Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:02 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
GRE 1: Q168 V161
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi Kunal,

Thanks for writing in.

You definitely have done some good work - both at your day job, and outside of work/college with respect to your EC's. Congrats on that.

Having said that - these colleges attract applications from several highly qualified candidates. You belong to an extremely overrepresented pool of candidates. And your GMAT, and GPA are not high enough for this segment. Because of this - these colleges would be very difficult. (Unless there is a very strong personal story that we are not considering here.)

You should have a competitive application at other programs though - if you are willing to expand your search by a bit. Please schedule and appointment and speak to us if you want to discuss further.

Best wishes,
Karthik

kunalcvrce wrote:
MBAPrepCoach
mbaMissionKate
AugustAcademy

Kindly review my profile

Indian, Male, 30 Years

GMAT – 680 expecting

Undergrad: Bachelor of Technology (Electrical Engineering) –– (2007-2011)-6.8/10 GPA

Work Experience: 6.5yrs

Working as a Software Engineer at top 10 tech company of India, from 2012-present, and had been in 5 different position from trainee to technical associate. Interaction with client for narrowing down the requirements. Leading multiple teams
Awarded Insta Award for successfully delivering multiple projects efficiently and within timeline.
Received many appreciation mails for handling critical projects and providing solutions for complex requirements.
Given sessions for different technologies to new hires and Interns

Extra Curriculars

Organized HYSEA 2017 and HYSEA 2018 Inter Corporate chess competition in which 18 different multinational companies participated for the chess tournament.
Organized HYDRANALINE CHESS competition multiple times .
Organized 3rd Inter DC Indoor sports competition in which 9 different DC participated .
Volunteered and participated in various Marathon.
Brown belt in karate and participated in various national level karate competition.

Social responsibility:

Volunteered in multiple times in POLIO vaccination drive in which more than 10000 children was vaccinated in a day
Been part of CSR in which I have taught maths for to under privileged children.
Part of team organizing fund-raising for education of underprivileged children in India.

Achievements:

Winner at the first Youth Duathlon(Running and Cycling) 2018 competition.
Winner of Hydrenaline 2016 Chess tournament.
Runner Up at the HYSEA 2017 inter corporate Chess tournament.
Runner Up at the First InterDC Indoor chess tournament.
Winner of Club level Karate competion.

Kindly let me know my chances .

Target MIT,INSEAD,ROSS,TUCK
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi agupta,

Georgiatech is top-notch. Your GPA is quite good as well. Your motivation is heartfelt. Deloitte is also a good brand. So you have a lot of positives going for you.

Your GMAT is a bit on the weaker side - especially as an Indian applicant. Your post-MBA goals might need a bit of refinement - not strong enough for the motivation you display. (I want to save a lot of lives - so I'll work with Deloitte somehow doesn't sit well.) Either tone down the passion with respect to your motivation, or make your goals a bit larger and directly in line with your motivations.

The nature of projects you've worked on will have some influence - with regards to what industry experience you have, what kind of functional expertise you have, etc. There are a fair number of people working in supply chain related functions. So it really boils down to what unique industry experience do you bring with you.

Booth will be very difficult. MIT and Duke should also be of above-average difficulty, Duke being the easier of the two. Please schedule an appointment with us using the link below if you wish to discuss further.

Best wishes,
Karthik

agupta3091 wrote:
Hi!

I was just wondering if my profile could be evaluated for MIT Sloan. I am applying to Sloan, Booth and Duke- Thanks a lot!

Background/Nationality: 
• 24M, Indian, born and raised in Dubai, UAE for 17 years (permanent resident in Dubai), working in the United States
• Dealt with family tragedy stemming from unavailable life-saving and cost-effective drugs to treat life-threatening disease- Resulted in development of my resolve to understand effective drug delivery methods and be in the life sciences industry

Undergrad school/major: Georgia Institute of Technology, 3.68 GPA, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering

Work Experience: 
3 years at Deloitte Consulting focusing on supply chain transformation projects for Life Sciences clients- Promoted from analyst to consultant (Top of analyst class all 3 years) and sponsored for MBA degree
• Leading team of 3 at a life sciences client to revamp supply chain and reduce order backlog for $1B facility, targeting potential savings of $30M
• Managed 5 analysts to design and implement new logistics processes for a biotechnology client across 4 countries (Belgium, Japan, Singapore, USA), increasing global supply chain efficiency by 30% and $16M in revenue
• Awarded $500K in funding to develop prototype for integrated supply chain platform, with potential client savings of $35M
• Led college recruiting efforts as program chair, increasing STEM students intake by 15%
• Awards at Deloitte: Deloitte Applause Awards for ‘Best Performing Consultant’, Winner of Deloitte Innovation challenge , Top 5 at ‘Startup Deloitte’, Top 4 in Atlanta Startup Venture Competition

GMAT: 710, 46Q/40V. Also reported 700 49Q/37V due to higher quant score

Extra Curriculars: 
• Vice President of a Net Impact organization in Georgia for 4 years (2012-2016)
○ Launched ‘Social Enterprise Career Fair’ to connect 150+ students with 20 social enterprises, resulting in 90% placement rate
○ Convened over 20 social enterprise CEOs for ‘TED talks’-themed events to spread awareness on social entrepreneurship- attended by over 500 students
• Co- President of skills-based volunteering organization to fund-raise on social issues in India send local volunteers from US (2016-Present)
○ Leading all fundraising efforts for women emancipation programs in India– raised over $100K year-to-date
○ Created skills-based volunteering program to support disaster relief efforts in south India by sending 15 volunteers
• Project Lead for internal Deloitte pro-bono consulting initiative to improve vision screening in Atlanta Public schools (2017-Present)
○ Managed team of 4 analysts to optimize vision-screening process in public schools, targeting 50% increase of elementary school kids screened across 130 schools

Goal of MBA: 
• Business Acumen: MIT Sloan's focus on action learning and cross campus integration will help me gain overall business acumen and help me understand supply chain interdependencies with other business units in an organization such as finance, marketing etc. Action learning labs would be a great hands-on experience to work with diverse sets of people (culturally and expertise area) and approach solving problems by learning from different perspectives
• Life Sciences: The MBA degree will also allow me to understand the life sciences industry at a macro scale and understand how external factors such as policy, delivery innovation can directly improve healthcare outcomes for individuals- currently I am limited in my role to operations management at Deloitte with limited visibility into how these external factors work and other general management areas such as effect of organizational dynamics on product innovation, strategic marketing etc. (For example: H-Lab at MIT Sloan would provide me these exact skills I need)
• Leadership: Leadership classes at Sloan such as Sloan Innovation Period will help me gain critical leadership skills I need to grow into a Partner in the firm with focus on managing teams, improving active listening etc. but also being able to think like a CEO and visualize problem solving approaches from a top executive's perspective- this will help me serve my clients better at Deloitte
• Goal Post- MBA: Come to Deloitte and follow the Partner track at the firm majoring in the Life Sciences Industry
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kunal, I've replied here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... s#p2094112

kunalcvrce wrote:
MBAPrepCoach
mbaMissionKate
AugustAcademy

Kindly review my profile

Indian, Male, 30 Years

GMAT – 680 expecting

Undergrad: Bachelor of Technology (Electrical Engineering) –– (2007-2011)-6.8/10 GPA

Working as a Software Engineer at top 10 tech company of India, from 2012-present, and had been in 5 different position from trainee to technical associate. Interaction with client for narrowing down the requirements. Leading multiple teams
Awarded Insta Award for successfully delivering multiple projects efficiently and within timeline.
Received many appreciation mails for handling critical projects and providing solutions for complex requirements.

Extra Curriculars

Organized HYSEA 2017 and HYSEA 2018 Inter Corporate chess competition in which 18 different multinational companies participated for the chess tournament.
Organized 3rd Inter DC Indoor sports competition in which 9 different DC participated .
Brown belt in karate and participated in various national level karate competition.

Social responsibility:

Volunteered in multiple times in POLIO vaccination drive in which more than 10000 children was vaccinated in a day
Part of team organizing fund-raising for education of underprivileged children in India.

Achievements:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
AugustAcademy wrote:
Hi Kunal,

Thanks for writing in.

You definitely have done some good work - both at your day job, and outside of work/college with respect to your EC's. Congrats on that.

Having said that - these colleges attract applications from several highly qualified candidates. You belong to an extremely overrepresented pool of candidates. And your GMAT, and GPA are not high enough for this segment. Because of this - these colleges would be very difficult. (Unless there is a very strong personal story that we are not considering here.)

You should have a competitive application at other programs though - if you are willing to expand your search by a bit. Please schedule and appointment and speak to us if you want to discuss further.

Best wishes,
Karthik

kunalcvrce wrote:
MBAPrepCoach
mbaMissionKate
AugustAcademy

Kindly review my profile

Indian, Male, 30 Years

GMAT – 680 expecting

Extra Curriculars

Social responsibility:

Achievements:

Hi AugustAcademy,

Thanks for the response. I am planing to give GMAT and will try to score 730+.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi kunalcvrce,

Thanks for reaching out. I think your chances are going to be tough at the schools you listed, in all honesty. Your academic stats will likely present the biggest challenge, as most applicants from India who are accepted to the schools you list have over 7.0/10.0 GPAs, and some even higher. So you really need a much higher GMAT than 680 to be competitive at schools like Sloan.

Now your work experience does seem quite strong -- with team management, client exposure, progression. And you have good extracurriculars too. With 6.5 years experience, you will be a bit above the average for a full-time MBA program, so that could present a challenge as well. I might look into more MBA programs in Europe (beyond just INSEAD) where the average age tends to be a bit higher.

Hope this helps as you plan ahead, and good luck!
Kate

kunalcvrce wrote:
MBAPrepCoach
mbaMissionKate
AugustAcademy

Kindly review my profile

Indian, Male, 30 Years

GMAT – 680 expecting

Extra Curriculars

Social responsibility:

Achievements:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '23
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Hi

Kindly evaluate my profile.

This is daljeet
Indian male 31yr

Graduate in ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
6 year of work ex both in clinical and management role.

Presently working as senior medical coordinator intensive care unit of a multi super specialty hospital.
Excellent growth as compare to peers.

Gmat prepration in progress.

Extracircular.

State level badminton player during school
Holds sports grade certificate from dept of sports govt of punjab.
Prade commander of school unit during prade organised by local adminstration on the eve of independence day and republic day

Best athlete of college
Member of extracircular committee of college
Organised various events like annual function,alum meet ,sports meet etc as part of commitee

Post college

Organising various blood donation camps with the help of volunteers .

Part of organising commitee which organised a regional language tv channel show.

Attended various free medical camps as volunteer .

Part of volunteer group which helping needy people financially for various purpose,my work mostly related to varify medical cases .

Post mba goal
Entreprenaurism

How mba will help
Worked with two mlm companies which failed .
Learned some lessons and came to know that i lacks basic bussines skills.
Mba will help me to gain that knowledge.

Kindly evaluate my profile and give your valuable suggessions.

Regards

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Hi all, I'm considering applying for Sloan and would love an eval. I also posted this in the Haas thread. I'm applying for Tuck and CBS in R1. For R2, I'm looking into NYU, Yale, Ross, Fuqua, Tepper and Anderson (I'm focused on mostly NE and Cali, below HSWB). Are Haas and Sloan realistic possibilities for me as well?

Also I saw some stats on Sloan admissions by round - would there be a significant difference if I tried to apply to Sloan in R2 vs R1?

Background/Demographic: Canadian (Chinese ethnicity), born and raised in a major city in the Canadian Prairies. My parents immigrated to Canada decades ago and ran a successful business in the IT consulting space (B2B) for 30+ years
GMAT: 730 (Q49, V41, IR8, AWA pending)
Undergrad: Computer Science at top Canadian university (UGPA 3.88 - I believe its GPA scale matches that of US schools), also minored in Math and History
Grad: Computer Science MSc at same university (GPA 3.9), J.D. (law) also at same university (usually considered top 1-2 law school in Canada)

Experience: 7+ years in NYC in the restructuring/corporate reorganization industry - about 5 years as lawyer in Vault 15 firm (i.e. one of the BigLaw firms), about 2.5 years as secondee from that law firm consulting major international banks and managing their distressed/stressed loans (at these banks, have managed billions of dollars in exposure; as a lawyer have advised on a wide range of companies in a wide variety of industries with anywhere from tens of millions to billions of dollars of debt). Very interesting industry as it is a combination of skills - technical/legal, financial and human elements. Often very high stakes and high pressure.
Extracurriculars/Activities: None post-school (lawyer is nearly a round the clock job...) However, I am pretty active whenever possible - skiing, running (also did a triathlon last year), hiking, rock climbing, etc. I am also an avid (lifetime) gamer and tech geek.

Story/Post MBA: In short, I'm looking to transition back into tech, looking at the product management or business development. roles in particular. Long-term, either head a major product or transition into VC or tech PE. Since I'm probably a bit out-of-the-box and older than the average candidate, this may merit a bit more of an explanation. In undergrad/grad, I was a pretty academic type - I did a lot of theoretical computer science and it was immensely enjoyable, but following some self-reflection I wasn't quite sure about how much of an immediate practical impact I could have as an academic. This was why I transitioned into law (both academic and impactful!). While I love the work I'm doing now and seeing a significant impact from the work that I do, I never lost the tech bug and I want to reconnect with my roots in the industry - but this time from the business side. I'm seeking an MBA in order to build fundamental skills essential to have a successful business career in the tech industry. Curious to see if this makes sense to you guys and to the adcom! I would emphasize that I'm equally comfortable with quantitative concepts in finance/computer science as I am with highly complex legal documentation and communicating those concepts to a more general audience.

Other: Not sure where to put this but something that just occurred to me - post-MBA my salary would almost certainly be much lower than what I'm making now - I don't think this should be a big factor one way or another (in fact it may be positive as I'm looking to make a career switch, and not chasing money). However, is this something that could be viewed negatively (as in it could impact their stats for pre-MBA vs. post-MBA salaries)?
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ikcotyck,

Happy to share my thoughts on your profile. Overall I think Sloan is in range for you, you've got great GPA and GMAT stats. But it's not a school that I would consider very safe for you, so I'm glad you have a range of programs on your list. That said, I would definitely give Sloan a shot as it fits great with your goals, and also tends to be more open-minded about experienced candidates (work experience range is 0-15 years).

Beyond the strengths in GMAT and GPA, I think you've got an interesting story around returning to your tech "roots" especially since it relates to your parents business too. In your legal career, you've had exposure to diverse transactions, had executive level exposure, and succeeded in often ambiguous and high pressure situations (all important qualities!).

The challenges are your experience level (not a dealbreaker but puts more scrutiny on your reasons for an MBA now) and lack of extracurriculars (totally get you've had a demanding job but some of your fellow applicants have worked demanding jobs in banking/consulting, etc. and managed to keep involved with activities, so you may still fall short there. Emphasize the personal hobbies / interests and any organizations you were involved in during your past degrees). The final challenge I see for you is to avoid the perception that you are "degree shopping" and really committed and serious about the MBA. This needs to be an important part of your essays.

On your other questions, I think there's a slight % drop in acceptance rate between R1 vs R2, so if you can make it in R1 that's ideal, but don't rush or put in a mediocre application because of that. On the salary question, I do think it relates to the point above about being committed to the MBA and showing that you've done your research on what post-MBA roles look like, which companies you'll target, etc. If you can show that you've thought through that decision carefully, and already taken steps to make that move, I don't think they'll hold that against you.

Best of luck!
Kate

ikcotyck wrote:
Hi all, I'm considering applying for Sloan and would love an eval. I also posted this in the Haas thread. I'm applying for Tuck and CBS in R1. For R2, I'm looking into NYU, Yale, Ross, Fuqua, Tepper and Anderson (I'm focused on mostly NE and Cali, below HSWB). Are Haas and Sloan realistic possibilities for me as well?

Also I saw some stats on Sloan admissions by round - would there be a significant difference if I tried to apply to Sloan in R2 vs R1?

Background/Demographic: Canadian (Chinese ethnicity), born and raised in a major city in the Canadian Prairies. My parents immigrated to Canada decades ago and ran a successful business in the IT consulting space (B2B) for 30+ years
GMAT: 730 (Q49, V41, IR8, AWA pending)
Undergrad: Computer Science at top Canadian university (UGPA 3.88 - I believe its GPA scale matches that of US schools), also minored in Math and History
Grad: Computer Science MSc at same university (GPA 3.9), J.D. (law) also at same university (usually considered top 1-2 law school in Canada)

Experience: 7+ years in NYC in the restructuring/corporate reorganization industry - about 5 years as lawyer in Vault 15 firm (i.e. one of the BigLaw firms), about 2.5 years as secondee from that law firm consulting major international banks and managing their distressed/stressed loans (at these banks, have managed billions of dollars in exposure; as a lawyer have advised on a wide range of companies in a wide variety of industries with anywhere from tens of millions to billions of dollars of debt). Very interesting industry as it is a combination of skills - technical/legal, financial and human elements. Often very high stakes and high pressure.
Extracurriculars/Activities: None post-school (lawyer is nearly a round the clock job...) However, I am pretty active whenever possible - skiing, running (also did a triathlon last year), hiking, rock climbing, etc. I am also an avid (lifetime) gamer and tech geek.

Story/Post MBA: In short, I'm looking to transition back into tech, looking at the product management or business development. roles in particular. Long-term, either head a major product or transition into VC or tech PE. Since I'm probably a bit out-of-the-box and older than the average candidate, this may merit a bit more of an explanation. In undergrad/grad, I was a pretty academic type - I did a lot of theoretical computer science and it was immensely enjoyable, but following some self-reflection I wasn't quite sure about how much of an immediate practical impact I could have as an academic. This was why I transitioned into law (both academic and impactful!). While I love the work I'm doing now and seeing a significant impact from the work that I do, I never lost the tech bug and I want to reconnect with my roots in the industry - but this time from the business side. I'm seeking an MBA in order to build fundamental skills essential to have a successful business career in the tech industry. Curious to see if this makes sense to you guys and to the adcom! I would emphasize that I'm equally comfortable with quantitative concepts in finance/computer science as I am with highly complex legal documentation and communicating those concepts to a more general audience.

Other: Not sure where to put this but something that just occurred to me - post-MBA my salary would almost certainly be much lower than what I'm making now - I don't think this should be a big factor one way or another (in fact it may be positive as I'm looking to make a career switch, and not chasing money). However, is this something that could be viewed negatively (as in it could impact their stats for pre-MBA vs. post-MBA salaries)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hello - looking for a profile review heading into my Sloan application. Plan to apply Round 1.

Background: 27 y.o. white male

Undergrad: B.S. Finance – 3.35 GPA – large Pac-12 school in PNW (not UW)

Heavy Undergrad EC’s: played two years varsity baseball until soph. year then during last year and a half worked two on-campus jobs, led new student orientations, conducted academic advising, leadership position in Investment Club – managed real money portfolio, team captain CFA competition team, research assistant – fixed income, organized PE/VC conferences, played poker semi-professionally and paid for most of school this way. Also graduated early.

GMAT:

Attempt #1: 690 44Q/41V/7IR/6AWA
Attempt #2: 720 48Q/41V/8IR/6AWA

Work Experience: 4.5 years at app

- Engineering summer internship at Fortune 100 aerospace company – ranked top 5% of interns

- Hired into full-time competitive rotation at Fortune 100 aerospace company, completed rotations in project management (led teams in matrix format) and pricing – multiple achievements – ranked in top 5% of analysts each performance review – 2 years total, 1 promotion

- Financial analyst at FAANG company – managed P&L spanning 13 marketplaces and 9 currencies – ranked in top 10% of analysts for org – 1.75 years total, 0 promotions

- [Current] Senior Manager – Business Intelligence & Analytics at small retail services startup that is fastest growing company in region. Directly manage 7 people. Started as a Product Owner/Business Analyst and have been promoted twice in 12 months to current position. Conceived and built the team I manage, which is part of a new revenue model that has attracted bigger client accounts in the CPG category (think Coke/Dr Pepper-Snapple/Pepsi and Clorox/P&G/J&J) that will do seven figures in profit this year. Also managed the product lifecycle for a web-based product that we brought to market – 1 year total with company at app, 2 promotions

Community:

- Volunteered to lead resume and job interview workshops at Women’s shelter
- Mentor undergrads at Alma Mater

Post-MBA Goals:

- Short-term: Break into hardware product management at a FAANG company. Supporting PM’s at FAANG I realized this is what I want to pursue – have multiple PM mentors. Moved to start-up to gain PM experience, albeit on a web-based product, and had to move because I couldn’t move internally at FAANG as I was too junior of an employee for most of the product roles.

- Long-term: start a hardware venture, either as Founder/CEO or Co-Founder/CFO
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Background and nationality: Brazilian Female

Undergrad Information: BA in International Relations from top Brazilian University, spent one semester abroad in Mexico

GMAT: 730 49Q|40V

Work experience and leadership: helped opening the brazilian office of a tech/fashion startup 2.5y ago (just me + director) and worked on the growth of the office ever since. 2 promotions, currently manage a team of 2 and am the LATAM manager for my area.

Community and others: Red Cross International Volunteer working with refugees, mentoring undergrad students

Post MBA goals: internationalization/business development, transition into social impact

Anything else? Applying in round 1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello,

Do I stand a realistic chance of getting in? My profile:

1.) Indian Female, 24, Muslim
2.) GMAT: 730 (q50, v39, IR-3( I know it's bad!), AWA-6.0)
3.) Undergrad: Engineering , GPA: 4.0 (according to MBA.com conversion table)
4.) Currently working at Dell Technologies, 2 years of work experience after graduating. (Will be 3 yrs before joining the school)

International work experience: YES (was one of the select few to attend the Dell Annual IT Summit at Austin and learnt a lot from the experience)

I joined my team as a software analyst but my manager seeing good management and communication skills in me, encouraged me to take up project management and thus I became a project coordinator for my team within 6 months of joining the company. I worked with my team to do anything possible to help them perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, communicating with other teams for requirements, etc. So, you might say I have managing experience as well. I was a Scrum Master for my team and I have a certification of Certified Scrum Master as well.

5.) Extra-curricular: Vocalist in college band and still sing sometimes at clubs,worked with NGOs to help educate poor muslim girls, blogging, modelling, travelling

I was also the networking lead in the IT Development Program in Dell. I have organised numerous events and led all the members(in numbers of 50-60) of the ITDP program on various occasions.

Post MBA goals: Product Marketing Manager in a company I believe in.
Long term goals: Chief Marketing officer , again in a company I believe in.

Please give an honest feedback if I have a shot at getting in. And if not, which schools do you suggest me to apply to?

Thanks a bunch!!
Tasneem
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.55
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate and suggest freely.

Profile:
B.Tech. (65%) & M. Tech. (8.7/10) - both degrees in Metallurgical & Materials Engg. from top 2nd NIT
GATE (All india exam for admission to Masters in Engg. institutes) qualified, Availed full Scholarship in M. Tech.

Work Exp. 13 years Consulting exp. in Steel Sector as process expert (Public Sector company) - 4 promotions (best possible in PSUs)
Vast exposure to steel industries in India, and one unit in Brasil , No International Exposure but quite often interaction with experts of various nationalities in the form of discussion with technology suppliers.

Working as Project lead/ Coordinator to lead a team ranging from 10 - 25 depending upon project. - 7 years in lead role, Point of interaction is mostly top executives in almost all projects.

Life Member of Institution of Engineers (India), Life Member of Indian Institute of Metals, Member of AIST, USA

Represented India in roundtable conference of BRIC countries in Brasil.
10 publications in various International and National conferences and Seminars
Co-Organiser in 6 National conferences/ Seminars

Enthusiast sports person. - Play Badminton Daily, Organise Company's tournaments for employees - Cricket, Badminton, and Table-tennis, As a executive club member have organised one Chess tournament.

Founded a registered NGO in 2013 for developing sports infrastructure in rural and remote areas. (Presently working in only three primary schools, looking forward to cover all district schools by 2019 in one of the districts of one of the states of India, UP).

In addition to present consultancy role, last year Management also entrusted me to lead an Art & Music school patronised by my Company. I feel fortunate for this additional responsibility because the school is an small organisation in itself with a turnover of about 12 - 15 lakhs INR (about 20,000 USD)- 17 faculty and about 200 students. In last one year, activities increased multiple fold and we are giving first ever increase in remuneration, this year, to faculties due to increased turnover of about 30%. More than income, the mood and spirit of school is very high, Going to organise a National event this December, first ever attempt by school....(There is so much to tell..)

Have Identified a solid disruptive and new business model for certain services in steel sector, based on my experience, So now looking for B-School for networking, possibility of nurturing the business idea, also possibility of getting partners in venture, some funding, and developing required soft skills for launching and running the venture in global locations in addition to India. If venture does not matures up at B school level, then looking for few years of consulting experience in my own field for which there are plenty matching profile in good consulting firms.

GMAT : Scheduled - Practice : Q49, and V30 - 35 (about 680-700) - I will target for higher score for sure
But please evaluate as if I get only 700 score. IR will be 6/8 and AWA 5 - 5.5 for sure.

School: (Fall 2019)
Dream : MIT Sloan, Stanford MSx,
Next tier : Cornell Johnson (one year),
Last tier : Babson college, Imperial College,
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Kaps770

The contours of your profile look pretty solid. Acads (scholarship story), Work Ex (achievements), Extracurricular (impact) and Career Goals (realistic and organic) all seem thought out. You can read here on what factors to highlight in your written application here.
The challenges I see are 3- a) GMAT- aim for a higher GMAT for the likes of MIT at least. b) Execution- selecting the right stories. With an extensive experience you should be selective about what you are telling in your essays. c) You might be an outlier at some of these programs with 13+ years experience. Not a major challenge, but show how this is an advantage for the class.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Kaps770 wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate and suggest freely.

Profile:
B.Tech. (65%) & M. Tech. (8.7/10) - both degrees in Metallurgical & Materials Engg. from top 2nd NIT
GATE (All india exam for admission to Masters in Engg. institutes) qualified, Availed full Scholarship in M. Tech.

Work Exp. 13 years Consulting exp. in Steel Sector as process expert (Public Sector company) - 4 promotions (best possible in PSUs)
Vast exposure to steel industries in India, and one unit in Brasil , No International Exposure but quite often interaction with experts of various nationalities in the form of discussion with technology suppliers.

Working as Project lead/ Coordinator to lead a team ranging from 10 - 25 depending upon project. - 7 years in lead role, Point of interaction is mostly top executives in almost all projects.

Life Member of Institution of Engineers (India), Life Member of Indian Institute of Metals, Member of AIST, USA

Represented India in roundtable conference of BRIC countries in Brasil.
10 publications in various International and National conferences and Seminars
Co-Organiser in 6 National conferences/ Seminars

Enthusiast sports person. - Play Badminton Daily, Organise Company's tournaments for employees - Cricket, Badminton, and Table-tennis, As a executive club member have organised one Chess tournament.

Founded a registered NGO in 2013 for developing sports infrastructure in rural and remote areas. (Presently working in only three primary schools, looking forward to cover all district schools by 2019 in one of the districts of one of the states of India, UP).

In addition to present consultancy role, last year Management also entrusted me to lead an Art & Music school patronised by my Company. I feel fortunate for this additional responsibility because the school is an small organisation in itself with a turnover of about 12 - 15 lakhs INR (about 20,000 USD)- 17 faculty and about 200 students. In last one year, activities increased multiple fold and we are giving first ever increase in remuneration, this year, to faculties due to increased turnover of about 30%. More than income, the mood and spirit of school is very high, Going to organise a National event this December, first ever attempt by school....(There is so much to tell..)

Have Identified a solid disruptive and new business model for certain services in steel sector, based on my experience, So now looking for B-School for networking, possibility of nurturing the business idea, also possibility of getting partners in venture, some funding, and developing required soft skills for launching and running the venture in global locations in addition to India. If venture does not matures up at B school level, then looking for few years of consulting experience in my own field for which there are plenty matching profile in good consulting firms.

GMAT : Scheduled - Practice : Q49, and V30 - 35 (about 680-700) - I will target for higher score for sure
But please evaluate as if I get only 700 score. IR will be 6/8 and AWA 5 - 5.5 for sure.

School: (Fall 2019)
Dream : MIT Sloan, Stanford MSx,
Next tier : Cornell Johnson (one year),
Last tier : Babson college, Imperial College,
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.55
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[quote="MBAkarma"]Hello Kaps770

The contours of your profile look pretty solid. Acads (scholarship story), Work Ex (achievements), Extracurricular (impact) and Career Goals (realistic and organic) all seem thought out. You can read here on what factors to highlight in your written application here.
The challenges I see are 3- a) GMAT- aim for a higher GMAT for the likes of MIT at least. b) Execution- selecting the right stories. With an extensive experience you should be selective about what you are telling in your essays. c) You might be an outlier at some of these programs with 13+ years experience. Not a major challenge, but show how this is an advantage for the class.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Thanks a Lot Varun. I accept all three points. And good thing is that I can work on all three. Will appreciate if you can throw light on How much is impact of International exposure, particularly for MIT and Cornell.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi all,
It will be helpful if you guys could do my profile eval for Sloan .

I am 25 yrs old guy with 2.5 yrs exp in Pharma analytics/consulting . My credentials for X /XII and Grad are 88.4,80.2 and 65 (very less ) I know. Apart from acads, I was deeply involved in astronomy winning a few competitions in the school days.I am thinking to apply for Aug 2019 session.

GMAT score : 730

Thanks in advance.Appreciate it.

Regards,
Div
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Profile:
Nationality: USA
Ethnicity: African American Male
Languages: English (Native), Spanish (Conversational), Portuguese (Beginner)
Education: Bachelors in Business Administration, GPA 3.48 2016
Awards: Academic Excellence Award (Given to 1 student each major across university, I received it for accounting major)
GMAT : 710

Work Experience:
- 2 yrs @ Deloitte in their technology consulting practice. Leadership roles on projects, and proposals. 1 promotion analyst to consultant. I've been a mentor for 5+ new staff and led some office volunteering events, and started a pro bono consulting project
- 2 months @ Walmart Labs/Ecommerce as a product manager. Plan on applying at 1.5 yr mark.
- Internship GoldMan Sachs in middle office finance role

Extra- Curricular:
Undergrad - 2 yrs Non-Profit Consulting Club (1yr as a lead, 1 yr on the board), VP of Honors Business Society in inaugural yr, 1.5 yrs research assistant for org. behavior professor, 2 yrs D1 athlete (Walk-on, gained scholarship)
Postgrad - Local office leadership at work & started local non-profit consulting project in office and served as project manager.

Post-MBA goals:
Entrepreneurship, High Tech, VC, Impact focused consulting (ex. IDEO, Bridgespan, Bill & Melinda Gates)

Other Schools: Harvard, Stanford

Thinking about using MLT to help with application process. Not currently doing much extracurricular mostly focusing on self growth ex. Muy Thai, Travel, Music, Practicing languages etc. Will this hurt me? I was hoping the 2 yrs undergrad and 2 yrs post grad and goals would be enough for impact/extra stuff.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I am looking to apply to full time MBA at MIT Sloan, and would love to get feedback on what my chances are.

Undergrad: Chemical Engineering from US Top 3 Eng undergrad (not MIT), with concentration in Business Management
Post-undergrad: Graduate Certificate in Management Science and Engineering from Stanford
GPA: 3.32 (undergrad UC Berkeley), 3.93 (grad certificate from Stanford)
Work: 3 years work experience in a Leadership Development Program at Danaher Corporation (Biotech/Life Science Industry). Danaher also recruits MBA for MBA rotation program at MIT Sloan and other top MBA schools. Company is well-known for M&A and turnaround management. I did a commercial rotation, acquisition integration rotation, and new products (project management) rotation.
Extracurricular: Member of Global Shapers (Initiative from World Econ Forum) post-undergrad, VP at student-led consulting club in undergrad, and leadership position at other clubs in undergrad.
GMAT: 740 (Q49/V41), 97%percentile overall.

What are my chances to get into MIT Sloan full time MBA or other top MBA programs? Should I re-take GMAT? How should I focus on improving my profile?

Thanks in advance!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21   
Moderators:
Sloan and Fuqua Moderator
12 posts
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts