GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Apr 2019, 21:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 03:52
Hi blitz15..
Is Olin ur last bet or u have any other offers in Ur kitty to choose from..?
I had applied to 4 other colleges and got dinged from all of them so it's either Olin or one more year..

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jun 2016
Posts: 26
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 04:14
murtuzahn wrote:
Hi blitz15..
Is Olin ur last bet or u have any other offers in Ur kitty to choose from..?
I had applied to 4 other colleges and got dinged from all of them so it's either Olin or one more year..

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
I have offers from Oxford-Said and some of the IIMs in India. I'm waitlisted at Imperial and Olin and got dinged at ISB. And yet to receive a call from McCombs. I just kept Olin as a backup school though.

Where all have you applied?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 07:00
I applied to Ross, duke, tepper and Georgetown other than Olin....
I started my MBA journey in June last year and didn't give enough time for my school selection and essays....
I am thinking of taking up Olin in case I get in rather than wasting another year in re applications....


Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Jun 2016
Posts: 26
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 07:54
murtuzahn wrote:
I applied to Ross, duke, tepper and Georgetown other than Olin....
I started my MBA journey in June last year and didn't give enough time for my school selection and essays....
I am thinking of taking up Olin in case I get in rather than wasting another year in re applications....


Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Yup, I feel its better to join Olin than delaying a year because the average post-mba exit package is 100,000 which is almost the same as Ross and the others. I would also join Olin if I didnt get any other school. I made the mistake of starting only in Jan and could only apply in the 3rd-4th rounds, which affected my chances.

Plus, WashU as a university seems to be ranked pretty high. So it doesn't make sense to wait another year without a guarantee of getting a significantly better school.
By the way, what is your background like, and what are your post-mba goals?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2017, 09:27
I did my bachelor's in 2008 from Pune university - etrx engg.
Worked for a startup for a year, then moved on to Siemens. Worked there for 30 months than decided to take over our family business of retail hardware after my dad passed away......now the business is stable so I can move on in the pursuit of my long term dreams of tech entrepreneurship...
Post MBA I want to establish a tech startup or work in a tech company where I can develop myself for entrepreneurship...
That's pretty much me in a nutshell.....
How about u?


Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Sep 2015
Posts: 14
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.54
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 06:05
murtuzahn wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I applied in Round 3 and was interviewed on 31st March by Nikky Lemley. The interview was pretty conversational with all the standard questions and went pretty good. I was informed during the interview that my decision would be conveyed on 5th of May. So eagerly awaiting the decision. Anybody else here who applied in Round 3 but awaiting the decision yet?


Hi,
I had also applied in round 3 and was interviewed on 30th March by Nikki Lemley. Awaiting the final results.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 06:17
Hi Anuj,
Do u have any other offers ?
And what's Ur GMAT score?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2017, 21:33
Hello everyone,
Got an email today morning saying they have put me on the waitlist. Could not find the next notification date on the website.
Need help in deciding whether to be on the waitlist or move on and start afresh for another year of applications...
I am planning to take some professional help both for my gmat and applications this year and i can sign up for both once i make the decision. Just 4-5 months left before R1 begins so need to decide fast...
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2015
Posts: 169
Location: Pakistan
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE: Business Development (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 02:05
rejected after interview no luck
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Sep 2016
Posts: 7
Location: United States (MO)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.59
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 04:07
Got the call last night. Admitted with scholarship!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2016
Posts: 5
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Schools: Olin '19 (WL)
GMAT 1: 720 Q41 V47
GPA: 3.25
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 04:58
jgr128 wrote:
Got the call last night. Admitted with scholarship!


Congratulations! did you apply separately for scholarship? and also, I got wait-listed, does this mean even if i do get in, i wont get any scholarship?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 31 May 2015
Posts: 21
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 06:06
murtuzahn wrote:
Hello everyone,
Got an email today morning saying they have put me on the waitlist. Could not find the next notification date on the website.
Need help in deciding whether to be on the waitlist or move on and start afresh for another year of applications...
I am planning to take some professional help both for my gmat and applications this year and i can sign up for both once i make the decision. Just 4-5 months left before R1 begins so need to decide fast...


You should sign up for R1. I think it's pretty hard to get a decent scholarship this last round. Are you international? Due to visa processing, I don't think they will often have last minute admit from waitlist for intl, adcom will prefer Americans. If you wait for R1, there will be more money available.
One concern is if you apply R1 the schools that you got waitlisted or dinged, be prepared to show improvements in your profile to be considered for admission. That will be hard to achieved in just 4-5 months, but worth a try. Btw, you can look at different schools next application season. The previous pool may not fit.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 07:01
Congrats...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 07:08
hanminhee wrote:
murtuzahn wrote:
Hello everyone,
Got an email today morning saying they have put me on the waitlist. Could not find the next notification date on the website.
Need help in deciding whether to be on the waitlist or move on and start afresh for another year of applications...
I am planning to take some professional help both for my gmat and applications this year and i can sign up for both once i make the decision. Just 4-5 months left before R1 begins so need to decide fast...


You should sign up for R1. I think it's pretty hard to get a decent scholarship this last round. Are you international? Due to visa processing, I don't think they will often have last minute admit from waitlist for intl, adcom will prefer Americans. If you wait for R1, there will be more money available.
One concern is if you apply R1 the schools that you got waitlisted or dinged, be prepared to show improvements in your profile to be considered for admission. That will be hard to achieved in just 4-5 months, but worth a try. Btw, you can look at different schools next application season. The previous pool may not fit.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, I agree that being from India it's gonna be even more difficult to convert from waitlist...
And yes I can improve the GMAT score and essays but other than that it will be difficult to show any tangible improvements in work experience in such a short time...I need to cast a wider net in school selection.....
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Location: United States (NY)
Schools: Johnson '19 (WD)
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.63
WE: Brand Management (Retail Banking)
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 16:27
jgr128 wrote:
Got the call last night. Admitted with scholarship!


How did you know you got the scholarship? They usually don't reveal that in the phone call, and ask you to wait for the admission package to arrive before you find out about the scholarship.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Posts: 450
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 19:37
Just realize one thing....the tuition is now $57,900 per year....not $53,500 anymore.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Posts: 450
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 19:40
ProspMBADude wrote:
jgr128 wrote:
Got the call last night. Admitted with scholarship!


How did you know you got the scholarship? They usually don't reveal that in the phone call, and ask you to wait for the admission package to arrive before you find out about the scholarship.


Maybe he is just that good :) congrats jgr128!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2016
Posts: 18
Schools: Olin '19 (WL)
GPA: 3.64
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2017, 07:06
Anyone else waiting to hear back from them? Any waitlisters or round 4 applicants?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2016
Posts: 5
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Schools: Olin '19 (WL)
GMAT 1: 720 Q41 V47
GPA: 3.25
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2017, 07:56
I am... Not too optimistic on it now..

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Posts: 450
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2017, 08:01
If I remember correctly, Olin admitted a few WL'ed candidates in mid June, but then there was not a big number of it. I think in the next week or so people will all have to decide whether they are taking certain offers, and there should be a few spots open up for WL'ed people. Good luck to everyone.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 28 May 2017, 08:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16    Next  [ 308 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: anirbank91



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.