Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 317
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
M@Arya wrote:
Did anyone from India get an interview invite?

Yes, for a Skype interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants - (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
abhimahna wrote:
Hi KLC and jschwar1 ,

Congrats to both of you. :)

Could you please share your profile?

Thanks!

I went to a top 50 state university. Worked one year in a F500 LDP. Spent the next 4 years in two different boutique/small public-sector consulting firms and promoted in each company. Working in a small company and in small teams, there were many opportunities to demonstrate impact and value for the client.

I submitted my application on 9/21 and all the indicators have been green since 9/29.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Human Resources, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
is anyone done with their interview?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys, did anyone else received an invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi guys,

Two items FYI:

1. I received an email from Tepper today notifying of two different scholarships available to Round 1 applicants. Each requires an essay to be submitted by Oct. 19th.

2. Just got an email from Tepper saying my application was complete and will be reviewed by the admissions team. I had received an interview invite a day after submission.

Is this consistent with what all of you guys are seeing as well?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
KLC wrote:
Hi guys,

Two items FYI:

1. I received an email from Tepper today notifying of two different scholarships available to Round 1 applicants. Each requires an essay to be submitted by Oct. 19th.

2. Just got an email from Tepper saying my application was complete and will be reviewed by the admissions team. I had received an interview invite a day after submission.

I got the scholarship email today and the application complete email on Sept 29th which was about two weeks after I submitted. So I believe these are sent to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
KLC wrote:
Hi guys,

Two items FYI:

I got the scholorship email today. I also got a call from Tepper team to attend the diversity weekend at their campus. But I was notified that my application is incomplete on Oct 6th as they needed backside of transcripts to be uploaded into the system. I have uploaded the required items right away but still the application is in awaiting status and I have not received the application complete email yet.
Do I need to take any additional steps?? Please suggest .

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V35
Send PM
Manu379 wrote:
KLC wrote:
Hi guys,

Two items FYI:

I got the scholorship email today. I also got a call from Tepper team to attend the diversity weekend at their campus. But I was notified that my application is incomplete on Oct 6th as they needed backside of transcripts to be uploaded into the system. I have uploaded the required items right away but still the application is in awaiting status and I have not received the application complete email yet.

Thanks

I would just call admissions!! I'm sure they handle this sort of thing all the time and the odds of u talking to someone who'll be involved in ur decision seem pretty slim (not that it would be a bad impression anyway, it's not big deal)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
halibr331 wrote:
Manu379 wrote:
KLC wrote:
Hi guys,

Two items FYI:

Thanks

I would just call admissions!! I'm sure they handle this sort of thing all the time and the odds of u talking to someone who'll be involved in ur decision seem pretty slim (not that it would be a bad impression anyway, it's not big deal)

Thanks for the reply!! I'm thinking about emailing them about the situation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Manu379 wrote:
KLC wrote:
Hi guys,

Two items FYI:

Thanks

We are in the same boat. The same happened to me. I uploaded the required document right away but I am yet to see an update on their system. I guess this is normal considering the amount of applications thats coming in. Anyways keep us posted if you have already mailed the admissions team
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashwin2509 wrote:
Manu379 wrote:
KLC wrote:
Hi guys,

Two items FYI:

Thanks

We are in the same boat. The same happened to me. I uploaded the required document right away but I am yet to see an update on their system. I guess this is normal considering the amount of applications thats coming in. Anyways keep us posted if you have already mailed the admissions team

My documents are also not yet green, however I've already done with my interview, so I think that it's not a big deal. On the status page you might see that it takes 3-4 weeks before the red crosses become green.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Even I got a mail today from Dana Lovas telling me to upload or send across a grading methodology that my post grad institute used. The problem is my Post Grad institute just gives a % and no grades or even a grading scale for that matter. I have taken a letter from the head of the institute stating this. But still facing the same issue from CMU. Guys any idea how i go about this ?

Originally posted by madmax2017 on 12 Oct 2017, 22:35.
Last edited by madmax2017 on 13 Oct 2017, 04:01, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
can anyone please tell me email id with name of whom to contact to send an application fee waiver request ??

thanks in advance!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Can everyone apply for the Reaching out fellowship?
or is it just for LGBT candidates?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
M@Arya wrote:

I think for LGBT applicants or at least for those people who actively contributes to LGBT community and to its positive awareness.

Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
asker4ik13 wrote:
M@Arya wrote:

I think for LGBT applicants or at least for those people who actively contributes to LGBT community and to its positive awareness.

I agree. It's only for LGBT candidates and you need to justify alot to prove them that you did create awareness.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys and what do you think about entrepreneurship fellowship? I mean I plan to write this essay since my goals are entrepreneurial and my concentration during study at Tepper if admitted will be entrepreneurship.

However I couldn't understand fully what do "entrepreneurial interests" mean? My ideas? Why did I chose this path? Or industries? And the last bullet point about contribution to the evolution of entrepreneurial ecosystem. Where to find information regarding that?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts