Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:03 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5430 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
abhimahna wrote:
Okay, so I am starting my Tepper Application from tomorrow. Hopefully, will complete over the weekend.

Where are my other friends? How is it going with you all?

Hey, deadline is just 2 weeks away. You will be able to complete the final draft so fast ? I am applying for the first time and I ditched R1 because I was warned that I shouldn't rush. Hopefully, you can give some tips/insights on how to proceed. I would love to hear. And all the best for your apps. :)
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
anupama000 wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
Okay, so I am starting my Tepper Application from tomorrow. Hopefully, will complete over the weekend.

Where are my other friends? How is it going with you all?

Hey, deadline is just 2 weeks away. You will be able to complete the final draft so fast ? I am applying for the first time and I ditched R1 because I was warned that I shouldn't rush. Hopefully, you can give some tips/insights on how to proceed. I would love to hear. And all the best for your apps. :)

I think this depends on how many applications you've already done and how good of a writer you are. I spent about a month on my first application, 3 weeks on my second (because they had very different essay questions) and since then I've been able to knock out an application a week. (I'm doing 9 total) CMU also only has one essay. So, I believe that if you have your stories nailed down already and your "personal brand" ready it shouldn't take too long to knock out your 3rd or later application.

I did however notice that I started to get a little bit of application fatigue after the 5th one so I took a week off from working on them but otherwise I've been doing ok. Only have 2 left. I started with my first one in June.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
FuturePM91 wrote:
anupama000 wrote:

I think this depends on how many applications you've already done and how good of a writer you are. I spent about a month on my first application, 3 weeks on my second (because they had very different essay questions) and since then I've been able to knock out an application a week. (I'm doing 9 total) CMU also only has one essay. So, I believe that if you have your stories nailed down already and your "personal brand" ready it shouldn't take too long to knock out your 3rd or later application.

I did however notice that I started to get a little bit of application fatigue after the 5th one so I took a week off from working on them but otherwise I've been doing ok. Only have 2 left. I started with my first one in June.

Thanks FuturePM91 :)

Hi anupama000 ,

Whatever FuturePM91 mentioned above is true. I completed my Duke application in just 2 days (precisely 26 hours) even when I didn't research on it before.

If you are determined to do something, you spend your days and nights to complete it. :)

Now that I have completed a couple of applications, I feel a bit confident to fill the others.

Although I have also started feeling fatique, I think I will be good as I am travelling from Thursday to Sunday.

Indian Engineer --> Low Score --> Not Einstein --> Round 2 or 3 --> Very Tough Profile --> OUT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.67
Send PM
Hi everyone...
I have a 8years experience at NTPC ltd and I am planning to go for Tepper Mba. GMAT score is 680 and I am planning to give it again on 12th oct...
so should I apply now itself or wait for the gmat scores and apply in next round.
Thanks..
Director
Director
Send PM
ashutoshranjan wrote:
Hi everyone...
I have a 8years experience at NTPC ltd and I am planning to go for Tepper Mba. GMAT score is 680 and I am planning to give it again on 12th oct...
so should I apply now itself or wait for the gmat scores and apply in next round.
Thanks..

Since you can only apply in one round it would be a bit of a waste to take the gmat after you apply especially since you could get a higher score. Have you been scoring higher than a 680 on prep tests? If so I would wait and apply in round 2.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
ashutoshranjan wrote:
Hi everyone...
Thanks..

Depends if you are ready with all other components of your application or not. You should reach out to the schools. Many schools are fine with receiving the scores a week or two after the deadlines since the increased GMAT score helps the schools to boost their rankings. In that case you should apply in R1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Hi all,

What have you guys entered in the application section that asks for other schools you are applying to?
Director
Director
Send PM
I put the 4 schools that I am applying to that are closest in rank to CMU.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
M@Arya wrote:
Hi all,

What have you guys entered in the application section that asks for other schools you are applying to?

Put in a balanced set of schools that you are applying to. Never put all the schools that are ranked lower. This might reduce your chances of getting a scholarship.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys!

I sent my official GMAT score report to Tepper in first week of Sept, but in my application it still says 'Self-Reported', and not 'Verified'. Does anyone else is facing any such issue?

Thanks!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
golumolu wrote:
Hey guys!

I sent my official GMAT score report to Tepper in first week of Sept, but in my application it still says 'Self-Reported', and not 'Verified'. Does anyone else is facing any such issue?

Thanks!

Hi golumolu ,

That will not change. Don't worry about that. They will reach out in case they donot find the report.

All the best. :)
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Submitted Tepper for R1.

Where are you all Guys? What's the status? Tepper deadline is approaching.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
In for R1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Submitted for Round 1 to Tepper.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
golumolu wrote:
Hey guys!

Thanks!

Hi golumolu ,

That will not change. Don't worry about that. They will reach out in case they donot find the report.

All the best. :)

Yeah!! I mailed Kelly regarding this and she said the same thing. :D

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Hey everyone,

I submitted my tepper application today. In the status page it says my GMAT and TOEFL report is awaited, although I sent them long back. Is everyone seeing it like that ?
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
M@Arya wrote:
Hey everyone,

I submitted my tepper application today. In the status page it says my GMAT and TOEFL report is awaited, although I sent them long back. Is everyone seeing it like that ?

Hey M@Arya ,

Yes, it's the same for everyone. This will change once they start reviewing your application.

All the best :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts