GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 05:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need Advise

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Need Advise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 10:16
Hi,

My name is Devashish Mishra. With 11 years of IT experience in Project Management role, I am based in India, Pune. In my IT experience, I have spent 5 Years in London, UK (from 2011 to 2016). Currently, I am working in FIS Global and finished my PMP and PMP ACP certification.

In 2016, I have established a Web Development and Design company named 'Tekzone Web solutions India Private Limited' which is running successfully with 10+ employees at present. My wife is taking care of day to day activities and I am guiding her with business decisions and client contracts, sales and IT architecture and delivery.

At this juncture of my career, I am looking to get experience in IT Leadership beyond project deliveries for short term and then take this holistic experience to expand my company further. For doing so, doing MBA will definitely be helpful. However, I am unable to decide what would be the good list of colleges to look for. Full-time MBA will definitely impact my startup's progress so there is an option of Distance learning/Part-time/Executive MBA but not sure how much benefit it will bring.

At present, I am able to score 660 - 700 marks in the various GMAT mock tests that I have tried.

Can you please guide me what would be the best for me in terms of searching colleges/Courses to meet my short-term and long-term goals. Also, it should be value for money. Accordingly, I will plan my efforts and focus.

Looking forward to hear from you...

Thanks,
Devashish Mishra
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Need Advise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 10:45
Hi Daveshis,

Thank you for reaching out. You have an interesting story that can lead to great success in your MBA application, especially if you can deliver a clear and succinct message about why you require an MBA.

As a general rule, the higher the selected university ranks, the higher your GMAT score should be, mainly since you belong to an overrepresented body of applicants. I do recommend you look at the class profile for each university you choose, and aim for a 10-20+ higher than their average GMAT score.

As to compiling your list of top universities, I, unfortunately, cannot provide that information with the very limited amount of data you provided. It is a process that I work with diligently with my clients once I understand their personal, academic, and professional background as well as their goals and ambitions post-MBA. However, you can reference this article https://siaadmissions.com/sia-blog/six-tips-for-drafting-a-list-of-your-top-10-b-schools that may help guide you through the school selection process.

I am happy to schedule a free consultation where we can discuss the possibilities of working together. If interested, please reach out to coordinate (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

Devashishmishra wrote:
Hi,

My name is Devashish Mishra. With 11 years of IT experience in Project Management role, I am based in India, Pune. In my IT experience, I have spent 5 Years in London, UK (from 2011 to 2016). Currently, I am working in FIS Global and finished my PMP and PMP ACP certification.

In 2016, I have established a Web Development and Design company named 'Tekzone Web solutions India Private Limited' which is running successfully with 10+ employees at present. My wife is taking care of day to day activities and I am guiding her with business decisions and client contracts, sales and IT architecture and delivery.

At this juncture of my career, I am looking to get experience in IT Leadership beyond project deliveries for short term and then take this holistic experience to expand my company further. For doing so, doing MBA will definitely be helpful. However, I am unable to decide what would be the good list of colleges to look for. Full-time MBA will definitely impact my startup's progress so there is an option of Distance learning/Part-time/Executive MBA but not sure how much benefit it will bring.

At present, I am able to score 660 - 700 marks in the various GMAT mock tests that I have tried.

Can you please guide me what would be the best for me in terms of searching colleges/Courses to meet my short-term and long-term goals. Also, it should be value for money. Accordingly, I will plan my efforts and focus.

Looking forward to hear from you...

Thanks,
Devashish Mishra

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Need Advise &nbs [#permalink] 10 Jul 2018, 10:45

Need Advise

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: SiaAdmissions

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap