GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 27 Apr 2018, 01:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 18:42
2
This post received
KUDOS
emeraldweapon wrote:
Well, just finished the interview with UNC. I was interviewed by a member of admission team and I felt very disappointed at the attitude and preparation of the interviewer. I asked two specific questions about investment class and one question about the degree of which an international applicant could borrow loans to finance his or her education. She didn’t know. I was totally speechless!

She quizzed me as if I were a criminal lol. Cold face, minimal eye contact, smile two times (I can count number of time she smiled lol)

Here is the list of question:

1. Tell me about your job? What do you like most about it?
2. What is a typical day of your job?
3. What type of external partners are you dealing with?
4. What about internal parties?
5. How do you manage stress?
6. Your biggest accomplishment?
7. Your experience of failure?
8. Why UNC?
9. Career goals?Long-term and short-term?
10. Tell me about the occasion that led you to choose your desired career path
11. Tell me about your team work experience?
12. What characteristics are you looking for when recruiting team member?
13. What personal trait do you admire most about your boss?
14. What is the area of your boss that you believe can be improved?
15. Tell me about a time you failed and lesson learned?
16. What is your biggest accomplishment out side of work?
17. What is the best way in your opinion to develop your team member?
18. Any questions for me? I asked three and she didn’t know. So the last question is about ASW and thanks god, she knew!!!!!

The interview lasted 30 mins and 53 seconds!!

Good luck guys!


I think I understand why you would ask about specific courses, but why would an admissions member know anything specific about an investment class, outside of maybe the professor? That isn’t their job - you should ask those questions/ reach out to current students, professors and potentially alumni.

As for your financing question - again that would have nothing to do with him/her. The school isn’t a bank - it doesn’t offer financing. You do that separately. That’s something you should research on your own (google) to find the answer - it is out there and you do have options.

You may have saved yourself asking about ASW, but those other two were just odd questions to ask in an admissions interview. This isn’t KFBS specific advice, just for general MBA interview questions for you going forward. No need to bash the interviewer - this was on you.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 24
Schools: NUS '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 22:29
nyrnyg9412 wrote:
emeraldweapon wrote:
Well, just finished the interview with UNC. I was interviewed by a member of admission team and I felt very disappointed at the attitude and preparation of the interviewer. I asked two specific questions about investment class and one question about the degree of which an international applicant could borrow loans to finance his or her education. She didn’t know. I was totally speechless!

She quizzed me as if I were a criminal lol. Cold face, minimal eye contact, smile two times (I can count number of time she smiled lol)

Here is the list of question:

1. Tell me about your job? What do you like most about it?
2. What is a typical day of your job?
3. What type of external partners are you dealing with?
4. What about internal parties?
5. How do you manage stress?
6. Your biggest accomplishment?
7. Your experience of failure?
8. Why UNC?
9. Career goals?Long-term and short-term?
10. Tell me about the occasion that led you to choose your desired career path
11. Tell me about your team work experience?
12. What characteristics are you looking for when recruiting team member?
13. What personal trait do you admire most about your boss?
14. What is the area of your boss that you believe can be improved?
15. Tell me about a time you failed and lesson learned?
16. What is your biggest accomplishment out side of work?
17. What is the best way in your opinion to develop your team member?
18. Any questions for me? I asked three and she didn’t know. So the last question is about ASW and thanks god, she knew!!!!!

The interview lasted 30 mins and 53 seconds!!

Good luck guys!


I think I understand why you would ask about specific courses, but why would an admissions member know anything specific about an investment class, outside of maybe the professor? That isn’t their job - you should ask those questions/ reach out to current students, professors and potentially alumni.

As for your financing question - again that would have nothing to do with him/her. The school isn’t a bank - it doesn’t offer financing. You do that separately. That’s something you should research on your own (google) to find the answer - it is out there and you do have options.

You may have saved yourself asking about ASW, but those other two were just odd questions to ask in an admissions interview. This isn’t KFBS specific advice, just for general MBA interview questions for you going forward. No need to bash the interviewer - this was on you.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Seconded.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jun 2015
Posts: 23
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2018, 08:13
nyrnyg9412 wrote:
emeraldweapon wrote:
Well, just finished the interview with UNC. I was interviewed by a member of admission team and I felt very disappointed at the attitude and preparation of the interviewer. I asked two specific questions about investment class and one question about the degree of which an international applicant could borrow loans to finance his or her education. She didn’t know. I was totally speechless!

She quizzed me as if I were a criminal lol. Cold face, minimal eye contact, smile two times (I can count number of time she smiled lol)

Here is the list of question:

1. Tell me about your job? What do you like most about it?
2. What is a typical day of your job?
3. What type of external partners are you dealing with?
4. What about internal parties?
5. How do you manage stress?
6. Your biggest accomplishment?
7. Your experience of failure?
8. Why UNC?
9. Career goals?Long-term and short-term?
10. Tell me about the occasion that led you to choose your desired career path
11. Tell me about your team work experience?
12. What characteristics are you looking for when recruiting team member?
13. What personal trait do you admire most about your boss?
14. What is the area of your boss that you believe can be improved?
15. Tell me about a time you failed and lesson learned?
16. What is your biggest accomplishment out side of work?
17. What is the best way in your opinion to develop your team member?
18. Any questions for me? I asked three and she didn’t know. So the last question is about ASW and thanks god, she knew!!!!!

The interview lasted 30 mins and 53 seconds!!

Good luck guys!


I think I understand why you would ask about specific courses, but why would an admissions member know anything specific about an investment class, outside of maybe the professor? That isn’t their job - you should ask those questions/ reach out to current students, professors and potentially alumni.

As for your financing question - again that would have nothing to do with him/her. The school isn’t a bank - it doesn’t offer financing. You do that separately. That’s something you should research on your own (google) to find the answer - it is out there and you do have options.

You may have saved yourself asking about ASW, but those other two were just odd questions to ask in an admissions interview. This isn’t KFBS specific advice, just for general MBA interview questions for you going forward. No need to bash the interviewer - this was on you.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Absolutely agreed!! These kinds of questions actually show lack of preparation for school specific interview. The information for the q can be found on their website or just emailing current international students.

Personally I struggled with asking q myself but realized the q’s should focus on how you think the school can impact you. What kind of changes were happening at the school or if you noticed something had changed ask them about how that’s gonna impact the direction the school takes. May be explain why you ask specific q. But q about courses are best left for current students.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 306
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2018, 09:43
Hi.
This post and replies on it are more for an educational purpose.
I know, there may be a few already would have left this board, but the question to those cross admits is: what other school(s) you made it to and why would you choose that one over KFBS or other way around?
There is Decisionwire too, to get some general idea, but wouldn't hurt to ask again.
Admitted
21 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; GPA: 3.84; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
Admitted
29 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 750, Q50, V41; GPA: 3.84; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Posts: 33
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 2.79
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 12:13
Hi guys,

have R3 interview invites been completed?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Posts: 33
Location: United States (IA)
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 16:47
rabeetahsan wrote:
Hi guys,

have R3 interview invites been completed?


I sure hope not. I still haven't heard back from KF for my round 3 app (the last of 6 schools). I think that they truly issue invites on a rolling basis, so it seems tough to time it. Keep the faith.
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 165
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V35
WE: Engineering (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 02:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
slipmeone wrote:
rabeetahsan wrote:
Hi guys,

have R3 interview invites been completed?


I sure hope not. I still haven't heard back from KF for my round 3 app (the last of 6 schools). I think that they truly issue invites on a rolling basis, so it seems tough to time it. Keep the faith.

Notifications for R3 are sent mid March so I suppose they are finalizing their decisions now. My interviewer told me that decisions and admits are usually sent a week before the deadline.

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Kindly click on the +1 Kudos if you found my post helpful. Thank you! :)

|
|
|
V

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 168
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 07:42
Anyone get any news? We are now less than a week before the deadline


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Feb 2018
Posts: 16
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Olin '20 (M)
GRE 1: 322 Q161 V161
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 10:28
My interviewer told me that if you are accepted you will likely get a call from your interviewer either the Friday or weekend before the decision deadline.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 168
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 10:45
msfan12 wrote:
My interviewer told me that if you are accepted you will likely get a call from your interviewer either the Friday or weekend before the decision deadline.


Ah I see. Good to know. Thank you. Odd that they would call on weekends.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Feb 2018
Posts: 16
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Olin '20 (M)
GRE 1: 322 Q161 V161
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 10:49
Nson40 wrote:
msfan12 wrote:
My interviewer told me that if you are accepted you will likely get a call from your interviewer either the Friday or weekend before the decision deadline.


Ah I see. Good to know. Thank you. Odd that they would call on weekends.


Yeah I thought that was strange too! But for me I think it’s good because I don’t always have access to my phone at work. It looks like in previous years they actually did make a lot of calls on Sunday. We will see!!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 306
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 12:43
msfan12 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:
msfan12 wrote:
My interviewer told me that if you are accepted you will likely get a call from your interviewer either the Friday or weekend before the decision deadline.


Ah I see. Good to know. Thank you. Odd that they would call on weekends.


Yeah I thought that was strange too! But for me I think it’s good because I don’t always have access to my phone at work. It looks like in previous years they actually did make a lot of calls on Sunday. We will see!!

Posted from my mobile device



Yeah, at times they call even on weekends.
But, not all admitted ones get a call. Chances are, if one is assigned a scholarship (fellowship - in case of KFBS), the probability of a call increases significantly.
I got admitted, without any money on the table, and never got a call.

So yeah, if you get a call, enjoy. But don't lose hope till the decisions are out for all.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Feb 2018
Posts: 16
Location: United States (WA)
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Olin '20 (M)
GRE 1: 322 Q161 V161
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 14:07
Thanks hiren2011 that's good to know!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jan 2016
Posts: 24
Schools: NUS '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 02:03
1
This post received
KUDOS
hiren2011 wrote:
msfan12 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:
[quote="msfan12"]My interviewer told me that if you are accepted you will likely get a call from your interviewer either the Friday or weekend before the decision deadline.


Ah I see. Good to know. Thank you. Odd that they would call on weekends.


Yeah I thought that was strange too! But for me I think it’s good because I don’t always have access to my phone at work. It looks like in previous years they actually did make a lot of calls on Sunday. We will see!!

Posted from my mobile device



Yeah, at times they call even on weekends.
But, not all admitted ones get a call. Chances are, if one is assigned a scholarship (fellowship - in case of KFBS), the probability of a call increases significantly.
I got admitted, without any money on the table, and never got a call.

So yeah, if you get a call, enjoy. But don't lose hope till the decisions are out for all.[/quote]
So we should hold out until 12th March?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jun 2015
Posts: 23
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 09:15
The waiting is going to drive you nuts. I got an email last year friday before the monday deadline (R3) saying that I was admitted. I couldn't go to school then, so re applied in in EA/R1, but never got any notification untill it appeared on my profile online. I received some scholarship both times. So it entirely depends on the interviewer, how busy they are etc. Some people may hear back and some may not. So don't lose hope until you hear news officially. It will be nerve wrecking, but hold on!
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 306
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 17:34
PatriotNation wrote:
The waiting is going to drive you nuts. I got an email last year friday before the monday deadline (R3) saying that I was admitted. I couldn't go to school then, so re applied in in EA/R1, but never got any notification untill it appeared on my profile online. I received some scholarship both times. So it entirely depends on the interviewer, how busy they are etc. Some people may hear back and some may not. So don't lose hope until you hear news officially. It will be nerve wrecking, but hold on!



Exactly.
Don't lose hope till the end.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Reviews Badge
My Kenan-Flagler Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2018, 13:08
2
This post received
KUDOS
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 168
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2018, 16:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
Well..that review wasn’t pleasant


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2018, 16:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26    Next  [ 510 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.