GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Aug 2018, 00:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 02:57
Request people who're going to be interviewed this week to post the interview experience and questions
Best,
VDC
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.8
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 11:30
I was speaking to a batchmate that is currently in the Rotman program about the issues people have had in waiting for a decision and lack of responses to emails and phone calls. He suggested that we contact the Director of Recruitment and Admissions at Rotman directly. His name is Jamie Young and his email is jamie.young@rotman.utoronto.ca.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Rotman '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 03:49
sheiquiroga wrote:
Hi Class 2020,

I have some quick announcement at https://wondersuite.blogspot.ca

Would appreciate you guys checking it out.

Thanks!

Sheila

Eagerly looking forward to your blog post! :)
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 03:57
HoneyBadgerAK wrote:
sheiquiroga wrote:
Hi Class 2020,

I have some quick announcement at https://wondersuite.blogspot.ca

Would appreciate you guys checking it out.

Thanks!

Sheila

Eagerly looking forward to your blog post! :)

I agree with you HoneyBadgerAK
I think one who has read wondersuite's blog will be
ready for Rotman even before actually setting foot in Canada!

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got

Intern
Intern
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 07:45
Hi everyone,
I have 2 following issues in the application process -
1) School site mentiones that my referees receive via e-mail Request for Recommendation exactly after I fill thier email, however they didn't get any emails for almost 24 hours from any system, even after I've tried to resend requests to them. Does anyone have similar situation?
2) Since last 20-25 mins when I try to login on the site it doesn't work and I see this error page that begins with
( Server Error in '/Datatel.ERecruiting.Web.External' Application. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.)

The problem is that since it's last week before next deadline the coming days might be hard for the system.
So let's hope this process will stabilize somehow, every candidate will be able to apply
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 14:32
redbullracing wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have 2 following issues in the application process -
1) School site mentiones that my referees receive via e-mail Request for Recommendation exactly after I fill thier email, however they didn't get any emails for almost 24 hours from any system, even after I've tried to resend requests to them. Does anyone have similar situation?
2) Since last 20-25 mins when I try to login on the site it doesn't work and I see this error page that begins with
( Server Error in '/Datatel.ERecruiting.Web.External' Application. The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.)

The problem is that since it's last week before next deadline the coming days might be hard for the system.
So let's hope this process will stabilize somehow, every candidate will be able to apply

I had the same problem yesterday... my recommenders did not receive any email..
I reached out to the admissions team today, and since then the issue has been resolved.. and my recommenders confirmed that they have received the email..

GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Admitted
20 Feb, 2018
Coleman99 GMAT: 710, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.21; WE: 48 months; Canada; via Email
Invited to Interview
15 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 720, Q50, V37; GPA: 3.55; WE: 48 months; United States; via Email
Denied
21 Feb, 2018
TusharDuggal GMAT: 720, Q50, V38; GPA: 3.52; WE: 29 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 14:25
Hi everyone,

I was very fortunate enough to receive an admittance last week along with a scholarship. Unfortunately, I have until early March 9th to make a decision to attend, along with a $5k deposit. I'm looking to hear back from three more schools - has anyone negotiated their decision date? Also, has anyone negotiated their scholarship?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 17:25
Invited to Interview : 22/2/2018
Heard back : via email
Current Student
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 19:21
swolecdn wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was very fortunate enough to receive an admittance last week along with a scholarship. Unfortunately, I have until early March 9th to make a decision to attend, along with a $5k deposit. I'm looking to hear back from three more schools - has anyone negotiated their decision date? Also, has anyone negotiated their scholarship?

You can negotiate, no problem.
Just let them know and see when they tell you to give the answer.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 19:30
cubs wrote:
rajmisramba wrote:
I agree that they are probably short-staffed and this accounts for some of the delay. However, in talking to other Canadian business schools they have ALL received an increase in international applications. The other schools I have been dealing with are responsive and very helpful. Rotman should at least send out an email explaining where they are at and providing an updated timeline so people can plan accordingly. This seems obvious to me and something that would not take much time. As I mentioned in a previous post, BusinessWeek includes a student survey they send out to the class that just graduated. They ask them questions on campus culture, effectiveness of career services, and responsiveness of faculty and administrators. Rotman rated 30th out of the 31 schools ranked. I can imagine this to be accurate given the experiences people have shared in the application process.

I totally agree with you. Being a "management" school if they can't manage an increase in applications or if 1 person leaving their admission committee affects them this much.... then I don't know what to say... and I know rankings are **** and all.. but I have now personally talked to around 8 of their current students and alums.. and most of them are not much enthusiastic about the school... they told me the "rotman" brand sells but other than that.. u r pretty much on ur own.... school doesn't help much...

My 2 cents here.
My batch suffered an incredible increase in the number of applications and it seems that this year it is even "worse" (ie even more applicants - which is an outlier in the Rotman history). Although I agree that the delay is bad for you guys, it is understandable if you consider the fact that I showed and the fact that one person left the School this summer. This is a busy part of the year and the admission office will get back to you. They always do.

Regarding "selling" it is the same in every single school: the brand sells? Sure! Is it enough? Of course not! You need to sell yourself also. Do not believe that only being in X school will help you get the dream job and you do not need to make some effort. I have some friends in M7 schools and they killed themselves to get their dream job. So it is not "pretty much on your own" but it doing your part in the process.

Any doubts let me know! I would love to help you guys!
Waitlisted
15 Oct, 2017
dreams101 GMAT: 710, Q48, V41; GPA: 4; WE: 48 months; India; via Email
Invited to Interview
15 Oct, 2017
dreams101 GMAT: 710, Q48, V41; GPA: 4; WE: 48 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 21:55
dreams101 wrote:

Congratulations on receiving your interview invite.
Could you share with us your profile and the date you submitted the application?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 23:10
abhisu30 wrote:
dreams101 wrote:

Could you share with us your profile and the date you submitted the application?

Thanks!

Hey, thank you.

I work in the Business Development division of a Public Sector Company. I am incharge of our company's Mozambique coal operations.
Work Ex- 6 years
Under Grad - Economics Hons.
I applied in Round 1 and was waitlisted.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: NUS '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 01:28
dreams101 wrote:

When did you apply. Also, could you tell me about the questions asked in the Kira video?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 08:32
dreams101 wrote:
abhisu30 wrote:
dreams101 wrote:

Thanks!

Hey, thank you.

I work in the Business Development division of a Public Sector Company. I am incharge of our company's Mozambique coal operations.
Work Ex- 6 years

Thanks for your reply. Did they notify you via email about the waitlist?
I submitted my application on 21st Jan but haven't heard back from them yet.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 10:48
abhisu30 wrote:
dreams101 wrote:
abhisu30 wrote:
[quote="dreams101"]Invited to Interview : 22/2/2018

Thanks!

Hey, thank you.

Work Ex- 6 years

Thanks for your reply. Did they notify you via email about the waitlist?
I submitted my application on 21st Jan but haven't heard back from them yet.[/quote]
21st Jan. That's R3 correct? People who submitted in December (R1 and R2) are still waiting to hear back my friend :)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 22 Feb 2018, 10:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  50    Next  [ 986 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap