Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 15:44 It is currently 05 May 2024, 15:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73049 [370]
Given Kudos: 18908
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V43
GPA: 2
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73049 [0]
Given Kudos: 18908
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: What Are My Chances - Profile Evaluation Tool! WAMC [#permalink]
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to know which category of representation does an Indian female from IT consulting belong to.

Also, I will be applying in round 2 but I don't have more than one year of full time work experience so which top colleges would I have the most chance of getting into? Would be grateful if anyone could provide me a bit of advice.

My Background:

I have given my first attempt of GMAT on 26th September,2021 and have scored 730 (Q49,V40, IR 8,AWA 5.5).
I have completed my B.Tech Electronics from VJTI,Mumbai in May,2021 with an 8.48 CGPA and am working now in an IT consultancy giant.

Thank you in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Well it seems like I don't have a shot in INSEAD even if I manage to get a 760+ in GMAT...

1. Background: Indian male. Studied chemical engineering in college and worked for 6 months as a chemical engineer in a manufacturing plant. Then I quit and started working in an MNC in Human Resources (my actual job is a bit complicated and hard to explain but it's not the kind where quick promotions and projects are possible), working primarily with Japan, but in India (self-studying Japanese for close to 5 and a half years) but also with the US, Europe and other Asian countries. I guess this, or online interactions don't count as international exposure.

2. My college performance was not very good and its chemical engineering programme is relatively new. I don't know of any alumni who studied in B-schools outside of India.

3. I occasionally engage in creative writing, but never any essays. Never really found the opportunity to write essays.

I figured I could create an opportunity despite all this with a good GMAT score and initiative to be better, but perhaps it's too late.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi guys! First of all, congrats on such an amazing tool, really helpful :)

I have a question regarding the "undergraduate prestigue in your country".
I studied in an under represented country (Peru), and as you can imagine we dont have any university that feeds Top BS with a lot of students. Does it means i have to put "low-almost no students in top BS"? My university is a top3 in Peru (top1 for my career) but if my reasoning above is correct, it doesnt matter in which university i studied because none of them feeds in medium or high level to top BS.

I know this is not the perfect tool for assessment but i have the doubt in that question, thx!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
luiscustodio1303 wrote:
Hi guys! First of all, congrats on such an amazing tool, really helpful :)

I have a question regarding the "undergraduate prestigue in your country".
I studied in an under represented country (Peru), and as you can imagine we dont have any university that feeds Top BS with a lot of students. Does it means i have to put "low-almost no students in top BS"? My university is a top3 in Peru (top1 for my career) but if my reasoning above is correct, it doesnt matter in which university i studied because none of them feeds in medium or high level to top BS.

I know this is not the perfect tool for assessment but i have the doubt in that question, thx!

I would put the lowest option since your school does not feed into top b-schools.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
Send PM
Hi GC folks

I'm quite worried about my career and future plans. While I've always been pretty good at acads, my work ex so far doesn't do justice to my career plans.
As a matter of fact, despite targeting a 750, the tool shows a "Very Low Probability" of me getting into a top B-school, owing primarily to my work ex, I believe?

Can someone guide me as to how should I go about? Should I drop my dream of doing MBA from a top B-school and aiming for a decent career?
Any help appreciated.

PS - Shoutout to GC - this is a great tool, very helpful!!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 99
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.49
Send PM
Hey ! Can you guys add HEC Paris, ESADE, SDA Bocconi, IMD Switzerland & Judge Cambridge to the list ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any open chances in the 2022 calender?
Would like to see any of them or be directed where they make posts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBACrystalBall wrote:
Good work, souvik101990, bb & team!

I liked the part that you've also included some subjective aspects like the application / essay quality, in addition to the tangible/quantifiable parameters.

Aligned with the point on writing skills, it may be helpful to have a similar one on 'Interviewing skills'.
Nevertheless, it can be a good launch pad to understand what parameters affect their odds.

Well quoted. Helpful info he shared
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hemant611 wrote:
Hi, this is a 'what are my chances', kind of query.

I have a low GPA with 70% in 10th, 70% in 12th(commerce), 50% in Bcom from delhi university (phew!) & 70% in PG diploma In marketing communications. Overall my Gpa is below average.

I have been preparing for gmat & have scored a 700 in official mocks. I should be able to score around 720+ by the time i write the test.

I have 7 years of work experience in multitudes of marketing roles (with advertising, digital marketing & brand strategy consulting) ,with Brand strategy as predominant work. Currently working in an ad agency as a Brand strategy director.

Have a an award for first place in a media campaign contest from my time in my PG diploma.
Have been part of a team which has been awarded Cannes lion gold for an ad campaign, in 2019.

Out side of work,
- I have been pro-bono consulting with a fairly new NGO for girl children, for the past year. Have helped in creating their marketing approach.
- Have been associated with a Environmental NGO since 2009 & led almost 30 treks across Uttrakhand & Himcha; to clean the mountain garbage.
Have won CBSE nationals in basket ball during my 12th standard days
- Have served as a hostel captain for a year in my 3rd year of graduation in Delhi where I was responsible for welfare, catering, sports & debates.
- Have recently started advising a Fashion start-up, in their brand strategy, which drop ships silk apparel to US & EU markets.
- Have a been training in martial arts for the past 3 years & have competed in local events & won a couple of them
- For the past year, I have been part of a training program for women to help them learn self defense.

While I am aware my GPA is a red flag for top b schools, and the evaluator app clearly shows LBS as low probability for me, how impossible are my chances at LBS, Said Oxford, Insead? And should i even consider applying to these colleges.

Sorry for the long post by I have been losing sleep over this & any advice will be helpful.

Thanks

Hey Hemant611,

I can see you have a very great profile with 7+ years of work experience and having so much social work in your profile. As you have scored 700 in your GMAT which is not at all a bad score. It’s a pretty good score. Even you have a so much of extracurricular that adds can so much more weightage in your application abroad.

In LBS they will look at all elements of your score and although a good score is preferable and GMAT is just one of several admissions criteria.
Just as a high score does not guarantee admission, a below average score does not always eliminate a candidate. You should however note that the minimum score we will accept is usually around 600. That means you can for sure apply to LBS with 700 GMAT also as you are trying to rewrite the test try to get score30-40 more. Also you have a pretty decent GRE of 70% and it is not a red flag at all.

All LBS Requirements are:
Fulfilling the application criteria of having an undergraduate degree and a minimum of 2 years work experience.
Application essays.
One-page CV.
Names and details of two referees.
GMAT score.
Proof of English language ability.
Application fee.
Copy of transcripts.

Same as in Oxford, candidates apply with a GMAT score of 650 or above, though they accept all scores. The median GMAT for the 2021-22 class is 690. A high score does not guarantee a place, nor does a low score disqualify you.

All Oxford Requirements are:
Undergrad Degree
GMAT/GRE
Application Essays
Online Assessment
Names and details of two referees
Application fee.

The average INSEAD GMAT score is 706; the range is typically around 600 to 800 which means you can easily apply to INSEAD too.
Other Requirements are:
Undergrad Degree
GMAT
Two LOR
Application Essays
Recorded video interview
Names and details of two referees
Application fee.
Official transcripts

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.
We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience
You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION
You can also evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and understand where you rank among the competition through the link provided:
Evaluate your Profile
_______
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
stormfather98 wrote:
Well it seems like I don't have a shot in INSEAD even if I manage to get a 760+ in GMAT...

1. Background: Indian male. Studied chemical engineering in college and worked for 6 months as a chemical engineer in a manufacturing plant. Then I quit and started working in an MNC in Human Resources (my actual job is a bit complicated and hard to explain but it's not the kind where quick promotions and projects are possible), working primarily with Japan, but in India (self-studying Japanese for close to 5 and a half years) but also with the US, Europe and other Asian countries. I guess this, or online interactions don't count as international exposure.

2. My college performance was not very good and its chemical engineering programme is relatively new. I don't know of any alumni who studied in B-schools outside of India.

3. I occasionally engage in creative writing, but never any essays. Never really found the opportunity to write essays.

I figured I could create an opportunity despite all this with a good GMAT score and initiative to be better, but perhaps it's too late.

Hello stormfather98,
First of all, let me tell you there is no such thing as being too late.
Even if you missed out the deadline you can always apply in the forthcoming deadlines.
And with September 2022 intake approaching this is the perfect time for you to start your preparation.
Now, let's analyze your profile.
As you mentioned you have a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, you must mention what made you change your career path from engineering to management.
Admission committee looks for diversity and If written correctly it can be a compelling argument that makes you stand out from the crowd that can get you your dream admit.
Having business-related experience helps but be sure to back your experience with examples of workplace achievements and learnings.
You haven’t mentioned much about your GPA or extracurriculars.
Please mention them so I can evaluate your profile better.
Having a 750 GMAT does not guarantee your admission if you don’t meet other eligibility criteria.
However, you will be happy to know that many universities have waived off the GMAT for the final rounds, and, most UK Schools do not need a mandatory GMAT score.
You have as much of a shot as any other applicant. Do your research and make sure you fulfill each and every admission criteria.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience
You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION
You can also evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and understand where you rank among the competition through the link provided:
Evaluate your Profile
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
rafa90 wrote:
bb

I have a question while choosing reputation of the undergraduate institution.

In my case, I went to a top ten private school in my country and have a Master’s degree in Engineering from a top 10 school in the US (think UT Austin/Purdue)

What do I choose since I have an undergraduate and graduate degrees.

You can very easily get the ranking of your undergraduate school and mention it in your application for universities abroad. The one thing I would like to mention is that you should always highlight all the strengths of your profile in your application because an otherwise excellent profile can get rejected because of an important factor being missed or not highlighted properly in the application.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this call, you will be getting:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______

Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi Everyone, I really need help to decide my short term goal, in a way that does not negatively impact my applications.
GMAT - 760
Indian Male, 32, Law undergrad
Company- EdTech start-up, into training and mentoring. Has operations in 20 major cities.
Experience- 8 years.
Work- Successfully launched offline operations in 8 cities across India. Analyzed the market, target audience, advert requirements, competition activities, human resource requirements and prepared a plan accordingly. Implemented the plan by conducting branding sessions inside schools and college, organizing and hosting big ticket events, recruiting and training the staff for executing the sales targets and building a stellar media connect in these cities. In addition to this, hosted, planned and logistically managed more than 100 city level events pan India in the past 8 years.
Strategized and launched a tie-up program wherein educational institutes were given an opportunity to brand their products inside our ecosystem. As a part of this activity, made presentations regarding the efficacy of the tie up program before numerous institutes across India and after rigorous negotiations.
Part of the team which was tasked to prepare a cogent plan when the company decided to enter the online education space, subsequently developed the online training platform.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 340
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Hi, I was checking my chances and seem to be happy to see some good schools in my above average and average chances. However, I wish more European schools could be included in the list- schools such as HEC, IE and SDA since these are some of the top ranked schools according to some credible websites. I am actually hoping to get into a European program and am a Non-IT Indian female candidate.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
amogh11 wrote:
Hi Everyone, I really need help to decide my short term goal, in a way that does not negatively impact my applications.
GMAT - 760
Indian Male, 32, Law undergrad
Company- EdTech start-up, into training and mentoring. Has operations in 20 major cities.
Experience- 8 years.
Work- Successfully launched offline operations in 8 cities across India. Analyzed the market, target audience, advert requirements, competition activities, human resource requirements and prepared a plan accordingly. Implemented the plan by conducting branding sessions inside schools and college, organizing and hosting big ticket events, recruiting and training the staff for executing the sales targets and building a stellar media connect in these cities. In addition to this, hosted, planned and logistically managed more than 100 city level events pan India in the past 8 years.
Strategized and launched a tie-up program wherein educational institutes were given an opportunity to brand their products inside our ecosystem. As a part of this activity, made presentations regarding the efficacy of the tie up program before numerous institutes across India and after rigorous negotiations.
Part of the team which was tasked to prepare a cogent plan when the company decided to enter the online education space, subsequently developed the online training platform.

Hey Amogh, your profile is pretty amazing.

I would like to mention one more thing here, you scored 760 in your GMAT which is pretty impressive.
You have very decent work experience. One thing is pretty impressive that you have launched offline operations in not 1 or 2, 8 countries that’s a big number. But after reading much I learned that you managed more than 100 city-level events, really really impressive. Great work with your work experience.

As your concern is you need help to decide your short-term goal. So, I would really suggest you to have correct suggestions from the top experts. Book a call with our experts and let them help you decide your short-term goal.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this FREE call, you will be getting:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______

Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for this interesting information!
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi bruma,

Thank you for your post. Being a dentist sets you apart from the crowd to some extent. Dentists can do well, and Personal MBA Coach has worked with dentists before. The key here is to show leadership.

In terms of target schools, Duke Fuqua and Yale SOM have strong emphases on social impact if you are interested in US b-schools.

That said, you will want to work to maximize your GMAT score. Currently, a 600 will impact your chances of admission.

If you’re looking to hire a consultant, feel free to send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com to discuss how we can help set you up for success!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

bruma wrote:
Hi! I am an Indian female.

Qualification: Dentist with post Graduation in public health
Experience: ten years in health care management and not for profit public health working with government and international NGOs
I also run my own NGO part-time focussing on school health programme in rural areas of India
GMAT: 600

I wish to apply for a one year MBA program in US / Europe. Please suggest which school will suit my profile to pursue a further career in health care / social impact
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This is a very helpful tool, thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Time for an Update bb ? with covid a lot of adcom preferences changed. Not to mention top 25 universities have also seen some new additions! Would be great if these changes were reflected. Thanks for the tool though, tells us where to put effort!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23