Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 22:30 It is currently 07 May 2024, 22:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Jayanthsp wrote:
I completed my interview with an alum on the 3rd. Was wondering if we get any notification that the interviewer has submitted his feedback. Can anybody throw some light on this?

Hope your interview went well!

Can you share the questions?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10040 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
yodboy wrote:
Jayanthsp wrote:
I completed my interview with an alum on the 3rd. Was wondering if we get any notification that the interviewer has submitted his feedback. Can anybody throw some light on this?

Re-posting here interview experiences of previous applicants. Hope that helps! Good luck to all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: International Business, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats and good luck to those with invites!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Did anyone have their off-campus interview yet? Would be great to hear back about questions asked. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
yodboy wrote:
Jayanthsp wrote:

Sure. Had interview with an alum at his office. Very conversational. Questions were:

1. TMAY
2. Why MBA?
3. Career plans
4. Why Booth and any other schools?
5. Questions about my work - experiences

Lasted 25 mins and it was then my turn to ask him questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I interviewed today with an alumni in his office and it went very well.

Apart from the standard questions, he asked a lot about teamwork and leadership behavioral questions. Also, why Booth.

The interview was conversational but I think preparation is key to answering these tough questions very well.

Good luck guys.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Advice for the Early Career Candidate

Carving out the pathway to your future career requires significant self-reflection. Sometimes you need to look back in order to go forward. Think about the building blocks of your career thus far. What are your strengths and how do they align with your interests? How can you remain open to new possibilities and opportunities that you may have never even thought about? And what might those logical next steps look like?

Some of you may be thinking about an MBA– maybe next year, or five years from now. Some of you are what we refer to as an early-career candidate; individuals who have three or fewer years of full-time work experience, including students currently pursuing an undergraduate degree. Whether you’re preparing to graduate from college, new to the workforce, or thinking about an MBA in the future, we wanted to offer some insights on how you can explore immediate growth opportunities that will set you up for future success.

Internships are one of the best ways to “test the professional waters” while gaining invaluable practical experience and building a strong network early on. It’s a great way to exposure yourself to an industry or function, as well as to determine your genuine interest and preparedness for various roles. These experiences not only strengthen your resume’ or eventual graduate school application, they will pay dividends throughout the entirety of your career. You will strengthen existing competencies, build new skills, and understand more about career trajectory and logical next steps to pursue. Future employers and graduate programs alike all appreciate the value of internship experiences.

For many, professional or academic summer programs are also a great next step. Whether you’ve been in the workforce for a year or are still in undergrad, whether you’re pursuing finance or education, whether you immersed yourself in business courses or explored the liberal arts, summer programs are a great way to test out a business school experience. Such programs can effectively augment your undergraduate studies, compliment an internship experience, or even help prepare you for a new job. The Chicago Booth Summer Business Scholars Program (SBSP) may be a fit for you, especially if you are curious whether an MBA makes sense for your future. No matter your background, spending three weeks this summer at Booth will give you tangible business skills that you can use right away, and give you a great taste of the business school experience. From learning how to judge the viability of a company’s marketing strategy to reading and assessing a balance sheet, SBSP will elevate your level of business acumen and set you apart from your peers. Past participants met with industry experts who shared an insider’s look at what it would be like to run a nonprofit organization, work as an Investment Banker, or live the life of a Consultant. Recruiters and graduate programs are attracted to candidates who have explored diverse areas of study, and who can join their organization with strong leadership, business, and communication skills in place. The SBSP environment develops students into well-rounded future leaders. One way for you to see if SBSP is right for you is to meet our SBSP alumni and boost your career and open doors to countless industries and employers. The best way to investigate the MBA as an option is to talk to students, and those in your network.

There are many roads you can take as part of your career journey. Whether it’s an internship, summer program, an MBA, or a new job, early career candidates need to think deeply about why now is the optimal to make such a transition. Take the time to explore each option in order to truly evaluate which is right for you – and when! That includes connecting with students, mentors, alumni, or admissions, to learn more.

Best of Luck,

Meg
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.82
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 3: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Connect With Students From Around the World

When I was researching Chicago Booth as an international
applicant in 2014, I came across a list of current students from nearly 50
countries around the world. Coming from Morocco, there is no doubt in my mind
that reaching out to the student volunteer from my country was one of the best
decisions I made during the application process. It strengthened my understanding
of the program, provided me with a resource to answer specific questions, dramatically
changed how I thought about my application, and confirmed that Booth is where I
wanted to be.

If you are looking
for a Booth student who can answer some specific questions
, our globalcommunity volunteers are a
unique resource. These Booth ambassadors are team of current Booth students, or
country captains, who volunteer as ambassadors for the school and serve as a
resource for perspective students all over the world. They share your
geographic background and can speak to what you may expect living in Chicago
and being at Booth. They can also assist with any of your questions relating to
recruiting, academics and otherwise. You can either reach out to your country
captain when you are visiting the Chicago campus or from afar, depending on
your circumstances. If you find yourself wanting to know more, I hope you will reach
out to our 99 country captain volunteers.

After seeing the impact of the country captain program as a
prospective student, I too wanted to be an ambassador when I started at Booth.
Being a country captain for France and Morocco is my humble attempt at showing
my gratitude to the other country captains that came before me, and pay it
forward to those of you researching MBA programs.

Before Booth I worked as a quantitative analyst on a sales
and trading floor at an investment bank in Paris, France. After graduation, I
will be switching to a hedge fund analyst role on the East Coast of the United
States. If you think I can help answer any questions you may have, please contactme.

Sincerely,

Abouchadi Ziad

Current Student & Guest Blogger
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  34   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts