Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [37]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619072 [21]
Given Kudos: 81595
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [2]
Given Kudos: 665
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [7]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Club Olympics - Compete to Win $40K in Prizes! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
And of course I am a part of the Achilles team :-o ... so what or who is going to sabotage us? :lol: ... is it ME?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 477 [3]
Given Kudos: 219
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Wow !! It's a great initiative. Excited to compete :)

As always thanks to the whole GC team for your efforts.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [3]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
And of course I am a part of the Achilles team :-o ... so what or who is going to sabotage us? :lol: ... is it ME?

Yayy! Same team! Can't wait! :D
Hopefully will get to solve even tougher questions this time.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
carouselambra wrote:
bb wrote:

There is definitely no lack of difficulty to be expected in quant. There are several VERY hard questions there (specifically written for the competition and probably would be too difficult if encountered on the test but they are completely within the parameters and confines of what is tested on the GMAT, just hard because they are time-consuming :-P )
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1025 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
bb , No points from posting answers from Gmat club mobile app this time?? :shock:

Nice Initiative !!! Hope Everyone gonna enjoy it.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rajatchopra1994 wrote:
bb , No points from posting answers from Gmat club mobile app this time?? :shock:

Nice Initiative !!! Hope Everyone gonna enjoy it.

Correct. We have made a few changes to make the competition a bit more streamlined and easier. Last year it seemed posting from a mobile device it was a bit tricky for math and formula codes.

Changes this year include removing a mobile bonus but increasing the time for the timer bonus from One Hour to Two hours.

Also, all of the questions will be posted only once a day, at 8 AM PDT. This will make the process or just a clear smoother for both users and moderators I hope. 😎

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 441 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
carouselambra wrote:
bb wrote:

There is definitely no lack of difficulty to be expected in quant. There are several VERY hard questions there (specifically written for the competition and probably would be too difficult if encountered on the test but they are completely within the parameters and confines of what is tested on the GMAT, just hard because they are time-consuming :-P )

Haha! I remember solving some lengthyyyy questions during the Christmas time. Hoping for an improvement this year for sure :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Kudos
Can there be any 2nd attempt for the Exclusive questions? (New questions that GMAT Club Moderators will post starting Aug 16)

if so, will participants receive points for 2nd/3rd attempt being correct?

Suppose I have answered a question but pressed the wrong button ( clicked A instead of B).

I understand that there can only be one submission of the explanations, no exceptions.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4098 [1]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
nice initiative by GC team.. looking forward for 16th Aug.. :)
Current Student
Status:He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Going to Business School -- Corruptus in Extremis
Own Kudos [?]: 5741 [6]
Given Kudos: 3054
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Team Perseus winning it all! My teams have never lost, and that tradition will continue. I've won as a member of the blue team and a member of the red team. It is time for orange to take its rightful place on my trophy shelf.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
SalahT wrote:
Can there be any 2nd attempt for the Exclusive questions? (New questions that GMAT Club Moderators will post starting Aug 16)

if so, will participants receive points for 2nd/3rd attempt being correct?

Suppose I have answered a question but pressed the wrong button ( clicked A instead of B).

I understand that there can only be one submission of the explanations, no exceptions.

Hi. You will have 2 hours to submit the correct answer using the timer.

No, there is no second chances. You don't get those in life or on the GMAT.... If you got points on 2nd or 3rd chance, that would be like 60% guessing likelihood :lol:

Meanwhile practice pushing buttons - there is no time limit except the overall 2-hour limit to get the bonus points after the questions are posted.
School Moderator - ESSEC Masters
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Given Kudos: 111
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Let's go TEAM HERCULES !
ヽ(*Д*)ノ┌┛
Great initiative by Gmatclub, I love this community!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I definitely feel slightly intimidated… need to watch my 👠 😂

Jaidude wrote:
Let's go TEAM HERCULES !
ヽ(*Д*)ノ┌┛
Great initiative by Gmatclub, I love this community!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 241
Send PM
Light em up! TEAM ACHILLES

best of luck!!
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 5582 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
The event looks awesome as earlier events GOT and HOT. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

These events help aspirants to learn while having fun with event. Awesome prizes is added advantage.

Best wishes to all aspirants.

bb wrote:

GMAT Club Olympics
Team-based competition | Solve Questions to Win Awesome Prizes

GMAT Club Olympics is a 3rd Annual GMAT Club Competition based on solving questions. This is the biggest GMAT competition on GMAT Club with an amazing opportunity to win over $20,000 worth of prizes! If you are a hard worker and dedicated, this is a great opportunity to convert your hard work into GMAT Courses while studying and improving your score all along! I really hope you will join us this year and use this opportunity.

Important Dates

August 4th: Registration Opens. Click Join the Competition Button below
    August 16th: Competition Begins at 8 AM PST/11 AM EST/8:30 PM IST
    August 27th: Last day of Competition
    By August 31st: Winners Announced

How do I Participate?
First, you need to register.
Then on August 16, you will be able to start competing by attempting questions with the timer and posting explanations to never-before-seen questions. You and Your Team will receive points for a number of activities as well as opportunities for bonus points. See below the point earning table for details about activities and points. Team and Individual points earned will be reflected on this page below in your Dashboard.

What Do You Mean "Team-Based"?
This competition is team-based, which means one of the 4 teams will win and all winning team members will receive prizes.

Previous Competitions:
2020: Heroes of Timers (HOT) - Over 1,900 members competed
2019: Game of Timers Competition (GOT) - Over 1,100 members competed

What Prizes are Available?
Big thanks to our sponsors (see the full list of sponsors below) we have lots of prizes for both the winning team and also the Top 3 players in each team.

GMAT Club Tests (2-week access) - $20 each | 600 licenses available for the winning team | Total Value: $12,000.
- GMAT Club tests are some of the best and well-known practice tests for those looking to improve their quant score. These tests were written by moderators such as Bunuel and others to help prepare you for the unexpected. These questions do not force you to do excruciating calculations or needlessly waste your time. GMAT Club tests focus on combining multiple concepts and present you with questions you have not seen before, just like the hard quant questions on the GMAT - forcing you to find a solution to a question you have never seen before.
- Your access will start on Aug 31st, right after the competition ends.

Target Test Prep 4-month Dedicated Study Plan ($299) x 10 licenses | Total Value: $2,999
- Includes Quant and Verbal courses
- 4-month access
- 2,500 quant practice GMAT questions
- Includes 3-month access to the GMAT Club tests

The Economist GMAT Tutor Genius package - $989
- Includes licenses for GMAT prep exams 3, 4, 5, 6
- 6 AWA Essay reviews by an Expert
- 3-month digital Economist subscription
- 4x Live 1-on-1 tutoring sessions
- Unlimited Ask-a-Tutor questions :thumbsup:

The Economist GMAT Tutor Premium package - $699
- Includes licenses for GMAT prep exams 3 and 4
- 4 AWA Essay reviews by an Expert
- 3-month digital Economist subscription
- 2x Live 1-on-1 tutoring sessions
- 100 Ask-a-Tutor questions

3 month digital subscription to The Economist Magazine - $55
- 3-month access to the Economist Magazine
- Improve your RC Skills with the Economist RC Challenge

Experts' Global "Must Have" GMAT Review + 15 Practice Tests - $50 | 12 available | Total Value: $600
- 15 Full-length tests
- Video and text solutions
- Set of 12 SC e-books.
- 200+ short GMAT concept videos.

Total Prize value: $17,000+ The prize list is still expanding and we will update it as more prizes are added.

Will Everyone Win Prizes?
  • Everyone on the winning team will!
  • The team that gets the most points at the end of the competition, will win. Every member on the winning team will receive access to the GMAT Club Tests for 2 weeks.
  • The top 3 players on each of the 4 teams will have a choice of the top prizes (the winning team's 3 top users will have the first pick), and then the next 9 will choose their prizes based on the point ranking
  • The remaining prizes will be distributed among the users based on the points earned. Each user is limited to 1 prize. We have a lot of prizes and expect over 500+ people getting something (Full disclosure: the majority of those, will be getting GMAT Club tests for the winning team). In other words, 9 people from non-winning teams will also win prizes based on the above.

How Many Teams Are There?
There is a total of 4 teams: Hercules, Achilles, Perseus, and Odysseus

Can I Choose My Team?
No, the assignment is random. You will be given your team name when you Join the Competition. Also, your avatar will reflect your team's colors

Which Team am I on?
You can review the roster for the teams: Hercules, Achilles, Perseus, and Odysseus
You can also look at your avatar and the label at the top - the color corresponds to one of the 4 teams

Earning Points:
Here is a detailed explanation of how you can earn points and bonus opportunities that exist.
Every day Monday through Friday, GMAT Club Moderators will post 3-5 new questions (we will provide their listing in this topic) and we will identify them in the forum to make them easy to find.
Important: Questions will be posted ONLY at 8 AM PDT / 11 AM EDT / 16:00 BST /20:30 IST

GCO PointsAction RequiredEligible Questions
10 Points per timerTimer Taken & Correctly Answered Question (awarded within 24 hrs)New questions that GMAT Club Moderators will post starting Aug 16
Bonus 1: 10 GCO PointsTaking the Timer in the first 120 minutes (2 hours)
of question posting time (Points awarded within 5 mins of posting)
New questions that GMAT Club Moderators will post starting Aug 16
Bonus 2: 10 GCO PointsPosting an explanation (Points awarded within 5 mins of posting)New questions that GMAT Club Moderators will post starting Aug 16
Bonus 3*: 100 GCO PointsGetting a Kudos from a moderator (Points ]awarded within 24 hrs )New questions that GMAT Club Moderators will post starting Aug 16
Bonus 4: 50 GCO PointsTaking 30 timers in one day (Points awarded at Noon PST the following day)Any questions in the DS/PS/CR/SC forums (RC is not eligible) taken during competition days

Max daily GCO points per person per question: 130
Max daily timer Bonus: 50

*The kudos are at the discretion of the moderators that may choose to give them or not to for any reason or no reason at all :-)

When will the Competition Questions be Posted?
  • We will start posting questions on Monday August 16th and will end on Friday Aug 27th.
  • Questions will be posted Monday through Friday (no questions on Sat or Sun)
  • Questions will be posted in the CR, SC, DS, and PS forums (no RC)
  • Questions will be posted at 8 AM Pacific Standard US Time

How will I find the Competition Questions?
Competition questions will be posted in the second post of this discussion (currently being held) and they will also bear the competition badge/icon such as this example:

Can I see Other Replies? Can I edit mine?
You will not be able to see other user's replies to the competition questions. They will be hidden until the following day. 24 hours after posting, the OA will be revealed and other user's answers will become visible. Note that you will not be able to edit your posts/explanations once you submit, so make sure you proof-read your work. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Any Other Questions?
Please post them here, just reply in this topic. Thanks!

Competition Rules & Fine Print:
  • When you join the competition, you agree to abide by these rules
  • GMAT Club reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this competition at any time.
  • Any registered user can participate. Registration is required; only points earned after registration will be counted.
  • Experts, Instructors, Tutors, Moderators, and Administrators are not eligible to earn points (though they can still participate in the competition - their points will not be used)
  • Please make sure to post your replies and solutions to the questions as text. You can use diagrams and images if appopriate for the question such as Geometry but please do not post hand-written or typed up notes as the answer. The answer should be typed with text and not a screeshot/photo/image. These explanations will NOT receive moderator Kudos after 8/24
  • Please do not give Kudos to competition posts you cannot read
  • Choices of Prizes will be available to the users with the highest scores first; if multiple users are eligible, we will draw randomly
  • Cheaters and users try to illegitimately gain points will be excluded and may be deactivated
  • All moderator decisions are final and are not eligible for public discussion. These guys work hard, please be kind
  • Prizes are not transferable and cannot be sold or bartered; they will be void if traded
  • Prizes must be activated/claimed by October 1, 2021
  • No refunds will be provided
  • GMAT Club reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine who wins prizes, for what activity, and other prize decisions
  • This is a very unique and complex competition and we appreciate your support; we may modify it if we notice irregularities or ways we can optimize it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
Schools: ISB '24 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Kudos
Interesting way to gamify learning!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13387 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
[textarea]

GMAT Club Olympics
Team-based competition | Solve Questions to Win Awesome Prizes

GMAT Club Olympics is a 3rd Annual GMAT Club Competition based on solving questions. This is the biggest GMAT competition on GMAT Club with an amazing opportunity to win over $20,000 worth of prizes! If you are a hard worker and dedicated, this is a great opportunity to convert your hard work into GMAT Courses while studying and improving your score all along! I really hope you will join us this year and use this opportunity.

Important Dates

August 4th: Registration Opens. Click Join the Competition Button below
    August 16th: Competition Begins at 8 AM PST/11 AM EST/8:30 PM IST
    August 27th: Last day of Competition
    By August 31st: Winners Announced

Amazing initiative to shake the GC community. :) :thumbsup:
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12