Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [1]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Denied
22 Oct, 2019
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Quote:
Pretty frustrated with how I “heard” from Ross. On interview invitation day, received an email with the subject “You Are Invited!” Only problem is the body was an ad for their part time program, which I am not considering. I emailed admissions to get clarification and they sent me a form email, didn’t give me a straight yes/no answer. Did that happen to anyone else?
Denied on: 2019/10/22
GMAT: 720, Q46, V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: 84 months
Heard back via: Email

Posted from my mobile device

this thing brought up a smile on my face! I know how much frustrating it could be to see marketing emails from schools we are expecting a formal email.

Sorry to hear the denial though, I’m sure you will get something better!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
A new Ross Michigan Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1049
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q169 V164
Send PM
Kudos
Does anyone have an idea of how important the Ross team exercise is?

Have people made it to Ross after not attending the team exercise and also Skype interviewed(and not f2f)?

As in, will it affect one's chances severely if they don't make it to the team exercise and also have a Skype interview as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Has anyone got in without going through the team exercise. I got invited to the interview. Went for the registration after a day and on campus spots were all full. Am I doomed?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
sidsharma1989 wrote:
Has anyone got in without going through the team exercise. I got invited to the interview. Went for the registration after a day and on campus spots were all full. Am I doomed?

Hey man dont worry i got in ross last year without attending the team exercise so it should be fine. Just focus on having a good interview
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone! I am planning to make a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for those attending the team exercise in New Delhi on Nov. 16. We could use it to get to know each other a bit, share updates, discuss doubts, etc. If you'd like to be a part of the group, please PM me your contact number and name.

Thanks, and see you all soon in New Delhi!

PS - Applicants from outside India who are planning to attend the team exercise are most welcome to join the group, as are any Indian applicants who aren't attending the team exercise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
A new Ross Michigan Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1067
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.81
Send PM
sidsharma1989 wrote:

People have gotten in without team exercise before. Team exercise just adds points in your favour, but if you already have a strong profile then you definitely still have a chance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Here is the class of 2021 profile and application statistics: https://gmatclub.com/forum/michigan-ros ... l#p2398054
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Link to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group:
https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/Kk0egxynME9ITdpykJ5Zm3

variantguy wrote:
Hi everyone! I am planning to make a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for those attending the team exercise in New Delhi on Nov. 16. We could use it to get to know each other a bit, share updates, discuss doubts, etc. If you'd like to be a part of the group, please PM me your contact number and name.

Thanks, and see you all soon in New Delhi!

PS - Applicants from outside India who are planning to attend the team exercise are most welcome to join the group, as are any Indian applicants who aren't attending the team exercise.

Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51452 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
chanjaso wrote:
sidsharma1989 wrote:

People have gotten in without team exercise before. Team exercise just adds points in your favour, but if you already have a strong profile then you definitely still have a chance!

I know tons of people who couldn’t do it. However I’d only miss it if you absolutely cannot do it for financial reasons or some serious commitment. It’s fun and a very low risk environment to make a strong impression!

Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51452 [2]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
BTW, just so you guys know early! Ross is getting STEM!!! It will definitely be for the class of 2021 and *maybe* (fingers crossed) for us class of 2020 folks too :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
December is here, and so is the time for Round 1 decisions! As the D-Day approaches, let's keep chatting and help each other not go absolute bonkers with overthinking and anxiety! :lol:

Thanks to @Narenn, there's a dedicated chat room for discussing anything from now until the decision day, and the link for that is mentioned below.

Best of luck, everyone! Keep it together! :thumbup:

Decision Timelines by School

Chicago Booth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yale SOM

• Decision Deadline: Dec 4.
  • Estimated Decision Release Timeline: Decisions will be released on Dec 4. Calls are expected to start from 11am ET. Last year’s waitlisted reapplicants are likely to hear first.
  • Chat Room 2: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNC Kenan Flagler

Harvard

• Decision Deadline: Dec 10.
  • Estimated Decision Release Timeline: Dec 10; All decisions will be released at once on decision portal at Noon ET
  • Main Chat Room: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php

UVA Darden

Kellogg

Stanford

Tuck

• Decision Deadline: Dec 12
  • Estimated Decision Release Timeline: Calls are likely to start from Dec 11 evening and continue till decision date
  • Chat Room #3: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat3.php

Tepper

Berkeley Haas

Michigan Ross

• Decision Deadline: Dec 18
  • Estimated Decision Release Timeline: Domestic Admits on Dec 16; Int’l Admits on Dec 17; Dings/WL on Dec 18
  • Main Chat Room: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php

UCLA Anderson

McCombs

Wharton

Duke Fuqua

MIT Sloan

[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 2.91
Send PM
Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the various estimated timelines (e.g. domestic admits at Ross will get calls on the 16th)? Are they based on prior year patterns or something else?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
CanadieninTX wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the various estimated timelines (e.g. domestic admits at Ross will get calls on the 16th)? Are they based on prior year patterns or something else?

Hi, these timelines are based on the trends observed in the last few years, and hence are a bit speculative. Though most of them coincide with the timelines mentioned on the respective schools' official websites as well.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
variantguy wrote:
CanadieninTX wrote:

Hi, these timelines are based on the trends observed in the last few years, and hence are a bit speculative. Though most of them coincide with the timelines mentioned on the respective schools' official websites as well.

True. They are mere speculations based on the patterns we have seen schools followed over the years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos