Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:24 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Haas '18 (WL)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
Giving this until 12 pst before full acknowledgment of ding city, population: me.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas (Berkeley) Applicants: 2017 Intake (Class of 2019)!! [#permalink]
Pre-ding
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
jamalph wrote:
Pre-ding

Sorry, what do you mean? Do you have your online status updated? I have still "under review"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mskufati wrote:
jamalph wrote:
Pre-ding

Sorry, what do you mean? Do you have your online status updated? I have still "under review"

Trying to reverse psychology my way to a call. But no status change, just assuming it's pretty much dunzo.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
This is absolute torture!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys! Does anybody know if HAAS is just calling now just for people who were recent interviewed?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
My status was updated. Got rejected. Good luck to everyone invitations, rejections or waitlists.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.9
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Dirky wrote:
My status was updated. Got rejected. Good luck to everyone invitations, rejections or waitlists.

samesies.

everyone be kind to themselves!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V36
GMAT 3: 710 Q46 V41
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Rejected! Congratulations to all of you who were accepted!!!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 105
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Waitlisted.... I still have hope!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
Haas: I used to love you, but you didn't love me back. I'm moving on.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Do I need an MBA to Be a Product Manager: Kavya Mallesh at SlingMedia

Meet Kavya Mallesh, senior staff product manager at SlingMedia. Kavya, and 2017 graduate of the Berkeley Evening & Weekend MBA Program, who talked with us
about her career for Part V of this series.

What did you do prior to pursuing your MBA?
I was a graphics software engineer at Intel leading development of Intel video processing graphics drivers on Apple products.

Why did you want to work in product management?
Technology has been my passion since I was a young girl. Having worked in a purely technical capacity as a software engineer for a long time, I realized I was not making as big an impact as I would like to.

By talking to product managers in my network, I began to view a product manager as the CEO of a specific product, managing it from concept to launch, taking into consideration all aspects of its development and marketing activities. Being in product management I could look at the bigger picture and make a meaningful impact. I loved the idea of combining my technical background with my newly acquired business acumen to bring life into products that could change peoples’ lives.

What are your current responsibilities as a product manager?
I am a senior staff product manager, working on Sling TV products. I develop the
strategic product road map and define product features by closely working with
user experience and consumer research teams and other product managers. I
collaborate and negotiate with development teams to drive milestones. I also work
with marketing, legal and customer experience teams the launch.

Having been in the same shoes as my technical team members, I can relate very well
with them. This helps me lead my teams to deliver the best products.

How has earning an MBA been helpful in landing a position and working in product management?
There are both qualitative and quantitative aspects to product management and the
Berkeley MBA curriculum addresses both. Courses like Marketing Research, Strategic Brand Management, Pricing, and Design Thinking greatly improved my product management skills. Power & Politics and Leadership are examples of classes that honed my people skills.

Class projects at Haas offered me opportunities to work with team members of different skills and perspectives. More often than not, they were culturally diverse too. These experiences prepped me to work better with geo-diverse and cross-functional teams.

My networks at Haas were invaluable in helping shape my decision to be a product manager and they opened up doors to new avenues.

Do you recommend an MBA to people interested in product management?
Absolutely. The curriculum gives you a well-rounded understanding of business and
people skills. And there are so many other valuable resources at Berkeley Haas: on-campus recruiting, the Career Management Group, student clubs and the Haas Alumni Network are to name just a few.

Want to learn more about the MBA program that's helped Kavya with her career in product management? Learn more about the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program.

See the Berkeley MBA Product Manager Series

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
What should I do at this point? Raise my gmat and toefl?

Originally posted by justitia on 16 Dec 2016, 22:52.
Last edited by justitia on 18 Dec 2016, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 179 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.65
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when will we receive the official acceptance letter and what is the deadline for providing the initial confirmation of acceptance. Status on my application portal says, 'Recommended for admissions'. Is it the same for all who are admitted?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10019 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think it's time to let R2 applicants take over this thread. I've created separate discussion threads for admitted and waitlisted applicants. Feel free to join these discussions.
berkeley-haas-class-of-2019-calling-all-admitted-applicants-230786.html
berkeley-haas-class-of-2019-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-230787.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 2.91
Send PM
Hi Guys!

R2 applicant. And i just realised that the TOEFL is absolutely mandatory for international applicants! Most colleges offer you a waiver if your native language is English but not Berkeley. And i cant get a date before 14th Jan 2017 because of Xmas Break! I really dont want to miss out on Haas because of a bloody TOEFL, any work around guys? Will they consider my application if I submit my TOEFL later?

Really Fretting,

DB.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
this is a tough one because they specifically state that test scores and application should be in by the deadline. I realize that it's extremely annoying that they have special standards here. Are they closed yet? If the office is open still I would most definitely call and see if there's any work around at all. Take the test somewhere in the world where they don't celebrate Christmas? That's the best I can come up with.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts