It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 02:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 10:33
Hi guys, I need a little help understanding. I just received a call from Rotman and I am admitted. What I don’t understand however is that
1) I was awarded the forte fellow - what does it mean? More scholarship?
2) I will given the regional award - what does this mean? Scholarship?
3) I was given $50,000 scholarship, is this the regional award?

Help explain if you understand better, thank you

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 10:45
Addesola wrote:
Hi guys, I need a little help understanding. I just received a call from Rotman and I am admitted. What I don’t understand however is that
1) I was awarded the forte fellow - what does it mean? More scholarship?
2) I will given the regional award - what does this mean? Scholarship?
3) I was given $50,000 scholarship, is this the regional award?

Help explain if you understand better, thank you

Hi Addesola

First of all, Congrats on the admit and the Forte-Fellowship!
The Forté Fellows Program was created with the intention of increasing the number of women applying to and
enrolling in MBA programs by offering fellowships to women. To date, schools have given nearly $110 million
to more than 5,000 Forté Fellows. At Rotman over the previous 2 years, 30 + Forté Fellows have been awarded
more than $1M in total scholarships.

For more details you might want to visit the below given link
http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... Assistance

As for the Regional scholarship - please find details below!

Regional Awards

The Rotman regional scholarship program is designed to attract a balanced geographic distribution of students with global ambitions.
One exceptional candidate from each of the following geographic regions will receive a $50,000 Regional Entrance Award:
Canada
USA
Latin America/Mexico
Europe
Middle East/Africa
India
China/Asia

For further details, I think you should reach out to the scholarship recipients from the previous years(via Linkedin)
Congrats once again on this and thanks a ton for sharing.

Hope this helps you!

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2018, 14:39
Just got my admittance via email!
Admitted
29 Jan, 2018
mikeyap325 GMAT: 690, Q43, V41; GPA: 3.19; WE: 43 months; Philippines; via Phone
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 04:49
Is anyone else concerned by

1) position in the rankings
2) low average salaries on graduation

?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.8
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 05:23
Kohi1990 wrote:

?

I am concerned about the drop in the recent FT rankings. I have emailed the School twice (in a very professional way) to ask their position on the rankings and they have not replied. I feel like they are ignoring them or have something to hide. They have always been quick to respond to other questions I send them. How low their alumni rated their career services in the FT ranking (bottom 10%) is a big concern for me. As well, they are ranked dead last in value for money. In BusinessWeek, they are ranked behind Ivey and Queen's in Canada. BusinessWeek includes a student survey they send out to the class that just graduated. They ask them questions on campus culture, effectiveness of career services, and responsiveness of faculty and administrators. Rotman rated 30th out of the 31 schools ranked.

On a similar note, the length of time it is taking them to respond to candidates on whether they are going to have an interview or not is unfair. Many of us are applying to several schools and need to finalize our options. Other schools in Canada that I am considering have been way ahead of Rotman on their service and responsiveness.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 05:33
This post received
KUDOS
rajmisramba wrote:
Kohi1990 wrote:

?

I am concerned about the drop in the recent FT rankings. I have emailed the School twice (in a very professional way) to ask their position on the rankings and they have not replied. I feel like they are ignoring them or have something to hide. They have always been quick to respond to other questions I send them. How low their alumni rated their career services in the FT ranking (bottom 10%) is a big concern for me. As well, they are ranked dead last in value for money. In BusinessWeek, they are ranked behind Ivey and Queen's in Canada. BusinessWeek includes a student survey they send out to the class that just graduated. They ask them questions on campus culture, effectiveness of career services, and responsiveness of faculty and administrators. Rotman rated 30th out of the 31 schools ranked.

On a similar note, the length of time it is taking them to respond to candidates on whether they are going to have an interview or not is unfair. Many of us are applying to several schools and need to finalize our options. Other schools in Canada that I am considering have been way ahead of Rotman on their service and responsiveness.

Yeah, that's not ideal, especially when considering the cost of the course...

Denied
15 Dec, 2017
ssmba2020 GMAT: 720, Q48, V40; GPA: 3.3; WE: 60 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 04:07
ssmba2020 wrote:
Denied on: 2017/12/15
GMAT: 720, Q48, V40
GPA: 3.3
WE: 60 months
Heard back via: Email

Sorry to hear that. Could you tell us a bit more about your profile?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 17:55
Hi All,

Since admission only takes place with an interview, what the latest date you can expect to get an interview invite.

If March 2 is the decision date and it takes 2 weeks to interview the candidate and make a decision, does that mean no notification by Feb 16 is a definite ding?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 20:22
dahi wrote:
I submitted in Round 1. Applied Oct 16. Interview invite Jan 23rd. Interview Jan 31st. Waiting on response.

Hi. Any response post your interview? Also, since you submitted on Oct 16 (R1), weren't you supposed to hear back by Dec 15, which was the guaranteed decision date for that round?
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.82
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2018, 22:56
manavnarang wrote:
Hi All,

Since admission only takes place with an interview, what the latest date you can expect to get an interview invite.

If March 2 is the decision date and it takes 2 weeks to interview the candidate and make a decision, does that mean no notification by Feb 16 is a definite ding?

I want in on this too. It is really weird that so many people are waiting with either no interview or no ding.

Consider giving me Kudos if you find my posts useful, challenging and helpful!

Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '20 (II)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 05:24
i had my in person interview on Feb 1. haven't heard anything back yet.. I was told that i will hear by end of feb.. anyone else in same boat?
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.92
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 23:52
ashikaverma13 wrote:
manavnarang wrote:
Hi All,

I want in on this too. It is really weird that so many people are waiting with either no interview or no ding.

In the same boat here. No invites/ding. They won't even reply to my emails. I even called them and they didnt answer it.

The thing about privilege is.. you often don't recognize your own !!!

Denied
19 Jan, 2018
azadmd GMAT: 700, Q47, V39; GPA: 3.2; WE: 60 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 10:00
cubs wrote:
ashikaverma13 wrote:
manavnarang wrote:
Hi All,

In the same boat here. No invites/ding. They won't even reply to my emails. I even called them and they didnt answer it.

This is not professional. Not sure what is going on but to not reply to emails is unacceptable. Makes me think twice about considering applying to their program. I had met a Rotman representative, Ms. Ally Morrow, at an QS MBA Fair in November. She is now working at Ivey Business School.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 10:04
rajmisramba wrote:
cubs wrote:
ashikaverma13 wrote:
[quote="manavnarang"]Hi All,

This is not professional. Not sure what is going on but to not reply to emails is unacceptable. Makes me think twice about considering applying to their program. I had met a Rotman representative, Ms. Ally Morrow, at an QS MBA Fair in November. She is now working at Ivey Business School.[/quote]
My friend and I were discussing this yesterday. Rotman allocates two directors for India exclusively. Ally was one of them. Since she has left, the workload on rest of the adcom would have increased. Also, current students tell me that apps have increased this year because of the political environment in the US. Some even saying they have become 2X. Both things out together, they're just overloaded with work. I know it's not easy but let's be a little patient and hope for the best. :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 10:37
I agree that they are probably short-staffed and this accounts for some of the delay. However, in talking to other Canadian business schools they have ALL received an increase in international applications. The other schools I have been dealing with are responsive and very helpful. Rotman should at least send out an email explaining where they are at and providing an updated timeline so people can plan accordingly. This seems obvious to me and something that would not take much time. As I mentioned in a previous post, BusinessWeek includes a student survey they send out to the class that just graduated. They ask them questions on campus culture, effectiveness of career services, and responsiveness of faculty and administrators. Rotman rated 30th out of the 31 schools ranked. I can imagine this to be accurate given the experiences people have shared in the application process.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.92
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 12:31
This post received
KUDOS
rajmisramba wrote:
I agree that they are probably short-staffed and this accounts for some of the delay. However, in talking to other Canadian business schools they have ALL received an increase in international applications. The other schools I have been dealing with are responsive and very helpful. Rotman should at least send out an email explaining where they are at and providing an updated timeline so people can plan accordingly. This seems obvious to me and something that would not take much time. As I mentioned in a previous post, BusinessWeek includes a student survey they send out to the class that just graduated. They ask them questions on campus culture, effectiveness of career services, and responsiveness of faculty and administrators. Rotman rated 30th out of the 31 schools ranked. I can imagine this to be accurate given the experiences people have shared in the application process.

I totally agree with you. Being a "management" school if they can't manage an increase in applications or if 1 person leaving their admission committee affects them this much.... then I don't know what to say... and I know rankings are shit and all.. but I have now personally talked to around 8 of their current students and alums.. and most of them are not much enthusiastic about the school... they told me the "rotman" brand sells but other than that.. u r pretty much on ur own.... school doesn't help much...

The thing about privilege is.. you often don't recognize your own !!!

Admitted
14 Feb, 2018
Private, GMAT: 700, Q48, V39; GPA: 3.46; WE: 36 months; Singapore; via Phone
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2018, 18:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41    Next  [ 813 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, pushpitkc

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap