It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 10:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Poll: Kellogg ($$) vs Ross ($$$) vs Fuqua ($$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Kellogg ($$) vs Ross ($$$) vs Fuqua ($$$)

• 62% [15]
  • 25% [6]
  • 12% [3]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.7
Poll: Kellogg ($$) vs Ross ($$$) vs Fuqua ($$$) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 12:05
Hey All,

I have a healthcare background and want to stay in the healthcare field but explore healthcare consulting right out of school. I have a slight preference for the Midwest but am open to other geographies. I received a 75% scholarship to Kellogg and 100% scholarship to Ross and Fuqua. Having trouble deciding between the 3. I know Kellogg has the name brand and I should have plenty of options in healthcare or consulting in the midwest area. I loved Ross and they have great consulting placement as well. Not sold on the location of Fuqua but is the strength of the healthcare program worth enough to forego 75% scholarship at Kellogg?

Any input you can provide would be great!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Poll: Kellogg ($$) vs Ross ($$$) vs Fuqua ($$$) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 12:41
That’s a hard one.

Fuqua is a strong healthcare program. They have a healthcare track with healthcare recruiting provided by the school. It makes a lot of sense in your case.

Kellogg has many other benefits including location and ranking.

The money plays a role but it is not as big one. I would not prioritize that component and consider it in the end, unless you have a ton of undergrad debt.

Congratulations!

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 31 Mar 2018, 01:42
ebish003 wrote:
Hey All,

I have a healthcare background and want to stay in the healthcare field but explore healthcare consulting right out of school. I have a slight preference for the Midwest but am open to other geographies. I received a 75% scholarship to Kellogg and 100% scholarship to Ross and Fuqua. Having trouble deciding between the 3. I know Kellogg has the name brand and I should have plenty of options in healthcare or consulting in the midwest area. I loved Ross and they have great consulting placement as well. Not sold on the location of Fuqua but is the strength of the healthcare program worth enough to forego 75% scholarship at Kellogg?

This to me is a straight vote for Kellogg as a ~25% differnece in the scholarships amount should not sway your decision. In addition to what bb mentioned above regarding Kellogg, Kellogg has upped its game lately in HC by adding close to 10 new HC focused courses starting with HC economics , HC strategy, HC Experiential course (new offering in 2018) to having a HC focussed 'pathway' that people can delve into for building their credentials. This matched with HC conference organized every year is a great combination to forge new connections and networks. Finally, there are HC focused treks organized by Kellogg's CMC (career center) to HC companies in Chicago/NYC every year that will be another way to find your way into the HC industry.

If you want to stick to HC consulting post MBA, Kellogg is a no-brainer here. Ross and Fuqua are great schools as well but Kellogg wins here due to its brand and a much larger alumni base that you can tap into right from the very first day.

Congrats and good luck. Let us know which one you choose.

Originally posted by ENGRTOMBA2018 on 30 Mar 2018, 02:34.
Last edited by ENGRTOMBA2018 on 31 Mar 2018, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Poll: Kellogg ($$) vs Ross ($$$) vs Fuqua ($$$) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 03:59
ebish003 wrote:
Hey All,

Congrats for your achievement :-)

I was going to recommend Fuqua to you as it has healthcare specialty but ENGRTOMBA2018 has provided sufficient inf about healthcare in Kellogg which makes strongly recommend it over Fuqua . It is big university and powerhouse for consulting with new healthcare track and in your preference area Midwest. Also, the 25% is not issue for domestic students (as I assume you are). I would even advice the same though for internationals in this case.

Good luck
2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2018, 01:17
This post received
KUDOS
Kellogg was 2 of the best years of my life, highly recommend it. Still in very close touch with many of classmates 2 years later (10-50 message a day group texts, we all fly out to see each other every 4 months or so), which appears to be rare at other schools.
Poll: Kellogg ($$) vs Ross ($$$) vs Fuqua ($$$)   [#permalink] 31 Mar 2018, 01:17

Poll: Kellogg ($$) vs Ross ($$$) vs Fuqua ($$$)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, teleste, jessepinkman

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap