It is currently 19 Feb 2018, 16:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 16:48
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
Tough choice if these are the only options - they are very similar and geographically in the vicinity too. Just curious how you are planning to do it.
If you don't mind, what are your goals and what is your background?

I'm unsure at this point. Both great schools in the same geographical location like you said. I think I'm leaning more towards UNC but Emory offered up money which makes it enticing. Still waiting on other Round 2 schools too.

I want to pursue a career in finance (most likely investment banking) and UNC and Emory places the same percentage (last time I checked). Still lots to think about at this point.

Cool.
Doesn't it help to be in a City for your career goal - from networking point of view? And I think, the money on the table helps when it comes to recruiting.

But yea, UNC is just great one there. I truely believe in tiered ranking and then fit. So, those two are very similar. It totally depends on money and what lifestyle you want.
Have you visited schools?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 08:17
This post received
KUDOS
Wanted to give my notes to anyone else with an interview coming up

This was a blind interview, the adcom only had my resume
Questions asked:

1. Why do you want to go to business school?
2. What do you want to do post business school?
3. What do you see yourself doing in the long term?
4. Do you currently work in a team? What do you think is the most important thing when working with teams?
5. What is your best attribute that your manager, colleague or direct report would say about you in terms of soft skills?
6. What is something you would want to work on?
7. What is your greatest accomplishment?
8. Why UNC Kenan Flagler?
9. Questions for the interviewer

It was a fairly conversational interview with follow up questions related to my answers. A couple of things of note. The interviewer gave me the impression that UNC prioritizes an applicants ability to work in teams because they focus on a collaborative learning environment. Also, beyond just their clubs or curriculum offerings, the interviewer talked a lot about how UNC prides themselves on their leadership program, so that's worth talking about when answering "why kenan flagler?".
Hope this is helpful to someone
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 08:55
This post received
KUDOS
Well, just finished the interview with UNC. I was interviewed by a member of admission team and I felt very disappointed at the attitude and preparation of the interviewer. I asked two specific questions about investment class and one question about the degree of which an international applicant could borrow loans to finance his or her education. She didn’t know. I was totally speechless!

She quizzed me as if I were a criminal lol. Cold face, minimal eye contact, smile two times (I can count number of time she smiled lol)

Here is the list of question:

1. Tell me about your job? What do you like most about it?
2. What is a typical day of your job?
3. What type of external partners are you dealing with?
4. What about internal parties?
5. How do you manage stress?
6. Your biggest accomplishment?
7. Your experience of failure?
8. Why UNC?
9. Career goals?Long-term and short-term?
10. Tell me about the occasion that led you to choose your desired career path
11. Tell me about your team work experience?
12. What characteristics are you looking for when recruiting team member?
13. What personal trait do you admire most about your boss?
14. What is the area of your boss that you believe can be improved?
15. Tell me about a time you failed and lesson learned?
16. What is your biggest accomplishment out side of work?
17. What is the best way in your opinion to develop your team member?
18. Any questions for me? I asked three and she didn’t know. So the last question is about ASW and thanks god, she knew!!!!!

The interview lasted 30 mins and 53 seconds!!

Good luck guys!
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 14:56
Just received that package with videos.
But no letter with it. The packaging mentioned contents as an admission letter and a video brochure.

Did anyone get a letter along with the brochure? I think I will need to apply for a loan here.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 17:06
hiren2011 wrote:
Just received that package with videos.
But no letter with it. The packaging mentioned contents as an admission letter and a video brochure.

Did anyone get a letter along with the brochure? I think I will need to apply for a loan here.

No letter here either. Just the welcome card on the inside sleeve of the video folder.
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2018, 17:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   [ 445 posts ] 

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap