GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Nov 2018, 23:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 510 Q28 V32
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 07:30
Anyone from R2 who has been put on a waitlist still waiting to hear back? I have been waitlisted without an interview and the last e-mail I received from them basically stated that I'll continue to be on the waitlist after the R3 deadline.

Should I call the admissions team and ask about an update? Or should I just wait? I would please love to hear your opinions on this- from people who have been admitted and from people who are on the same boat as me.

I am inclined to think now that, without an interview yet, it's almost likely that the wait is unnecessary as I should't hope for a positive response. Don't want to sound negative, but not sure how they would go about it given the little time left until the commencement of the program.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 21:43
Does anyone know is there a chance to get into class of 2020 by applying in last round at rotman mba program??
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 22:33
obiwankanobi wrote:
Anyone from R2 who has been put on a waitlist still waiting to hear back? I have been waitlisted without an interview and the last e-mail I received from them basically stated that I'll continue to be on the waitlist after the R3 deadline.

Should I call the admissions team and ask about an update? Or should I just wait? I would please love to hear your opinions on this- from people who have been admitted and from people who are on the same boat as me.

I am inclined to think now that, without an interview yet, it's almost likely that the wait is unnecessary as I should't hope for a positive response. Don't want to sound negative, but not sure how they would go about it given the little time left until the commencement of the program.

Hi Im on the wait-list too, but for R3. Haven't heard back yet. I had an interview though.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 06:05
Congratulations to so many successful applicants on this thread.

Rotman is one of my main target schools for 2021 class.

Thanks for sharing all the experiences. I will take a while and go through this thread.

Sent from my SM-T285 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2018, 17:24
Hello everybody, I was just invited to sit for an Interview for the Rotman FT MBA program. I will likely take it either this Friday or Wednesday. I was just wondering if anybody could give me a quick overview of what I should be expecting in terms of both questions asked by the interviewer and types of questions (ex: behavioral, situational etc.)

Thank you, any advice is appreciated.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 06:45
Who is your interview with?

These are the questions I was asked:

- how did you come to learn about Rotman
- most measurable impact you have had at work
- walk through resume in 2 minutes
- tell me about a time you used networking
- what class would you teach, teach it in 2 minutes (doesn't have to be academic in nature)
- what will be your legacy at Rotman
- what is one question you wish I had asked
- where else are you applying

Then the rest of the time is for you to ask questions. Should be roughly half an hour.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2018, 13:36
Emilio95 wrote:
Hello everybody, I was just invited to sit for an Interview for the Rotman FT MBA program. I will likely take it either this Friday or Wednesday. I was just wondering if anybody could give me a quick overview of what I should be expecting in terms of both questions asked by the interviewer and types of questions (ex: behavioral, situational etc.)

Hey! Goodluck for your interview!
Could you tell me your timeline? When did you submit your application?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2018, 06:10
mblai091 wrote:
Who is your interview with?

These are the questions I was asked:

- how did you come to learn about Rotman
- most measurable impact you have had at work
- walk through resume in 2 minutes
- tell me about a time you used networking
- what class would you teach, teach it in 2 minutes (doesn't have to be academic in nature)
- what will be your legacy at Rotman
- what is one question you wish I had asked
- where else are you applying

Then the rest of the time is for you to ask questions. Should be roughly half an hour.

Hello, thanks for the help. My interview is actually with Leigh Gauthier. Did you she also conduct your interview?

Emilio
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2018, 06:16
MBAAsspirant wrote:
Emilio95 wrote:

Thanks

I submitted the app on the round 4 deadline which I believe was sometime in mid April however, one of my referees sent their letter way too late like a week after the deadline so I was expecting to have waited at least 6-8 weeks before getting a notification. It was pretty crazy but I happened to get a notification like barely 20 days after my last letter was received. Rotman really is a reach school for me as I do not have much work experience and my grades are not fantastic but I am applying from a very diverse background. While its still a reach school I did get wait listed at Olin which is arguably much harder to get into than Rotman, so I guess you never know.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2018, 06:24
vks0088 wrote:
Does anyone know is there a chance to get into class of 2020 by applying in last round at rotman mba program??

I think applying at the last round for Rotman is a huge long shot. I also noticed you are located in India so I guess that might make it harder as I believe they wanted all International application to apply earlier. Just from what I was told, top schools like Rotman tend to use the later rounds to add some diversity to their classes. I think that is the main reason that I got the interview without having top grades. I wish you the best of luck with your applications.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2018, 07:38
Emilio95 wrote:
MBAAsspirant wrote:
Emilio95 wrote:

Thanks

I submitted the app on the round 4 deadline which I believe was sometime in mid April however, one of my referees sent their letter way too late like a week after the deadline so I was expecting to have waited at least 6-8 weeks before getting a notification. It was pretty crazy but I happened to get a notification like barely 20 days after my last letter was received. Rotman really is a reach school for me as I do not have much work experience and my grades are not fantastic but I am applying from a very diverse background. While its still a reach school I did get wait listed at Olin which is arguably much harder to get into than Rotman, so I guess you never know.

I think they're around the same. I got into Rotman with $30k and Olin with $75k. Rejected Olin.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2018, 00:53
obiwankanobi wrote:

Did you receive any update? I have been waitlisted without interview from March 2 now.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 510 Q28 V32
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE: Analyst (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2018, 03:08
MBAoneday2020 wrote:
obiwankanobi wrote:

Did you receive any update? I have been waitlisted without interview from March 2 now.

Nope, no update still. Still waiting.

I called the admissions office and they just told me that the applications are getting reviewed on a weekly basis now and that my application will get reviewed eventually. In short, a waste of a phone call really.

Ah well, I hope they do get in touch ASAP; the wait is killing me.

Anyway, if you hear anything back from them, please let me know. Cheers.
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.82
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2018, 23:16
Hey Guys,

Anyone here who was a reapplicant? Need some help on a few queries.

Consider giving me Kudos if you find my posts useful, challenging and helpful!

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 06:58
Hello everybody. I was accepted into Rotman. Looks like I will be seeing you guys in Toronto this August!
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2018, 00:26
obiwankanobi wrote:
MBAoneday2020 wrote:
obiwankanobi wrote:

Nope, no update still. Still waiting.

I called the admissions office and they just told me that the applications are getting reviewed on a weekly basis now and that my application will get reviewed eventually. In short, a waste of a phone call really.

Ah well, I hope they do get in touch ASAP; the wait is killing me.

Anyway, if you hear anything back from them, please let me know. Cheers.

Sure Buddy. But I ain't too hopeful, given we are awaiting an interview invite in mid-June and session will start by August 2018
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2018, 03:44
Hi guys, is there a whatsapp or facebook group for admitted class of 2020 students? Please let me know, I will provide my cellphone number through DM.

thanks,
emilio
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2018, 10:14
Hey
Is there a facebook/whatsapp group that I can be a part of?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2018, 20:28
Hello,

Did you hear back from them yet?

Emilio95 wrote:
MBAAsspirant wrote:
Emilio95 wrote:

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2018, 05:00
What is the procedure of submitting official transcripts?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 29 Jun 2018, 05:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50    Next  [ 986 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap