GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Mar 2019, 16:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.73
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 05:11
Just received my invite. Cannot believe it!!!

Is there anyone interested in practicing interview together (take turns doing mock interviewing each other)? (PM me if you do)

I am based out of Asia, but my schedule is quite flexible.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 10:21
lordv wrote:
Just received my invite. Cannot believe it!!!

Is there anyone interested in practicing interview together (take turns doing mock interviewing each other)? (PM me if you do)

I am based out of Asia, but my schedule is quite flexible.

lordv

cdtz1990 and GEORGEKAPLAN may be interested in a mock interview.

MBA Chronicles | Interview Debriefs | Follow gmat_club on Instagram

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 23:03
Just received my invite!! To others waiting, do not give up hope. I had almost given up!

To others who have received an invite, do PM me if you want to mock interview each other. Thanks :)
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 23:08
WOW congratulations akshatg92 how does it feel to be an Indian shortlisted for Stanford? That is a big deal. Would love to know more about your profile and why you think you were picked.

akshatg92 wrote:
Just received my invite!! To others waiting, do not give up hope. I had almost given up!

To others who have received an invite, do PM me if you want to mock interview each other. Thanks :)

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B
Anyone available to mock interview each other this week?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2019, 07:18
Would love to do interview prep with other interviewees! Do PM me if this is of any interest.

Thanks
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2019, 23:41
akshatg92 wrote:
Would love to do interview prep with other interviewees! Do PM me if this is of any interest.

Thanks

akshatg92

Check this https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2233035

Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 16:49
2 more days....I'm not going to hear from them before the 6th am I?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.19

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 16:54
grabulasa wrote:

I feel the same now. Gotta assess my application carefully and give another shot..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HBS '21 (D)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Mar 2019, 19:53
akshatg92 wrote:

Congratulations. Well, I don't know if I can find any shred of hope within me.

Edit:Declined.

Originally posted by Kapidhwaj on 05 Mar 2019, 09:01.
Last edited by Kapidhwaj on 06 Mar 2019, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 12:01
grabulasa wrote:

I lost hope too :(

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 18:08
I just got an email saying that they are going to conduct a phone interview for me. I am a little surprised, since I don't live in a small market (although it isn't stocked full of GSB alums). They didn't request I travel either.

Has anyone interviewed via phone with an adcom? Is it better to call and see if I can travel to do an alum interview, since that seems to be the norm? Any expert knowledge is greatly appreciated.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 03:00
anon2019 wrote:
I just got an email saying that they are going to conduct a phone interview for me. I am a little surprised, since I don't live in a small market (although it isn't stocked full of GSB alums). They didn't request I travel either.

Has anyone interviewed via phone with an adcom? Is it better to call and see if I can travel to do an alum interview, since that seems to be the norm? Any expert knowledge is greatly appreciated.

anon2019

Following video might help you decide. Also, you can check some of the Stanford interview experience in this link.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 07:25
Are they gonna send out invites today or only rejections and waitlists?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 08:24
SarahSF wrote:
Are they gonna send out invites today or only rejections and waitlists?

In previous years they sent invites on the last day, so good luck!!!
MBA Section Director
V
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 12:30
Stanford DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 31 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:750 (Q49 V42), Industry: Computer Software, WE 126, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 38 minutes ago, from Mexico, GMAT:720 (Q48 V41), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 30, heard via: email
  • Denied, 41 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q49 V39), GPA: 3.33, Industry: Computer Software, WE 96, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 43 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q48 V40), GPA: 3.6, Industry: Entertainment and Sports, WE 48, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Denied
06 Mar, 2019
06 Mar 2019, 13:37
Private, GMAT: 710, Q45, V41; GPA: 3.04; WE: 108 months; United States, CA; via Portal_update
Oh well! [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 14:30

• Denied, 7 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:660 (Q45 V35), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Commercial Banking, WE 115, heard via: email
  • Denied, 52 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q45 V41), GPA: 3.04, Industry: Military & Defense, WE 108, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 15:30

• Denied, 15 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q49 V40), GPA: 3.7, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 62, heard via: email
  • Denied, 16 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q48 V38), Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 45, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:45
Not sure if you already got the situation figured out, but my gut tells me that if they want to do a phone interview with you, they already know they can't match you. Even in markets where there are lots of GSB alums, it can be an issue because 1) people have to volunteer proactively to be an interviewer, so the number of people in the pool is much smaller than the overall number of alums, and 2) people travel a lot, etc.

I think you could offer to travel THERE to meet the adcom personally, but I feel like they already know that it needs to be them who interviews you.

Keep us posted on what happens, and best of luck!

anon2019 wrote:

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.67

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 07:41
Does anyone have any insight or thoughts into how much the interview matters with GSB now? I know that with DB people thought it was a pretty low bar to clear but wondering how it is with the new dean.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2019, 07:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 222 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mvictor, MV23

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap