Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Olin '19 (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Olin has a low yield rate. So, the number of calls made will be high.

Anyone here got a phone call from the admissions team? Or was the update only on the portal? Also, any news about the $$ ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
I got a call a few hours ago

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Director
Director
Send PM
adutta120689 And did the adcom said anything about the $$ ? When can we expect any information wrt scholarship? Any idea.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
keats wrote:
adutta120689 And did the adcom said anything about the $$ ? When can we expect any information wrt scholarship? Any idea.

She didn't mention anything. But I did speak to a couple of admitted students and they said that any scholarship detail will be present in the admit packet; nothing on the portal
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.95
WE:Architecture (Real Estate)
Send PM
Admitted.
Hoping to get some $$
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Waitlisted, dont know what went wrong. Congratulations to all the admits.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I got the interview invite today. Strange, but I wont complain :P
Re-applicant, R3, International. Any one else who got a call?
Congratualtions to all admits.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Admitted R3! Was told over the phone that the admission packet email should arrive sometime next week with funding information. Have any of you guys received scholarship information?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
keats wrote:

What do you mean by low yield rate?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
sidceg wrote:
keats wrote:

Yield rate is measured as number of enrollments out of total number of admits. Low yield rate would mean that few applicants who are admitted actually enroll in the program. Hope this clarifies your question.

Read this article by Poets & Quants to give you some more perspective: https://poetsandquants.com/2016/04/13/bu ... ts-want/2/
Director
Director
Send PM
svsk has nicely explained. Hope it helped,sidceg.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
svsk wrote:
sidceg wrote:
keats wrote:

Yield rate is measured as number of enrollments out of total number of admits. Low yield rate would mean that few applicants who are admitted actually enroll in the program. Hope this clarifies your question.

Read this article by Poets & Quants to give you some more perspective: https://poetsandquants.com/2016/04/13/bu ... ts-want/2/

svsk and keats thank you for clarifying. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hey guys,

Congratulations to all the admits! There is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for those who are definitely enrolling at Olin. If you have decided to matriculate here, PM me with your number and I will add you the group!

Congratulations again:)

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NoDing wrote:
Hey guys,

Congratulations to all the admits! There is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for those who are definitely enrolling at Olin. If you have decided to matriculate here, PM me with your number and I will add you the group!

While I do understand that a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the "decided" students will be of immense help to take it forward, but I'm just curious - won't the group be also helpful for the admitted students, such as me, to help in their decision process? Well, I believe there's a lot to learn from students who have already made their decision and can benefit from their thought process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
sidceg wrote:
NoDing wrote:
Hey guys,

While I do understand that a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the "decided" students will be of immense help to take it forward, but I'm just curious - won't the group be also helpful for the admitted students, such as me, to help in their decision process? Well, I believe there's a lot to learn from students who have already made their decision and can benefit from their thought process.

There is a group for the admitted students as well, but I have exited from that group.. if you do have any questions while making your decision PM me too, would be happy​ to help!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [5]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos