It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 20:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 02:49
You’re set then!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 06:25
Has anyone been admitted off the waitlist ??
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 01:24
Hi! I applied in R3 and received an email for interview from Richard Feliciano. Has anyone been interviewed by him yet? Is there any feedback?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 01:26
VS1993 wrote:
Hi! I applied in R3 and received an email for interview from Richard Feliciano. Has anyone been interviewed by him yet? Is there any feedback?
Hey what's your profile?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 01:27
This post received
KUDOS
Hey VS1993! Congratulations!

I think arnabmukherjee10 was interviewed by him.

Best,
S

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 01:32
thanks ss18!
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 01:10
Any R4 people here?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 03:16
If you are a R3 applicant and haven't received an interview call yet, its probably correct to assume that its probably a rejection then?
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 03:29
neo32 - don’t assume so. It’s not a rejection till they say so.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 05:20
Hi, for the video essays will I be able to see the questions beforehand and have some time to prepare an answer then record the video?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 05:38
Emilio95 wrote:
Hi, for the video essays will I be able to see the questions beforehand and have some time to prepare an answer then record the video?

If I remember correctly, you get 30 seconds to prepare and then have to speak for 60 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 05:53
Emilio95 wrote:

I remember it as 30 seconds to prep and 90 seconds for speaking. After that was the writing assessment.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 06:19
Thank you for the quick response. Also, I was just wondering if I should be expecting standard questions such as Why Rotman? Why MBA? etc. or should I be in for more surprises in the sense that the questions will be diverse? I found a list of possible video essay questions online but they seem outdated.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 06:26
Emilio95 wrote:
Thank you for the quick response. Also, I was just wondering if I should be expecting standard questions such as Why Rotman? Why MBA? etc. or should I be in for more surprises in the sense that the questions will be diverse? I found a list of possible video essay questions online but they seem outdated.

Thanks

I did prepare all those why MBA, why Rotman etc but they didn't come. I got two behavioural questions which don't need much and then the written assessment of e-mail writing. I'm not sure what you saw online, I'll only be able to tell you if they make sense if I see them.

Hope this helps!

Best,
S

P.S: Do not memorize a script for the WHY questions, it'll make you sound very robotic.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 06:56
Emilio95 wrote:

Thanks

Even I didn't get any of those standard questions. Both were behavioural/personality based questions designed to test what kind of a person you are. I believe the adcom is trying to see your self awareness and how you think on your feet.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 08:22
Thank you for the help everyone, I just completed the Kira component and it went pretty well. I think my answers were relatively direct and brief which is what I think they wanted. Also all the questions came as surprises - I had no prep so my answers weren't robotic at all and a mix between casual/professional tone. These are the questions I got:

Written response:

Pretend you are writing an email introducing yourself to your Career Coach. Very Straightforward. Ten minutes is more than enough time to ace this email. I think the key here is not to write too much. I found that 3-4 sentences in main body of the email + 2 sentences closing off the email was more than enough.

Video:

-Who is the biggest influence in your life and why? Found this one fairly easy and straightforward but I didn't have much to say for the "why" component so it was kept very brief and short rather than repeating or trying to re-package the same points.

If you had a choice would you want to change the past or see the future? This one was much harder and nuanced. There's obviously no right answer here but considering this is a business school application I would argue that choosing "see the future" is more reasonable. This was my strongest response, my response presented reasoning and pros and cons for both sides then ended with saying that I rather "see the future."

good luck to everybody!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 08:26
ss18 wrote:
Any R4 people here?

Yes hi, I'ts a long shot for me personally but there's no harm in applying. I am submitting it in the next few minutes.

Emilio
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 08:58
Emilio95 wrote:
ss18 wrote:
Any R4 people here?

Yes hi, I'ts a long shot for me personally but there's no harm in applying. I am submitting it in the next few minutes.

Emilio

All the best! Isn't today the deadline? I am sure if you've written good essays and done well with the video and written component, there is nothing to worry.

Best,
S
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 08:59
This post received
KUDOS
Emilio95 wrote:
Thank you for the help everyone, I just completed the Kira component and it went pretty well. I think my answers were relatively direct and brief which is what I think they wanted. Also all the questions came as surprises - I had no prep so my answers weren't robotic at all and a mix between casual/professional tone. These are the questions I got:

Written response:

Pretend you are writing an email introducing yourself to your Career Coach. Very Straightforward. Ten minutes is more than enough time to ace this email. I think the key here is not to write too much. I found that 3-4 sentences in main body of the email + 2 sentences closing off the email was more than enough.

Video:

-Who is the biggest influence in your life and why? Found this one fairly easy and straightforward but I didn't have much to say for the "why" component so it was kept very brief and short rather than repeating or trying to re-package the same points.

If you had a choice would you want to change the past or see the future? This one was much harder and nuanced. There's obviously no right answer here but considering this is a business school application I would argue that choosing "see the future" is more reasonable. This was my strongest response, my response presented reasoning and pros and cons for both sides then ended with saying that I rather "see the future."

good luck to everybody!

I can see from how you've dissected the question that you've done very well! All the best ad here's hoping for a fantastic result!

Best,
S
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 19:43
This post received
KUDOS
Admitted.

Heard back via email. INEFFABLE FEELING!
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 16 Apr 2018, 19:43

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47    Next  [ 925 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, pushpitkc

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap