Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Kellogg '24
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13391 [2]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Kellogg '24
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: NUS/ISB Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
MBADecoder wrote:
SDGZoman wrote:
Kindly evaluate my profile for NUS MBA (with scholarship) and ISB

Indian Male (27 year-old)

10th-91.2%
12th-73%
Integrated B.Tech+M.tech- Gautam Buddha University, 6.95GPA

GMAT Score-770(Q 50, V44, IR 5)

Work Experience: 4.5-years(January,2017-present)

Role 1 - Research Analyst(20 Months) in a Market Research Firm. Handling market research for PE, HF and Consulting Clients.

Role 2-Manager-Enterprise Business in Zomato.(34 Months)
-Senior Sales manager(2019)
-Key Accounts Manager(2020)
-Manager-Enterprise Business(2021)

Extracurricular:(1) President of Literary Activities(School)
(2) Core Member of Sponsorship Team for Cultural Fest(College)
(3)Competition Secretary for Community(Currently)

Please feel free to suggest any other B Schools as well.
Post MBA: mainly Product/Program Management or Consulting.

Wow, that's some GMAT score!
Your profile looks good, work wise. I am wondering what your current ECA as competition secy entails. Do give some more details there.
You should be able to put together a very competitive application to your target programs, good essays, resume and recos permitting.

You should be going deeper into the career goal discussion- these are far too broad and need narrowing down. Also, you need to write goals which best align with your career trajectory, aspirations and interests, as well as what a business school has to offer in terms of employment opportunities.

Which other programs are there on your mind? Geography?

Hi Namita,

It is a local independent community body that does social service across the year and organizes fests like Durga Puja, and other festivals as well. I am a part of the core team and handle the Competition segment for the body.

In terms of career goals, I feel that a product man/ prog man role in a Tech Company is something that I will be looking for. tech Sales role can also be one of the options in accordance with the career trajectory that I have had till now.

In other programs, I am considering IIM PGPex, and open to any well ranked B-School across the globe with scholarship. Geography is no bar.

Regards
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi SDGZoman,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is quite low. However, you can compensate for it with your solid GMAT score. Your GMAT score is too good. On the work front, your professional experience seems good and genuinely backed by qualitative values. You need to highlight your career progression and bring out cases that can say that your performance has been better than your peers, a good progressive career attracts adcoms. Carefully draft your application to make sure it stands out.

Your ECs are good as well. So, while your work experience can bring very interesting conversations with adcoms, your ECs help brings out the qualities b-schools look for a candidate. You need to be specific for your post-MBA goals. Think over it and make our goals more specific and detailed. ISB encourages candidates who can contribute to society in positive and meaningful ways. People who can bring different perspectives to the class and appreciate a different point of view. So, try to bring all these values to your apps. I would like to know more about your story to suggest you more b-schools. Overall you have a good profile and had a shot at the business schools. The more crucial part of your application is connecting all the dots and bringing out a strong story. If you are targeting fall 2021 deadlines, you may want to read an article on How to maximize your chances for fall deadlines to get some insights.

If you need any direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and guide you wherever you are feeling stuck with your profile. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Let’s maximize your chances in Round 1 for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

SDGZoman wrote:

10th-91.2%
12th-73%

Role 1 - Research Analyst(20 Months) in a Market Research Firm. Handling market research for PE, HF and Consulting Clients.

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
NUS/ISB Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
SDGZoman wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
SDGZoman wrote:

10th-91.2%
12th-73%

Wow, that's some GMAT score!
Your profile looks good, work wise. I am wondering what your current ECA as competition secy entails. Do give some more details there.
You should be able to put together a very competitive application to your target programs, good essays, resume and recos permitting.

You should be going deeper into the career goal discussion- these are far too broad and need narrowing down. Also, you need to write goals which best align with your career trajectory, aspirations and interests, as well as what a business school has to offer in terms of employment opportunities.

Which other programs are there on your mind? Geography?

Hi Namita,

It is a local independent community body that does social service across the year and organizes fests like Durga Puja, and other festivals as well. I am a part of the core team and handle the Competition segment for the body.

In terms of career goals, I feel that a product man/ prog man role in a Tech Company is something that I will be looking for. tech Sales role can also be one of the options in accordance with the career trajectory that I have had till now.

In other programs, I am considering IIM PGPex, and open to any well ranked B-School across the globe with scholarship. Geography is no bar.

Regards

Regarding the community aspect- try taking bigger responsibilities where you get a chance to make direct impact on people- these experiences are also more impactful in the application. Another reason- I doubt how many events will be held this year because of Coronavirus, and now with talks of a third wave. That will not give you much chance to show your leadership.

Regarding goals - program manager is a technical role and may not be suited to you given your experience in sales. Product management (because of its commercial orientation) and sales sound better aligned with your career.

Regarding b-schools - with your GMAT score and a good set of applications, you are an attractive candidate to a whole lot of b-schools across geographies. You've given me a clean slate to answer upon, and that makes it a little challenging. I'd be happy to get on a call with you, understand your profile / MBA plans better and then make some suggestions.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there SDGZoman,

Congrats on the strong GMAT score. It sounds like you have some good work experince under your belt as well.

Your post-MBA goal of product/program management or consulting is a fairly common one, so you will really want to dig deep and think about how you will make your unique mark. For example, perhaps you intend to develop a specific area of expertise within the consulting industry or focus on a certain sector.

Aside from successfully articulating your goals (a component of Personal MBA Coach’s support), a lot will come down to figuring out how to differentiate yourself in the applicant pool. The most successful candidates craft unique and compelling personal stories. This is another large component of Personal MBA Coach’s support and the area where we find our clients need the most guidance.

Take a look at our services to learn more about story development and other key areas that we target to help clients successfully navigate the application process.

If you start early and have a strong set of essays, you will likely have a very good shot at ISB.

Feel free to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com to further discuss your candidacy.

Regards,
Personal MBA Coach

SDGZoman wrote:

10th-91.2%
12th-73%

Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
SDGZoman wrote:

10th-91.2%
12th-73%

Hello SDGZoman,

Hope this finds you well.

You have an excellent GMAT score and the same will translate into high chances of you making it to your target schools; moreover, the same will also help offset your low GPA to a large extent.

The only concern we see is the fact that your post MBA goals are not very well aligned with your experience and you might want to reconsider the same. Remember, your best story is always one that showcases strong sync between your experience and future goals; the following video may help; please do watch it:

Needless to say, while you have a lot working with you, you must spend enough time putting forth a set of essays that do complete justice to your case. Should you wish to discuss this in greater detail, please do reach out to us.

All the best! :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Hello Experts, Hope everyone is doing well!

Kindly request you to evaluate my profile for MBA programs at NUS, NTU and SMU

Indian Male (29 year-old)

Post MBA: Management Consulting or Risk Consulting

10th-82%
12th-84%
B.tech from National Institute of Technology, 8.8 CGPA

GMAT Score-700(Q 48, V37, IR 3)

Work Experience: ~7-years(August,2014-present)

-->Role 1 - Senior Analyst
-Worked on Statistical Modelling in financial risk management domain, BFSI sector for UK client

-->Role 2 - Financial Risk Consultant
-Exposure to diversified risk consulting projects related to statistical modelling, model validation, economic capital calculation, regression models, time series modelling
-International experience working on shore in middle east region for 1.5 years directly with the C-level employees (CROs and CFOs)

-->Role 3 - Assistant Vice President (Switzerland based bank)
- Consistent exceptional performance with top ratings
- Built a 3 member team from scratch
- Gained expertise in various statistical softwares - R, SAS and Python

-->Role 4 - Senior Manager (Big 4)
- I am hopeful that this role will further strengthen my profile and increase my international exposure.

Extracurricular: (1) Physically active and play a variety of sports representing my team and company
(2) Secretary (highest position) of Music and Dramatics Club (College) and convener for the cultural festival held in the college bringing in sponsorships.
(3) In top 1% of the AIEEE test seekers across the country

I have a decent overall score however, a low score in IR (3 out of 8). I plan to pursue my MBA starting 2022. While I have ample amount of time, I want to be done with GMAT soon and focus on other projects. My focus for admission is mainly in the Singapore region (NUS/NTU/SMU).
Would this score suffice or should I take another attempt at the GMAT? Can the IR score be a deal breaker, especially for these three colleges? Anyone who has applied to NUS/NTU or has some experience in this area, do reach out!
Please feel free to suggest any other B Schools within Asia/Pacific region (preferably Singapore).
GMAT Club Bot