Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40 (Online)
GRE 1: Q165 V163
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi. You have a strong profile for MiM, specially for LBS and HEC.

DB12998 wrote:
Hey
Would appreciate it if you could review my profile!

Background and nationality: Indian, 22 years old, Female

Undergrad Information: Bachelor of Commerce, 8.3 GPA (2020)
Also in the process of earning a professional qualification in accountancy. Completed the exams simultaneously with the UG, with some ranks in a few papers (National & Global)

GMAT: 690-720 expected

Work experience: 1 year at a local finance firm. Leading a team of 6-8 members. Clients in the US

Leadership: Member of the student council for 2 consecutive years (Grade 11 & 12). Organized events for 1000+ students

Extracurricular Activities/ Achievements:
Badminton player in school
Ranked second in school for the Grade 12 examinations
School magazine editor
Very active in social service, working with tribal children, the underprivileged, and differently-abled
Received a scholarship for creative writing
Currently running an Instagram blog on finance and management concepts with 350+ followers

Looking to start a career in consulting

Target schools:
MiM 2022 intake

1. ESCP
2. ESSEC
3. LBS
4. HEC Paris

Do you have any suggestions for safety schools that are still good?
Thanks in advance
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36 (Online)
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello fellow applicants,

Could you please evaluate my profile?

Profile:

1. GMAT Score - 720 (Q50V37)
2. Age - 27
3. Gender - Male
4. Nationality - Indian
5. Work Experience - 4 years
6. Current Role - Project Manager
7. International experience - 8 Months Switzerland + 2 Months in Singapore
8. Positions of Responsibilities - College basketball team captain + Head of the Sponsorship team, Cultural fest
9. College - NIT Raipur
10. College GPA - 7.51, 12th - 89.2 % , 10th - 9.2 (Not sure if it's relevant now)
11. Immediate Post MBA goal - Tech Consulting
12. Won 2 awards in the current company for my performances.

In my four years of work experience, first 8 months I supported my father in setting up a new business, 6 months worked in a startup as a business analyst and post that in a fortune 500 company. Even though I'm a Computer Science Engineer, I have always been interested in management roles. Hence, post-graduation I only sorted roles in this field. In my current role as a Project Manager, I'm working on a multi-million M&A project, which involves regular interaction with colleagues from over 50+ countries.

Thanks a lot!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
ahumne wrote:
Hello fellow applicants,

Could you please evaluate my profile?

Profile:

1. GMAT Score - 720 (Q50V37)
2. Age - 27
3. Gender - Male
4. Nationality - Indian
5. Work Experience - 4 years
6. Current Role - Project Manager
7. International experience - 8 Months Switzerland + 2 Months in Singapore
8. Positions of Responsibilities - College basketball team captain + Head of the Sponsorship team, Cultural fest
9. College - NIT Raipur
10. College GPA - 7.51, 12th - 89.2 % , 10th - 9.2 (Not sure if it's relevant now)
11. Immediate Post MBA goal - Tech Consulting
12. Won 2 awards in the current company for my performances.

In my four years of work experience, first 8 months I supported my father in setting up a new business, 6 months worked in a startup as a business analyst and post that in a fortune 500 company. Even though I'm a Computer Science Engineer, I have always been interested in management roles. Hence, post-graduation I only sorted roles in this field. In my current role as a Project Manager, I'm working on a multi-million M&A project, which involves regular interaction with colleagues from over 50+ countries.

Thanks a lot!

Hey ahumne!

I would like to begin the profile evaluation with your academic background. While you have a decent GPA during your UG, your overall GMAT score of 720 works well in your favor and allows you to easily target HEC for the MBA program as more emphasis is always placed on your GMAT score and work experience.

Coming to your work experience, since MBA degrees require significant work experience, your 6 years of work experience ranging from working at your family to becoming a Product Manager would put you at par with other applicants. In addition, multiple awards and accolades for the commendable performance go on to vouch for the credibility of your skills. You have also mentioned international experiences, which prove to be a significant value addition to your profile as schools are on the lookout for candidates with a broadened perspective. That said, in order to further strengthen your profile, you can shed light on major projects worked on, how you have gone above and beyond the role, and any initiatives you’ve spearheaded during your professional experiences.

Moving forward to the extracurriculars, they also play an important role since schools are always looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles. Here you have highlighted some excellent leadership roles and involvement in a variety of activities. However, for the MBA degree, your most recent endeavors are taken into consideration. Given that it has been years since you participated in the activities mentioned earlier, I suggest highlighting some of your most recent achievements. In order to groom your profile, you can mention your involvement in any CSR activities carried out by your organization, or you can associate with any NGO and engage in volunteering work. In addition, you can also take up some additional certification courses to upskill yourself. This could further improve your profile and give you the required competitive edge.

Coming to the schools that you are targeting, based on the information you have provided, HEC will fall under the dream category with a 40 to 50% chance of acceptance.

That said, I suggest you also target a few other dream and competitive schools for the MBA to hedge your bets. Here's a breakdown of the schools that you can target

Dream - INSEAD, LBS, ESADE, and ISE
Competitive - ESCP, ESSEC, Manchester, Warwick, and Imperial

All things considered, in order to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools, you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 5000+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you'd be consulted by a B-school alumnus who'd be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalising the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All,

Please check these HEC articles on Linkedin. I found them pretty on spot! As they illustrate amazing moments of the Global Executive program.

From "Wilfried Totzo Fogaing". The guy has illustrated succinct events and key moments of the Global Executive Master in Management.

Do not hesitate to comment on the articles they are visited permanently by HEC Paris stakeholders. This can be an opportunity to ask direct questions to HEC.

Always Happy to Share!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Background and nationality: Hong Kong, Male
Undergrad Information: Non-target, Finance Major, 3.7/4.3
GMAT: 700
Internship: Bulge bracket back office, M&A in second tier
Leadership: investment club
Target program: MIF/MiM

Thank you in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Male, 30
Nationality- Indian
GMAT Score- 650 (Q48, V31)
Work Experience- 6.5 Years (Involves Tech Consulting and Banking Experience in MNCs)
Education- MBA degree from a top B school in India (CGPA 2.7/4), B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering, 84%, with top rank in the college and top 10 rank in the University)
International Exposure- None so far. However I have handled international clients (US and China)

I am targeting 1 year MBA program in HEC Paris. Request you to evaluate my profile and suggest points of improvement.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Neo15,

Thank you for sharing your profile. To begin with, your GMAT score is quite low. To maximize your chances, I strongly recommend you to retake the GMAT and strive for a score of at least 720+. You haven't provided much information regarding your work experience. So, based on the information provided, your work experience meets the average required. Working at an MNC should suggest some big projects of yours that have nurtured leadership abilities in you and have had a significant impact on the organization. The most important aspect of an application is work experience. To examine your profile thoroughly, I need to know about your career progression, the positions and responsibilities you held during the last 6.5 years, and your impact on the organization. Your profile also has some international experience; attempt to present it in such a manner that it gives your profile a global perspective.

HEC is looking for ambitious career aspirations and backgrounds, in addition to strong academic achievement and GMAT scores. In MBA applicants, HEC looks for a 'global career vision.'
In your application, highlight the following points:
1. Long-term career goals
2. How HEC is unique in helping you to reach your goals
3. Explain how you connect your story and career goals to HEC's ideals.

While preparing your application, keep in mind how HEC's international scope, deep academic rigor, program structure, and access to a global network align with your goals and aspirations. What are your post-mba goals? Your ECs are also missing. To know more about HEC, its student clubs, scholarships, essays, and LOR questions, feel free to visit our HEC page.

Overall a good profile, but I would like to know more about your work experience. With a good GMAT score and crafting your essay impactfully considering HEC values, you stand a chance at HEC. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you to discuss your profile in length and further chances to HEC. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Helpful pointers on how to maximize your chances for top MBA programs in January intake

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Neo15 wrote:
Male, 30
Nationality- Indian
GMAT Score- 650 (Q48, V31)
Work Experience- 6.5 Years (Involves Tech Consulting and Banking Experience in MNCs)
Education- MBA degree from a top B school in India (CGPA 2.7/4), B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering, 84%, with top rank in the college and top 10 rank in the University)
International Exposure- None so far. However I have handled international clients (US and China)

I am targeting 1 year MBA program in HEC Paris. Request you to evaluate my profile and suggest points of improvement.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Hello GMAT Club!

I am Julien, a 20 years old student in the UK for my Undergraduate Diploma, in my third and last year. I am currently preparing my application for HEC's Master in Management 2022/2023 intake. I would really appreciate it if I could get a profile evaluation from the GMAT Club community.

Nationalities: American, French
Undergraduate Studies: BSc Management Sciences at University College London (One of the Top UK Universities)
Current GMAT Score: 680 (Q44, V38) - In-Person Examination
WES Official GPA Translation: 3.79/4.0 (Year 1 & 2)
Minor & Grade: Engineering Mathematics in Finance (91/100)
Internships: 2 full summer internships in Real Estate and Cybersecurity Firms, 3 work experiences (Math Freelance Tutor, Veolia, MacDonald's)
4 Scenario Weeks (Business Simulation Projects) in Canary Wharf, London
Languages: English (Mother-Tongue), French (Mother-Tongue), Chinese (HSK2 Level)

I am giving my all for the essays, the CV etc. I also took another GMAT Appointment on the 3rd of January right before the deadlines to get a 700+ score. I stressed during my first GMAT and really messed up the Quantitative Section. I purchased GMAT Prep Practice Tests 4 & 5 and scored 710 and 720. I really hope I'll get that score next time.

Anyways, do you think I have a good chance of getting an interview for the program? HEC has always been my dream school since I was a child, let's hope it happens :blushing:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: HBS
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Hi everyone,
Could you evaluate my profile please ?

Here is my profile :

1- Expected GMAT Score : 720-750
2- Age : 26
3- Nationality : French
4- Gender : Male
5- Work Experience : No experience
6- Undergraduate GPA : Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics applied to Economics and Management - University of Sciences and Technologies Lille, GPA : 3
7- Master's degree : Master in Mathmatics and Finance, GPA : 3,33
8- Expected TOEFL Score : 105-110/120
9- Languages : French (Mother tongue), English (Bilingual).

My greatest passion, since my childhood, is : Computer sciences (Programming languages).
Football player
Particular Interests : Bodybuilding, Swimming
Ranked first in all mathematics exams in Bachelor's Degree

Looking to start a career in Trading.

Target programs :
1. MSc International Finance, HEC
2. MiM HEC

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thank you in advance.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
shushin wrote:
Hi everyone,
Could you evaluate my profile please ?

Here is my profile :

1- Expected GMAT Score : 720-750
2- Age : 26
3- Nationality : French
4- Gender : Male
5- Work Experience : No experience
6- Undergraduate GPA : Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics applied to Economics and Management - University of Sciences and Technologies Lille, GPA : 3
7- Master's degree : Master in Mathmatics and Finance, GPA : 3,33
8- Expected TOEFL Score : 105-110/120
9- Languages : French (Mother tongue), English (Bilingual).

My greatest passion, since my childhood, is : Computer sciences (Programming languages).
Football player
Particular Interests : Bodybuilding, Swimming
Ranked first in all mathematics exams in Bachelor's Degree

Looking to start a career in Trading.

Target programs :
1. MSc International Finance, HEC
2. MiM HEC

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Hey shushin,
Schools evaluate your profile on quite a few parameters like:
-GPA
-GMAT
-Work Experience
-Extracurricular activities

Your profile is evaluated under all these parameters, if you lag in one parameter compensate for it in the other categories.
Like in your case your GMAT and extracurriculars are good but your GPA is not that great, but that doesn't mean you won’t have a chance of getting in.
Your target programs are MiF and MiM, and you also don’t have work experience so I would recommend you going after MiM as in MiF work experience is mandatory.
Some schools for MiM you could apply to:
Dream- HEC Paris, INSEAD, LBS
Safe- EDHEC, Durham University, Skema Business School
Competitive - Warwick University, Edinburgh University

You need to create a strong profile so that your low GPA is compensated with your other achievements.
If you would like, we can help you create a strong profile and give a detailed list of schools you should apply to.
We will be happy to set up a strategy session with you according to your convenience.
To set up a Free consulting session with our experts CLICK HERE

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
PROFILE EVAL
Hi, would love to have comments on my profile. I am looking at applying to HEC, ESSEC, NHH, EDHEC and more.

Demographics
Nationality: Indian

Grades
10 grade: 3.4/4 GPA (IGCSE)
12 grade: 85 % Percent (HSC)
Undergraduate: Mass media with a specialization in advertising, current CGPA 8.6

GMAT: aiming for 680-710

Internships
Startup fashion brand
- Catalogued and maintained an MIS for items.
● Researched and wrote original articles for the company blog about fashion.
● Responsible for overseeing rebranding of online assets such as the company website.
Filmfare Middle East Mumbai/ Dubai (does it act as international experience?)
Content Creation Intern
● Researched and wrote blog posts and articles for the company website on a wide range of subjects.
● Created original front page content daily, wrote a minimum of 120 articles in 12 weeks.
● Remotely worked with international and local PR agencies for promotional content. Interviewed
industry specialists
Leo Burnett Mumbai
Brand strategy intern
● Conducted consumer research for clients such as KTM, Bajaj, and Husqvarna.
● Undertook user-specific research for local and international branding.
● Conducted competition analysis research and undertook community-building efforts.
● Undertaking active-consumer research for the client to understand the change in
masculinity in India since the 2000s.

Extracurriculars
Head of Publicity for college film society
● Brainstormed and delegated work to the team to create daily content for social media channels
about cinema and club activities.
● Handled team management and schedule creation for optimization of efforts.
● Created content for social media and boosted engagement.
- leading a team of 5 people
PR executive for annual college festival
PR executive for college fest
Developed, implemented, and tracked digital marketing campaigns through social media marketing.
● Prepared comprehensive reports of Kaleidoscope 2019 for public and sponsor viewing.
● Managed and produced content diary for social media content. Responsible for all PR-related
activities including sponsorships.
- led and coordinated subordinates and managed a team

Head of the design team for college documentary film festival
- leading a team
- content creation
Executive for college MUN

Certifications
- courses from Coursera, google and more in marketing
- certification in film appreciation, adobe softwares from college

Languages: fluent in english, marathi, have A2 proficiency in Spanish and English

Also have a very small business of customized gifting. Dont know if that should be included or not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 2.75
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile.

Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 30
Undergrad Information: 6.4 CGPA, B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering
GMAT: 720 (Q48, V40)
Work experience and leadership: 8+ years in Technical Sales and Marketing, Siemens Ltd. Current Designation: Manager.
Multiple awards at regional and at national level for business performance.
Community and others: Have worked with an NGO " Make a Difference" that uses education as an intervention for underprivileged kids. Also a volunteer scribe for visually challenged students writing UG/High School Exams. I have also worked with couple more NGOs.
Have played Semi Professional football in City Level League.
Post MBA goals: Gen Management- specifically targeting Corporate Leadership Programs
Anything else?
Write poetry, been part of various e magazines .

Thanks in advance.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
ssathyajith wrote:
Hi,

Work experience and leadership: 8+ years in Technical Sales and Marketing, Siemens Ltd. Current Designation: Manager.
Community and others: Have worked with an NGO " Make a Difference" that uses education as an intervention for underprivileged kids. Also a volunteer scribe for visually challenged students writing UG/High School Exams. I have also worked with couple more NGOs.
Post MBA goals: Gen Management- specifically targeting Corporate Leadership Programs
Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Hello ssathyajith,

Hope this finds you well.

Frankly, the only red flag is the low GPA. Else, you have a fine overall profile complete with valuable experience, leadership exposure, and community service.

With a 720 on the GMAT, you have a good chance at making it into HEC Paris provided you put forth compelling essays with a narrative that builds a logical sync between your existing experience and your career goals.

For a detailed profile evaluation, please feel free to get in touch with us.

All the best!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ssathyajith,

First, I would like to say that you have a good amount of work experience and a decent score of 720, plus you also have won several awards at both national and regional levels. Hence, what I would like you to do is highlight those rewards, like what they were for, what you achieved for being rewarded, and what skill-set you helped you achieve those! Also, since you are from a sales background, adding relevant numbers to your profile or quantizing them would be great. You will need to speak about the roles and responsibilities you have undertaken and their impact.

One of the strong points that you have is your ECs. Working as a volunteer scribe and with an NGO showcases your sheer desire to carry out social justice and characterize your selflessness. Your ECs could be huge merit! You need to use it well by describing the problems you faced, how you managed in those difficult situations, and how you made the right decisions at critical moments. All of these could be molded into an exquisite example of your leadership and intellect!

All in all, I would say you have a good score of 720; your post-MBA goals need more elaboration like, in which specific field you would like to work. You have a quality experience and good ECs, which would definitely make it easy for you to book a slot at HEC. However, I would also say that since you are from an overrepresented pool, you would face fierce competition, and a heck of a lot of your selection is directly proportional to your essays and interview. While writing your application, make sure you focus on how HEC’s international scope, deep academic rigor, program structure, and access to a worldwide network connects with your goals and aspirations. So you must work on making your essays elegant unique and try to mold them into a story to catch the attention of the adcom! To know more about HEC, its student clubs, scholarships, essays, and LOR questions, feel free to visit our HEC page. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to HEC. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

ssathyajith wrote:
Hi,

Anything else?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for viewing my profile. Appreciate the feedback!

Nationality: Myanmar
Undergraduate: San Jose State University | B.S Business Administration (Global Operations Management), Minor: Applied Computing for Social & Behavioral Sciences | Cum. GPA: 3.26 (GOM Scholarship Recipient)
GMAT: Scheduled to take in April; practice test points 650 - 700 (willing to retake for higher points)
Work Experience: Manager at Myanmar Conglomerate (2 - 3 years), sectors include Real Estate, Technology, Logistics & Transportation | Assistant Program Manager in the SVCTOM (SJSU) in the US for (1 year), and various internships in the US
Extracurricular & Community Work: Vice President of Global Operations Management Association at SJSU, SMEs Consulting in Myanmar on a pro-bono basis, voluntary English teacher
Post MBA goals: 1st choice: Consulting 2nd choice: Corporate Strategy at big tech firm

Thanks again! Willing to provide more detailed information, if necessary!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 99
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.49
Send PM
Hi

I am looking to apply to HEC Paris' Jan 2023 intake. My professional, personal and academic details are as below:

Nationality:Indian
Undergrad GPA: 2.49/4.00 (from BITS Pilani - one of the top 6-8 engineering schools in india with an acceptance rate of ~1.2%)
Postgraduate GPA: 2.8/4.00 (from IIFT Delhi - one of the top 15 b schools in India) (was in the top 0.5 percentile in the entrance test) (have multiple straight A in Finance subjects)
GMAT: 710 (q49,v38)
CFA level 1 with distinction in all subject areas tested.

Work Experience: 7 years of work experience across the social sector, venture capital, front-end finance and banking, and finally in Financial Technology.

1.2 years as a full-time Teach for India fellow teaching kids in an under-resourced and low-income community in Pune, India.
2.1 year as an Analyst at a Venture capital firm
3.Management Trainee then Manager and finally Senior Manager at one of the largest private banks in India (hired straight out of b school as part of a selective leadership development program of the bank). Role in front-end securities trading, structuring, valuation etc. Considerable interaction with overseas corporate clients, both Indian and MNCs. Have handles businesses/deals of the order of 100 to 500 million $.Obtained the highest possible performance rating for three consecutive years (basically every year I was with the bank) and promoted twice in as many years.
4.Currently, a fintech product manager at one of India's largest online investment platforms. Managing product strategy, customer interactions, user experience, etc

Other Information:
1. Nominated for the Economic Times Young leaders award by my previous employer.
2. Rally driver for Mahindra Adventure in the amateur category.
3. Leadership position in multiple student bodies, clubs and organizing committees at BITS Pilani.
4.Part of the team that brought Tedx to BITS pilani for the first time.
5. Distinction holding painter in school.

Long Term Career Goal : Leadership role in Product Strategy (in areas such as Fintech, E-commerce, consumer facing businesses, etc)

My specific question: Considering my low cgpa, I realise that my GMAT should be as high as possible. Is a 710 sufficient to somewhat negate the impact of the low under-grad CGPA ? Because if it is not then I will have to re-attempt the test. However, going for a re-attempt will result in missing the earlier application rounds of HEC and because I am from an over-represented applicant pool I believe it is not advisable to apply in a later round. Further, there is no guarantee that I will score in the 740+ range in my second re-attempt although I am confident I have fairly high chances of doing so.

Taking into account all of the above should I chose an earlier application round + a bit lower gmat score OR re-attempt and go for a later round with the new score (provided I do better in my re-attempt) ? Any expert advice will be highly valuable
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi phyothihannyein,

Thanks for the post!

First, let us look at some of the pros of your profile. So, you do have a decent GPA, and you are scoring around 700 on your GMAT, plus you still have about two months left for your GMAT. Hence, dedicating yourself to your GMAT as a score in the range of 735-740 would definitely aid your admission process. Moreover, you have a minor in Applied Computing for Social & Behavioral Sciences; hence you could definitely add some lines regarding the valuable skill-set learned and how the experience is relevant to pursuing an MBA & your future goals.

Now coming to your work experience, I would like to know more about your role as a manager at Myanmar Conglomerate, specifically the different responsibilities, projects, and roles you played in various sectors of Real Estate, Technology, Logistics & Transportation. Also, as part of your international experience, which is a definite game-changer, I would like to know more about the difference in roles & responsibilities, projects assigned, and new all about new experiences and skill-set learned in your international tenure.

You do have some ECAs, but I would like you to elaborate on these based on problems & challenges faced, your role in making a change, and the leadership skills you applied to drive that change. If you could work on all these factors, definitely your profile will get an unimaginable boost. To know more about HEC, its student clubs, scholarships, essays, and LOR questions, feel free to visit our HEC page.

Finally, you do have a good profile and stand a chance at HEC ( given improving your GMAT score). However, I would like to get to know about your target schools, ECAs, your aspirations post-MBA all of these in order to guide you better!

If you wish to connect, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to b-schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

phyothihannyein wrote:
Thanks for viewing my profile. Appreciate the feedback!

Nationality: Myanmar
Undergraduate: San Jose State University | B.S Business Administration (Global Operations Management), Minor: Applied Computing for Social & Behavioral Sciences | Cum. GPA: 3.26 (GOM Scholarship Recipient)
GMAT: Scheduled to take in April; practice test points 650 - 700 (willing to retake for higher points)
Work Experience: Manager at Myanmar Conglomerate (2 - 3 years), sectors include Real Estate, Technology, Logistics & Transportation | Assistant Program Manager in the SVCTOM (SJSU) in the US for (1 year), and various internships in the US
Extracurricular & Community Work: Vice President of Global Operations Management Association at SJSU, SMEs Consulting in Myanmar on a pro-bono basis, voluntary English teacher
Post MBA goals: 1st choice: Consulting 2nd choice: Corporate Strategy at big tech firm

Thanks again! Willing to provide more detailed information, if necessary!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  30