Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:20 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 106
Schools: NTU (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: NUS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi surajunadkat,

Thank you for sharing your profile. The average GMAT for NUS stands at 672, if you score up to 700, then it will maximize your chances. On the work front, your work experience seems good. Being an analyst and gaining some experience in auditing, I believe you can exhibit quantitative skills well. You will need to communicate your experience impactfully. Talking about your ECs, they will add value to your apps. What are your post-MBA goals?

If you need more direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to enhance your application and maximize your chances in Round 1 for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

surajunadkat wrote:
Kindly review my profile for NUS MBA 2022 intake:

Indian Male
Age 25
GMAT: Yet to appear (aiming for late 600s/700s)
Chartered Accountant by qualification
Post graduation degree: CGPI 9.0 and Undergrad degree CGPI 7.0
Work ex: 5 years (including 2.5 years of CA articleship period after graduation)
Presently working as an equity research analyst in a renowned MNC tracking the healthcare sector since 1.5 years.
In my time as an analyst, I have contributed extensively in preparation of various research reports, building financial models as well as creating and maintaining healthcare and macro economics databases.
During articleship, I gained exposure to auditing and taxation of companies, firms and individual clients. Got opportunity to lead audit teams, interact with management and guide colleagues. This enabled me to get an insight at a very young age about how companies operate on a daily basis.
Extra curriculars - marketing committee member at my college festival in 2012, presently an author for a finance website and mentor at an NGO to teach life skills to underprivileged students.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kindly evaluate my profile:

Nationality: Indian

GMAT Score: 720+(Expected)

Educational Qualifications:
UG: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering(82%), SRM IST, India
12th: 80% (Maharashtra State Board)
10th: 10/10 CGPA (CBSE)

Work Experience:
Entrepreneur. Working in the family business for the past 2.5 years. Run 3 different companies in different sectors (Manufacturing/Power/Agriculture). Not much work experience but improved profitability of the companies by 35% and revenue by 20% during Covid. Reduced downtime by 65%. Lead a team of over 35 people and revenue of over 1.4M$.

Extra-Curriculars:
Part of a motorsports team in college for 3.5 years. Participated in various national and international competitions.
Been a part of various sports teams in school at the state/district level.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Hello Experts, Hope everyone is doing well!

Kindly request you to evaluate my profile for MBA programs at NUS, NTU and SMU

Indian Male (29 year-old)

Post MBA: Management Consulting or Risk Consulting

10th-82%
12th-84%
B.tech from National Institute of Technology, 8.8 CGPA

GMAT Score-700(Q 48, V37, IR 3)

Work Experience: ~7-years(August,2014-present)

-->Role 1 - Senior Analyst
-Worked on Statistical Modelling in financial risk management domain, BFSI sector for UK client

-->Role 2 - Financial Risk Consultant
-Exposure to diversified risk consulting projects related to statistical modelling, model validation, economic capital calculation, regression models, time series modelling
-International experience working on shore in middle east region for 1.5 years directly with the C-level employees (CROs and CFOs)

-->Role 3 - Assistant Vice President (Switzerland based bank)
- Consistent exceptional performance with top ratings
- Built a 3 member team from scratch
- Gained expertise in various statistical softwares - R, SAS and Python

-->Role 4 - Senior Manager (Big 4)
- I am hopeful that this role will further strengthen my profile and increase my international exposure.

Extracurricular: (1) Physically active and play a variety of sports representing my team and company
(2) Secretary (highest position) of Music and Dramatics Club (College) and convener for the cultural festival held in the college bringing in sponsorships.
(3) In top 1% of the AIEEE test seekers across the country

I have a decent overall score however, a low score in IR (3 out of 8). I plan to pursue my MBA starting 2022. While I have ample amount of time, I want to be done with GMAT soon and focus on other projects. My focus for admission is mainly in the Singapore region (NUS/NTU/SMU).
Would this score suffice or should I take another attempt at the GMAT? Can the IR score be a deal breaker, especially for these three colleges? Anyone who has applied to NUS/NTU or has some experience in this area, do reach out!
Please feel free to suggest any other B Schools within Asia/Pacific region (preferably Singapore).
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello PB12,

A 700 GMAT should position you well for your target programs and your work experience looks strong.

Your post-MBA goal of risk or management consulting is relatively common, so you will really want to dig deep and think about how you will make your unique mark in these sectors.

Aside from successfully articulating your goals (a component of Personal MBA Coach’s support), a lot will come down to figuring out how to differentiate yourself in the applicant pool. The most successful candidates craft unique and compelling personal stories. This is another large component of Personal MBA Coach’s support and the area where we find our clients need the most guidance.

Take a look at our services to learn more about story development and other key areas that we target to help clients successfully navigate the application process.

If you start early and have a strong set of essays, you will likely have a very good shot at NUS, NTU, and SMU. As for other programs to target, try to get into the 5-8 school to maximize your chances of acceptance. Other programs to consider within Asia include CEIBS and HKUST. While a little bit lower in the rankings, Singapore Management University is another option.

Feel free to send a note to scott@personalmbcoach.com to further discuss your target school list, application strategy, and how we can help maximize your chances of success!

Regards,
Personal MBA Coach

PB12 wrote:

10th-82%
12th-84%

-Worked on Statistical Modelling in financial risk management domain, BFSI sector for UK client

-Exposure to diversified risk consulting projects related to statistical modelling, model validation, economic capital calculation, regression models, time series modelling
-International experience working on shore in middle east region for 1.5 years directly with the C-level employees (CROs and CFOs)

- I am hopeful that this role will further strengthen my profile and increase my international exposure.

Extracurricular: (1) Physically active and play a variety of sports representing my team and company
(2) Secretary (highest position) of Music and Dramatics Club (College) and convener for the cultural festival held in the college bringing in sponsorships.

I have a decent overall score however, a low score in IR (3 out of 8). I plan to pursue my MBA starting 2022. While I have ample amount of time, I want to be done with GMAT soon and focus on other projects. My focus for admission is mainly in the Singapore region (NUS/NTU/SMU).
Would this score suffice or should I take another attempt at the GMAT? Can the IR score be a deal breaker, especially for these three colleges? Anyone who has applied to NUS/NTU or has some experience in this area, do reach out!
Please feel free to suggest any other B Schools within Asia/Pacific region (preferably Singapore).
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi PB12,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is good, and your GMAT score is more than the average GMAT required for your target schools. So, this part is pretty sorted for you. On the work front, I can see a career progression. You have worked in different roles, and you can showcase this as your strength in your post-MBA goals (by making them more specific and inspired by previous experiences). You have innovation, impact, leadership, and achievements. I do not see any gaps here.

Talking about your ECs, you can talk about your involvement in various sports. The committee’s goal is to fill the class with as many perspectives and as much diversity as possible. Therefore, you will need to bring diversity to your profile.

Your post-MBA makes sense, but they are very generic. Recognizing the importance of management and seeking an MBA is merely the first step. However, you must consider why you require those management skills and how an MBA would help you achieve your long-term goals. As a result, you'll need to fine-tune these goals, and we'd be delighted to guide you and try to resolve your stumbling blocks.

If you need more direction/guidance over any aspect of your application and have any specific concerns, you can ask us on the forum Ask MBA & Beyond.

-Would this score suffice or should I take another attempt at the GMAT? Can the IR score be a deal breaker, especially for these three colleges?

You have a good score for these schools. If you think you can improve then you can retake GMAT(higher the better). B-schools do not consider your AWA and IR scores separately but rather as part of your overall GMAT results. However, in interviews, you might have to justify your low score.

The next thing you can do is connect to your target schools and ask how they interpret IR scores. You can also question them directly if your low IR score, considering your high GMAT score, raises a red flag and what you can do about it.
Hope this helps!

Overall you have a good profile. What’s going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story for NUS, NTU, and SMU to stand out from other applicants in the pool. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to enhance your application and maximize your chances in Round 1 for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

PB12 wrote:

10th-82%
12th-84%

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

Would appreciate if someone could review my profile for admission to NUS/NTU/INSEAD in Round 1 - 2022 admit. Details as follows -

Personal Info
Indian Male, 33 years

GMAT Score: Have not given but aiming for 680 - 710
IELTS: 7.5(L-7.5, R-7.5, W-8, S-7.5)

Schooling
10th: 69%
12th: 79.3%

Undergraduate:
B.Tech (EEE), Swami Vivekananda Institute of Technology, JNTU(Hyderabad) - Percentage - 60%

Postgraduate:
MBA Dual Specialization (Marketing & Operations), Amity Business School, Amity University - CGPA - 6.35

Work Experience:
1) Service Center Manager(Oriflame India) - 1.7 years (12 employees reported to me)
2) Senior Forecaster & Pricing Coordinator(Oriflame India) - 5 years (Handled South Asia markets)
3) Manager - Key Accounts(Modi Revlon) - 4 years ( 2 employees report to me)

EC & Hobbies:
1) Managed project exhibition during my MBA.
2) I am an avid reader of all fiction, mythological & non - fiction books.

Question
How well does my profile fit for NUS/NTU/INSEAD? Is there any way to improve it? Is the GMAT score alright for an Indian applicant?

References: Will be able to get some strong references from people in senior management at both my work places.

Reasons for MBA:
Though I have got good success in the initial years of my career, now I aim for senior level roles in future from a top university with focus on specific topics.

Post MBA goals:
Product Management/ Consulting
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi venkatkotti,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is low, and the average GMAT score for your targeted schools is between 660-710, but being an Indian applicant, you should always try to aim 10-20 above the average GMAT score. Try to push your score up to 720 to maximize your chances. The rest is up to your essays, work profile, and how you create compelling stories.

On the work front, you have good 10+ years of work experience. For your work experience, it’s great that you have knowledge of various domains in different companies. But I can not see any leadership and ’impact’ stints in your work, you may need to dig deeper to find these experiences. You must explain the roles and responsibilities you have undertaken and how it has created an impact on the organization. I'm not seeing any international experience in your profile, try to give your post-MBA goals a global perspective so that adcoms know you're conscious of your limitations and want to improve on them through your MBA and a particular school. In terms of your ECs, strive to convey your vibrant personality on paper so that adcoms get to know you outside of your work.

Regarding your question, your profile is good for the schools you have selected; work on the points I have given you above and go for it. You will also need to explain why you want the second MBA, such as what gaps you see in your profile and how MBA from b-schools can assist you to fill them. Overall you have a good profile. What matters most in your profile is connecting the dots and creating a compelling story to impress the adcoms.

If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to enhance your application and maximize your chances for fall intake

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

venkatkotti wrote:
Hi,

Would appreciate if someone could review my profile for admission to NUS/NTU/INSEAD in Round 1 - 2022 admit. Details as follows -

Personal Info
Indian Male, 33 years

GMAT Score: Have not given but aiming for 680 - 710
IELTS: 7.5(L-7.5, R-7.5, W-8, S-7.5)

Schooling
10th: 69%
12th: 79.3%

Undergraduate:
B.Tech (EEE), Swami Vivekananda Institute of Technology, JNTU(Hyderabad) - Percentage - 60%

Postgraduate:
MBA Dual Specialization (Marketing & Operations), Amity Business School, Amity University - CGPA - 6.35

Work Experience:
1) Service Center Manager(Oriflame India) - 1.7 years (12 employees reported to me)
2) Senior Forecaster & Pricing Coordinator(Oriflame India) - 5 years (Handled South Asia markets)
3) Manager - Key Accounts(Modi Revlon) - 4 years ( 2 employees report to me)

EC & Hobbies:
1) Managed project exhibition during my MBA.
2) I am an avid reader of all fiction, mythological & non - fiction books.

Question
How well does my profile fit for NUS/NTU/INSEAD? Is there any way to improve it? Is the GMAT score alright for an Indian applicant?

References: Will be able to get some strong references from people in senior management at both my work places.

Reasons for MBA:
Though I have got good success in the initial years of my career, now I aim for senior level roles in future from a top university with focus on specific topics.

Post MBA goals:
Product Management/ Consulting
Current Student
Given Kudos: 81
Schools: ISB '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Hi,

Would appreciate if someone could review my profile for admission to NUS/NTU/INSEAD.

Following are the details of my profile:

GMAT: yet to take.

Personal Info: Indian, Female
Education:
Class Xth: CGPA- 9.6/10
Class XII: 89.6%
Graduation: B Tech. Electronics and Telecommunications from NIT, 8.62/10

Work Experience:
1)2 yr, Analyst at one of the BIG4 consulting
2) 7 months at Data Analyst at one of the biggest e-commerce company.

EC:
1) held multiple PORs at various clubs while in college.
2)Active Background of social work, have been part of multiple NGO and volunteering in social initiatives.

Post MBA goals:
Product Management

Questions: What is ideal score I should aim for to ensure a call from these colleges? How well does my profile fit for NUS/NTU/INSEAD? Is there any way to improve it?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi PsyDuck2021,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Starting with stats, your undergrad GPA is good. The average GMAT for the schools you've chosen is between 670 and 710. As an Indian applicant, I recommend that you strive for 700+ to enhance your chances of admission to NTU and NUS. Also, 730+ for INSEAD. On the work front, based on the information you've provided, I believe you must have global exposure while working for a Big 4 firm because INSEAD values it. Your ECs sound good. You can talk about your social work and why you are involved in that cause. However, you must bring something that will offer diversity and express various elements of your personality. You may also discuss any hobbies or interests you have.

I think you need to work on your overall profile to increase the chances of selection. I’m not seeing any impact right now. Take some leadership roles at work and focus on your ECs as well. You may want to read an article to know exactly what ECs adcoms are looking for.

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length (especially about your work experience) and guide you on profile building for MBA. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

“Coffee with alums”- LGBT+ event

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
Testimonials

PsyDuck2021 wrote:
Hi,

Would appreciate if someone could review my profile for admission to NUS/NTU/INSEAD.

Education:

Work Experience:

EC:
2)Active Background of social work, have been part of multiple NGO and volunteering in social initiatives.

Post MBA goals:
Product Management

Questions: What is ideal score I should aim for to ensure a call from these colleges? How well does my profile fit for NUS/NTU/INSEAD? Is there any way to improve it?
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there PsyDuck2021

Your background in social work will be great to highlight in your MBA applications, particularly if you can showcase leadership from these extracurriculars. Your work experience at one of the Big 4 consulting firms is also a strong component of your candidacy.

For your target programs, you will definitely want to break 700 on the GMAT. For INSEAD, anything less than 730 is likely not going to be enough.

You also may want to consider targeting a larger number of programs. Many students are now applying to 6+ schools as competition increases and acceptance rates fall. School selection is a key part of Personal MBA Coach's services and we would be happy to discuss this with you in more detail in the context of your post-MBA goal of product management.

Feel free to send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com if you are looking for guidance. We work with a lot of folks in consulting and a lot of Indian applicants!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

PsyDuck2021 wrote:
Hi,

Education:

Work Experience:

EC:

Post MBA goals:
Product Management

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hello.

I was hoping if anyone would evaluate my profile and tell me my chances to get into NUS.

25 years old, Indian Male.
GMAT: 720 (Q49, V40)

Work Experience:
• 4 years at Deloitte as a Software engineer who worked for multiple US-based banks (including investment banks and multiple F500 Banks).
• Won multiple awards and back-to-back yearly promotions.
• Multiple instances of me leading teams from India and Singapore (virtually)

Extracurricular activities:
• Led a group of 30 volunteers in a leading Indian NGO for 3+ years.
• Organized weekly classes, health camps for underprivileged kids.
• Led initiatives that helped underprivileged primary school dropouts find scholarships and rejoin school.
• Organized multiple city-level charity fundraising events.

Studies:
• Engineering in Information Technology.
• CGPA of 7.25 which converts to 4/4 GPA (Not sure about the conversion process; I Will update once I confirm)
• Co-authored a research paper which was later on published in ‘Recent Developments in Machine Learning and Data Analytics. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 740. Springer, Singapore.’

Post MBA Goals: Product management, preferably in the cloud domain. (Backup - Consulting)

What are my chances at NUS?
Also, considering that I come from a very highly overrepresented pool, will the fact that I will apply in Round 2 decrease my chances?

Thanks a lot for your time and help, I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
AM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Ross '24 (WA)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi, please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for MBA with specialization in consulting/finance.

Short term MBA goal : work as a consultant with firms, such as Mckinsey or BCG, and help global financial institutions solve strategic & operational issues.
Long term MBA Goal : To build a technology-driven banking option for India’s marginalized that merges the conveniences of Neo-banks with attributes of traditional banks.

About my profile:-
I am 29 year old Male from Mumbai, India. [ Nationality : Indian ]

Educational Qualification:-
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute (Virginia, USA) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top quartile in 9 out of 10 subjects
Chartered Accountancy (CPA Equivalent), ICAI (Delhi, India) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top 5% amongst 43,000 students
Bachelor of Commerce, HR College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai, India) - Secured First Distinction with a cumulative grade of 80%

GMAT Score :- 740 ( Q50 V41 )

Work Experience:-
I worked at Drip Capital INC (US based Fintech Startup) as Senior Finance manager from Dec’18 - present ( 2 years & 11 months ) - got one promotion
I worked at ITC Limited as Assistant Finance Manager from Nov’15 – Dec’18 ( 3 years & 1 months )
Total years of experience : 6 years ( as of today )
While entering MBA : 6.6 years

Achievements & Participation :-
At Drip Capital INC
• First hire in the finance department; Conceptualized financial management and regulatory processes across USA, Mexico, and India, and built a 5-member core team
• Spearheaded financial due diligence for Series-B funding of $25M led by Sequoia Capital and Accel and collaborated with US-based capital market team for securing first banking line of credit of $40M
• Ideated and convinced the founder on reorganization of business operations for better tax efficiency and delivered tax savings of $400,000 on y-o-y basis

AT ITC Limited
• Steered a 5-member team to evaluate and implement major impact points of new indirect tax regime on 20 projects operating across 15 states of India, effectively regulating yearly tax benefit of $14M
• Customized and automated information workflow in SAP software, an improvement unique across both ITC and SAP India, Augmented compliance and reduced manual reconciliation by 200+ manhours on y-o-y basis
• Key member of core team; Collaborated on yearly budgeting and quarterly variance analysis of capital expenditure across operational turnkey projects worth $850M
• Mentored 10+ member core team having average experience of 10 years; Enhanced their productivity, 4 of them got promoted

Outside Work
• Avid trekker - Trekked across South India and the Himalayas, Volunteer at local trekking club
• I have undertaken multiple pro bono engagements, wherein I helped fellow CA students/graduates with their study plans, career projections, general advisory, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hi, Kindly evaluate my profile. I would appreciate if anyone could advise if I the GMAT score is enough to be considered for NUS. I was expecting a 750 but due to the exam anxiety it dropped to 700 :(

Indian male. 31yrs.
Course applying for: NUS MBA (part time)

Total experience- 10yrs in Engineering/Manufacturing.
Past 2 yrs- Project Lead in a Medical devices/Manufacturing industry with an Industry leader.
Prior exp - Mechanical Engineer with a top consumer goods brand.

Education:
Undergrad: 74% ( BE aerospace from Anna Univ,Chennai)
HBS CORe: pass with high honors
12th: 94%
10th: 90%

GMAT: 700 (Q49, V35), IR7

Other activities: Lead multiple humanitarian project for Red Cross as a volunteer.
Lead Symposiums during undergrad.

Post MBA goal: Leveraging on the MBA and my current experience as a foundation to grow into a Functional Leadership role with my current employer.

Long term goal: Develop into a comprehensive leader capable of Leading the Operations value chain of an organisation ie. COO

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Jplus,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Starting with the stats, the average GMAT score for NUS is 670 for full-time and 645 for part-time MBA. So, I believe your GMAT score would be sufficient to have a shot at NUS. On the work front, you have a solid 10 years of experience, which should assist you to bring leadership, impact, and innovation. You must highlight the projects on which you worked and how they contributed to the growth of the organization. Working and attending grad school is a tough balance. As a result, adcoms search for evidence that you are ready for it. As a result, make certain that you demonstrate the same. Your post-MBA goals make sense. Overall, your profile is good and has a chance. Just make sure you thoroughly prepare your application and showcase your fit for NUS. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-school. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

If you'd like to get some Insights from a business school alum on How to Ace Your MBA Application make sure your register for this session.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Jplus wrote:
Hi, Kindly evaluate my profile. I would appreciate if anyone could advise if I the GMAT score is enough to be considered for NUS. I was expecting a 750 but due to the exam anxiety it dropped to 700 :(

Indian male. 31yrs.
Course applying for: NUS MBA (part time)

Total experience- 10yrs in Engineering/Manufacturing.
Past 2 yrs- Project Lead in a Medical devices/Manufacturing industry with an Industry leader.
Prior exp - Mechanical Engineer with a top consumer goods brand.

Education:
Undergrad: 74% ( BE aerospace from Anna Univ,Chennai)
HBS CORe: pass with high honors
12th: 94%
10th: 90%

GMAT: 700 (Q49, V35), IR7

Other activities: Lead multiple humanitarian project for Red Cross as a volunteer.
Lead Symposiums during undergrad.

Post MBA goal: Leveraging on the MBA and my current experience as a foundation to grow into a Functional Leadership role with my current employer.

Long term goal: Develop into a comprehensive leader capable of Leading the Operations value chain of an organisation ie. COO

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Hi All

Would like to have my profile reviewed to ascertain my chances at NUS MBA class of 2023. TIA!!

1. Indian Male
2. GRE : 319 (Q165 V154)
3. Industry : Real Estate (Project Management consulting), working with a Fortune 150 real estate consulting firm
4. Work Ex : 78 months (switched 3 companies and with current company for last 26 months)
5. Education : BE (Hons) Civil Engineering & MS (Hons) Biology
6. CGPA: 7.38/10
7. University: BITS Pilani
8. Professional Certifications : Project Management Professional (PMP)
9. Extracurriculars: a. Member Volunteer at Project Management Institute (PMI) local chapter, contributing for multiple initiatives aimed at
democratizing project management as a life skill for age groups 5 yrs-35yrs
b. Volunteered for various Covid relief initiatives in Apr - May 2021
c. Held positions in fest organizing bodies during undergrad
10. Activities/ Hobbies : Avid runner and trekker participated in various marathons, treks and trekathons
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 298
Schools: NUS (M) NTU (A$)
GMAT 1: 530 Q42 V21
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V33 (Online)
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Hi All,

I would like to have my profile reviewed to ascertain my chances at NUS Full Time MBA 2022 Intake Round 3. Thank you!

1. Malaysian Chinese Male
2. GMAT: 640 (Q44 V33 IR5)
3. Industry : Construction (Project Engineer)
4. Work Ex : 4 years (switched company once to a Singapore Construction company in 2021 Aug)
5. Education : MEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
6. CGPA (equivalent): First Class Degree Honors (Average of 70.5%)
7. Undergraduate University: Cardiff University, United Kingdom
8. Professional Certifications : Google Project Management Online Coursera Course
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: HBS '25 (D)
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
Hi Guys, I need your help with my profile evaluation. I completed my B.com (Hons) from Delhi University (CGPA 7.07/10). Since then I am working at Ernst & Young - Assurance Audit Practice. My job role involves Analysis of Financial statement and Internal control environment of the clients. I have been working majorly on clients going for an Initial public offer. I was also selected for the resource sharing program at EY where I directly worked with EY Abu Dhabi Clients, Due to Covid, this engagement was conducted virtually. During Undergrad, I was a part of many clubs. I was heading the Corporate relations cell and the Film making society. At the film making society I was a part of three short films in the capacities of Director, Assistant Director and Actor. I have a GMAT score of 700 (Q49, V37). My goal is to transition my career towards consulting and in the long term I want to be in the strategy consulting practice. Please advice what are my chances to get an admit at the NUS MBA program.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11