, can be explained by personal problems, but close to 4 the 2 previous one (15.1/20)
- TOEIC 980/990 but I can take TOEFL if needed

experience:
- Natixis CIB, mostly software but close to finance (3 months)
- VP of a 6 figures student run company (a little consulting firm in our uni) (volutary job during 15 months)
- Maths Institute, research on IA (6 weeks)

Extra:
- Lot of sports and achievements in it (france championship in volley, foot during 10 years as a captain, gym, ...)

I'm going to study at KTH in Sweden for 4 months (one of the most renowned uni there) and after that I will have to complete a 6 months internship before integrating my MiF in order to be graduated.

I would like to know what are my chances to integrate the best MiF and on what I have to work in order to accomplish that. Thank you very much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone! I’m starting my last year of my undergraduate degree and I’m going to start applying to MSc Finance across Europe in the following months. I’m targeting top European schools such as Imperial, LSE, Oxford, Bocconi, Warwick, IE, etc.

Quick profile:

Double bachelors degree (5 years) in Law and Management in a top Portuguese university with an average grade so far of 16.8/20 in Law and 17.3/20 in Management. Had a medium amount of Mathematics and Statistics, as well as some light Econometrics and 2 big finance courses (Financial Markets and Corporate Finance). I’ve had excellent grades in all of them, as well in the the vast majority of the classes I took so far. I’ve obtained a merit scholarship for the 4 years I took so far, thanks to being among the top students of the class each year.
I did an exchange semester at Copenhagen Business School and got very good grades there as well.
I have just taken the GMAT and got a 750 unofficial score (waiting on my official score, probably coming in 1 week or so).
I did a summer internship at a Big 4 consulting firm this year, in the Corporate Tax department. I’ve also played a team sport since I was 6 years old and have won various trophies from very young to senior levels. I’ve played in Portugal and a bit in Denmark when I was in exchange there.
I’ve been part of a pro bono student consulting association in my uni, part of the student association, and part of a financial association of my uni writing articles on financial topics to be read by the students and faculty.

Do you guys think I have a chance at any of the top unis in Europe? I’m afraid they won’t like the fact that I do not come from a highly quantitative course such as Econ or Maths, that I come from a Portuguese uni (even if one of the best in the country), or that my only 1 month of internship isn’t enough.
Thanks a lot!

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
PBVF wrote:
Hello everyone! I’m starting my last year of my undergraduate degree and I’m going to start applying to MSc Finance across Europe in the following months. I’m targeting top European schools such as Imperial, LSE, Oxford, Bocconi, Warwick, IE, etc.

Quick profile:

Double bachelors degree (5 years) in Law and Management in a top Portuguese university with an average grade so far of 16.8/20 in Law and 17.3/20 in Management. Had a medium amount of Mathematics and Statistics, as well as some light Econometrics and 2 big finance courses (Financial Markets and Corporate Finance). I’ve had excellent grades in all of them, as well in the the vast majority of the classes I took so far. I’ve obtained a merit scholarship for the 4 years I took so far, thanks to being among the top students of the class each year.
I did an exchange semester at Copenhagen Business School and got very good grades there as well.
I have just taken the GMAT and got a 750 unofficial score (waiting on my official score, probably coming in 1 week or so).
I did a summer internship at a Big 4 consulting firm this year, in the Corporate Tax department. I’ve also played a team sport since I was 6 years old and have won various trophies from very young to senior levels. I’ve played in Portugal and a bit in Denmark when I was in exchange there.
I’ve been part of a pro bono student consulting association in my uni, part of the student association, and part of a financial association of my uni writing articles on financial topics to be read by the students and faculty.

Do you guys think I have a chance at any of the top unis in Europe? I’m afraid they won’t like the fact that I do not come from a highly quantitative course such as Econ or Maths, that I come from a Portuguese uni (even if one of the best in the country), or that my only 1 month of internship isn’t enough.
Thanks a lot!

PBVF - interesting profile. Quick q before sharing feedback: what are your motivations for an MiF, and your goals (i.e. target roles) post the Masters in Finance?

Regards,
Arvind
HEC Paris MBA alum, Admissions interviewer
W:https://admitstreet.com| E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
admitStreet wrote:
PBVF wrote:

Quick profile:

Thanks a lot!

PBVF - interesting profile. Quick q before sharing feedback: what are your motivations for an MiF, and your goals (i.e. target roles) post the Masters in Finance?

Regards,
Arvind

Thank you for your answer!
A MSc Finance would be a valuable step toward achieving my career goal of working in Investment Banking, more specifically in a function related with mergers and acquisitions.
The programme would provide me with a solid foundation in the domains of corporate finance, derivatives, econometrics, investment and portfolio management, and mathematics (among others). The quantitative nature of the modules it offers would be especially highly valuable, as reaching my career goal will require strong analytical competences. Coming from a background of management (not as quantitative as Econ or finance) and law, I could use the quantitative tools and signal it would send to my future professional recruiters.
Hope that answers your question!
Director
Director
Send PM
MS Finance Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
PBVF wrote:
admitStreet wrote:
PBVF wrote:

Quick profile:

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Arvind

Thank you for your answer!
A MSc Finance would be a valuable step toward achieving my career goal of working in Investment Banking, more specifically in a function related with mergers and acquisitions.
The programme would provide me with a solid foundation in the domains of corporate finance, derivatives, econometrics, investment and portfolio management, and mathematics (among others). The quantitative nature of the modules it offers would be especially highly valuable, as reaching my career goal will require strong analytical competences. Coming from a background of management (not as quantitative as Econ or finance) and law, I could use the quantitative tools and signal it would send to my future professional recruiters.
Hope that answers your question!

