GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 06:30

Fuqua EA Calls Expected Soon:

Join us in the chat | track the decision tracker | See forum posts/summary

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 12:43
After endless reviews (and some stress over one of my LORs), application is in for R1!
Intern
Intern
Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2018, 22:46
What do folks think about including college internships in the employment section? Has there been official word on this? I have five years experience out of college, and don't want to include my internships after freshman and sophomore year.

Edit: Found this old thread, where folks decided to only put things relevant to their app. I think I might take that approach.
forum/collection-of-valuable-content-from-stanford-class-of-2017-discussion-203777.html
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 01:00
Application sent, now the waiting game begins. Does anyone know when interview invites will be sent out?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 04:16
Application all submitted! I think I read through each section about 15 times due to paranoia about typos or silly mistakes
BSchool Forum Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V50
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 04:23
I will be submitting mine in R2 and I am all nervous.

If you can dream it, you can do it.

Practice makes you perfect.

Kudos are appreciated.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 04:36
Same here mate, checked it million times before submitting. I know that I've done enough checking when I start correcting "s" to "z" in certain words to "AmericaniZe" it :-D Or notice double spaces, not sure why I keep getting them so often...

BNabs88 wrote:
Application all submitted! I think I read through each section about 15 times due to paranoia about typos or silly mistakes
BSchool Forum Moderator
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 04:38
BananaNation wrote:
Same here mate, checked it million times before submitting. I know that I've done enough checking when I start correcting "s" to "z" in certain words to "AmericaniZe" it :-D Or notice double spaces, not sure why I keep getting them so often...

BNabs88 wrote:

Same here. All my life, I have used the British spelling.

Kudos are appreciated.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 05:48
I think they'll email us until the end of the week, but here's the info on their website

Interview Schedule
For Rounds 1 and 2, we distribute interview invitations in a four- to five-week window. We will send you a more specific timetable after your deadline. For Round 3, we begin inviting candidates to interview approximately a week after the application deadline and continue issuing invitations until a week before the decision notification date for that round.

Round 1: mid October to late November - so basically 1.5m of anxiety
Round 2: early February to mid March
Round 3: mid-April to early May

BananaNation wrote:
Application sent, now the waiting game begins. Does anyone know when interview invites will be sent out?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 07:08
You are right, just checked last years thread and they announced interview notification window on September 20th, which I think was the next day after the deadline, so hopefully we will hear something by the end of this week.

projectrory wrote:
I think they'll email us until the end of the week, but here's the info on their website

Interview Schedule
For Rounds 1 and 2, we distribute interview invitations in a four- to five-week window. We will send you a more specific timetable after your deadline. For Round 3, we begin inviting candidates to interview approximately a week after the application deadline and continue issuing invitations until a week before the decision notification date for that round.

BananaNation wrote:
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 07:10
Submitted last night as well!!
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 07:53
One other thing to keep in mind is that they really do continue to send out interview invites until the LAST DAY of that window. I've had several clients lose hope, only to receive an invite on the final day and ultimately be accepted. So just remember during this anxious time that it ain't over till it's over!

BananaNation wrote:
You are right, just checked last years thread and they announced interview notification window on September 20th, which I think was the next day after the deadline, so hopefully we will hear something by the end of this week.

projectrory wrote:

Interview Schedule

BananaNation wrote:

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 09:29
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
One other thing to keep in mind is that they really do continue to send out interview invites until the LAST DAY of that window. I've had several clients lose hope, only to receive an invite on the final day and ultimately be accepted. So just remember during this anxious time that it ain't over till it's over!

Don't they have to send out decision early december? How come some people get interviews earlier versus later? Do the people get interviews later stand at a disadvantage since they already decide to accept peeps that interview earlier?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 09:34
Stanford uses its alumni network around the world to interview applicants -- my assumption is that there is obviously A LOT of behind the scenes logistical work that goes into planning all of that (they assign an alumni to contact for each applicant who gets an interview) and so it's just a process that is drawn out. I just mentioned in my comment that my clients who were interviewed on the last day got in, so there is definitely not a disadvantage to going at the end. I don't think they make ANY final decisions until everyone they're considering has been interviewed.

My clients found out that they were accepted on Dec 12 last year.

Hope that helps.

bondtradercu wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Don't they have to send out decision early december? How come some people get interviews earlier versus later? Do the people get interviews later stand at a disadvantage since they already decide to accept peeps that interview earlier?

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 09:36
Decisions for R1 go out on Dec 13th - deadlines are here: https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/programs/m ... /deadlines

bondtradercu wrote:
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 10:31
Little late on this thread, but checking in for R1 - good luck everyone!
BSchool Forum Moderator
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 10:50
All the very best to everyone applying in R1.

Kudos are appreciated.

Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 11:26
The struggle was real. I made it in for Round 1!!!

I'm going to put a quote out there:
Trust yourself, and trust the process. No matter what happens, you’ll be able to feel very proud that you did your best
BSchool Forum Moderator
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 11:30
I will be applying in R2. Right now, I'm freaking out about the GMAT exam I have in late October.

Kudos are appreciated.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 13:34
How come after the deadline has passed (11AM PST today), I am still able to see the unsubmit button in my application page? Can anyone else see it?
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2018, 13:43
I see it too.
bwa28sfu wrote:
How come after the deadline has passed (11AM PST today), I am still able to see the unsubmit button in my application page? Can anyone else see it?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 18 Sep 2018, 13:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 116 posts ] 

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap