Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:59 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: NUS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi everyone.
I would love to get my profile evaluated.

Background:
IT Engineer Male Indian

Education
10th grade : 93%
12th grade: 94.75%
CGPA: 8.6 ( Manipal Institute of Technology)
GMAT: 700

Work Experience:
2 years in Cisco. Worked as a software developer/scrum master for an important Cisco service used in 180 countries and generating an annual revenue of 6 Billion.
3 month Internship in Istanbul: Was stuck there when the military coup took place. Lots of good stories around that.
Founder of a startup in college. Got multiple contracts from various hotels and universities.

Extra- Curricular Activities:
Cisco Intern Ambassador : Point of contact between 240+ Cisco Interns and the management. Worked with them to improve the internship experience.
Vice-President, Indian Society for Technical Education : Led a team of 200+ to organize events in college
Category Head,Technical Fest : Made improvements to the events to improve participation by 50% to 1200 people. Led a team of 100+.
Worked at an NGO (MAD) for 2+ years as a mentor training volunteers. Responsible for the curriculum planning of 14 teachers and overall study schedule of 60+children.
Various performance awards at work.
State-level Swimmer.
Vice-President of my school.

Post MBA goals

Product Management/ Consulting
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
Hi Everyone! I am planning to apply for the MBA program at NUS for 2021-2023

X: 10 CPGA
XII: 94.4%
B.Tech from VIT University, Vellore( Electrical & Electronics Engineering)- 85.8%
Work Experience: 36 Months as on August'20
Joined Mahindra & Mahindra as GET in 2017 and then moved from being an Assistant Manager to a Deputy Manager in 2 Years.
1.Working in the sourcing umbrella of the Automotive Arm of Mahindra & Mahindra as part of the component development and materials management department. Lead for 2 upcoming vehicle platforms managing cross functional teams, departments and vendors across the globe.
2.Have published 4 research papers in journals like IEEE, Elsevier and IJRET.
3. Won the Special Achiever's Award from the Vice Chancellor for Academic and Co Curricular achievements.
4.Won the Columban of the Year ( Student of the Year) in Class X at St. Columbas School, New Delhi.
5. Marathon Runner
6. GMAT: 680

Request you to give your objective feedback and profile evaluation for NUS.

Thanks in advance!!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ujjwalashish01,

On the surface, your profile looks great for NUS. Starting with stats, you have clearly aced your grades. Your GMAT too is well above the NUS average. So, academically, you provide a competitive profile. Now taking about your work-ex, I can clearly see career progression and achievements, elements of leadership and international experience, the latter counts better if you may show how these experiences have helped you professionally (or personally). Your ECs seem really interesting like publishing research papers in great journals like IEEE and being a marathon runner. They actually can help you present quite an interesting story. For NUS, I would advise showcase a very clear career vision with global outlook and do present a very subtle mix of personal and professional life. So, overall, you do have a good shot at NUS and you are very welcome to hop on a call with us to brainstorm your career goals and chances to some good schools with us.
Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond

With more than 8 years of experience spanning across entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship, Shantanu has worked across the globe as a Procurement Manager, Product Manager (Marketing, Operations, Payments and Risk/ Fraud), Growth Consultant, eventually unraveling his love for helping candidates with their MBA application as a Coach. Shantanu started coaching applicants, with his team, right after he graduated from INSEAD in 2017.
ujjwalashish01 wrote:
Hi Everyone! I am planning to apply for the MBA program at NUS for 2021-2023

X: 10 CPGA
XII: 94.4%
B.Tech from VIT University, Vellore( Electrical & Electronics Engineering)- 85.8%
Work Experience: 36 Months as on August'20
Joined Mahindra & Mahindra as GET in 2017 and then moved from being an Assistant Manager to a Deputy Manager in 2 Years.
1.Working in the sourcing umbrella of the Automotive Arm of Mahindra & Mahindra as part of the component development and materials management department. Lead for 2 upcoming vehicle platforms managing cross functional teams, departments and vendors across the globe.
2.Have published 4 research papers in journals like IEEE, Elsevier and IJRET.
3. Won the Special Achiever's Award from the Vice Chancellor for Academic and Co Curricular achievements.
4.Won the Columban of the Year ( Student of the Year) in Class X at St. Columbas School, New Delhi.
5. Marathon Runner
6. GMAT: 680

Request you to give your objective feedback and profile evaluation for NUS.

Thanks in advance!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Bookmarks
Master in Management AT NUS
Jan 2022

Female

Currently in 3rdyear of undergraduation(81%)
10 th -87%
12th- 84%

What are my chances of getting in NUS?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
My Profile:

10th - 90.80%
12th - 94.44%
B.E. - 8.1CGPA i.e 4.0 GPA

GMAT score: Haven't taken yet, but expect around 650. [Not being optimistic here]

Work experience: 6 years as Data Scientist. Machine Learning AI. Have been part of an Indian IT company, US Telecom Giant, and currently in a UK-based Pharma company(active covid vaccine makers) in Operations. I have lead a team in my previous organisation.
This can go against me as my current resume is too technical. Hardcore tech AI terms. I am someone who codes, present and talk to clients. But generally, I boast of my tech skills to get a job. Also, except a couple of projects, all my projects have ended up being proof of concepts, i.e. research but never made money for the business.

International Exposure: I have dealt with Clients and Business, and have been in China and Japan for 1 month each. (I can speak basic Japanese.)

Co-Cirricular: Have 19 awards (can not mention everything even in resume) at National Level Tech. Symposiums (Paper Presentation, Quiz, Circuit debug etc) when in college. Won 2 hackathons at work.

Extra Curricular: Been teaching underprivileged children as part of CSR program from organization. And have been part of cleaning drives. Participates in marathon/chess/dance occasionally.

I talked with a senior, and he says I have a huge compitetion with the typical Indian IT male bucket. Also, I feel my skills are too technical for MBA. Could you tell me what could be my chances and how should I change my resume for NUS? Any advice is welcome.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
jainym wrote:
Master in Management AT NUS
Jan 2022

Female

Currently in 3rdyear of undergraduation(81%)
10 th -87%
12th- 84%

What are my chances of getting in NUS?

Hey jainym,

Due to the lack of information it is difficult to judge your academic capabilities. However, evaluating your profile based on details you’ve provided, you most certainly clear the basic eligibility criteria of applying to most countries worldwide, since your UG grades showcase a strong academic background.

In addition to this, another significant aspect that schools focus on is extracurricular activities as they are looking for a comprehensive profile. Hence, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavours taken up at any clubs, associations, sports, fest, or events you managed or participated in during your undergraduate. Volunteering initiatives, certifications, or internships undertaken during the course of your study would also count towards your extracurricular initiatives. Since you have not mentioned any extra-curricular activities, make sure you do that. Emphasize on what events you have led, what were your roles and responsibilities, what were your major takeaways. Elaborating them in your profile will showcase a holistically developed profile and would vouch for you being a good candidate for the school.

Moving on, schools also look for any kind of internship experience. Make sure you explain and highlight the major projects of your work and how these experiences helped to develop and further groom your skills and knowledge. Highlight why you chose these internships, what are the projects done so far, how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you took, and any kind of impact created to establish a connection with your goals, and portray the knowledge gained from these experiences. Explaining all this well can be a differentiator for you, and help you stand out in a crowd.
Coming to the school that you wish to target, NUS comes under the upper competitive category. With no in-depth information on your profile, it is difficult to gauge your eligibility for this school. In that case, you can drop in your details at info@mim-essay.com and we can help you in solving your queries further.

Lastly, you need to be aware that you will be facing competition from really good profiles, which is why, you need to compliment your profile with a strong application that includes essays, letter of recommendation, statement of purpose, and resume that highlights all your strong suits, gives reasoning for the weaknesses and displays how you’d be a good addition to the cohort. As a matter of fact, your application can boost your chances of acceptance by 3x!

Hope this has helped!
­­­­­­­­­­­­
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all!!
Please evaluate my profile for MBA(Full time) at NUS.

Indian Male(26)
Acads:
10th(CBSE): 10/10 CGPA
12th(CBSE): 91%
Undergrad[ IIT Guwahati(Btech in Electronics and Communication Engineering(2016))] :: 8.05/10 CGPA
GMAT: 730(Q49, V40, IR6, AWA Score awaited)

Work Experience: Currently working at ISRO as Program manager for Communication and Navigation Satellites( 4Years)

International exposure: Have done an internship each in Japan and South Korea

Extra Curricular: Was NSS volunteer in college, finance manager in electronics club, event organizer in one fest
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
atulk100 wrote:
Hi all!!

Indian Male(26)
Undergrad[ IIT Guwahati(Btech in Electronics and Communication Engineering(2016))] :: 8.05/10 CGPA
Currently working at ISRO as Program manager for Communication and Navigation Satellites( 4Years)

Extra Curricular: Was NSS volunteer in college, finance manager in electronics club, event organizer in one fest

Hi ATul,

that's a nice profile you have.
You are pretty strong academically. IIT. high GPA and high GMAT - all make for a strong academic background.
Your ISRO work is differentiated but I would like to know more about it. exactly what do you do? what achievements do you have and why do you need an MBA? In effect, what ae your career goals?
NUS also cares to know why Singapore as a location is important for you.

Other than that do you have any ECAs after college?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
1)At, ISRO i work as project manager(AIT) for satellites. It is basically a technical project management role and requires involvement from conceptualization to realization of satellites. I have been involved in successful delivery of 3 satellites payloads(Cannot name as have to maintain confidentiality)
2)I need an MBA to change my career path as well as to achieve faster professional and financial growth.
3)I have an inclination towards SCM and business analytics and want to build a career around them.
4)Singapore as a location i hope will offer better professional opportunities and overall a higher standard of living.
5)No, I don't have any ECA's after college

Also based on my profile can you suggest possible colleges to which i can apply(Colleges with scholarships preferred)
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi atulk100,

NUS greatly stresses the academic excellence and with your stats, you seem quite sorted at this part. Also, as highlighted by Namita, your work at ISRO does provide for diversity. Being a project manager, I believe you can highlight substantial examples of leadership. Now as I understand you want to make a career switch to SCM or business analytics but with 4 rigorous years in ISRO, you may need to back this goal up with substantial prior experiences in these fields (maybe during college or by any other events which lead your inclination towards the field) to make them look plausible.

Also, NUS is quite transparent about the fact that it does look beyond academics and work. So, while you do not have much ECAs after college, do bring a vibrating, interesting personality on your applications. You may bring any hobby about which you are passionate and through which you can engage the adcoms. Additionally, make sure you list down the gaps that you have identified in your profile that you think an MBA from NUS, Singapore will help you fill in order to achieve your post-MBA goals. Here you need to be specific about NUS and Singapore because saying it will offer opportunities will make it look really vague and not at all researched.

To suggest schools according to your profile, I need to know more about your goals and prior experiences. Based on these details, Rotman may suit your profile, HEC Paris can be a good pick as well. f you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call some time this week to discuss your chances in further detail. Feel free to book my calendar as per your convenience. I am also happy to suggest more schools that best match your profile on our call.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com

atulk100 wrote:
1)At, ISRO i work as project manager(AIT) for satellites. It is basically a technical project management role and requires involvement from conceptualization to realization of satellites. I have been involved in successful delivery of 3 satellites payloads(Cannot name as have to maintain confidentiality)
2)I need an MBA to change my career path as well as to achieve faster professional and financial growth.
3)I have an inclination towards SCM and business analytics and want to build a career around them.
4)Singapore as a location i hope will offer better professional opportunities and overall a higher standard of living.

Also based on my profile can you suggest possible colleges to which i can apply(Colleges with scholarships preferred)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Avinashkr29,

Seeing your profile, you seem to tick all the boxes. You have good acads, great tech experience, International experience and many awards and recognitions. All you need is good direction and confidence. I see the biggest hiccup for you is your too good tech experience. To start, I first want to know why do you want to do an MBA and what are your post-MBA goals? This will help me know how we can capitalize on your tech skills and make MBA reasonable by connecting your expertise and MBA knowledge in order to achieve your long-term goals. For example, if you want to build a Pharma startup in long term with some great innovative idea by using your tech skills and experience in the industry, then doing an MBA will help you gain an insight into the business world and will build required skillsets (exactly what you're lacking). This way you can emphasize your great tech skills in your applications and make MBA sound reasonable. Additionally, you need to research well about NUS and its values and explain how the schools can help you get closer to your life goals. Also, you should look tech MBAs, they can prove to be good fit for you.

If you'd like, we can have a discussion at length about your profile and how you can craft your apps for NUS and other schools that fit your profile. Feel free to book my calendar as per your convenience. I am also happy to suggest more schools that best match your profile on our call.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,

On behalf of,
Schedule a free session
Avinashkr29 wrote:
My Profile:

10th - 90.80%
12th - 94.44%
B.E. - 8.1CGPA i.e 4.0 GPA

GMAT score: Haven't taken yet, but expect around 650. [Not being optimistic here]

Work experience: 6 years as Data Scientist. Machine Learning AI. Have been part of an Indian IT company, US Telecom Giant, and currently in a UK-based Pharma company(active covid vaccine makers) in Operations. I have lead a team in my previous organisation.
This can go against me as my current resume is too technical. Hardcore tech AI terms. I am someone who codes, present and talk to clients. But generally, I boast of my tech skills to get a job. Also, except a couple of projects, all my projects have ended up being proof of concepts, i.e. research but never made money for the business.

International Exposure: I have dealt with Clients and Business, and have been in China and Japan for 1 month each. (I can speak basic Japanese.)

Co-Cirricular: Have 19 awards (can not mention everything even in resume) at National Level Tech. Symposiums (Paper Presentation, Quiz, Circuit debug etc) when in college. Won 2 hackathons at work.

Extra Curricular: Been teaching underprivileged children as part of CSR program from organization. And have been part of cleaning drives. Participates in marathon/chess/dance occasionally.

I talked with a senior, and he says I have a huge compitetion with the typical Indian IT male bucket. Also, I feel my skills are too technical for MBA. Could you tell me what could be my chances and how should I change my resume for NUS? Any advice is welcome.
Current Student
Send PM
Sorry I misunderstood what you meant by ECA'S after college.

As for ECA'S after college, I play tennis regularly and recently received a team award in the annual intra organisational event.
Also I am a student mentor at Knowledgly, a mentoring and counselling startup.
I will book a session to discuss further.
Also, are career change and professional growth not enough reasons to justify pursuit of mba??
And I will skip the inclination part if that will hamper my chances.

MBAnBevaluations wrote:
Hi atulk100,

NUS greatly stresses the academic excellence and with your stats, you seem quite sorted at this part. Also, as highlighted by Namita, your work at ISRO does provide for diversity. Being a project manager, I believe you can highlight substantial examples of leadership. Now as I understand you want to make a career switch to SCM or business analytics but with 4 rigorous years in ISRO, you may need to back this goal up with substantial prior experiences in these fields (maybe during college or by any other events which lead your inclination towards the field) to make them look plausible.

Also, NUS is quite transparent about the fact that it does look beyond academics and work. So, while you do not have much ECAs after college, do bring a vibrating, interesting personality on your applications. You may bring any hobby about which you are passionate and through which you can engage the adcoms. Additionally, make sure you list down the gaps that you have identified in your profile that you think an MBA from NUS, Singapore will help you fill in order to achieve your post-MBA goals. Here you need to be specific about NUS and Singapore because saying it will offer opportunities will make it look really vague and not at all researched.

To suggest schools according to your profile, I need to know more about your goals and prior experiences. Based on these details, Rotman may suit your profile, HEC Paris can be a good pick as well. f you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call some time this week to discuss your chances in further detail. Feel free to book my calendar as per your convenience. I am also happy to suggest more schools that best match your profile on our call.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,

On behalf of,
Schedule a free session

atulk100 wrote:

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
atulk100 wrote:

Interesting experience, Atul, and I am sure b-schools will be interested in you for the insights you are able to bring to the class - using space technology, working on mission-critical projects with zero scope for error and in high-pressure environments. Would like to know more from you on what else is different on the ground (with the confidentiality clause :) ) , but as I understand your experience is going to be different from a project manager in a private operations company. However, while writing the application, you challenge would be to show quantitative impact and translating all of this into business language. As consultants, we can help you do that.
Can make suggestions for schools, but it would be relevant to know where you wish to do an MBA.
Feel free to share your resume with me at contact@mbadecoder.com and I'd be happy to have a discussion.
Current Student
Send PM
Sure I will share my resume
MBADecoder wrote:
atulk100 wrote:

Interesting experience, Atul, and I am sure b-schools will be interested in you for the insights you are able to bring to the class - using space technology, working on mission-critical projects with zero scope for error and in high-pressure environments. Would like to know more from you on what else is different on the ground (with the confidentiality clause :) ) , but as I understand your experience is going to be different from a project manager in a private operations company. However, while writing the application, you challenge would be to show quantitative impact and translating all of this into business language. As consultants, we can help you do that.
Can make suggestions for schools, but it would be relevant to know where you wish to do an MBA.
Feel free to share your resume with me at contact@mbadecoder.com and I'd be happy to have a discussion.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V26
Send PM
Background: Yash Gupte Age 32
Nationality: India
Education background:

Ph.D. Life Sciences from Ramnarain Ruia College, University of Mumbai.
Developed R&D lab in the college from scratch. Obtained funding from India's largest conglomerate.
Mentored over 20 students at Master's and Bachelor's degree for various projects.
Worked with farmers to help resolve their issues in agriculture at local level.
15+ research publications, delivered talks at conferences.

GMAT: 590 (Q46, V26)
Work experience and leadership:
Almost 5 years work ex as Manager and Scientist with Reliance Industries Limited
Played a catalytic role in multiple projects in Synthetic Biology, biofuels, anti-cancer compounds, biomaterials, etc.
Cross-functional R&D with biology, analytical chemistry, polymers, advanced materials.
Presentations R&D innovations in person to Chairman, Reliance Industries Limited.

Community and others: Worked with farmers to help resolve their issues in agriculture at local level.
Tested over 2 lac samples at Reliance Life Sciences during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic.
Developed 2 RT-PCR test kits for testing of Covid-19 in India (news covered by Indian media).

Post MBA goals
Manage Innovations and R&D leading to product development for Life Sciences and Healthcare sector
Anything else?

Would my GMAT score be a hindrance to get an admit or interview call?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi yashvgupte,

Your overall profile looks quite competitive. You have demonstrated your leadership potential in various areas and designations. You exhibit excellence, initiative and collaborative leadership in your overall profile. NUS can be a great pick for you considering healthcare a major choice by students there. Though your GMAT is a little trickier part. Having less than 600 may impact your chances. If this is your final score, then you need to work very smartly on the other aspects of your apps to make your candidacy stronger. For one thing, think about how you can contribute uniquely to the NUS community (you may talk about the initiatives taken there for the healthcare sector and your future contributions to it). Also, I would advise you to make a list of the gaps that you have identified in your profile, that you believe NUS's MBA program will help you fill.

For what it's worth, we have converted people with 670 GMAT to programs like INSEAD by the power of their stories. So, believe in your story and come with confidence in your essays, that will help a lot to your candidacy. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you to discuss your chances and address your concerns better. Feel free to book our calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,

On behalf of,
Testimonials
What s app: +65-97158525

yashvgupte wrote:
Background: Yash Gupte Age 32
Nationality: India
Education background:

Ph.D. Life Sciences from Ramnarain Ruia College, University of Mumbai.
Developed R&D lab in the college from scratch. Obtained funding from India's largest conglomerate.
Mentored over 20 students at Master's and Bachelor's degree for various projects.
Worked with farmers to help resolve their issues in agriculture at local level.
15+ research publications, delivered talks at conferences.

GMAT: 590 (Q46, V26)
Work experience and leadership:
Almost 5 years work ex as Manager and Scientist with Reliance Industries Limited
Played a catalytic role in multiple projects in Synthetic Biology, biofuels, anti-cancer compounds, biomaterials, etc.
Cross-functional R&D with biology, analytical chemistry, polymers, advanced materials.
Presentations R&D innovations in person to Chairman, Reliance Industries Limited.

Community and others: Worked with farmers to help resolve their issues in agriculture at local level.
Tested over 2 lac samples at Reliance Life Sciences during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic.
Developed 2 RT-PCR test kits for testing of Covid-19 in India (news covered by Indian media).

Post MBA goals
Manage Innovations and R&D leading to product development for Life Sciences and Healthcare sector
Anything else?

Would my GMAT score be a hindrance to get an admit or interview call?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
atulk100 wrote:
Hi all!!

Indian Male(26)
Acads:

Work Experience: Currently working at ISRO as Program manager for Communication and Navigation Satellites( 4Years)

Hi atulk100,

First and foremost, you have a very impressive profile. Your GPA score of 8.05 definitely showcases your academic prowess. Also the fact that you have studied from IIT Guwahati is a great brand addition to your profile since most of the B-schools do pay extra heed to students from the top 10 colleges of a country. Most importantly, you have a 720 GMAT score which further vouches for your academic capabilities, allowing you to target most of the top-notch B-schools.

Talking about your extracurriculars, you have participated in a wide variety of activities with a diverse set of skills and purposes which is equally important since schools are looking for a holistically developed profile. Furthermore, through these extracurriculars you have showcased your empathetic, managerial and leadership skills. Thus, you need to dig deeper into this and focus on highlighting how you went above and beyond in your endeavors and how you will be a great value addition to the school by highlighting how you honed your soft skills, added value to these endeavours, impacts you created, major takeaways and the exposure you gained from these experiences.

Apart from these, you can also take up certain certifications in the relevant field you want to build your career in, as it will showcase your proactiveness and constant thirst to upskill yourself by staying in touch with the current trends.

Coming to your work experience, you have a great brand name (ISRO) under your belt as well as a sufficient duration of work experience. Furthermore, you have also mentioned that you have had international work experience in the form of internships in Japan and South Korea. This again adds a feather to your hat, since schools do give extra attention to international exposure, as it showcases your broadened perspective and adaptability skills. However, to set yourself at par with your competitors, you can focus on highlighting the kind of projects you handled, the value you added to these projects, the skills you gained and the major takeaways you were able to attain from the same.

Speaking of NUS, your chances of acceptance will be around 50-60% as the school falls under the upper competitive category. Having said that, you would still need to hedge your bets wisely by applying to a good mix of 6 to 8 schools as you will be competing with applicants from all around the world.

Under the dream category( 40-50% chance of acceptance) you can target schools such as LBC, LSE, HEC, CORNELL, DUKE and INSEAD.
Under the competitive category( 60-70% chance of acceptance) you can target schools such as ESSEC, ESCP, FSFM, SMU, NTU and USC MARSHALL

All in all, you need to pay extra attention to your application which consists of your Essay, Lor and Resume as they carry 30% of an impact on your chances of bagging an admit as your application alone poses as a major profile differentiator.

Having said that, I would suggest you to Book a Free consulting session with one of our consultants who will help you chalk out a winning strategy on how to highlight your strengths and overshadow the particular weaknesses in your profile through tried and tested methods that have helped over hundreds of similar applicants win an admit from the top ranked B-schools worldwide!

Below you will find the link to book a 20-minute FREE consulting call with our expert consultants.

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/
Hope this helped!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11