PBVF - thanks for the update. Overall, your profile has strengths which I believe when positioned well can offset the concerns:

1. Your GMAT score is strong (hopefully with a balanced Q & V split) - this would likely alleviate concerns about your non-Quant background. However, pls use the Additional Essay to highlight this point and the Quant/ Finance courses you have taken through your education including the strong scores there.

2. Your internship, although short, with the big-4 brand is a positive. Aim to highlight your learnings from the internship, what skills you picked up, and what skills the Msc Finance would help you pick up to land your target role. This point can potentially also highlight your quant exposure.

3. Your international exchange is another differentiating factor. Aim to highlight your interactions with people from different backgrounds, the skills and lessons you picked up, and how these would translate to the in-classroom experience at your target schools.

4. If possible, picking up another internship or project(s): even pro-bono, ideally in your target roles or related (with quant skills) would be a good idea. While the timelines might be tight (if you are applying within the next few months), this can be something worth exploring in parallel to your applications, now that GMAT is out of the way. As a plan B, try to pick up some courses on the topics which are close to your target IB role.

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out for a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for your answer! My GMAT score was the following:
Total 750 98%
Quantitative Reasoning 49 72%
Verbal Reasoning 42 96%
Integrated Reasoning 7 78%
Analytical Writing Assessment 5 54%

I’m also considering Bocconi, Stockholm School of Economics and Copenhagen Business School to study the MSc finance. Would my chances be greater there? Also, would their MSc finance programs be on the level of LSE, Imperial and WBS in a way that it would be better to pick their finance masters as opposed to the other unis’ MSc finance+acc?
Additionally, I’m weighing the fact that Bocconi (16.000 euros) and CBS/SSE (0 euros because I’m an EU resident and student) are much cheaper than LSE/Imp/WBS (around 50.000 euros). Is this difference really worth it? Is it easier to get in those other 3 unis, and if so, would I be so badly served if I only got in their MSc Finance and not the top UK ones?
Thank you in advance and all the best!

Director
Director
Send PM
PBVF wrote:
Thank you for your answer! My GMAT score was the following:
Total 750 98%
Quantitative Reasoning 49 72%
Verbal Reasoning 42 96%
Integrated Reasoning 7 78%
Analytical Writing Assessment 5 54%

I’m also considering Bocconi, Stockholm School of Economics and Copenhagen Business School to study the MSc finance. Would my chances be greater there? Also, would their MSc finance programs be on the level of LSE, Imperial and WBS in a way that it would be better to pick their finance masters as opposed to the other unis’ MSc finance+acc?
Additionally, I’m weighing the fact that Bocconi (16.000 euros) and CBS/SSE (0 euros because I’m an EU resident and student) are much cheaper than LSE/Imp/WBS (around 50.000 euros). Is this difference really worth it? Is it easier to get in those other 3 unis, and if so, would I be so badly served if I only got in their MSc Finance and not the top UK ones?
Thank you in advance and all the best!

PBVF - the best chance you can give yourself is by first identifying the program(s) that match with your goals/ interests, and then putting in a strong application with compelling responses to why Masters in Finance, what your goals are, what your skillsets are so far, and how the program will help accelerate your trajectory. A good GMAT, like in your case, helps too. Quantifying chances beyond this would be speculation in my view.

I would suggest looking at multiple independent rankings to get an initial idea of which of these programs rank better across which dimension: person A may care about dimension X (where a program may rank high) but may not care as much about dimension Y (where the same program may rank lower), and person B may have the opposite preferences. Also try to understand the ranking criteria, so any biases are discounted. Then rank them independently yourself using the criteria and weightages that you assign across the dimensions. Speaking to alumni, ideally who have transitioned to your target roles, can help too.

I know that the partly generic answer is probably not what you hoped for, but doing research and brainstorming (with a consultant if you feel the need to) would help prioritize your target programs better than someone shortlisting it for you without in-depth discussions.

Regards,
Arvind
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some advice on which grad schools to target for MSc Finance / Finance & Economics / Risk and Finance. Ideally I wish to target the top schools in Europe (primarily UK, etc Imperial, LSE, Warwick) but I'm not sure what expectations to have and don't want to waste money applying to schools with close to zero chance of acceptance.

Background: 23 year old male studying at one of Norway's top 3 universities. BSc in Business & Economics with a major in Finance. Background from professional team sports, including representing Norway in World Cup, and military services.

GPA from undergrad: 4.1/5

GMAT: Planning to take exam in upcoming months. Placed in 97% percentile in Norwegian SATs so aiming for around 700

Extra curricular: Active in one of Norway's largest finance societies, and held presentations about various finance topics for 10-20 students. Leadership role in University sport team.

Work / internship experiences: Part-time work as Equity Research Analyst at boutique, and completed two off-cycle internship within Investment Banking for a total of 8 months at widely known institutions in the Nordics.

Post master goals: IB London

I gladly take some input on what to aim for regarding schools, and what to work on except for a high GMAT test score.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts