Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V36
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V36
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: Am I on the right track? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
fgalvez12 wrote:
Hi All,

With 2nd round coming in the next 40 days I am getting nervous that I am fighting an uphill battle with my credentials, and was hoping for some guidance on what to do.
WE: 3 years at Matriculation(apply this year for 2019)-at Biotech doing RnD at top company in our field. <500 people though.-In the past year I have gotten into PM work with a mentor and done some cool market management work.~20hours/week
Male Latino, 1st generation
GPA: 2.7...
GMAT: 660 (46Q, 35V, 6AWA, 6IR), but going to retake as I was testing around 700 before, so I believe I should be able to break 700-720 this time.
Going to apply through consortium to Foster, Anderson, Marshall, and Berkeley if I can pull the GMAT to a 720.

Goal of MBA: Is to immediately get into Product management at Pharmaceutical or Biotech to sharpen my marketing and general management skills and long term goal is to become an impactful leader at a pharma/biotech/tech, think something like business development leader/head of marketing. I believe there is a lack of people with scientific backgrounds spearheading marketing and business initiatives, so I will be there to fill the gap!

Is there anything else I can be doing to improve for R2? How are my chances at the listed schools with my current 660, and how about if I were to go over 700?

Thank you for reading!

Hi fgalvez!

Thank you for posting, and you do have a very unique background. Were there mitigating circumstances in your undergrad which can help explain the 2.7? If so, your GPA becomes less of an issue. I would personally like to see the GMAT score closer to 680-700 for the schools you are looking at, as both the current GPA and GMAT are on the low side. Marshall is a school on the rise so they may be looking to increase their numbers a bit in comparison to past years. With your current profile, Anderson and Haas are going to be difficult.

I would also not be against waiting a year and really trying to push the GMAT up if you can't get it near 700 before R2 apps are due. Have you been able to connect with admissions officers at the schools you are applying to? At a smaller school like Marshall, showing genuine interest and networking with adcoms can really make a difference, as yield is particularly important.

Please let us know if you would like to continue the conversation and discuss more aspects of your profile. And best of luck with the GMAT!

Regards,

Personal MBA Coach

https://www.personalmbacoach.com/
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation: Am I on the right track? [#permalink]