Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 08:37 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Interview invite! Such an ineffable feeling!

Heard today, via email.

Note: Happy to help anyone with queries about essays, etc.

Best,
S
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
congratulations SS18 on the interview invite.

Would you mind sharing your profile details ? also I am curious about when did you submit your application ?

Best,
VDC
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.55
WE:Investment Banking (Consulting)
Send PM
ss18 wrote:

Heard today, via email.

Best,
S

Wow. On the day of Easter! Highly surprising.
Many Congrats.
Good luck.
If I may ask, when had you submitted your application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
VijayDinanathChauhan wrote:
congratulations SS18 on the interview invite.

Would you mind sharing your profile details ? also I am curious about when did you submit your application?

Best,
VDC

Hi VDC! (like that name!)

I completed the video and written assessment on 24th March and submitted the rest of the application on 30th/31st March (was pretty late at night so I don't remember if it was 31st already). I heard back on 1st April. Now that is a quick turnaround but the background is that I had spoken with the Adcom and discussed my profile at length.

Full-time work ex: 7 years
Background: Engineering
Industries: Healthcare division of a tech MNC (4.5 years), then own startup along with working with another media startup.
Nationality: Indian

I'm not sure what else you'd like to know about the profile. You can DM me. Happy to answer more.

Hope this helps!

Best,
S
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
arnabmukherjee10 wrote:
ss18 wrote:

Heard today, via email.

Best,
S

Wow. On the day of Easter! Highly surprising.
Many Congrats.
Good luck.
If I may ask, when had you submitted your application?

Thank you, Arnab. It was the best surprise ever.

Things moved quickly because I'd had a pre-application session with the AdCom. You'll find all the details in my post just above this one. I was advised to finish the video and written assessment first and then the rest of the app before Mar31st even though the deadline is Apr 18, since members of the Adcom team travel for recruitment/interviews and it's easier for them to schedule an in-person interview.

Best,
S

Hit me up with any more questions that you may have.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Hi! I had applied in Round 2 and was waitlisted. I haven't heard back from them yet, is there anyone who is in a similar situation or has heard back after being waitlisted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
radhikabahl wrote:
Hi! I had applied in Round 2 and was waitlisted. I haven't heard back from them yet, is there anyone who is in a similar situation or has heard back after being waitlisted?

Hi Radhika,

I hope you hear some great news soon! In case they haven't given you a timeline, why don't you write an email to the team and see if they respond?

Best,
S
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I applied on December 19th, interviewed on Feb 22nd, and got wait-listed on March 2nd. Pretty much in the same boat.

In the last communication I received from Rotman the adcom said, I will be given the final status on or before April 20th.

Best,
VDC
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Rotman '20
Send PM
Hi All,

Everyone here has been tremendously helpful as I went through the process. I just got accepted yesterday and thought I would share my data point in case helpful for the community

International Applicant (Vietnamese citizen; currently working in NYC)
GMAT: used CFA level 3 (760 unofficial submitted but expired in 2016 so not sure if considered)
Submitted: March 05
Invitation to interview: March 12
Interviewed: March 26
Result: April 4 (with $15K scholarship). I was told it took longer because my file had to go through fin aid committee

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I'd say for those who are still waiting, definitely keep up the strong spirit and hopefully you will get the good news soon. To those who have accepted, look forward to meeting all of you in the Fall.

If anyone is around the NY area, feel free to PM me and maybe let's get together.

LN
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
gamer4010 wrote:
plk10 wrote:
Hey guys, current student at Rotman. Feel free to reach out for information or help - PM here.

Hey Hi! I plan on applying in round 4. I have a GMAT of 700 and a WE of 60 months. How good are the chances of getting in (like I only want to get a general idea) ?

Hey gamer4010

I think it makes sense to wait until next year before you apply in early Round1
for the September 2019 intake. This will give you more time to prepare your application.

You might want to get your profile evaluated before you take a final call
Link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/please-evalu ... 27367.html

Hope this helps you!

Hey P,
Thanks for the reply but I have the application and everything prepared and ready. I only need to apply and that's why I wanted to evaluate my chances before applying.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey P,
Thanks for the reply but I have the application and everything prepared and ready. I only need to apply and that's why I wanted to evaluate my chances before applying.[/quote]

Hello gamer4010

I’d strongly suggest setting up a pre- application appointment with the Adcom. This way you get to introduce yourself and “sell” yourself. You can bring up the fact that you hope that applying in R4 doesn’t mar your chances. Personally, I’d also strongly suggest applying right away.

Hope this helps!

Best,
S
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ss18 wrote:
Hey P,
Thanks for the reply but I have the application and everything prepared and ready. I only need to apply and that's why I wanted to evaluate my chances before applying.

Hello gamer4010

I’d strongly suggest setting up a pre- application appointment with the Adcom. This way you get to introduce yourself and “sell” yourself. You can bring up the fact that you hope that applying in R4 doesn’t mar your chances. Personally, I’d also strongly suggest applying right away.

Hope this helps!

Best,
S[/quote]

Thanks a lot ss18 for your inputs. I've requested a pre-application meeting right away. Hopefully it all goes as planned. *fingers crossed*
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gamer4010 wrote:
ss18 wrote:
Hey P,

Hello gamer4010

Hope this helps!

Best,
S

Thanks a lot ss18 for your inputs. I've requested a pre-application meeting right away. Hopefully it all goes as planned. *fingers crossed*[/quote]

It will! I’m sure of it. If you’re ready, there is no better time to apply.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
gamer4010 wrote:
plk10 wrote:
Hey guys, current student at Rotman. Feel free to reach out for information or help - PM here.

Hey Hi! I plan on applying in round 4. I have a GMAT of 700 and a WE of 60 months. How good are the chances of getting in (like I only want to get a general idea) ?

Hi gamer4010,

It is strongly recommended that you apply in the first round in the upcoming fall. Round 4 gets very dicey and while the chances are not zero, it looks a bit tough.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ABatExpertsGlobal wrote:
gamer4010 wrote:
plk10 wrote:

Hi gamer4010,

It is strongly recommended that you apply in the first round in the upcoming fall. Round 4 gets very dicey and while the chances are not zero, it looks a bit tough.

All the best!

Thanks ABatExpertsGlobal. That's why I've requested a pre-application session with the adcom. I'll first evaluate my chances before applying.

I don't think there should a problem in applying now and in round 1 in the fall if I don't make it through now, right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Any R3 international applicant who got an interview invite?

I applied in January but no invite nor a rejection. Very likely it will be a rejection this close to the decision date.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
gamer4010 wrote:
ss18 wrote:
Hey P,

Hello gamer4010

Hope this helps!

Best,
S

Hello,

The pre-application session sounds good. No problem really with this approach as well. You could do that. Of course, you will be a reapplicant :)

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts