Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 19:47 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 19:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Human Resources
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
Amith11 wrote:
Praveengeol wrote:
Amith11 wrote:
Good Morning

I am Amith. I submitted my application within the Round 01 deadline
Here is my profile.
11 years of experience - Technology
9 years at Intel
Running a division in a small company
GMAT Score 720 ( Q49 V39 )

I was invited for an interview on 29th February and I was interviewed minutes ago by Imran.
I submitted my application with a GMAT score of 690 but I took the test again on 26th February.

The interview was as described by some of the members in this thread. Final words from Imran was that I have a very strong application and I should be hearing from them soon.

Keeping my fingers ( & toes ) crossed !!!

Amith,

As it sounds , i believe you will be hearing from him in two days but keep track of junk folder.

All d best, hope to see you in COHORT.

Praveen

Thanks Praveen ! I'd love to be a part of the COHORT :)
By the way, when do we get to hear about our scholarships ?
Do they send it through email or do they courier it ?

I didnt see anyone in this thread mention about scholarships - so I'm wondering if anyone got one

SCH for Scholarship and SCH for Schulich but unfortunately it does not go together .....to be frank, they are real miser in giving scholarship. If you have more than 750 GMAT score, expect something or else plan your finances self.

They sent the decision to me in 4 weeks after offer in mail. I believe this is their normal response way.
I have not known of any FALL 2016 entrant getting scholarship.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
parthm92 wrote:
Hi guys,

There's a dead silence from the admissions team. Applied on the 12th of Jan. Been 2 months and I am yet to hear from them. I wonder if the seats are over and I should lose all hopes for Schulich this year. :( Any inputs anyone?

It will be so weird and unfathomable if the seats are over in Round 1.
I don't know what to say.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hey guys same here. applied on 23 Jan. No response. Probably they want us to start opting for the India programme of Schulich at Hyderabad.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
So I got the admit, but in the India campus.

1. The internship opportunities in Canada will be really bleak for the students in India

2. The course structure and the degree is the same but as people above pointed out, the networking opportunities in Canada are missed out for a whole year.

3. Can anyone confirm the cost structure of MBA in India? I couldn't find the cost structure of the specific program.

4. Do people get scholarships in a separate mail ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
Send PM
Paritosh13 wrote:
So I got the admit, but in the India campus.

1. The internship opportunities in Canada will be really bleak for the students in India

2. The course structure and the degree is the same but as people above pointed out, the networking opportunities in Canada are missed out for a whole year.

3. Can anyone confirm the cost structure of MBA in India? I couldn't find the cost structure of the specific program.

4. Do people get scholarships in a separate mail ?

I have few queries :-

1) When do the students fly from Schulich India to Toronto - during the beginning of internship or at the beginning of second year?
2) Is there difference in the work permit duration issued to internationals that graduate from Hyderabad campus as compared to Toronto campus?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Praveengeol wrote:
Amith11 wrote:
Praveengeol wrote:

Amith,

As it sounds , i believe you will be hearing from him in two days but keep track of junk folder.

All d best, hope to see you in COHORT.

Praveen

Thanks Praveen ! I'd love to be a part of the COHORT :)
By the way, when do we get to hear about our scholarships ?
Do they send it through email or do they courier it ?

I didnt see anyone in this thread mention about scholarships - so I'm wondering if anyone got one

SCH for Scholarship and SCH for Schulich but unfortunately it does not go together .....to be frank, they are real miser in giving scholarship. If you have more than 750 GMAT score, expect something or else plan your finances self.

They sent the decision to me in 4 weeks after offer in mail. I believe this is their normal response way.
I have not known of any FALL 2016 entrant getting scholarship.

OMG , lack of scholarship huh ?!?

I haven't heard from them yet and I'm moved from checking my emails in the morning to fretting ! This wait really tests one's patience !

Thanks for the info Praveen , Cheers !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.43
WE:Account Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
I think they give somewhere around 5k CAD if you have above 650 or so. I know of a friend who got 640 and still got a 5k scholarship but then he decided to go forward with rotman.

Sent from my SM-G7102
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I gave my interview on 5th March and awaiting a decision now.

Sent from my SM-G7102
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ralphm149 wrote:

Sent from my SM-G7102

did you send them an e-mail ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Amith11 wrote:
ralphm149 wrote:

Sent from my SM-G7102

I sent a thank-you email to the interviewer. He replied saying he would be in touch with me in the next few days. But I haven't got a response yet.
I'm not sure whether to write a mail yet or not.

Sent from my SM-G7102
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.99
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
ralphm149 wrote:
Amith11 wrote:
ralphm149 wrote:

Sent from my SM-G7102

I sent a thank-you email to the interviewer. He replied saying he would be in touch with me in the next few days. But I haven't got a response yet.
I'm not sure whether to write a mail yet or not.

Sent from my SM-G7102

If you have acceptance from another school for which deadline is near, mail them informing the same and request them to provide result at the earliest. Otherwise just wait for few days, as we also need to understand that this is the peak season for admittance...so some delay has to be expected.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello all

I would like to know if there are Indian applicants who received an email from Imran Kanga just a while ago regarding MBA in India option due to Toronto program reaching its capacity.

Does this mean we don't expect any interview or admission call for the FT program in Toronto going forward? At this point, I would like to understand what would be their approximate turnaround time for the applications.

Just to be prepared.

Thanks!

~R
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q37 V40
Send PM
ranj1011 wrote:
Hello all

I would like to know if there are Indian applicants who received an email from Imran Kanga just a while ago regarding MBA in India option due to Toronto program reaching its capacity.

Does this mean we don't expect any interview or admission call for the FT program in Toronto going forward? At this point, I would like to understand what would be their approximate turnaround time for the applications.

Just to be prepared.

Thanks!

~R

hey,

yup i did indeed receive the same mail not too long ago. was wondering if others did too. can't help you with your clarifications i'm afraid.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Round2fight wrote:
ranj1011 wrote:
Hello all

Just to be prepared.

Thanks!

~R

hey,

yup i did indeed receive the same mail not too long ago. was wondering if others did too. can't help you with your clarifications i'm afraid.

Guys, add me to the list. I got the same email too. I think perhaps this means we wont get into the toronto programme. That's what is looks like.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
I got the same mail. I have my interview tomorrow. Got the interview invite few days ago and got the mail mentioning hyderbad today morning
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
pagansensei wrote:
I got the same mail. I have my interview tomorrow. Got the interview invite few days ago and got the mail mentioning hyderbad today morning

SO U MEAN U HAVE BEEN OFFERED INDIA CAMPUS WITHOUT ANY INTERVIEW AND FOR TORONTO CAMPUS U HAVE INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW... I had interview on 4th and wrote yesterday to Imran about my application status he wrote back I have been admitted and i will receive official mail soon. I haven't received any mail till now and reading these posts above I am in don not know which campus has been given to me
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
minion wrote:
pagansensei wrote:

SO U MEAN U HAVE BEEN OFFERED INDIA CAMPUS WITHOUT ANY INTERVIEW AND FOR TORONTO CAMPUS U HAVE INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW... I had interview on 4th and wrote yesterday to Imran about my application status he wrote back I have been admitted and i will receive official mail soon. I haven't received any mail till now and reading these posts above I am in don not know which campus has been given to me

I got the interview invite on March 14th. Didn't mention anything about Hyderabad campus then.

But today I got a mail saying they are considering me for the Hyderabad campus and mentioned about a webinar which will go through advantages of studying in this campus.

If nothing has been mentioned to you, then it is pretty certain you are admitted to the Toronto campus. Congratulations
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts