Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 128
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
Well, just finished the interview with UNC. I was interviewed by a member of admission team and I felt very disappointed at the attitude and preparation of the interviewer. I asked two specific questions about investment class and one question about the degree of which an international applicant could borrow loans to finance his or her education. She didn’t know. I was totally speechless!

She quizzed me as if I were a criminal lol. Cold face, minimal eye contact, smile two times (I can count number of time she smiled lol)

Here is the list of question:

1. Tell me about your job? What do you like most about it?
2. What is a typical day of your job?
3. What type of external partners are you dealing with?
4. What about internal parties?
5. How do you manage stress?
6. Your biggest accomplishment?
7. Your experience of failure?
8. Why UNC?
9. Career goals?Long-term and short-term?
10. Tell me about the occasion that led you to choose your desired career path
11. Tell me about your team work experience?
12. What characteristics are you looking for when recruiting team member?
13. What personal trait do you admire most about your boss?
14. What is the area of your boss that you believe can be improved?
15. Tell me about a time you failed and lesson learned?
16. What is your biggest accomplishment out side of work?
17. What is the best way in your opinion to develop your team member?
18. Any questions for me? I asked three and she didn’t know. So the last question is about ASW and thanks god, she knew!!!!!

The interview lasted 30 mins and 53 seconds!!

Good luck guys!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Just received that package with videos.
But no letter with it. The packaging mentioned contents as an admission letter and a video brochure.

Did anyone get a letter along with the brochure? I think I will need to apply for a loan here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
Just received that package with videos.
But no letter with it. The packaging mentioned contents as an admission letter and a video brochure.

Did anyone get a letter along with the brochure? I think I will need to apply for a loan here.

No letter here either. Just the welcome card on the inside sleeve of the video folder.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
emeraldweapon wrote:
Well, just finished the interview with UNC. I was interviewed by a member of admission team and I felt very disappointed at the attitude and preparation of the interviewer. I asked two specific questions about investment class and one question about the degree of which an international applicant could borrow loans to finance his or her education. She didn’t know. I was totally speechless!

She quizzed me as if I were a criminal lol. Cold face, minimal eye contact, smile two times (I can count number of time she smiled lol)

8. Why UNC?
18. Any questions for me? I asked three and she didn’t know. So the last question is about ASW and thanks god, she knew!!!!!

Good luck guys!

I think I understand why you would ask about specific courses, but why would an admissions member know anything specific about an investment class, outside of maybe the professor? That isn’t their job - you should ask those questions/ reach out to current students, professors and potentially alumni.

As for your financing question - again that would have nothing to do with him/her. The school isn’t a bank - it doesn’t offer financing. You do that separately. That’s something you should research on your own (google) to find the answer - it is out there and you do have options.

You may have saved yourself asking about ASW, but those other two were just odd questions to ask in an admissions interview. This isn’t KFBS specific advice, just for general MBA interview questions for you going forward. No need to bash the interviewer - this was on you.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: NUS '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
nyrnyg9412 wrote:
emeraldweapon wrote:

8. Why UNC?

Good luck guys!

I think I understand why you would ask about specific courses, but why would an admissions member know anything specific about an investment class, outside of maybe the professor? That isn’t their job - you should ask those questions/ reach out to current students, professors and potentially alumni.

As for your financing question - again that would have nothing to do with him/her. The school isn’t a bank - it doesn’t offer financing. You do that separately. That’s something you should research on your own (google) to find the answer - it is out there and you do have options.

You may have saved yourself asking about ASW, but those other two were just odd questions to ask in an admissions interview. This isn’t KFBS specific advice, just for general MBA interview questions for you going forward. No need to bash the interviewer - this was on you.

Seconded.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
nyrnyg9412 wrote:
emeraldweapon wrote:

8. Why UNC?

Good luck guys!

Absolutely agreed!! These kinds of questions actually show lack of preparation for school specific interview. The information for the q can be found on their website or just emailing current international students.

Personally I struggled with asking q myself but realized the q’s should focus on how you think the school can impact you. What kind of changes were happening at the school or if you noticed something had changed ask them about how that’s gonna impact the direction the school takes. May be explain why you ask specific q. But q about courses are best left for current students.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi.
This post and replies on it are more for an educational purpose.
I know, there may be a few already would have left this board, but the question to those cross admits is: what other school(s) you made it to and why would you choose that one over KFBS or other way around?
There is Decisionwire too, to get some general idea, but wouldn't hurt to ask again.
Admitted
21 Dec, 2017
27 Feb 2018, 00:08
aditya1122 GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; GPA: 3.84; WE: 36 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Admitted
29 Jan, 2018
27 Feb 2018, 00:09
aditya1122 GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; GPA: 3.84; WE: 36 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 2.79
Send PM
Hi guys,

have R3 interview invites been completed?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
rabeetahsan wrote:
Hi guys,

I sure hope not. I still haven't heard back from KF for my round 3 app (the last of 6 schools). I think that they truly issue invites on a rolling basis, so it seems tough to time it. Keep the faith.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 110
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
slipmeone wrote:
rabeetahsan wrote:
Hi guys,

I sure hope not. I still haven't heard back from KF for my round 3 app (the last of 6 schools). I think that they truly issue invites on a rolling basis, so it seems tough to time it. Keep the faith.

Notifications for R3 are sent mid March so I suppose they are finalizing their decisions now. My interviewer told me that decisions and admits are usually sent a week before the deadline.

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Anyone get any news? We are now less than a week before the deadline

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Olin '20 (M$)
GRE 1: Q161 V161
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
My interviewer told me that if you are accepted you will likely get a call from your interviewer either the Friday or weekend before the decision deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
msfan12 wrote:
My interviewer told me that if you are accepted you will likely get a call from your interviewer either the Friday or weekend before the decision deadline.

Ah I see. Good to know. Thank you. Odd that they would call on weekends.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Olin '20 (M$)
GRE 1: Q161 V161
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Nson40 wrote:
msfan12 wrote:

Yeah I thought that was strange too! But for me I think it’s good because I don’t always have access to my phone at work. It looks like in previous years they actually did make a lot of calls on Sunday. We will see!!

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
msfan12 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:
msfan12 wrote:

Yeah I thought that was strange too! But for me I think it’s good because I don’t always have access to my phone at work. It looks like in previous years they actually did make a lot of calls on Sunday. We will see!!

Posted from my mobile device

Yeah, at times they call even on weekends.
But, not all admitted ones get a call. Chances are, if one is assigned a scholarship (fellowship - in case of KFBS), the probability of a call increases significantly.
I got admitted, without any money on the table, and never got a call.

So yeah, if you get a call, enjoy. But don't lose hope till the decisions are out for all.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts