GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 17:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.54
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 08:43
chakraaayan wrote:
Congratulations to all those who got EA admits!

I got waitlisted without an interview in Early Action. In my decision page, the adcom said that they couldn't take a decision without an interview.
I'm guessing this means that they will interview me along with R1 applicants.

Anyone else in the same boat?


Me too! I don't know when they will send out the next interview invite. I hope they send it out ASAP.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 May 2017
Posts: 29
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2018, 21:46
akshat.sandh wrote:
chakraaayan wrote:
Congratulations to all those who got EA admits!

I got waitlisted without an interview in Early Action. In my decision page, the adcom said that they couldn't take a decision without an interview.
I'm guessing this means that they will interview me along with R1 applicants.

Anyone else in the same boat?


Me. Did you get a date ?

Posted from my mobile device


Nope, no date yet.

R1 interview invite date is November 8, so I'm guessing they'll send out interview invites to waitlisted people as well.
And yes, seems like Fuqua wants to interview everyone on the waitlist, even if the applicants have already interviewed.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40
GRE 1: Q160 V165
GPA: 3.39
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 10:17
1
Does any admitted student have check-marks for having provided official transcripts or test scores? I've sent mine and and would've thought that was confirmed by now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Schools: Duke '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 12:04
GGMASDASD wrote:
Does any admitted student have check-marks for having provided official transcripts or test scores? I've sent mine and and would've thought that was confirmed by now.


Mine are not confirmed either, I wouldn't worry about it. They are busy! Do you know what "credential verification" means? Thinking it might be generic or have to do with my professional licenses. Does anybody know when we are expected to receive and mailed admissions packet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Oct 2016
Posts: 26
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.19
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2018, 23:06
Hey guys,

When do we expect the interview invites for round 1 to go out?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Nov 2016
Posts: 50
Location: Morocco
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 00:37
Dark_Horse wrote:
Hey guys,

When do we expect the interview invites for round 1 to go out?


November 8th
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40
GRE 1: Q160 V165
GPA: 3.39
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 10:46
mradamsmith wrote:
GGMASDASD wrote:
Does any admitted student have check-marks for having provided official transcripts or test scores? I've sent mine and and would've thought that was confirmed by now.


Mine are not confirmed either, I wouldn't worry about it. They are busy! Do you know what "credential verification" means? Thinking it might be generic or have to do with my professional licenses. Does anybody know when we are expected to receive and mailed admissions packet?


Credentials verification I believe is the background check. We will get an email at some point to start that process but don't need to do anything until then. I got my admissions packet yesterday, not much to it. A cardboard VR kind of thing and some postcards.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 May 2017
Posts: 28
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2018, 09:55
Anyone going to the Weekend for Women coming up this weekend? I'll be interviewing then - they have an open interviewing window. It doesn't mean I have been selected to interview, just that I can submit one when on campus in case they do decide to move forward with my application... A bit unclear on how any of it all works, but I'm excited and nervous.
McCombs Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 50
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q155 V165
GPA: 3.87
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2018, 11:30
1
thinmint wrote:
Anyone going to the Weekend for Women coming up this weekend? I'll be interviewing then - they have an open interviewing window. It doesn't mean I have been selected to interview, just that I can submit one when on campus in case they do decide to move forward with my application... A bit unclear on how any of it all works, but I'm excited and nervous.


I'll be there! Yes, it's similar to as if you interviewed as I did during the open interview period in September/Early October. It saves you the pain of having to wait for an interview invite later in the Round. So, if you applied Round 1, you won't get any invite on November 8. Instead, your application will be considered complete and you will get your decision on the decision date.

See you this weekend!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 May 2017
Posts: 28
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2018, 11:39
howdytex2 wrote:
thinmint wrote:
Anyone going to the Weekend for Women coming up this weekend? I'll be interviewing then - they have an open interviewing window. It doesn't mean I have been selected to interview, just that I can submit one when on campus in case they do decide to move forward with my application... A bit unclear on how any of it all works, but I'm excited and nervous.


I'll be there! Yes, it's similar to as if you interviewed as I did during the open interview period in September/Early October. It saves you the pain of having to wait for an interview invite later in the Round. So, if you applied Round 1, you won't get any invite on November 8. Instead, your application will be considered complete and you will get your decision on the decision date.

See you this weekend!


Awesome, thanks for the clarification! I see you were already accepted to Fuqua - congrats! I'm assuming you applied Early Action? Looking forward to the upcoming weekend!
McCombs Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 50
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q155 V165
GPA: 3.87
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2018, 12:37
thinmint wrote:
howdytex2 wrote:
thinmint wrote:
Anyone going to the Weekend for Women coming up this weekend? I'll be interviewing then - they have an open interviewing window. It doesn't mean I have been selected to interview, just that I can submit one when on campus in case they do decide to move forward with my application... A bit unclear on how any of it all works, but I'm excited and nervous.


I'll be there! Yes, it's similar to as if you interviewed as I did during the open interview period in September/Early October. It saves you the pain of having to wait for an interview invite later in the Round. So, if you applied Round 1, you won't get any invite on November 8. Instead, your application will be considered complete and you will get your decision on the decision date.

See you this weekend!


Awesome, thanks for the clarification! I see you were already accepted to Fuqua - congrats! I'm assuming you applied Early Action? Looking forward to the upcoming weekend!


Thank you! Yes, I applied early action. I'm attending this weekend as I've actually never been to campus. I was supposed to visit when the hurricane hit. I'm excited to experience the school!
McCombs Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2018
Posts: 50
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q155 V165
GPA: 3.87
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2018, 12:38
GGMASDASD wrote:
Does any admitted student have check-marks for having provided official transcripts or test scores? I've sent mine and and would've thought that was confirmed by now.


I have my test score confirmed and one of my transcripts confirmed. (Updated today).
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Jul 2017
Posts: 6
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.44
WE: Research (Other)
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 11:30
Congrats to all the EA admits and good luck to anyone applying in the later rounds. I got in at EA and meant to post in the forum sooner. If anyone has any questions or thinks I can be of some help feel free to reach out. The forums were incredibly helpful to me throughout the applications process.

Just for a couple plugs, I used EMPOWER GMAT and Applicant Lab and highly recommend both!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Location: United Arab Emirates
Schools: Duke '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 08:46
1
Any idea what time tomorrow the notifications will be out ?

Posted from my mobile device
LBS, Yale, & Tuck Thread Master
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 19:54
1
KK1029 wrote:
Any idea what time tomorrow the notifications will be out ?

Posted from my mobile device



Second this. Will they release at midnight?
_________________

MY MBA Journey
https://fromaus2mba.wordpress.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jun 2018
Posts: 2
Location: United States
Schools: Sloan '21 (D)
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 07:55
Not midnight, then; any idea when this should come out?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.52
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 07:59
Reapplicant here - my interview invite didn't come until about 9pm EST on the interview decision date last year, so it really could be any time.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Feb 2017
Posts: 189
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 08:05
Where else did you apply besides Duke?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jun 2018
Posts: 2
Location: United States
Schools: Sloan '21 (D)
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 08:12
1
That's unfortunate.... but better to know!
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5797
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 08:12
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 08 Nov 2018, 08:12

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 199 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Duke Full Time MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MsInvBanker, mspmet



cron
Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.