GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 06:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Oct 2018
Posts: 13
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 09:28
Narenn wrote:
Should we have a chat room to discuss interview invites updates?


Yes please

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Oct 2018
Posts: 13
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 09:29
Just got a response from the adcom. She mentioned there isn't a specific time but just that you will.be notified by end of day.

Reiterated that not recieving an email doesn't mean a ding or waitlist. It could also be a case where after the interviews, you could still receive an interview invite.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7113
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 09:30
1
KK1029 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Should we have a chat room to discuss interview invites updates?


Yes please

Posted from my mobile device


Ok.. Pls join chat room3 https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat3.php?fl=menu
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Nov 2016
Posts: 56
Location: Morocco
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 14:25
Just received the interview invite!
Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Apr 2017
Posts: 13
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 14:31
Just received my invite as well!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 48
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.53
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 14:59
Just received mine also.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2598
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 15:30
Duke Fuqua DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Denied, 4 minutes ago, from Pakistan, GPA: 2.84, Industry: Real Estate, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 22 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:750 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.3, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 40, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 40 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q47 V42), GPA: 3.4, Industry: Non-Profit and Government, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 54 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q44 V42), GPA: 3.52, Industry: Consulting, WE 64, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 56 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:690, Industry: Manufacturing, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 2598
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 16:30
Duke Fuqua DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Invited to interview, 31 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q46 V40), GPA: 3.53, Industry: Accounting, WE 54, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 37 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:690 (Q47 V37), Industry: Retail Banking, WE 132, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 42 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q49 V40), GPA: 3.2, Industry: Consulting, WE 36, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 53 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:670 (Q45 V46), GPA: 3.25, Industry: Retail Banking, WE 108, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 59 minutes ago, from Mexico, GPA: 3.83, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 16:53
Sooooo, I know that I may grasping at anything looking for a sign but if I've already interviewed during the open interview period and my application was already deemed as a "deny", then they wouldn't have sent the following email, right?

"Thank you for submitting an application to the Daytime MBA program at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.

Our system indicates that you have already scheduled or completed your Admissions interview. If our records are incorrect, please let us know by emailing our team at application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu. You will receive your final Admissions decision on December 13, 2018."


I am trying to manage my expectations and am hoping that they would instead just send me a thank you for trying email if I am going to get denied. I am not going to survive the rest of this wait....
McCombs Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 56
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q155 V165
GPA: 3.87
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 17:20
1
Jkim56 wrote:
Sooooo, I know that I may grasping at anything looking for a sign but if I've already interviewed during the open interview period and my application was already deemed as a "deny", then they wouldn't have sent the following email, right?

"Thank you for submitting an application to the Daytime MBA program at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.

Our system indicates that you have already scheduled or completed your Admissions interview. If our records are incorrect, please let us know by emailing our team at application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu. You will receive your final Admissions decision on December 13, 2018."


I am trying to manage my expectations and am hoping that they would instead just send me a thank you for trying email. I am not going to survive the rest of this wait....


I wouldn't read into it. They are not at the point in the process where they are doing final reviews. As explained to me by an admissions officer, the process is such:
1. One person reviews the application - decides to interview.
2. If a deny, a second person reviews the application and decides if they agree with the first person's decision.
3. Interviews are conducted.
4. The second person reads your file with your interview transcript and comes up with a recommendation.
5. They present the recommendation to the Admissions panel who decides the final fate.

If you have already interviewed during early action, both readers read your interview report. You are already at Step 4, but your application has likely have not gone to the committee yet.

I got that same email during Early Action. Although I got accepted, it's anyone's game at this point and you'll find out in December. I hope this was helpful!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Aug 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 17:50
2
Is this is a denial or a waitlist?

November 08, 2018

Dear :

Thank you for submitting an application to the Daytime MBA program at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.

We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly.

Thank you again for your interest in the Daytime MBA program!

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
Duke University
The Fuqua School of Business
LBS, Yale, & Tuck Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Posts: 51
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 19:14
lolpopo1 wrote:
Is this is a denial or a waitlist?

November 08, 2018

Dear :

Thank you for submitting an application to the Daytime MBA program at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.

We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly.

Thank you again for your interest in the Daytime MBA program!

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
Duke University
The Fuqua School of Business


lolpopo do you mind sharing your stats?
_________________
.
LBS, Yale, & Tuck Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Posts: 51
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 19:16
Invited to interview!
_________________
.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Aug 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 19:22
AUSJ wrote:
lolpopo1 wrote:
Is this is a denial or a waitlist?

November 08, 2018

Dear :

Thank you for submitting an application to the Daytime MBA program at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.

We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly.

Thank you again for your interest in the Daytime MBA program!

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
Duke University
The Fuqua School of Business


lolpopo do you mind sharing your stats?


Posted from my mobile device

FROM - India
TOEFL - 115
GMAT - 710
WE - 24 MONTHS (ON AUGUST 2018) I'm still working so it is more now. This is in an Fortune 500 company. I'm a Software Developer.
Profile - I have a lot of volunteering experience and management type of experience. In college and in my company (where I lead an organization of around 2000 people apart from my job. This is more of a side thing where we organize events etc.)

I was kind of counting on DUKE. I believe my Work Ex is too low. Is there any other reason I probably got a reject? I shall apply again next year and want to be prepared.

Any suggestions will help me a lot. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Oct 2018
Posts: 13
Location: United Arab Emirates
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 21:34
Invited to interview ! Phewwww !

Any interview tips ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Apr 2017
Posts: 12
Location: India
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 23:51
lolpopo1 wrote:
AUSJ wrote:
lolpopo1 wrote:
Is this is a denial or a waitlist?

November 08, 2018

Dear :

Thank you for submitting an application to the Daytime MBA program at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.

We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly.

Thank you again for your interest in the Daytime MBA program!

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
Duke University
The Fuqua School of Business


lolpopo do you mind sharing your stats?


Posted from my mobile device

FROM - India
TOEFL - 115
GMAT - 710
WE - 24 MONTHS (ON AUGUST 2018) I'm still working so it is more now. This is in an Fortune 500 company. I'm a Software Developer.
Profile - I have a lot of volunteering experience and management type of experience. In college and in my company (where I lead an organization of around 2000 people apart from my job. This is more of a side thing where we organize events etc.)

I was kind of counting on DUKE. I believe my Work Ex is too low. Is there any other reason I probably got a reject? I shall apply again next year and want to be prepared.

Any suggestions will help me a lot. Thank you.


Hi! This was my profile last year, and I got dinged from everywhere I applied. I got feedback from the adcom that as an Indian my GMAT was on the lower side and that I had low work ex (they were looking for people who had at least one promotion/led a team/something similar)
I took the GMAT again, and I reapplied this year with better success.
Don't lose hope! Good luck for next year!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Aug 2017
Posts: 12
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 01:10
I got the exact same email from Fuqua. I am guessing it is the standard response sent to everyone not invited to the interview. So, perhaps it may not be a waitlist.

lolpopo1 wrote:
Is this is a denial or a waitlist?

November 08, 2018

Dear :

Thank you for submitting an application to the Daytime MBA program at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.

We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly.

Thank you again for your interest in the Daytime MBA program!

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
Duke University
The Fuqua School of Business
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Apr 2018
Posts: 14
Location: India
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 04:04
Do they ever reach to anyone for an interview after sending them this email?

lolpopo1 wrote:
Is this is a denial or a waitlist?

November 08, 2018

Dear :

Thank you for submitting an application to the Daytime MBA program at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.

We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly.

Thank you again for your interest in the Daytime MBA program!

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
Duke University
The Fuqua School of Business
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 May 2017
Posts: 37
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 04:53
1
bachmanity91 wrote:
Do they ever reach to anyone for an interview after sending them this email?

lolpopo1 wrote:
Is this is a denial or a waitlist?

November 08, 2018

Dear :

Thank you for submitting an application to the Daytime MBA program at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.

We regret to inform you that you have not been invited to interview; please note that this is not a final decision on your application. The interview invitation process is highly selective. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round. If your interview status should change, our office will notify you directly.

Thank you again for your interest in the Daytime MBA program!

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
Duke University
The Fuqua School of Business


lolpopo1, bachmanity91 This is neither a denial, nor a waitlist. You should read the email as-is.

All they are saying is that they aren't going to interview you just yet. They might send out an interview invite later on in this round.
If they don't, then you'll get an email on R1 decision date. You'll either get waitlisted or denied.

I got the same email on interview notification day in the Early Action (EA) round. While I was not interviewed in EA, I eventually got waitlisted. Now, I got the interview invite along with other R1 folks.

My suggestion is that you move on to R2 applications/interview prep for other schools.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 May 2018
Posts: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 20:56
Congratulations to everyone invited for interview.

The Duke application instructions web page states that for non-hub locations, the interview date range for round 1 is December 1-2, 2018. Does this mean that we will only be able to set up interviews on these two days?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 09 Nov 2018, 20:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  19    Next  [ 370 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: RicAssassin, vinayakvaish






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne