It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 06:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2016
Posts: 23
Location: India
Schools: Rotman '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 00:07
darn wrote:
I submitted my application on round 2 deadline day. Can I expect an interview invite if I haven't received one yet?

Are there any Indians who submitted their app around the same time and have got an interview invite?

A number of us are waiting. Assuming they are able to ascertain candidacy in about 1-2 weeks, interview invites can keep flowing out till mid-February. I have kinda lost hope though :/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 01:31
Hey guys,
I received a call and was admitted.
Submitted: Jan 07
Invitation to interview: Jan 09
Interviewed: Jan 28
Result: Feb 01
I am from Vietnam

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 01:35
Qhuy2310 wrote:
Hey guys,
I received a call and was admitted.
Submitted: Jan 07
Invitation to interview: Jan 09
Interviewed: Jan 28
Result: Feb 01
I am from Vietnam

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats. Any luck on scholarships?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 01:39
Kohi1990 wrote:
Qhuy2310 wrote:
Hey guys,
I received a call and was admitted.
Submitted: Jan 07
Invitation to interview: Jan 09
Interviewed: Jan 28
Result: Feb 01
I am from Vietnam

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats. Any luck on scholarships?

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, they offer me 15K scholarship as well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2018
Posts: 14
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 02:40
Qhuy2310 wrote:
Kohi1990 wrote:
Qhuy2310 wrote:
Hey guys,
I received a call and was admitted.
Submitted: Jan 07
Invitation to interview: Jan 09
Interviewed: Jan 28
Result: Feb 01
I am from Vietnam

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats. Any luck on scholarships?

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, they offer me 15K scholarship as well.


Nice!

Posted from my mobile device
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Location: United Kingdom
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 07:06
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,
For some reason I can't update my profile but just wanted to let you know that I got admitted :)

Submitted: Jan 08
Invitation to interview: Jan 11
Interviewed: Jan 17
Result: Jan 29
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2016
Posts: 23
Location: India
Schools: Rotman '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 09:12
nettie wrote:
Hi guys,
For some reason I can't update my profile but just wanted to let you know that I got admitted :)

Submitted: Jan 08
Invitation to interview: Jan 11
Interviewed: Jan 17
Result: Jan 29

Congratulations !! Hope you are matriculating here?

Could you tell us a bit about your background? GMAT Score, nationality, work ex domain and #months.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2017
Posts: 1
Location: India
Schools: Rotman '20 (I)
GRE 1: 317 Q159 V158
GPA: 3.41
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 10:18
I submitted in Round 1. Applied Oct 16. Interview invite Jan 23rd. Interview Jan 31st. Waiting on response.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Location: United Kingdom
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 05:34
manavnarang wrote:
nettie wrote:
Hi guys,
For some reason I can't update my profile but just wanted to let you know that I got admitted :)

Submitted: Jan 08
Invitation to interview: Jan 11
Interviewed: Jan 17
Result: Jan 29

Congratulations !! Hope you are matriculating here?

Could you tell us a bit about your background? GMAT Score, nationality, work ex domain and #months.


Thank you!
Sure! GMAT 680 (42V, 40Q), Polish but have been living in the UK for 7.5 years, I work in Artificial Intelligence Consulting and have 42 months work experience.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.8
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 06:05
I have emailed Rotman and sent another email to follow-up to ask for their perspective on their recent large drop in the Financial Times and received no reply. There has been nothing posted on their website and all references to any rankings has been removed. Has any applicant or current student heard their perspective? Below is my summary of the Financial Times rankings from a previous post.

Financial Times released their 2018 MBA rankings today. Rotman was ranked #1 in Canada for 11 consecutive years until this year when they dropped significantly in the rankings. For those interested the link is at: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... nking-2018

There were three Canadian schools ranked: Ivey, McGill and Rotman. The following is a summary with some of the criteria important to me. What does everyone think of rankings and how they contribute to your choice of program? Should I be concerned about the drop in the Rotman rankings and what does it say about their program? I do not consider rankings the “be all and end all” in my decision. However, I have been including rankings in my research to help determine the best program for me.

McGill
Ranked 78 and #1 in Canada
Ranked #1 in Canada for: salary percentage increase; aims achieved (tied with Ivey); and career progress
Ranked 100 globally for career services

Rotman
Ranked 86 (down 21 spots from last year. The third largest decline of any school and the largest decline of any North American school)
Ranked top 10 globally in the world for faculty research
Ranked last (101 globally) for value for money
Ranked 92 globally for career services

Ivey
Ranked 90 (up 4 spots from last year)
Ranked #1 in Canada for weighted salary; career services (ranked top 50 globally at 32); aims achieved (tied with McGill), and value for money (ranked top 50 globally at 48).
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 19 Aug 2016
Posts: 151
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.82
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 06:12
Hi,

Is anyone still waiting for a reply on their application? Is this a general trend or is it just this year that the school seems overwhelmed with applications?

I applied with the round 2 deadline (8th Jan). still haven't heard back. Any advice on what should I make of this. I do know at least 4 more people in the same boat. So don't know what the scene is.

Anyone tried to get in touch with the school?
_________________

Consider giving me Kudos if you find my posts useful, challenging and helpful!

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 2425
Location: India
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 06:27
ashikaverma13 wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone still waiting for a reply on their application? Is this a general trend or is it just this year that the school seems overwhelmed with applications?

I applied with the round 2 deadline (8th Jan). still haven't heard back. Any advice on what should I make of this. I do know at least 4 more people in the same boat. So don't know what the scene is.

Anyone tried to get in touch with the school?


Hi ashikaverma13

My best bet will be to wait till the admission decision deadline(March 2nd, 2018)
Even in the first round, it took a lot of time for most of the candidates to receive
their interview invites/decision!
_________________

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Aug 2017
Posts: 5
Location: Nigeria
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 09:31
1
This post received
KUDOS
Just learned I have been admitted via a Skype call. 1 down, 3 to go.
Admitted
31 Jan, 2018
ROMEVA GRE: 312, Q159, V153; GPA: 3; Mexico; via Phone
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Nov 2016
Posts: 72
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 330 Q161 V169
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 12:13
1
This post received
KUDOS
rajmisramba wrote:
I have emailed Rotman and sent another email to follow-up to ask for their perspective on their recent large drop in the Financial Times and received no reply. There has been nothing posted on their website and all references to any rankings has been removed. Has any applicant or current student heard their perspective? Below is my summary of the Financial Times rankings from a previous post.

Financial Times released their 2018 MBA rankings today. Rotman was ranked #1 in Canada for 11 consecutive years until this year when they dropped significantly in the rankings. For those interested the link is at: http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... nking-2018

There were three Canadian schools ranked: Ivey, McGill and Rotman. The following is a summary with some of the criteria important to me. What does everyone think of rankings and how they contribute to your choice of program? Should I be concerned about the drop in the Rotman rankings and what does it say about their program? I do not consider rankings the “be all and end all” in my decision. However, I have been including rankings in my research to help determine the best program for me.

McGill
Ranked 78 and #1 in Canada
Ranked #1 in Canada for: salary percentage increase; aims achieved (tied with Ivey); and career progress
Ranked 100 globally for career services

Rotman
Ranked 86 (down 21 spots from last year. The third largest decline of any school and the largest decline of any North American school)
Ranked top 10 globally in the world for faculty research
Ranked last (101 globally) for value for money
Ranked 92 globally for career services

Ivey
Ranked 90 (up 4 spots from last year)
Ranked #1 in Canada for weighted salary; career services (ranked top 50 globally at 32); aims achieved (tied with McGill), and value for money (ranked top 50 globally at 48).



Hi , are you an admitted student? If you haven't been admitted, I think it's unwise to be emailing Rotman adcom for an explanation about this. If you have been admitted, that's a different story. Though, it's quite well known that the FT rankings are not reliable. McGill with it's 70-90 students in Quebec is no way better than Rotman with it's 350 students in Toronto.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Aug 2017
Posts: 24
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.44
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 11:30
Hi,

I have applied to Rotman in Round 2 (Jan 8), but haven't heard back from them yet. In how many days does one usually receive an interview call (if the school likes the application)?

Thank you!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 231
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 04:34
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
radhikabahl wrote:
Hi,

I have applied to Rotman in Round 2 (Jan 8), but haven't heard back from them yet. In how many days does one usually receive an interview call (if the school likes the application)?

Thank you!


Hi radhikabahl,

There is never really an exact timeframe. We sugged you wait it out until the decision date :)

All the best!
_________________

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 11:33
Hi guys, I need a little help understanding. I just received a call from Rotman and I am admitted. What I don’t understand however is that
1) I was awarded the forte fellow - what does it mean? More scholarship?
2) I will given the regional award - what does this mean? Scholarship?
3) I was given $50,000 scholarship, is this the regional award?

Help explain if you understand better, thank you

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 2425
Location: India
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 11:45
Addesola wrote:
Hi guys, I need a little help understanding. I just received a call from Rotman and I am admitted. What I don’t understand however is that
1) I was awarded the forte fellow - what does it mean? More scholarship?
2) I will given the regional award - what does this mean? Scholarship?
3) I was given $50,000 scholarship, is this the regional award?

Help explain if you understand better, thank you

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Addesola

First of all, Congrats on the admit and the Forte-Fellowship!
The Forté Fellows Program was created with the intention of increasing the number of women applying to and
enrolling in MBA programs by offering fellowships to women. To date, schools have given nearly $110 million
to more than 5,000 Forté Fellows. At Rotman over the previous 2 years, 30 + Forté Fellows have been awarded
more than $1M in total scholarships.


For more details you might want to visit the below given link
http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... Assistance

As for the Regional scholarship - please find details below!

Regional Awards

The Rotman regional scholarship program is designed to attract a balanced geographic distribution of students with global ambitions.
One exceptional candidate from each of the following geographic regions will receive a $50,000 Regional Entrance Award:
Canada
USA
Latin America/Mexico
Europe
Middle East/Africa
India
China/Asia

For further details, I think you should reach out to the scholarship recipients from the previous years(via Linkedin)
Congrats once again on this and thanks a ton for sharing.

Hope this helps you!
_________________

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2017
Posts: 31
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 15:39
Just got my admittance via email!
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2018, 15:39

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  47    Next  [ 925 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, pushpitkc



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.