Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: Tuck '26 (I)
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 4.0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q55 V55
Send PM
Admissions Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Nov 14: Chat with students from NYU Stern School of Business [#permalink]
jhorsley wrote:
Hello Maya and Alexandra! Thank you both so much for taking the time to speak with us this morning. When you have a chance, I am quite curious how you each find the culture of Stern (in the classroom or beyond, between peers and professors, industry pipelines, or anything else that’s made an impression on you). Thank you!

Hi! Thanks for the question! If I could sum up the culture of Stern in one word I’d probably say collaborative. Stern students are so excited and enthusiastic about helping one another in all aspects of business school - whether that’s helping someone with a difficult homework question, mock interviewing one another before interviews, or sharing out job opportunities. I’ve loved getting to know my classmates and something that I’ve really valued is our relatively smaller school size (about 320 a year for the fulltime class year) I really feel like I’ve gotten to know my classmates well and we’ve bonded as a community.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32953 [0]
Given Kudos: 5780
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, we have around 30 minutes left in this chat session.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q55 V55
Send PM
Where can i get the list of electives i can pick for MBA Fin?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
sho182 wrote:
Hi Alexandra, thank you for the great opportunity! Based on your experience, what do you think is the most important characteristic of successful Sternies during and beyond their time at Stern?

Hi! I think there’s a number of things that contribute to Sternies being successful, but the one I’d call out personally is empathy. I think my classmates are incredibly helpful and generous when it comes to offering their time to help with recruiting, host events, or just check-in.
Admissions Director
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
unnati157 wrote:
Is it important to have a leadership position or work in a large company to have a better shot for admission? If we don’t, how can we strengthen our profile?

We look at the quality of your work experience, whether you were in a leadership position, or not. We want to know about how you’ve made an impact in whatever roles you’ve had, regardless of formal title. Our students come from a range of experience, seniority, companies (large and small), and industries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT Focus 1:
705 Q86 V85 DI84
GRE 1: Q167 V157
Send PM
What did you highlight in your Pick Six essay?
Current Student
Send PM
BittuDG92 wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply. One more question related to this - is there any chance of getting a scholarship in R4?

Yes :) merit scholarships are given in every round
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hello Sternies! Nice to have you all in this session. What are some of the key points in your application that made you standout from the others? It would be great if you could shed some light on what you put up in your application with respect to your skillsets (leadership, extra curricular activities etc.). Thanks in Advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Alexandra_Stern wrote:
Hi! Thanks for the question! If I could sum up the culture of Stern in one word I’d probably say collaborative. Stern students are so excited and enthusiastic about helping one another in all aspects of business school - whether that’s helping someone with a difficult homework question, mock interviewing one another before interviews, or sharing out job opportunities. I’ve loved getting to know my classmates and something that I’ve really valued is our relatively smaller school size (about 320 a year for the fulltime class year) I really feel like I’ve gotten to know my classmates well and we’ve bonded as a community.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Alexandra! I’m very glad and impressed to hear how you find collaboration seeping into your experiences across Stern. I’ve found communities that work together, bond, and help each other grow have always been the most rewarding and successful. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 279
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45 (Online)
Send PM
Hi Team, Thank you for doing this. I know this going to sound like a silly question but is there anything I can do after I hit submit to improve my application as I wait to hear from the college.
Admissions Director
Send PM
Punppk wrote:
Hi! I would like to know if there are any tips or things I need to prepare for the interview? I’ll have the interview session in this month. Thank you!

Congratulations on your interview invitation! You can check out some student tips on the interview on our student blog: http://blogs.stern.nyu.edu/full-time-mb ... a-student/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Syan92 wrote:
Hello Maya and Alexandra, I’m an experienced professional with a 6 years of experience in state government and with a passion for enhancing education frameworks in India. As i was going through the website. My questions are: How does Stern incorporate social impact perspectives, particularly in education, within its curriculum or extracurricular activities?

Hi! There are a number of social impact-related classes that you can take both at Stern or at other graduate schools for Stern credit. In terms of extracurricular activities, you’ll see that a lot of clubs host different education-related/social impact events. Also there are things like the NYU Impact Investing Fund that students can apply to if they have interest in social impact work from a finance perspective
Admissions Director
Send PM
Punppk wrote:
Hi! I would like to know if there are any tips or things I need to prepare for the interview? I’ll have the interview session in this month. Thank you!

And more insight from AdCom here: http://blogs.stern.nyu.edu/full-time-mb ... interview/
Admissions Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Warriorsum wrote:
Hi Maya and Alexandra! Is WES needed for international applicants?

Hello! To apply and enroll, we require four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the U.S. or an equivalent degree from a school abroad - in some cases, a three-year degree is also acceptable. If you are unsure whether your education meets the requirement feel free to contact World Education Services (http://www.wes.org) for more information. Thank you for considering Stern!
Admissions Director
Send PM
Punppk wrote:

I also encourage you to take advantage of the pre-interview chats. You’ll get a chance to connect with a current student before your interview to ask them questions and get advice. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
mcoaxum wrote:
Hi! I think there’s a number of things that contribute to Sternies being successful, but the one I’d call out personally is empathy. I think my classmates are incredibly helpful and generous when it comes to offering their time to help with recruiting, host events, or just check-in.

Thank you! Seems like a very cooperative, mutual benefitive, and uplifiting environment!
Admissions Director
Send PM
Kush419 wrote:
How does a typical interview look like?

Good question! Interviews are by invitation only after we’ve reviewed your application. This cycle, they are all virtual. They are 30 minutes and conducted by a member of the admissions team who has read your entire application before the interview. You can read some insight on the application process from an AdCom member here: http://blogs.stern.nyu.edu/full-time-mb ... interview/
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7