Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '21 (S)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Tepper Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Dear Soumya,

Please find my analysis of your profile based on my experience of providing admission consulting assistance to applicants who made it to Tepper in the last few years.
GMAT : Lower than Average
Work Experience : Good – both in terms of volume as well as associated brands
Undergrad : Extremely good
Extra curricular : Average

While a good GPA and impactful work stints are definite plusses in your profile, you will need to compensate below par GMAT score with a very well-crafted application that brings out differentiation at both personal as well professional level. Consulting as a goal is definitely a logical career path for you. However, you need to be more specific by stating what excites you about consulting, what sort of consulting assignments and with what kind of firms are you looking to get involved with. It can not be left open ended and upto interpretation.

CMU as an University focusses a lot on latest tech. So, I will request you to consider how you can give flavor of tech to both your past and present, as well as roles you might take up in future.
Feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com /+919701215544 in case you need specific assistance with regards to the application.

Cheers and Best of Luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 212 [0]
Given Kudos: 442
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Tepper Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello experts,

Please help me evaluate my profile for tepper mba.
Xth - 9.8 cgpa
Xii - 86% ( aggregate)
Cgpa - 9.02 ( vit, Vellore)
GMAT - 690 (q50, v32) awa-6 ir-6
Age:26 Indian Male in Telecommunication and software development.

Company: Qualcomm.
Years of experience : 3+
Projects i worked on: Bose bar, audi, Volkswagen, continental, telit, gemalto, reliance jiofy.
My area of work is to optimize the performance of chipset. I have frequent conversation from usa. My role is to supplement people in China and USA. I am part of a small team in india as most of my team is in USA and China.
Got 5 awards, consistent performance bonus and stock shares along with a promotion in 2017.
Frequent interaction with people in USA and Shanghai ( China)
Contributions in linux open source code aurora community.
Working on a research on Quantum computing and encryption.
Mentored two-three people who are new recruits.

Novelist, published a book on spy thriller- got acclaims across India and dubai/Israel. The book got selected by National libraries of India.

Published an anthology about notions of living in association with 12 known authors across India.

Published blogs and opeds in digital media- yourstory and youthkiawaaz.

Participated and secured 7th position all India in ibm bluemix hackathon in 2016.

My technical answers on Quora have 7-8k views.

National level volleyball player- 2007-2008

Have a family business on agriculture. I help by suggesting changes and introducing modern agri techniques. A recent initiative to plant trees in barren land won appreciation by bihar government in 2018.

Work for community benefits and economical suggestions in my leisure time to my family business that helps maintain food and family of 200 members.

My aim is to change my carrier path to digital business and strategy and build on that experience for an entrepreneurial venture in agrotech business.

Cmu's key advantage is the interdisciplinary approach towards mba. And with a technical bend i think cmu would be a best deal to achieve these goals.

Is it a good to go profile? Anyways I am prepared to improvise in a year on various fronts but as of now i am planning to apply with this particular profile.

Please suggest your views
Regards,
Rishav

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rish2708 wrote:
Hello experts,

Xth - 9.8 cgpa
Xii - 86% ( aggregate)

Projects i worked on: Bose bar, audi, Volkswagen, continental, telit, gemalto, reliance jiofy.
My area of work is to optimize the performance of chipset. I have frequent conversation from usa. My role is to supplement people in China and USA. I am part of a small team in india as most of my team is in USA and China.
Got 5 awards, consistent performance bonus and stock shares along with a promotion in 2017.

Novelist, published a book on spy thriller- got acclaims across India and dubai/Israel. The book got selected by National libraries of India.

Published an anthology about notions of living in association with 12 known authors across India.

Participated and secured 7th position all India in ibm bluemix hackathon in 2016.

Have a family business on agriculture. I help by suggesting changes and introducing modern agri techniques. A recent initiative to plant trees in barren land won appreciation by bihar government in 2018.

Work for community benefits and economical suggestions in my leisure time to my family business that helps maintain food and family of 200 members.

My aim is to change my carrier path to digital business and strategy and build on that experience for an entrepreneurial venture in agrotech business.

Cmu's key advantage is the interdisciplinary approach towards mba. And with a technical bend i think cmu would be a best deal to achieve these goals.

Is it a good to go profile? Anyways I am prepared to improvise in a year on various fronts but as of now i am planning to apply with this particular profile.

Regards,
Rishav

Hi Rishav,

A few points here:
1. Your work experience sounds good but I can not make out if you are only doing intensely technical work or are also involved on the business side ?
2. Your GMAT score is low for Tepper. You should retake it before you apply.
3. Your extra-curriculars are differentiated, which is always a good thing. I hope the spelling of career is only a typo error.
4. Lastly, what are your goals?

If you are able to increase your GMAT score this year before R2, then you should go ahead and apply.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
rish2708 wrote:
Hello experts,

Xth - 9.8 cgpa
Xii - 86% ( aggregate)

Regards,
Rishav

Hi Rishav,

A few points here:
1. Your work experience sounds good but I can not make out if you are only doing intensely technical work or are also involved on the business side ?
3. Your extra-curriculars are differentiated, which is always a good thing. I hope the spelling of career is only a typo error.

If you are able to increase your GMAT score this year before R2, then you should go ahead and apply.

Thanks MBADecoder for the profile evaluation. Yes sorry the career is misspelt.

And for the queries:
1) I am into core technical field at Qualcomm. I am not directly involved in a business setup. But i have been involved in some projects that have brought much business to Qualcomm. And this work is coupled with mentoring juniors and associates.

2) my long term goal is for entrepreneurship into agrotech but since I don't possess any knowledge of digital business, I plan to explore digital marketing/abalytics and consultation. Tepper sounds promising to me because of the analytic and quant orientation they have and can help me achieve this goal by changing from a unidimensional profession to a multidimensional profession.

3) prior to R2 it's quite impossible for me to give attempt for GMAT, given the work commitments and application deadlines I have to meet. However I plan to try an attempt at application and maybe then would try to see if I don't make up.

What would you suggest based on the prior and this additional info?

Regards,
Rishav
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rish2708 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
rish2708 wrote:
Hello experts,

Xth - 9.8 cgpa
Xii - 86% ( aggregate)

Regards,
Rishav

Hi Rishav,

A few points here:

Thanks MBADecoder for the profile evaluation. Yes sorry the career is misspelt.

And for the queries:
1) I am into core technical field at Qualcomm. I am not directly involved in a business setup. But i have been involved in some projects that have brought much business to Qualcomm. And this work is coupled with mentoring juniors and associates.

2) my long term goal is for entrepreneurship into agrotech but since I don't possess any knowledge of digital business, I plan to explore digital marketing/abalytics and consultation. Tepper sounds promising to me because of the analytic and quant orientation they have and can help me achieve this goal by changing from a unidimensional profession to a multidimensional profession.

3) prior to R2 it's quite impossible for me to give attempt for GMAT, given the work commitments and application deadlines I have to meet. However I plan to try an attempt at application and maybe then would try to see if I don't make up.

What would you suggest based on the prior and this additional info?

Regards,
Rishav

Hi Rishav,

thanks for the additional info. Makes your profile a lot more clearer. I'll give numbered responses once again:

1. Making business impact at Qualcomm- I believe you will have some impressive stories to come up with over here. I have previously worked with some one who was doing something similar at Samsung and I remember his stories of the challenges involved in fitting in huge info on a tiny chip- often when your team mates don't believe its possible and you drive them to achieve intended results- this is what leadership is about. The situation can get more complicated because you work with the Chinese and the Americans and they throw their own team dynamics into the picture.

2. I am not sure of the path upto your long term goals. What do you plan to do in the short term? You sound vague about it. How will short term goals lead you to your long term goal? Moreover, why do you have to wait for 10 years to get into agrotech? If that's something that excites you now then you should be doing it now, when the domain has gained so much importance/ investment and has the opportunities. A case in point is one of my applicants who is studying at Tuck- he did his summer internship with an agrotech company this year.
You need to think through your career goals properly. From your two posts here, it seems like a weak story, but that can be worked upon with some analysis of your past work experience and interests for future.

3. My advice so far can help you build a strong application. However, the GMAT score continues to be a problem. Do have a look at the decision tracker for Tepper and you'll see a 690 is not a competitive score for an Indian. If you must apply with this score, you should also put in applications at lower-ranked MBA programs so that you maximize your chances of admission.

Reach out if you need further help. You can fill this form of write to me at contact@mbadecoder.com
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:

Hi Rishav,

thanks for the additional info. Makes your profile a lot more clearer. I'll give numbered responses once again:

1. Making business impact at Qualcomm- I believe you will have some impressive stories to come up with over here. I have previously worked with some one who was doing something similar at Samsung and I remember his stories of the challenges involved in fitting in huge info on a tiny chip- often when your team mates don't believe its possible and you drive them to achieve intended results- this is what leadership is about. The situation can get more complicated because you work with the Chinese and the Americans and they throw their own team dynamics into the picture.

2. I am not sure of the path upto your long term goals. What do you plan to do in the short term? You sound vague about it. How will short term goals lead you to your long term goal? Moreover, why do you have to wait for 10 years to get into agrotech? If that's something that excites you now then you should be doing it now, when the domain has gained so much importance/ investment and has the opportunities. A case in point is one of my applicants who is studying at Tuck- he did his summer internship with an agrotech company this year.
You need to think through your career goals properly. From your two posts here, it seems like a weak story, but that can be worked upon with some analysis of your past work experience and interests for future.

3. My advice so far can help you build a strong application. However, the GMAT score continues to be a problem. Do have a look at the decision tracker for Tepper and you'll see a 690 is not a competitive score for an Indian. If you must apply with this score, you should also put in applications at lower-ranked MBA programs so that you maximize your chances of admission.

Reach out if you need further help. You can fill this form of write to me at contact@mbadecoder.com

Thanks a lot ma'am for your detailed info.

I will surely keep these in mind. Yes as of now i am also going for options by opting school in india and Singapore.

I will revert if I need a suggestion. Albeit, I appreciate your in depth detail analysis of my profile and honest opinion.

Regards,
Rishav

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
rish2708 wrote:

Thanks a lot ma'am for your detailed info.

I will surely keep these in mind. Yes as of now i am also going for options by opting school in india and Singapore.

I will revert if I need a suggestion. Albeit, I appreciate your in depth detail analysis of my profile and honest opinion.

Regards,
Rishav

I am glad to help Rishav
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720 (Q50, V38)
Industry: Strategy Manager in a SoftBank funded multi-billion dollar startup

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience:
Total 5 years (4 years in India, 1 year in SE Asia)

Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Worked for 1 year as a management consultant with top tier organisation consulting firm. Working in a strategy role for a high growth internationally well known startup based out of SE Asia.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Strategy Consulting or Strategy role in industry

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sid5050 wrote:
Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720 (Q50, V38)
Industry: Strategy Manager in a SoftBank funded multi-billion dollar startup

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience:
Total 5 years (4 years in India, 1 year in SE Asia)

Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Worked for 1 year as a management consultant with top tier organisation consulting firm. Working in a strategy role for a high growth internationally well known startup based out of SE Asia.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Strategy Consulting or Strategy role in industry

Hi SId,

Have you worked in 4 organizations in 5 years? That's quite a bit.
Given your varied work experience, it will be important you are able to tie it all together via the goals essay. Also, I'd like to understand whether Tepper is the right MBA program for you given your goals. Would be happy to chat. You can reach out to me at contact@mbadecoder.com. Do send your resume as well.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 176
Send PM
Hi,

Please, if you can, evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the MBA program

Nationality: Indian
Undergraduate Qualification: Bachelor in technology with specialisation in computer science engineering.
GMAT: not taken yet
Work experience: 6+ years
About me - An engineer turned entrepreneur, started a textiles manufacturing and trading business, while studying, with my father (as his prior experience and willingness to work in the same industry he's ever been). Completed my engineering side-by-side. Then left for job, but kept involved in business somehow of the location benefits as my manufacturing process used to take place in the same city I got a job in. Then moved back for business, leaving my job. Since then, been in business and have turned quite a lot of things around for us, and for the market in a good way.
key achievements --
Turned everything from credit to cash.
Took things online,
and added a customer-centric approach.

All these things and ideas were new for the market and my customers, but now productivity has increased for both.
I think entrepreneurship is a good idea for my MBA, but not sure if it’s a good idea in case I want to experience something different like a job maybe for some time. Also, I am so much involved into everything I do, I don't want myself to not make use of my 2 years at an MBA program, so I am a little cautious of schools where I may not find the right mindset of people whom I can be with.

Why MBA?
I have some ideas related to my field which I think can really help and change the way things are done. I want to incorporate tech into small scale manufacturing, and I don't mean just computers. I am looking for a school where I can get some tech exposure along with my MBA, as I may need to take 1-2 tech courses along with an MBA.

Extracurriculars: I am an active sports guy. I play tennis, have coaching experience of swimming (summers only :P) have formed 2 groups in my city -- running and cycling, started with 2 people now each group has around 500+ participants, 60% of them are moderately active, 80% are somewhat active.
I trek a lot and have taken most treks closer to my place, as I work 7 days so it's hard to take an off as treks need a lot of days, but I manage that somehow by minimizing risk.
I am a cyclist, too. you'll find me cycling in the hills, if not trekking.
I have taken part in brevet, 200 km one.
I am a part of the national cycling group and I represent my city for the group.
Also, I am a participant of a blood donation group, we provide blood to blood banks and the ones in need, in person, too. we don't charge for it, it's a free community service for anyone in need. we are presently handling 3 states and the group has around 5000 members, most of them are active. It's run by the people for the people, but then there are too many things to do.

References: From clients to these groups, I can ask anyone to recommend me, but I think it makes more sense if I ask my clients or business people.

shall I apply?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Moving your post to the profile eval thread. Please post all profile evals here.
Thx.

Shrey9 wrote:
Hi,

Please, if you can, evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the MBA program

Nationality: Indian
Undergraduate Qualification: Bachelor in technology with specialisation in computer science engineering.
GMAT: not taken yet
Work experience: 6+ years
About me - An engineer turned entrepreneur, started a textiles manufacturing and trading business, while studying, with my father (as his prior experience and willingness to work in the same industry he's ever been). Completed my engineering side-by-side. Then left for job, but kept involved in business somehow of the location benefits as my manufacturing process used to take place in the same city I got a job in. Then moved back for business, leaving my job. Since then, been in business and have turned quite a lot of things around for us, and for the market in a good way.
key achievements --
Turned everything from credit to cash.
Took things online,
and added a customer-centric approach.

All these things and ideas were new for the market and my customers, but now productivity has increased for both.
I think entrepreneurship is a good idea for my MBA, but not sure if it’s a good idea in case I want to experience something different like a job maybe for some time. Also, I am so much involved into everything I do, I don't want myself to not make use of my 2 years at an MBA program, so I am a little cautious of schools where I may not find the right mindset of people whom I can be with.

Why MBA?
I have some ideas related to my field which I think can really help and change the way things are done. I want to incorporate tech into small scale manufacturing, and I don't mean just computers. I am looking for a school where I can get some tech exposure along with my MBA, as I may need to take 1-2 tech courses along with an MBA.

Extracurriculars: I am an active sports guy. I play tennis, have coaching experience of swimming (summers only :P) have formed 2 groups in my city -- running and cycling, started with 2 people now each group has around 500+ participants, 60% of them are moderately active, 80% are somewhat active.
I trek a lot and have taken most treks closer to my place, as I work 7 days so it's hard to take an off as treks need a lot of days, but I manage that somehow by minimizing risk.
I am a cyclist, too. you'll find me cycling in the hills, if not trekking.
I have taken part in brevet, 200 km one.
I am a part of the national cycling group and I represent my city for the group.
Also, I am a participant of a blood donation group, we provide blood to blood banks and the ones in need, in person, too. we don't charge for it, it's a free community service for anyone in need. we are presently handling 3 states and the group has around 5000 members, most of them are active. It's run by the people for the people, but then there are too many things to do.

References: From clients to these groups, I can ask anyone to recommend me, but I think it makes more sense if I ask my clients or business people.

shall I apply?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Hi everyone.

I am looking at Tepper as a school I want to go to the coming year. Request your comments and any suggestions for schools other than IMD would be highly appreciated.

Nationality: Indian ( Male, 30 )

Undergrad: Nirma University, Ahmedabad, CGPA : 7.76, First Class with Distinction,

GMAT: 660 ( Q 48, V 33) - Less than Gmatprep mocks given so will be attempting once more

Work experience: Project management , 7 years of experience in development and delivery of
capital infrastructure(T&D) projects with Tata Power
• Have been part of core teams in developing energy assets( capex) acheiveing capitalisation ranging USD 5M to 75M.
and increasing installed transmission capacity upwards of 2000 MVA.
• Led project execution at site for major capex projects managing site team of OEMs, large contractors and local vendors( team size approx 150+)
• Have managed multidisciplinary engineering site activities for a major project transition from EPC to BOQ model( short close contract of major EPC player midway in the project led to change in execution philosophy).
• Have led department HSE activities as departmental coordinator for 6 months. Prepped HSE dashboard for senior management, analysed operational and audit data for multiple sites to help bring two important safety improvements that were showcased in company's annual innovation event.
• Worked on project sites with international teams of various OEMs for a consistent time frame. ( 5 years)

Community and others:
• I have worked at an NGO full time for 6 months involved in installation of solar equipment in remote villages in gujarat. I spent a significant portion of this time also working on literacy campaigns for such remote villages on the use of solar pumps and panels.
• While working for transmission line projects in Mumbai, I have been actively involved in regular programs where people living below high voltage transmission lines are sensitized on the dangers of EHV lines.
• I have worked also with a couple of tourist organisation in Goa for 2 months where I had been involved in sustainable cooking practices in a small village for a large tourist crowd.

Post MBA goals
• Post graduation I want to continue in the energy sector as my interests are strongly aligned with the renewable space. My short term goals include getting to work on the manufacturing side of the project supply chain ( Companies like ABB, Vestas, Siemens) as till now I have worked for a utility and client side. Long term goals are to work on large scale distributed energy sufficiency programs for developing economies.

Looking forward to your comments. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Background and nationality - Indian (male), age at application stage - 26, Business education (Undergrad and post-grad from top tier institutes in India)
GMAT: 730 -740 (Realistic target)
Undergrad Gpa- 7.48(equivalent to 4.0 acc to gmac)

Post grad Gpa - 2.93/4.33 from IIM (top 30% of class)

Work experience and leadership - 3.5 years (during application) CPG firm in India, led a team of 10+ management graduates for all these 3.5 yrs, promotion in 2 years, youngest and fastest to get promoted, youngest state head, highest growth and achievement nos. in first 2 years

Recommendations from Pan India Heads

Community and others -
1) volunteering at a free school for the underprivileged - arranged youth awareness camps and increased enrollment at school
2) Volunteering at a school for special needs children - mostly kids who don't have resources for correct diagnosis - tried to teach them nuances of human interaction and to make them independent in their daily tasks

Hosted a tedx event and achieved a blackbelt in martial arts, opportunity to represent country and state in international and national competitions

Post MBA goals - transition to consulting and then start an entrepreneurial venture

zero international experience, but experienced many cultures in India

Ideal GMAt score considering my background

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Requesting a profile review

*Background*

Overview:
I’m looking to bring a strong sense of purpose in my career by transitioning fully to social impact. I’ve always wanted to go into social impact full-time, but I needed to build a niche and valuable skillset before doing so. Regarding marketable skills, I feel ready now, but I need an MBA to help me transition.

Work experience:
I'm currently a Product Manager in Internet Business in a Multinational Telecommunications company. I have 5.5 years of full-time experience, all in Telecommunications product management. The firm I work for is one of the top ones in my country, Bangladesh, and is a part of the 10th largest mobile network operator in the world. I've gotten regular, formal awards (Marketing Award for six quarters out of the twelve quarters of my employment till date + Employee of the month multiple times) at work and my portfolio has increased with time. I can back my achievements with solid numbers.

Some career highlights
- Successful completion of 1-month international assignment & placement in HQ
- Former Management Trainee with fast track progression to Managerial role, within only 2.5 years of my career
- Project Manager for the first telecom merger in Bangladesh
- Product Manager for Facebook's Freebasics program in Bangladesh, which focuses on giving internet connectivity to the bottom of the pyramid, launching it for the first time in my country

On the side, I'm a director at my family business which focuses on government and non-profit sector consulting. I do business advisory for non-profits, and one of these non-profits was founded by a Harvard Kennedy alum and an Oxford Said MBA alum. My area of expertise is "mobile tech & communications for development".

Extracurriculars:
During my undergrad, I won multiple international & national awards in social entrepreneurship competitions. One of that was GSEC organized by the University of Washington's Foster School of Business. My team had beat out MIT in that competition. I was also awarded by Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus, for winning Yunus Centre's social entrepreneurship idea competition. I've coordinated nationwide charity drives back in my undergrad, 100+ people reporting to me.

Other coursework:
I finished MBA Math and I scored 100% in all of the MBA Math courses.

Nationality: Bangladeshi

Sex: Male

*Stats*

GRE & TOEFL Score:
My GRE total is 328, with a breakdown of 169 in Verbal, 159 in Quant, 4.5 in AW. I'm also done with my TOEFL with a 113/120.
I plan to resit the GRE to raise my Quant, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the time for it.

Undergrad GPA:
I graduated from the best business school in my country. My alma mater has alums in top business schools all over the world, including the business schools that I plan to apply to.

My 3.13/4 CGPA (Major- Finance) is measly though. I dived into ECAs during my first two years, achieving great success at the expense of my academics. Reprioritized and did very well in academics during my third year. During my fourth year, I contracted Hepatitis E just before my final exams, and my CGPA took a nosedive. My last year’s GPA was 3/4 versus my third year’s GPA of 3.7/4. I had the choice of postponing my studies for a year or taking a bad hit to my CGPA, & I chose the latter due to financial reasons. Anyways, even after taking my horrible fourth year in account, my last two years' CGPA is 3.35/4, so there is an upward trend there.

*MBA Info*

Goal of MBA:
Working in social impact on the side has actually inspired me to enter social impact full-time post-MBA, perhaps joining my family's business on a full-time basis, and/or starting a sister organization to the family business focused on my area of expertise. My area of expertise, Telecommunications, is very important for social impact in my country, Bangladesh. Our internet connectivity is almost entirely mobile communications dependant.

Working in a large private organization has not given me the training I need to embark on an entrepreneurial venture or engage full-time in expanding a family business. I need an MBA to make me ready.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Top Contributor
Naseef wrote:
Requesting a profile review

*Background*

Overview:
I’m looking to bring a strong sense of purpose in my career by transitioning fully to social impact. I’ve always wanted to go into social impact full-time, but I needed to build a niche and valuable skillset before doing so. Regarding marketable skills, I feel ready now, but I need an MBA to help me transition.

Work experience:
I'm currently a Product Manager in Internet Business in a Multinational Telecommunications company. I have 5.5 years of full-time experience, all in Telecommunications product management. The firm I work for is one of the top ones in my country, Bangladesh, and is a part of the 10th largest mobile network operator in the world. I've gotten regular, formal awards (Marketing Award for six quarters out of the twelve quarters of my employment till date + Employee of the month multiple times) at work and my portfolio has increased with time. I can back my achievements with solid numbers.

Some career highlights
- Successful completion of 1-month international assignment & placement in HQ
- Former Management Trainee with fast track progression to Managerial role, within only 2.5 years of my career
- Project Manager for the first telecom merger in Bangladesh
- Product Manager for Facebook's Freebasics program in Bangladesh, which focuses on giving internet connectivity to the bottom of the pyramid, launching it for the first time in my country

On the side, I'm a director at my family business which focuses on government and non-profit sector consulting. I do business advisory for non-profits, and one of these non-profits was founded by a Harvard Kennedy alum and an Oxford Said MBA alum. My area of expertise is "mobile tech & communications for development".

Extracurriculars:
During my undergrad, I won multiple international & national awards in social entrepreneurship competitions. One of that was GSEC organized by the University of Washington's Foster School of Business. My team had beat out MIT in that competition. I was also awarded by Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus, for winning Yunus Centre's social entrepreneurship idea competition. I've coordinated nationwide charity drives back in my undergrad, 100+ people reporting to me.

Other coursework:
I finished MBA Math and I scored 100% in all of the MBA Math courses.

Nationality: Bangladeshi

Sex: Male

*Stats*

GRE & TOEFL Score:
My GRE total is 328, with a breakdown of 169 in Verbal, 159 in Quant, 4.5 in AW. I'm also done with my TOEFL with a 113/120.
I plan to resit the GRE to raise my Quant, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the time for it.

Undergrad GPA:
I graduated from the best business school in my country. My alma mater has alums in top business schools all over the world, including the business schools that I plan to apply to.

My 3.13/4 CGPA (Major- Finance) is measly though. I dived into ECAs during my first two years, achieving great success at the expense of my academics. Reprioritized and did very well in academics during my third year. During my fourth year, I contracted Hepatitis E just before my final exams, and my CGPA took a nosedive. My last year’s GPA was 3/4 versus my third year’s GPA of 3.7/4. I had the choice of postponing my studies for a year or taking a bad hit to my CGPA, & I chose the latter due to financial reasons. Anyways, even after taking my horrible fourth year in account, my last two years' CGPA is 3.35/4, so there is an upward trend there.

*MBA Info*

Goal of MBA:
Working in social impact on the side has actually inspired me to enter social impact full-time post-MBA, perhaps joining my family's business on a full-time basis, and/or starting a sister organization to the family business focused on my area of expertise. My area of expertise, Telecommunications, is very important for social impact in my country, Bangladesh. Our internet connectivity is almost entirely mobile communications dependant.

Working in a large private organization has not given me the training I need to embark on an entrepreneurial venture or engage full-time in expanding a family business. I need an MBA to make me ready.

Please do apply for the Tepper School of Business.

Also think about what specifically Tepper will help you to your target. I didn't see that in this. That way you can replace Tepper by XYZ and it will hold good. So think about Tepper and its advantages.

All the best for the application.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 530 Q42 V23
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 4: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.98
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi I'm hoping someone can look through my profile and provide some feedback! I'm shooting for a coveted 700 GMAT score in my next attempt.

Background and nationality
African American Male 27 years old

Undergrad Information
Top 50 Engineering Program, graduated in 2016 with Engineering Degree, Econ Minor, and Lean Six Sigma Certifications GPA: 2.99 (Had some health issues that derailed me for a year hence the low gpa but finished my last 5 semesters above a 3.50)

GMAT:
Latest GMATPrep Practice: 700 Q49 V36 IR8
Official: 650 Q44 V35 IR7 AWA6

Work experience and leadership
3.5 years experience. I've worked across multiple industries including Snack Foods Manufacturing and Distribution, where I lead a team of 5 employees and streamlined distribution center practices, Aerospace, where I lead experimental manufacturing of new aircraft(think gov't secrets and such), and Healthcare, where I'm currently working as a consultant who manages and leads high value enterprise projects for the regions largest system. I recently promoted again(2x promotions) and I was a part of my city's covid-19 taskforce and helped the city establish several test sites. I also own a small business.

Community and others
I was a member of several diversity organizations in undergrad, held a board member seat in one. I also volunteered at a local community center doing weekly stem projects with young students.

Post MBA goals
I would like to remain in the healthcare industry, start my own healthcare consulting firm, and streamline the corporate services side of the healthcare industry by reducing wasteful practices pertaining to billing, scheduling, and reimbursement. Many organizations have convoluted charge masters for standard services, with minimal transparency of cost of services that ultimately get passed onto the patient. An MBA will assist me in understanding organizational design and business analytics to structure an effective method and organization for reducing the cost placed on customers/patients. I would also like to expand my small business. (Still a bit fuzzy on the exact 'how' of my post-mba goals)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hi everyone.
I would love to get my profile evaluated.

Background:
IT Engineer Male Indian

Education
10th grade : 93%
12th grade: 94.75%
CGPA: 8.6 ( Manipal Institute of Technology)
GMAT: 700

Work Experience:
2 years in Cisco. Worked as a software developer/scrum master for an important Cisco service used in 180 countries and generating an annual revenue of 6 Billion.
3 month Internship in Istanbul: Was stuck there when the military coup took place. Lots of good stories around that.
Founder of a startup in college. Got multiple contracts from various hotels and universities.

Extra- Curricular Activities:
Cisco Intern Ambassador : Point of contact between 240+ Cisco Interns and the management. Worked with them to improve the internship experience.
Vice-President, Indian Society for Technical Education : Led a team of 200+ to organize events in college
Category Head,Technical Fest : Made improvements to the events to improve participation by 50% to 1200 people. Led a team of 100+.
Worked at an NGO (MAD) for 2+ years as a mentor training volunteers. Responsible for the curriculum planning of 14 teachers and overall study schedule of 60+children.
Various performance awards at work.
State-level Swimmer.
Vice-President of my school.

Post MBA goals

Product Management/ Consulting
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6