Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72891 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
alphaAbhishek123 wrote:
I have been waitlisted. :( Anyone know anything about the conversion of the waitlist for EA?

Were you waitlisted with or without an interview? My waitlist letter says that they need to assess my candidacy further through an interview even though I already had an interview.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Duke '21 (WL)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
GMATAspire290 wrote:
alphaAbhishek123 wrote:
I have been waitlisted. :( Anyone know anything about the conversion of the waitlist for EA?

Were you waitlisted with or without an interview? My waitlist letter says that they need to assess my candidacy further through an interview even though I already had an interview.

Same for me. I guess that means we were not up to the mark in the interview? Looks more like a ding than a waitlist to me.

Sent from my MI 5 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
NikhilBansal91 wrote:
GMATAspire290 wrote:
alphaAbhishek123 wrote:

Same for me. I guess that means we were not up to the mark in the interview? Looks more like a ding than a waitlist to me.

Sent from my MI 5 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Waitlisted with an interview, but ya they want me to interview again. I would like to think that this isn't a ding.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
I am curious that any folks get scholarships? If so, how was it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q155 V165
GPA: 3.87
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Kudos
ABGT800 wrote:

I was awarded a Forte Fellowship. I got the notification on the status page/offer letter.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Send PM
howdytex2 wrote:
ABGT800 wrote:

I was awarded a Forte Fellowship. I got the notification on the status page/offer letter.

howdytex2 , what does the Forte Fellowship cover? And did you mention somewhere in your application that you'd be interested in this fellowship?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
ABGT800 wrote:

I got a merit scholarship!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Duke '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Oscar73 wrote:
ABGT800 wrote:

Also got a nice merit scholarship--total surprise but a big help!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
mradamsmith wrote:
Oscar73 wrote:
ABGT800 wrote:

Also got a nice merit scholarship--total surprise but a big help!

Seriously though! Every little bit helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q155 V165
GPA: 3.87
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
MsInvBanker wrote:
howdytex2 wrote:
ABGT800 wrote:

howdytex2 , what does the Forte Fellowship cover? And did you mention somewhere in your application that you'd be interested in this fellowship?

It is a scholarship for women in business. Includes some nice perks like Fuqua pays for me to go to a pre-MBA conference, plus some exclusive networking events. Here is some more information https://www.fortefoundation.org/site/PageServer?pagename=mba_fellows

I did not mention it in my app. However, I did mention I would want to be involved in their women in business club and I also was a part of the Forté MBA Launch Program last year, which most likely helped. Most of my extracurriculars were geared toward the topic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Send PM
howdytex2 wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
howdytex2 wrote:

It is a scholarship for women in business. Includes some nice perks like Fuqua pays for me to go to a pre-MBA conference, plus some exclusive networking events. Here is some more information https://www.fortefoundation.org/site/PageServer?pagename=mba_fellows

I did not mention it in my app. However, I did mention I would want to be involved in their women in business club and I also was a part of the Forté MBA Launch Program last year, which most likely helped. Most of my extracurriculars were geared toward the topic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I am aware of the Fellowship. I want it for myself too. But from what I understand, the scholarship amount that goes with this fellowship differs from school to school. That is what I was asking about.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '21 (A)
Send PM
ABGT800 wrote:

I got a decent merit scholarship too. I wonder if there is a way to apply for the other scholarships such as forte on top of the merit.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '21 (A)
Send PM
Is there a Facebook group to connect with others admitted in Early Action? Or should we just start one?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40
GRE 1: Q160 V165
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
riedk93 wrote:
Is there a Facebook group to connect with others admitted in Early Action? Or should we just start one?

I just got an email for an official group from Fuqua.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Send PM
Kudos