Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:43 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q164 V161
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Admissions Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Nov 14: Chat with students from NYU Stern School of Business [#permalink]
Saya12345 wrote:
Hi! What would a sternie think of for MBA Fin vs MS in Fintech? Would they feel MS Fintech is not even comparable to an MBA?

Thank you for your question! We encourage you to look at both programs and see what makes the most sense for you. I think you will find both programs will offer amazing opportunities; however the experiences will be unique to each program. For more about the MS in Fintech visit https://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admi ... ms-fintech or reach out to msft@stern.nyu.edu
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Alexandra_Stern wrote:
Hi! I’d say not to get too caught up on the exact word you use (there truly isn’t a right or wrong answer!) but instead really think about what you want to share about your own background and experience. Stern reviews applications in a holistic way and really wants to understand you as a full person. For this essay and any others, I’d really recommend starting by doing some reflecting on your values, the kind of impact you’d like to make (at Stern and in the world!), and the experiences you’ve had. All in all, just think about what you’d want Stern to know about you :)

Alexandra_Stern, Thank you Alexandra
Current Student
Send PM
Auror_07 wrote:
Is there any advantage of submitting applications way before the official deadline? Do you think AdCom will be able to spend more time on an application that is submitted early?

Hi! All applications are reviewed equally, so there isn’t an advantage to submitting an application early so long as you submit by the deadline.
Admissions Director
Send PM
Prasundps wrote:
For students coming from groups that are highly represented group what will help them standout

Hi! We encourage you to focus on putting together your strongest application. Focus on putting together a strong application that is the best representation of you, your goals, and your story. That is how you stand out. Emphasize your strengths, goals, and interest in the program rather than comparing yourself to other applicants. That’s what we want to see.
Current Student
Send PM
Kush419 wrote:
Can you throw more light on the IGNITE part? How does Careers support?

IGNITE is the name of the programing from the careers office that ensures that we are prepared for when recruiting for internships begins. It starts in the summer with resume review but then once we entered our first year they also hosted sessions on answering behavioral interview questions and giving your 90 second "pitch". Careers continues to support Sternies through their entire two years (and beyond!), but IGNITE is specific programing to ensure we all start from the same strong foundation. Happy to chat more about all the work Careers does throughout our time - because it’s a lot!
Admissions Director
Send PM
Saya12345 wrote:
What % of applications are usually taken from R1,2 & 3?

We don’t have specific % to share since it varies year over year, but we have spots in the class and admit people throughout the entire cycle. Our January deadline is our largest deadline, and where we see the highest number of applications.
Current Student
Send PM
Saya12345 wrote:
Where can i get the list of electives i can pick for MBA Fin?

Hi! You can find a list of electives organized by specialization here: https://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admi ... urse-index

Kush419 wrote:
What did you highlight in your Pick Six essay?

Hi! I chose to highlight some of the things outside of work that were important to me like hobbies, family, etc. There’s no right way to approach this essay though!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I completed my undergraduate 6 months ago and have been working ever since, can anyone suggest any extra-curricular activities that i should take on, all suggestions are welcome 🤗
Current Student
Send PM
Kush419 wrote:
What are some things you wish you had known before starting your MBA program?

I’d recommend entering Stern having thought about your priorities for the program. Business school is such a busy time and there are endless opportunities in all arenas (career, social, academic, etc) so coming in with some clear thoughts on how you want to prioritize all these things will help you manage your time!
Admissions Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
sho182 wrote:
Hi Matthew and Erika, thank you for taking the time! Based on your experience observing students, what do you think is the most important characteristic of successful Sternies during and beyond their time at Stern?

Thank you for your question! I encourage you to connect with our students by attending events https://apply.stern.nyu.edu/portal/camp ... 1699366623 and reaching out to students here https://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admi ... ct-sternie

This will give you a chance to learn more about what it is like being a Sternie and the different experiences of our students. There isn’t a single characteristic that defines our students, but I think you will find that our students are collaborative, support one another, and are eager to build their EQ with the people who are part of our community
Admissions Director
Send PM
gokul5544 wrote:
Hi Team, Thank you for doing this. I know this going to sound like a silly question but is there anything I can do after I hit submit to improve my application as I wait to hear from the college.

Not a silly question at all! You can continue to engage with our students and community at events that interest you. Our students and student clubs host a variety of events throughout the year, so I’d encourage you to connect with them, stay in touch, and reach out if you see anything that interests you in terms of updates or news at Stern. It’s not necessarily improving your admission chances, but it’s helpful information for you (and could be helpful in an interview!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
sho182 wrote:
Thank you Maya. This is super insightful!

Just noticed. Sorry for the mix up... Thank you Alexandra!
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32962 [0]
Given Kudos: 5780
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, we have around 10 minutes left in this chat session. Ask your questions quickly
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I am a fresher graduated this year June 2023 from IIIT (B.tech - information technology) (India) , can you tell me what should my application have so that I could be shortlisted for MBA in Finance ?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry if we are not able to get to your questions in this session. Please join us at MBA Spotlight Fair. Stern Session is at 8:15 AM PST on Nov 28th and also at 2PM on Nov 29th. The sessions will be hosted on Zoom but not recorded to keep things private and comfortable. Bring your questions and enthusiasm on the 28th! 🙌
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 279
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
Send PM
Thank you so much for your response Erica! Will do that.
Current Student
Send PM
Tahamohsin wrote:
Hello, I have 60 % in my undergrad but 325 in GRE? I worried that Stern will reject just based on GPA criteria. My undergrad was stem related.

Hi! Stern has no minimum requirements :) You can get a sense of averages on our class profile here https://www.stern.nyu.edu/programs-admi ... ss-profile . Please keep in mind that these are just averages and Stern reviews applicants holistically.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7