Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q159 V158
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
I have emailed Rotman and sent another email to follow-up to ask for their perspective on their recent large drop in the Financial Times and received no reply. There has been nothing posted on their website and all references to any rankings has been removed. Has any applicant or current student heard their perspective? Below is my summary of the Financial Times rankings from a previous post.

Financial Times released their 2018 MBA rankings today. Rotman was ranked #1 in Canada for 11 consecutive years until this year when they dropped significantly in the rankings. For those interested the link is at: https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... nking-2018

There were three Canadian schools ranked: Ivey, McGill and Rotman. The following is a summary with some of the criteria important to me. What does everyone think of rankings and how they contribute to your choice of program? Should I be concerned about the drop in the Rotman rankings and what does it say about their program? I do not consider rankings the “be all and end all” in my decision. However, I have been including rankings in my research to help determine the best program for me.

McGill
Ranked 78 and #1 in Canada
Ranked #1 in Canada for: salary percentage increase; aims achieved (tied with Ivey); and career progress
Ranked 100 globally for career services

Rotman
Ranked 86 (down 21 spots from last year. The third largest decline of any school and the largest decline of any North American school)
Ranked top 10 globally in the world for faculty research
Ranked last (101 globally) for value for money
Ranked 92 globally for career services

Ivey
Ranked 90 (up 4 spots from last year)
Ranked #1 in Canada for weighted salary; career services (ranked top 50 globally at 32); aims achieved (tied with McGill), and value for money (ranked top 50 globally at 48).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 293 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi,

Is anyone still waiting for a reply on their application? Is this a general trend or is it just this year that the school seems overwhelmed with applications?

I applied with the round 2 deadline (8th Jan). still haven't heard back. Any advice on what should I make of this. I do know at least 4 more people in the same boat. So don't know what the scene is.

Anyone tried to get in touch with the school?
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
ashikaverma13 wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone still waiting for a reply on their application? Is this a general trend or is it just this year that the school seems overwhelmed with applications?

I applied with the round 2 deadline (8th Jan). still haven't heard back. Any advice on what should I make of this. I do know at least 4 more people in the same boat. So don't know what the scene is.

Anyone tried to get in touch with the school?

Hi ashikaverma13

My best bet will be to wait till the admission decision deadline(March 2nd, 2018)
Even in the first round, it took a lot of time for most of the candidates to receive
their interview invites/decision!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Just learned I have been admitted via a Skype call. 1 down, 3 to go.
Admitted
31 Jan, 2018
05 Feb 2018, 11:35
Private, GRE: 312, Q159, V153; GPA: 3; Mexico; via Phone [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 165
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q161 V169
Send PM
Kudos
rajmisramba wrote:
I have emailed Rotman and sent another email to follow-up to ask for their perspective on their recent large drop in the Financial Times and received no reply. There has been nothing posted on their website and all references to any rankings has been removed. Has any applicant or current student heard their perspective? Below is my summary of the Financial Times rankings from a previous post.

Financial Times released their 2018 MBA rankings today. Rotman was ranked #1 in Canada for 11 consecutive years until this year when they dropped significantly in the rankings. For those interested the link is at: https://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... nking-2018

There were three Canadian schools ranked: Ivey, McGill and Rotman. The following is a summary with some of the criteria important to me. What does everyone think of rankings and how they contribute to your choice of program? Should I be concerned about the drop in the Rotman rankings and what does it say about their program? I do not consider rankings the “be all and end all” in my decision. However, I have been including rankings in my research to help determine the best program for me.

McGill
Ranked 78 and #1 in Canada
Ranked #1 in Canada for: salary percentage increase; aims achieved (tied with Ivey); and career progress
Ranked 100 globally for career services

Rotman
Ranked 86 (down 21 spots from last year. The third largest decline of any school and the largest decline of any North American school)
Ranked top 10 globally in the world for faculty research
Ranked last (101 globally) for value for money
Ranked 92 globally for career services

Ivey
Ranked 90 (up 4 spots from last year)
Ranked #1 in Canada for weighted salary; career services (ranked top 50 globally at 32); aims achieved (tied with McGill), and value for money (ranked top 50 globally at 48).

Hi , are you an admitted student? If you haven't been admitted, I think it's unwise to be emailing Rotman adcom for an explanation about this. If you have been admitted, that's a different story. Though, it's quite well known that the FT rankings are not reliable. McGill with it's 70-90 students in Quebec is no way better than Rotman with it's 350 students in Toronto.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Hi,

I have applied to Rotman in Round 2 (Jan 8), but haven't heard back from them yet. In how many days does one usually receive an interview call (if the school likes the application)?

Thank you!
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
radhikabahl wrote:
Hi,

I have applied to Rotman in Round 2 (Jan 8), but haven't heard back from them yet. In how many days does one usually receive an interview call (if the school likes the application)?

Thank you!

Hi radhikabahl,

There is never really an exact timeframe. We sugged you wait it out until the decision date :)

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys, I need a little help understanding. I just received a call from Rotman and I am admitted. What I don’t understand however is that
1) I was awarded the forte fellow - what does it mean? More scholarship?
2) I will given the regional award - what does this mean? Scholarship?
3) I was given $50,000 scholarship, is this the regional award?

Help explain if you understand better, thank you

Posted from my mobile device
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Addesola wrote:
Hi guys, I need a little help understanding. I just received a call from Rotman and I am admitted. What I don’t understand however is that
1) I was awarded the forte fellow - what does it mean? More scholarship?
2) I will given the regional award - what does this mean? Scholarship?
3) I was given $50,000 scholarship, is this the regional award?

Help explain if you understand better, thank you

Hi Addesola

First of all, Congrats on the admit and the Forte-Fellowship!
The Forté Fellows Program was created with the intention of increasing the number of women applying to and
enrolling in MBA programs by offering fellowships to women. To date, schools have given nearly $110 million
to more than 5,000 Forté Fellows. At Rotman over the previous 2 years, 30 + Forté Fellows have been awarded
more than $1M in total scholarships.

For more details you might want to visit the below given link
https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... Assistance

As for the Regional scholarship - please find details below!

Regional Awards

The Rotman regional scholarship program is designed to attract a balanced geographic distribution of students with global ambitions.
One exceptional candidate from each of the following geographic regions will receive a $50,000 Regional Entrance Award:
Canada
USA
Latin America/Mexico
Europe
Middle East/Africa
India
China/Asia

For further details, I think you should reach out to the scholarship recipients from the previous years(via Linkedin)
Congrats once again on this and thanks a ton for sharing.

Hope this helps you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Just got my admittance via email!
Admitted
29 Jan, 2018
07 Feb 2018, 19:47
Private, GMAT: 690, Q43, V41; GPA: 3.19; WE: 43 months; Philippines; via Phone [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anyone else concerned by

1) position in the rankings
2) low average salaries on graduation

?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Kohi1990 wrote:

?

I am concerned about the drop in the recent FT rankings. I have emailed the School twice (in a very professional way) to ask their position on the rankings and they have not replied. I feel like they are ignoring them or have something to hide. They have always been quick to respond to other questions I send them. How low their alumni rated their career services in the FT ranking (bottom 10%) is a big concern for me. As well, they are ranked dead last in value for money. In BusinessWeek, they are ranked behind Ivey and Queen's in Canada. BusinessWeek includes a student survey they send out to the class that just graduated. They ask them questions on campus culture, effectiveness of career services, and responsiveness of faculty and administrators. Rotman rated 30th out of the 31 schools ranked.

On a similar note, the length of time it is taking them to respond to candidates on whether they are going to have an interview or not is unfair. Many of us are applying to several schools and need to finalize our options. Other schools in Canada that I am considering have been way ahead of Rotman on their service and responsiveness.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rajmisramba wrote:
Kohi1990 wrote:

?

I am concerned about the drop in the recent FT rankings. I have emailed the School twice (in a very professional way) to ask their position on the rankings and they have not replied. I feel like they are ignoring them or have something to hide. They have always been quick to respond to other questions I send them. How low their alumni rated their career services in the FT ranking (bottom 10%) is a big concern for me. As well, they are ranked dead last in value for money. In BusinessWeek, they are ranked behind Ivey and Queen's in Canada. BusinessWeek includes a student survey they send out to the class that just graduated. They ask them questions on campus culture, effectiveness of career services, and responsiveness of faculty and administrators. Rotman rated 30th out of the 31 schools ranked.

On a similar note, the length of time it is taking them to respond to candidates on whether they are going to have an interview or not is unfair. Many of us are applying to several schools and need to finalize our options. Other schools in Canada that I am considering have been way ahead of Rotman on their service and responsiveness.

Yeah, that's not ideal, especially when considering the cost of the course...

Denied
15 Dec, 2017
09 Feb 2018, 03:07
Private, GMAT: 720, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.3; WE: 60 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
ssmba2020 wrote:
Denied on: 2017/12/15
GMAT: 720, Q48, V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: 60 months
Heard back via: Email

Sorry to hear that. Could you tell us a bit more about your profile?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts