It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 22:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for ISB

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, General Management
Schools: Sloan '16, Kelley '16
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Profile Evaluation for ISB [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2014, 08:41
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 690 [Quant:50 , Verbal:33, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Mumbai University in 2012 with 78%.
H.S.C: secured 92.17% from Science stream from Maharashtra Board in 2008.
S.S.C: secured 88.33% from Maharashtra Board in 2006.

Work Experience:
Working as a Quality Analyst in ThoughtWorks for 21 months now.

Extra Curricular:
I spoke at Grace Hopper Conference (GHC), Bangalore in 2013 about Accessibility Testing and also in an ThoughtWorks internal testing conference VodQA about Security testing. I also have attended OWASP security conference in the same year.
I have also participate in organizing different internal events for ThoughtWorks.

I love meeting different people, conversing with them.
I love playing different outdoor sports like cricket, volleyball, basketball,etc. Also, I participated in different sports since school days.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

G

Kudos [?]: 1293 [0], given: 259

GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V34
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Profile Evaluation for ISB [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2014, 00:06
saileebh wrote:
Hey,

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Mumbai University in 2012 with 78%.

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular:
I spoke at Grace Hopper Conference (GHC), Bangalore in 2013 about Accessibility Testing and also in an ThoughtWorks internal testing conference VodQA about Security testing. I also have attended OWASP security conference in the same year.
I have also participate in organizing different internal events for ThoughtWorks.

I love playing different outdoor sports like cricket, volleyball, basketball,etc. Also, I participated in different sports since school days.

As far as i heard, you can apply with your current WE as you will be having nearly 2 and half years of experience when the program starts.

But the stats says, normally the current students in ISB have around 5 years of work experience in average and GMAT score above 700. Not to discourage you, this is what stats says.

But it is recommended you get some leadership skills in current work and try. But you can always try now as well. One of my friends friend got into ISB with around 3 years of exp, but had a hard time getting a job in placements as his class average age and work experience was more than his experience.

but that doesn't mean, he dint get the job. He got it, but had a little hard time for the same.

You can check the stats here- http://gmatclub.com/forum/isb-class-of-2015-calling-all-applicants-151341.html?fl=homemba

All the best for the application. If you are really stand out in crowd that applies to ISB- you can get through. But it is worth a try now though :gl :cool

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Kudos [?]: 1293 [0], given: 259

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2014, 13:12
saileebh wrote:
Hey,

Work Experience:

Extra Curricular:

Hi,

With a typical QA profile and average extra currics, 690 on GMAT and 21 months of experience ( 29 months by march 2015) is less. So, we recommend that you wait for some time before you can add a team lead experience to your profile and improve your gmat score to a 720 or so. You will also need to work on adding few extra currics which can complement skillset gained at work.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 142 [0], given: 50

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2014, 23:35
saileebh wrote:

Hi there,

Its difficult to make out your accomplishments at work from the description you have given here. Feel free to share your resume with us at contact@mbadecoder.com.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Work with our *STAR* team comprising alumni from top 10 Business Schools

Kudos [?]: 142 [0], given: 50

Re: Profile Evaluation for ISB   [#permalink] 19 Jun 2014, 23:35