Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Kudos
spiderml wrote:
I browsed through this thread and it seems that sometimes scholarship/fellowship info comes later but I haven't seen anyone say for certain. I'll wait until EOD I guess.

I'd recommend waiting. I was accepted in R1 and the scholarship/fellowship later came about 2 hours after the acceptance letter. I assume R3 will be the same. Just keep checking your portal and you'll see if there's a new letter posted in there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
The scholarship info is out there. After you click the initial acceptance letter there’s a link at the bottom to go back to the application portal. When you go back to the application portal you will see another update to your application status link. Click that and the fellowship letter is there.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks to Boston44 and mikko09. Can confirm I went back and checked my status and was awarded a fellowship. Best of luck to everyone else.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kenan-Flagler DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 5 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:690 (Q47 V38), GPA: 3.1, Industry: Health Care, WE 58, heard via: email
  • Denied, 47 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 37, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
mikko09 wrote:
The scholarship info is out there. After you click the initial acceptance letter there’s a link at the bottom to go back to the application portal. When you go back to the application portal you will see another update to your application status link. Click that and the fellowship letter is there.

So if there is no additional update on your application portal after going back, can I assume there is no fellowship? Tks.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
emeraldweapon wrote:
mikko09 wrote:

So if there is no additional update on your application portal after going back, can I assume there is no fellowship? Tks.

I wouldn't lose hope. FWIW the fellowship letter looks the same as the acceptance one so you might miss it on first glance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
spiderml wrote:
emeraldweapon wrote:
mikko09 wrote:

I wouldn't lose hope. FWIW the fellowship letter looks the same as the acceptance one so you might miss it on first glance.

I am so confused. Where are we supposed to see this?

In your portal under the "Status Update Section" There is a link that says "View Update". Are you saying you guys you have scholarship are seeing two links there?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GRE 1: Q168 V170
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Kudos
Nson40 wrote:

In your portal under the "Status Update Section" There is a link that says "View Update". Are you saying you guys you have scholarship are seeing two links there?

No, once you click on that and it takes you to the letter of admission. At the bottom of this admission offer letter, it will say "The following letters are available for this account:" and it will have two links (if you have a scholarship) - one for the admission offer letter itself and one for the scholarship details. Depending on which letter was posted last, the "View Update" might take you to the scholarship letter itself.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply

• Admitted, 10 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:760 (Q51 V41), GPA: 3, Industry: Entertainment and Sports, WE 75, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 23 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q48 V42), GPA: 3, Industry: Consulting, WE 77, heard via: phone
  • Waitlisted, 36 minutes ago, from United States, GPA: 3.7, Industry: Pharmaceuticals and Biotech, WE 24, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 57 minutes ago, from United Arab Emirates, GMAT:730 (Q50 V38), GPA: 3.36, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 85, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
eln1no88 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:

No, once you click on that and it takes you to the letter of admission. At the bottom of this admission offer letter, it will say "The following letters are available for this account:" and it will have two links (if you have a scholarship) - one for the admission offer letter itself and one for the scholarship details. Depending on which letter was posted last, the "View Update" might take you to the scholarship letter itself.

Ah I see. There is nothing at the bottom on my letter besides "Return to Application Status", so that must mean nada for me :/
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
eln1no88 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:

Thanks for clarification eln1no88. Guess I will wait EOD and see how things go. If nothing shows up, then will ask the school directly :)

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Kudos
kfstudent wrote:

Hey there kfstudent ! Insightful review. I noticed that this was your first post to GMATClub. Welcome.

It seems like you had a very poor experience at KF. The schools employment reports for class of 2016 show 95% of students received an offer within 3 months, and for class of 2017 (your class, right?), that number dropped to 93%. So, the verified employment numbers don't quite agree with the statement "very qualified people are not doing well because of the current situation at the school."

As someone who is about to commit two years and a ton of money to this program, your review was initially concerning. I have heard similar rumblings with the turnover of program staff, but haven't let that sway me because overall it seems like a great program, and staff turnover / culture shift occurs at every program.

If you don't mind me asking:

- Were you able to secure employment after graduating in 2017?
- If so, was it the role you desired upon completing the program?
- How are your fellow classmates who weren't able to secure employment (the7%) currently doing?
- R3 decisions were just released today. What inspired you to write the review close to a year after leaving the program?

I don't want to blindly defend the program, but I also feel as though there are some missing pieces to your story.. Your review/advice helps tons of future student make once in a lifetime decision, so that's why I wanted to reach out for clarification. Thanks.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply

• Waitlisted, 16 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:660 (Q44 V35), GPA: 3.6, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 52, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 36 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q50 V39), GPA: 4, Industry: Computer Hardware, WE 49, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 56 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:750 (Q50 V42), GPA: 2.8, Industry: Retail, WE 63, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
I am not defending kfstudent or anything.
But the requirement for such employment report and such is 80% (if my memory serves me correctly). So, it is possible that those 93% is of 80% or more of the class. So, in the worst case scenario, about 75% got offers in 3 months.
Also, the job market is practically restricted for internationals and that can influence a review too.

UNCBOUND wrote:
kfstudent wrote:

Hey there kfstudent ! Insightful review. I noticed that this was your first post to GMATClub. Welcome.

It seems like you had a very poor experience at KF. The schools employment reports for class of 2016 show 95% of students received an offer within 3 months, and for class of 2017 (your class, right?), that number dropped to 93%. So, the verified employment numbers don't quite agree with the statement "very qualified people are not doing well because of the current situation at the school."

As someone who is about to commit two years and a ton of money to this program, your review was initially concerning. I have heard similar rumblings with the turnover of program staff, but haven't let that sway me because overall it seems like a great program, and staff turnover / culture shift occurs at every program.

If you don't mind me asking:

- Were you able to secure employment after graduating in 2017?
- If so, was it the role you desired upon completing the program?
- How are your fellow classmates who weren't able to secure employment (the7%) currently doing?
- R3 decisions were just released today. What inspired you to write the review close to a year after leaving the program?

I don't want to blindly defend the program, but I also feel as though there are some missing pieces to your story.. Your review/advice helps tons of future student make once in a lifetime decision, so that's why I wanted to reach out for clarification. Thanks.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
hiren2011 wrote:
But the requirement for such employment report and such is 80% (if my memory serves me correctly). So, it is possible that those 93% is of 80% or more of the class. So, in the worst case scenario, about 75% got offers in 3 months.
Also, the job market is practically restricted for internationals and that can influence a review too.

The poster is not an international student however. Based on the last line of that review.

They are likely class of 2018, not 2017.

Does the employment report state 80%? Usually it is a portion of applicants and usually those who have not found a job or taken one they seem acceptable don’t fill out the survey. And while that percentage is helpful, it’s not an absolute measurement of quality and diversity of employment opportunities. Stanford for example reports that only 82% of the recent business school grads found a job three months after graduation. Does that mean UNC>GSB?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:

The poster is not an international student however. Based on the last line of that review.

They are likely class of 2018, not 2017.

Does the employment report state 80%? Usually it is a portion of applicants and usually those who have not found a job or taken one they seem acceptable don’t fill out the survey. And while that percentage is helpful, it’s not an absolute measurement of quality and diversity of employment opportunities. Stanford for example reports that only 82% of the recent business school grads found a job three months after graduation. Does that mean UNC>GSB?

I agree with you and your points.
But all I wanted to point out that those % numbers may be a bit misleading.
A very few schools actually report the % of reporting students. But if that number is less than 80% (again, don't quote me on that number alone), the school can't publish it without violating the standards (I will have to search which authority and such, but it is there).
And that example of 75% was the worst case scenario and not a suggestion of that happened.

For Stanford, they also report (along with 82% job offers) that many of its student didn't seek job and working on their own project - and I believe with % number of such students. When we add these two numbers, the actual employment report doesn't look as bad as it looks with looking at 82% in isolation.

Anyway, it was just an opinion and another viewpoint into that discussion, nothing more.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Anyone with a GMAT of 730 got scholarship in R3?

Indian Peeps: ISB vs UNC - Is UNC worth USD 180k loan and working visa gamble?

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts