Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:00 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB '24 (II)
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: NUS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey soundarkarpalash,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

Your profile looks good on the surface. On the academic front, 680 is a decent score when targeting NUS. (Last class average was 670). Your GPA, however, falls on the lower side. You can highlight any additional academic achievements of yours, it will help you back up for a low GPA.

On the work front, your professional background appears to be interesting. Your work experience has instances of great leadership, initiatives, and impact. You may showcase your personality of a high performing individual and dedication to your firm by leading the team to reduce expenditures and demonstrating the impact you had. Being associated with a British bank would have given you adequate instances to demonstrate your global learnings. Also, I can very well observe career progression in your profile, it is important to adequately highlight these to the AdComs.

Regarding your ECs, they add diversity to your profile, and I especially liked the toastmaster part. Try to highlight this and how it contributes to your personal growth. Discuss your public speaking experience to begin an interesting conversation with the AdComs. You may share the story of how these experiences shaped your personality. Being the head of finance for the college’s cult fest during your undergraduate program supports your long association with the financial world, it is important to use these adequately in your application.

Your post-MBA goals in PM and Strategizing roles make sense. Make sure you explain how NUS will help you fill in the gaps in your profile and direct you toward your goals.

NUS looks for the following qualities in an applicant.
1. Integrity
2. Motivation
3. Clear career plan
4. Presentation and communication
5. Going beyond academics

I can clearly see a mix of all these in your profile. While it is true that NUS places a strong emphasis on academic performance, it is quite clear that it also considers factors outside of the classroom and the workplace. For this reason, I urge you to work diligently on your application. It all relies on how you connect the dots and create a compelling story around it. Hence, if you’d like, feel free to schedule a call with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources.

soundarkarpalash wrote:
Hi All,

I’m planning to Apply for ‘23 intake for NUS.
Here’s a brief on my profile

26 year old Male, Indian

GMAT : 680 ( Q49 V34 )
Undergraduate degree : Bachelors in Technology in Computer Science and Engineering from NIT Goa ( CGPA - 7.3/10 )

10th, 12th - 93%, 95%

Work Ex : 4.5 years in a British Bank
Roles and Responsibilities:
Initially joined as a software developer to handle various comms sent out by a bank to its customers, developed multiple APIs that now serve 6.5M customers daily.
Promoted to a new role wherein led tech teams to develop end to end solutions for a few use cases. Delivered a novel product in the Uk business banking space that has digitised bank’s multiple ways of comms thus sustainably saving the bank major bucks.

Have been awarded with multiple recognitions for excellence in service and timely delivery.

Co curriculars :
Have been a Toastmaster since 2015 and have since served multiple clubs as their VP and then later the President for two consecutive terms at the Corporate’s TM Club
An Avid public speaker, I’ve won multiple awards at speakathons, speech contests and have mentored multiple protégés for which was also awarded as “master mentor”
At NIT Goa, I was the head of finance for the college’s cult fest.
Lead Drummer for corporate’s band, has qualified for Mood Indigo’s Mantra finale when in college.

Post MBA Goals -
To deep dive into the management space, be a product manager for the short term leading up to strategising and setting up product roadmaps for diverse products and maybe someday leading tech giants making crucial decisions to lead the company from the front.

Hope this helps, open for all your views!

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: ISB '24 (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
GPA: 2.84
Send PM
Hi All,

I am Arpit and planning to Apply for ‘23 intake for NUS. I know I am very late in the process but working on multiple fronts to make my application count.

Here is my profile

27 year old Male, Indian

GMAT : Not given yet. Expected score 700 based on the mocks. Online GMAT exam scheduled on 20th Jan
Undergraduate degree : B. Tech in Metallurgical Engineering and Material Sciences from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay(premium engineering college in India)

10th: 9.4/10
12th: 86.4/100
UG: 6.9/10(I didn't focus much on studies but have got many internship experiences)

Work Ex : 5.5 years in 3 different jobs

1. Analyst at a UAE based micro VC firm - 1 Yr
I was interning here during college and then joined the firm full time right out of UG college. Worked there for almost an year(including college time) learning about startups and interacting with many founders. After an year, I realised that I'll need some real industry experience and hard skills, hence moved on to work in data science field

2. Data Scientist in Revenue Management Dept at a LCC airline based out of India- 3Yrs
RM is a field in Operations Research and involves both commercial and technical acumen. Here I worked with a lot of data, learnt python, did some good amount of coding and built a lot of automation tools for the airline. In the first year of my 3 year stint here, I built a dynamic pricing algorithm which manages the complete pricing of airline's tickets leading to 15% increase in the cash flows. The covid stuck during my second year here and all the projects got stalled and the airline went into cost-cutting mode. That's when I went on to work at my startup in stealth mode

3. Co-Founder and Technical Lead at a startup(an impact oriented IT and Data Science consultancy firm serving govt and private clients)- 1.5 Yr:
This experience has been the most challenging and I learnt a lot of things encountered by entrepreneurs. Developed 3 innovative products from scratch and managed the IT infra and tech team budget. Oversaw a team of 10 engineers and data analysts along with multiple IT and data science projects while maneuvering the company through the challenges posed by government clients(delayed payments, mismanaged client expectations, low understanding of tech). Managed the flagship product of the company. Went through all ups and downs of the startup where we had to do salary cuts and even let go some of the team members due to performance issues.

Co curriculars:
1. An avid player of table tennis having played and won state level tournaments
2. Travelled across lengths and breadths of India(thanks to my free airline tickets)

Spikes that can distinguish this profile from others:
1. Aviation operations research experience where I developed something affecting the top line of business directly
2. Humbling startup co-founder experience
3. Experience working in the impact sector with multiple govt and police officials
4. Premium institute UG degree(if that counts at all)
5. Varied experience of finance(VC and CFA L1 attempted), aviation and Govt IT consulting

Post MBA Goals -
A career that remains relevant to consumer psychology while staying in touch with tech world, be a product manager in MAANG like companies for the short term and eventually start a company some day

Please share your analysis. Also, I am open to any questions you might have

Suggestions also required on:
1. Whether this is the best college suited for my profile. If there's any other college that would suit more(I'll be posting the same profile for analysis in some other univs thread too)
2. Given my current level of preparation(No GMAT, no essays, short Round 2 deadlines), can I still apply for a top college and get an admit OR should I opt for next year(2024 intake) with full preparation. Although I don't want to delay MBA by 1 year, this will remain my last resort in case I don't get a top college
3. Any suggestions for essays are most welcome

Thanks in advance
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72903 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619482 [0]
Given Kudos: 81611
Send PM
Re: Profile Fit for NUS - Post all Profile Evaluation Requests Here! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
NUS Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.