Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [13]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
HinaTabassum wrote:
I will be applying in R2. Right now, I'm freaking out about the GMAT exam I have in late October.

Your profile on the left says you got 770 on your first GMAT, it doesn't seem like there would be much point doing another, surely you'd be better off focusing on the other aspects of your application to make them the best you can?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
BNabs88 wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:
I will be applying in R2. Right now, I'm freaking out about the GMAT exam I have in late October.

Your profile on the left says you got 770 on your first GMAT, it doesn't seem like there would be much point doing another, surely you'd be better off focusing on the other aspects of your application to make them the best you can?

Her is a long and tragic story :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
BNabs88 wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:

As DigitsnLetters mentioned mine is a tragic story. The short version is that is a practice test score BNabs88 and I needed to input a GMAT score to add schools.

My actual test is in October and I am freaking out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos
HinaTabassum wrote:
BNabs88 wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:

As DigitsnLetters mentioned mine is a tragic story. The short version is that is a practice test score BNabs88 and I needed to input a GMAT score to add schools.

Ah okay, what I did was book in a GMAT before what I considered my "target" test in order to get an experience of it. It meant I could go along to the test centre and get the experience of doing the real test. I went in with the mindset that it was literally a free hit, my score wasn't going to matter, if it went well that would be a bonus and I would keep it, if I didn't get a high score I would cancel it and use it as a learning experience. I didn't get a score I would consider good enough to have kept, so I cancelled it, and just took away some lessons about timing etc and worked on putting those right for the "real" test date. I would highly recommend doing it that way if you can, it meant for my actual test a couple of weeks ago I was able to go in relaxed and put in place what I had learned
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
BNabs88 wrote:
HinaTabassum wrote:
BNabs88 wrote:

Ah okay, what I did was book in a GMAT before what I considered my "target" test in order to get an experience of it. It meant I could go along to the test centre and get the experience of doing the real test. I went in with the mindset that it was literally a free hit, my score wasn't going to matter, if it went well that would be a bonus and I would keep it, if I didn't get a high score I would cancel it and use it as a learning experience. I didn't get a score I would consider good enough to have kept, so I cancelled it, and just took away some lessons about timing etc and worked on putting those right for the "real" test date. I would highly recommend doing it that way if you can, it meant for my actual test a couple of weeks ago I was able to go in relaxed and put in place what I had learned

I would love to have a strategy like that, but I have limited funds and I also have to pay application fee for all the schools I am applying to. PKR and USD parity is as is very heavy on my pocket.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
May be a bit off-topic for GSB, but I have a firsthand experience of not doing well enough on gmat exam because of excessive stress, primarily due to placing too much weight on importance of GMAT result.

I did two Gmat tests last year. I was preparing for my first one like crazy over the period of three months (and by that I mean everyday practice and revision) and I was stressed and exhausted by the time I took my exam. I've got 720 that time, but I knew that I did some mistakes simply because I couldn't concentrate and was physically and mentally exhausted.

For my second exam, I wasn't preparing until the last two weeks before exam, I did super intense weekends session, then practice questions every day after work, and then took a week off for some hardcore revision and practice, like in good old uni days. As I went into my exam on Friday, after a whole week of preparation, everything was still fresh in my mind and I was in the zone. It all worked out pretty well for me.

So my advise is you should avoid overworking yourself and stressing too much about this exam, just plan your work and work your plan. Good luck!

HinaTabassum wrote:
BNabs88 wrote:

I would love to have a strategy like that, but I have limited funds and I also have to pay application fee for all the schools I am applying to. PKR and USD parity is as is very heavy on my pocket.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Send PM
+1 used that approach. Zero pressure test worked out well for me in the end.
BNabs88 wrote:

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I am going to keep these strategies in mind and try not to stress out or freak out. This is very important for me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Well, I guess everyone saw the email.

"
15 October through 14 November 2018: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. The MBA Program expects to interview approximately 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive an invitation from us between 15 October and 14 November. We will send Round 1 interview invitations once each weekday at 10:30 am Pacific Time (so no need to refresh your email all day).

If you have not received an interview invitation by 14 November, you will not be interviewed in this round.
"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Can't even imagine waiting until mid-november to know... :sad:

MV23 wrote:

"
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. The MBA Program expects to interview approximately 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive an invitation from us between 15 October and 14 November. We will send Round 1 interview invitations once each weekday at 10:30 am Pacific Time (so no need to refresh your email all day).

If you have not received an interview invitation by 14 November, you will not be interviewed in this round.
"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Indeed! :(
projectrory wrote:
Can't even imagine waiting until mid-november to know... :sad:

MV23 wrote:

"

"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [2]
Given Kudos: 133
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello fellow Round 1 applicants!

You should now see a "Provide New Information" section. You can provide up to 1,000 characters on your updated status. I'm speculating this would be useful if you recently won an award or was promoted after submitting your application. Directions are as follows:

If any important and relevant information has changed since you submitted your application, you may inform us here. Please understand, however, that we cannot guarantee to review information provided after the deadline.
Attachments

Stanford Round 1 Application Status.png
Stanford Round 1 Application Status.png [ 60.44 KiB | Viewed 7635 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: HBS '21 (S)
Send PM
just curious did anyone receive interview invite today from HBS? I didn't :cry: :( I am worried now that my Stanford chances are shut as well :cry: :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GSB usually invites 1000 a year correct out of over 8000 applicants? So it sounds like they will be sending out ~500 for R1? Could someone confirm this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Send PM
Not really, they will interview around 1000, but the class itself will be around 400-450 in total. The only two schools that have classes close to 1000 are HBS and CBS (as far as I know). Don’t let this bring your hopes down though!

bondtradercu wrote:
GSB usually invites 1000 a year correct out of over 8000 applicants? So it sounds like they will be sending out ~500 for R1? Could someone confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
BananaNation wrote:
Not really, they will interview around 1000, but the class itself will be around 400-450 in total. The only two schools that have classes close to 1000 are HBS and CBS (as far as I know). Don’t let this bring your hopes down though!

bondtradercu wrote:

I think what he said is correct though. Out of a total of ~1000 interviews, half should be in Round 1 or ~500 invites => 200-250 admission.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Send PM
My bad, I see it now thought bondtradercu meant 1000 admission offers

hupepak wrote:
BananaNation wrote:

bondtradercu wrote:

I think what he said is correct though. Out of a total of ~1000 interviews, half should be in Round 1 or ~500 invites => 200-250 admission.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yeah that's what I meant! 1000 interview invites.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts