GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 08:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation for Fall 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: ISB '20, IIMA
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Profile Evaluation for Fall 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 11:30
Hi,

I have currently given my GMAT. Kindly help in selecting colleges. It will be great if you can help me by putting colleges in 3 categories: Ambitious, Achievable, Practical.
Below is my Profile:
GMAT: 740(Q49 V40 IR6) AWA- Not yet declared
Work Ex: 3 years IT/Technology. I have had client facing roles in the past and have worked with the client in the designing. I have appreciation from the client for the design and support provided. I have run my own website for photography and literary website. I have been part of many short films and managed the setup of the same along by being a producer and screenplay writer. I been part of College Organizing Committee in Event Management Team.
International Experience: None
CGPA: 9.08
12th: 77.2%
10th: 92.4%

I do not have any location constraint. I am targeting Harvard(Ambi++), Chicago-Booth(Ambi++), CMU, UCLA-Anderson, Mccombs, Foster, NYU Stern, Indiana-Kelley, Cambridge-Judge, Oxford-Said, National School of Singapore. Scholarship is also a very important factor. Please Help!
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Profile Evaluation for Fall 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 18:25
Thanks for sharing your profile. Really nice profile here with competitive GMAT/GPA and some ECs and leadership examples. You should be in good shape most of the schools listed outside of HBS and probably Booth as well. You are a fit on paper for both those schools but with schools this strong you will need to stand out somehow in the application/essays. What is your race/country/demo?

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: ISB '20, IIMA
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 20:58
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Thanks for sharing your profile. Really nice profile here with competitive GMAT/GPA and some ECs and leadership examples. You should be in good shape most of the schools listed outside of HBS and probably Booth as well. You are a fit on paper for both those schools but with schools this strong you will need to stand out somehow in the application/essays. What is your race/country/demo?

Thanks a lot! I am from India

Posted from my mobile device
Expert Post
Admissionado
G
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 23:27
Satya090 wrote:
Hi,

I have currently given my GMAT. Kindly help in selecting colleges. It will be great if you can help me by putting colleges in 3 categories: Ambitious, Achievable, Practical.
Below is my Profile:
Work Ex: 3 years IT/Technology. I have had client facing roles in the past and have worked with the client in the designing. I have appreciation from the client for the design and support provided. I have run my own website for photography and literary website. I have been part of many short films and managed the setup of the same along by being a producer and screenplay writer. I been part of College Organizing Committee in Event Management Team.

I do not have any location constraint. I am targeting Harvard(Ambi++), Chicago-Booth(Ambi++), CMU, UCLA-Anderson, Mccombs, Foster, NYU Stern, Indiana-Kelley, Cambridge-Judge, Oxford-Said, National School of Singapore. Scholarship is also a very important factor. Please Help!

Hey there,
I’d love to help you out but without more info it’s gonna be hard. Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements? Do you have notable community service or extra curriculars? Which school did you graduate from?

All of these will play important roles in your evaluation.
Best,
Jon

And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: 99colleges.com
Schools: Wharton

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2017, 23:08
Hi Satya090,

You’ve a wide range of target schools, and your odds will be predominantly determined by the quality of your professional experience - career progression, leadership, initiative, impact, challenging work, and so on – and how you articulate it. HBS and Booth are tough for anyone and so will they be for you. Second, being from a competitive applicant pool, dig deep into your experiences and see how you can differentiate yourself from others in your applicant pool. Third, scholarships are hard to predict.

Anil, MBA (Wharton)

Contact at anil@99colleges.com for your queries | Consulting

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2017, 11:36
Satya090 wrote:
Hi,

Below is my Profile:

I am missing quite a lot of information that prevents me from giving you a proper evaluation for this but you are welcome to reach out to ARINGO at https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/ in order to get a full evaluation. Please attach a CV if you do reach out to us as I am mainly interested in your work experience and any measurable achievements that you could use as examples in essays.

(Please note that we can’t speculate about scholarships, however, as those are generally very hard to predict)

But in general I would say there is potential for all schools mentioned here, with the right type of work experience, recommendations and essays.

JL

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/

Expert Post
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 03:52
Missing a lot of information but on the whole I agree with Dozie. I think that HBS and probably Booth are both a little ambitious, but you might want to shoot for Booth as a stretch School if you have a lot of photos that show you in action doing leadership related things. I feel that it's important for Booth applicants to have the visual dimension to be competitive. 740 normally would be an outstanding GMAT but for an Indian from the IT world it's quite honestly a very rough road. Slightly less if you're female. The acceptance rate is generally around a half of the average. Important to know what you do at work and whether that has some relevance to teamwork and leadership skills.

http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: Admission Consultant

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2017, 17:44
Satya090 wrote:
Hi,

Below is my Profile:

Hi Satya,

Congratulations on your good score. I know that you understand that you belong to the most competitive segment but a good GMAT score will definitely help your cause. Client facing work would making for a good story depending on how in depth you have worked on these projects. All and all with your kind of score sky is the limit..all that is critical is how the compelling the story is.

Good luck!

Taterways Admission Consulting - A Wharton + ISB venture
http://www.taterways.com

http://www.taterways.com/free-consultation

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/taterways

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44

Show Tags

New post 23 Aug 2017, 03:58
Satya,

You could have a competitive application here. The IT background is the dampener. Having a client facing role will do well for you. Your GMAT is good as well.

You will have a fair chance at Anderson, Tepper and McCombs. Harvard, Booth and Stern will be difficult. The rest should be par for your profile.

Satya090 wrote:
Hi,

Below is my Profile:

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Schedule a free consultation with us.

Click here to view GMATclub verified student testimonials.

Click here to view all our student testimonials.

If you like this post - please give us kudos :) Thanks much!

Re: Profile Evaluation for Fall 2018   [#permalink] 23 Aug 2017, 03:58

Profile Evaluation for Fall 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap