Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
amazingguy wrote:
I am really disappointed with Duke in that they played the yield game. The number of people waitlisted is just way too high. Based on my observation, it is particularly high in R2. Future applicants, please take note. If you are from a competitive pool of applicants, ensure that you apply in EA or R1.

I totally understand being upset about being rejected but if you look at things objectively, duke is one school that certainly doesn't try to pump up their ranking through the admissions process. Least correlation between gmat/GPA and admit rate of any top school. Most likely any school period. Seen so many 750+ GMATs that got rejected. At the end of the day you have to remember 3/4 people don't get in.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
I understand your point. But even objectively speaking, if you look at the decision tracker, Duke seems to have the highest waitlist ratio among top 15 schools. This seems to be an indication of trying to increase yield. Of course, the Gmatclub data sample might not be the representation of the overall situation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Duke '21 (WA)
Send PM
Kudos
amazingguy wrote:
I understand your point. But even objectively speaking, if you look at the decision tracker, Duke seems to have the highest waitlist ratio among top 15 schools. This seems to be an indication of trying to increase yield. Of course, the Gmatclub data sample might not be the representation of the overall situation.

amazingguy
You make a good point and I totally get your frustration. But its worth it to remember that Duke's process is a bit different in that people who don't get an interview invite immediately after application submission by the interview invite deadline tend to mark their statuses as "waitlisted" so the # of waitlisted students on GMATClub may actually be seriously inflated. Just saying!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Duke '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
amazingguy wrote:

Totally understand the frustration. However, this has been a popular conspiracy theory among forum members for a while but it is worth repeating: yield does NOT play a factor in rankings. Hard to see why schools would obsess over yield when a) it leaves people like you frustrated and b) it doesn't help their rankings at all.

Interested to hear an argument to the contrary...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 3: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.53
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Like in R2 Duke started calling people the Friday (March 15) before the Monday (March 18) decision release so it'll probably be the same for R3 so we should start hearing R3 decisions in two days
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
eton123 wrote:
Like in R2 Duke started calling people the Friday (March 15) before the Monday (March 18) decision release so it'll probably be the same for R3 so we should start hearing R3 decisions in two days

Here's hoping I can get off the waitlist!!! Fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone in round 3!

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [2]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Duke Fuqua MBA Admisions Team on Careers Post MBA, Scholarships and More

In this interview with GyanOne Universal, Shari Hubert (Associate Dean of Admissions at Duke University) and Dan McCleary (Assistant Dean of EMBA and One Year Masters Programs) discuss multiple topics of high relevance to potential Fuqua applicants. These include their insights into Fuqua culture, what Fuqua looks for in MBA applicants, jobs for international candidates at Fuqua, the Fuqua MMS and Duke MEMP programs, and of course, much more.

After going through this interview, you will feel not just a few kwa, but indeed many kwa to want to attend this outstanding school and program. There, and now we’ve taught you how to pronounce the school’s name too!

Duke Fuqua MBA Admissions

This interview was first published on the GyanOne Blog

Originally posted by GyanOne on 30 Jul 2019, 22:18.
Last edited by GyanOne on 23 Apr 2020, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I did apply in R2 for 2019 intake and got dinged without interview. Now I am considering to reapply in EA round for 2020 intake.

Any good Samaritans here, either admitted students or consultants, could spare few minutes to provide a feedback on my previous year essays and/or resume?

Unfortunately all you get is good karma points for your time (and a Kudos from me). Please let me know?

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Hi,
Could any current student confirm whether Duke Fuqua admits candidates, who already hold an advanced degree in management from India, for their Daytime MBA (NOT accelerated )?

Haas and Tuck mention this on their website whereas Duke has no mention of this.

Thank You
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hi,

Does anyone know how flexible are the interviewers during the open interview period.
I've got an email from fuqua stating that the interviewer will email me and discuss on a mutually agreeable time and date.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
piyush1995 wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know how flexible are the interviewers during the open interview period.
I've got an email from fuqua stating that the interviewer will email me and discuss on a mutually agreeable time and date.

Share it in the fresh 2021 intake class of 2023 thread.

Also, they are very flexible
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72879 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Duke Fuqua Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Duke Fuqua Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Duke Fuqua Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Duke Fuqua Forum to dive into all things related to Duke Fuqua's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts