Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello GyuaOne and Apphelp
i highly appreciate for your time and valuable feedback .
i have not done anything superb to make my profile strong . Would you be kind enough to let me know what i can add for strong profile . i can get LOR from my current and previous employer .

Thanks Nitin
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Bookmarks
My profile:
10th standard: 92%
12th Standard: 86%
Graduation: B.E. in Mechanical Engineering:75% ( with Honors) from Bengal Engineering & Science University,Shibpur( Now IIEST)
Began my career in Sales & Marketing Dept of Construction Equipment Business of Larsen & Toubro Ltd., and then moved to divisional marketing team within the same company.
exp 42 months this Dec 2015
GMAT Score:690 (QA 50, VA33)
I am looking for ISB. Should I consider a retake??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
swarnendu wrote:
My profile:
Graduation: B.E. in Mechanical Engineering:75% ( with Honors) from Bengal Engineering & Science University,Shibpur( Now IIEST)
Began my career in Sales & Marketing Dept of Construction Equipment Business of Larsen & Toubro Ltd., and then moved to divisional marketing team within the same company.

Hey man, the score is just one part. The entire profile matters. Don't sweat too much over the score. 690 is decent. Even I work at L&T and got in at 690 in R1. Let me know if you wish to connect. I'd be glad to help. Cheers mate!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Amogh14 wrote:
Hey man, the score is just one part. The entire profile matters. Don't sweat too much over the score. 690 is decent. Even I work at L&T and got in at 690 in R1. Let me know if you wish to connect. I'd be glad to help. Cheers mate!

Yes sir I would like to do so. Please share your email id.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.37
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Amogh14 wrote:
swarnendu wrote:
My profile:

Indeed score is just one aspect of application, but I would suggest go for a retake. There are couple of reasons I would like to highlight:

1. Although 690 is a decent (which I also have), Verbal 33 is a bit on the lower side. If I'm not wrong, below 70 percentile.
2. The University you are from is not renowned. I don't want to demean, I'm just stating facts which I have come across being an Non-IT Indian Engineer working overseas. If you want to know which Indian universities are renowned - IITs and to some NITs. Thats it.
3. You are an Indian I believe. Its an extremely competitive pool of candidates. Look at it this way. You might have a GMAT well above average for that school, but that average is of all admitted students. In addition, the chase doesn't ends on an admit. To be considered for a good scholarship you must have a good GMAT. We are talking serious money here, so do keep that in mind.
4. By the fall of next year, your work ex will be 4 years, which is also on the lower side of the average. If you lack something, then you must compensate it with something else. In this case, nothing can be better than a higher GMAT.

Mate I am also having a GMAT of 690 (Q49/V35). With unique workex, from a above mentioned renowned university and good essays (not kidding - even hired Admissionado as consultant), yet I'm struggling to get an admit. If you are struggling with GMAT Verbal, go for GRE. It has an easier Logic based verbal section. It is more vocabulary oriented, but needs 2 timed essays and gives you a plethora of graduate options except MBA.

Conclusion : Its better to hit for a higher GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
rahulcurrent wrote:
Indeed score is just one aspect of application, but I would suggest go for a retake. There are couple of reasons I would like to highlight:

1. Although 690 is a decent (which I also have), Verbal 33 is a bit on the lower side. If I'm not wrong, below 70 percentile.
2. The University you are from is not renowned. I don't want to demean, I'm just stating facts which I have come across being an Non-IT Indian Engineer working overseas. If you want to know which Indian universities are renowned - IITs and to some NITs. Thats it.
3. You are an Indian I believe. Its an extremely competitive pool of candidates. Look at it this way. You might have a GMAT well above average for that school, but that average is of all admitted students. In addition, the chase doesn't ends on an admit. To be considered for a good scholarship you must have a good GMAT. We are talking serious money here, so do keep that in mind.
4. By the fall of next year, your work ex will be 4 years, which is also on the lower side of the average. If you lack something, then you must compensate it with something else. In this case, nothing can be better than a higher GMAT.

Mate I am also having a GMAT of 690 (Q49/V35). With unique workex, from a above mentioned renowned university and good essays (not kidding - even hired Admissionado as consultant), yet I'm struggling to get an admit. If you are struggling with GMAT Verbal, go for GRE. It has an easier Logic based verbal section. It is more vocabulary oriented, but needs 2 timed essays and gives you a plethora of graduate options except MBA.

Conclusion : Its better to hit for a higher GMAT.

Thank you sir. I will try.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
Send PM
I agree with rahulcurrent. If you have time, definitely retake. I dont see any international exposure in your profile. That might again warrant a retake.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ..I am Mrinalini Ganesh from Bangalore. I am very keen on pursuing MBA from ISB . I wanted an advice regarding the GMAT score which would be needed for my profile. Below are my details :
Electrical Engineer from PES Institute of Technology : 7.97(CGPA)
Work experience : 31 months ( Catalog quality associate , Amazon Development Center , Bangalore)
Extra curriculars : I own a startup from past 2 years which is into Hands on education to kids across Bangalore.
I am the Community service director at Rotaract club of Bangalore.

Please let me know what should be the minimum GMAT score to get into ISB.

Regards,
Mrinalini G
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi,

I want to join the class of ISB in 2017.

My profile : 10th - 89%
12th - 73.2%
UG - 81.12% from Graphic Era University (Dehradun) in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Work ex - Software Engineer Analyst (Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd.), currently 24 months of work experience. Done 2 projects here for major client British Gas Group (One for QGC and
other for Trinidad and Tobago). I got selected as a fellow for Teach For India, starting from April, 2016.
Extra Curric Act - Won state award in Scout and Guides (school), a few prizes in painting competition(school), organised a few events/workshop in College.

Queries : 1) Is moving to Teach For India a good approach considering that I am working in Accenture for 2 years now. I wanted to contribute to education sector and want to be a part where I can
contribute to mitigate the crisis in education sector.
2) How much GMAT score would be a decent one considering my profile ?
3) In what way I can improve my profile ? Need suggestions here.

I would really appreciate if you can guide me to take the next step especially about changing my career to teach For India right now. I am in a state of utter confusion in this regard.
Thanks in advance !
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.12
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
pks0987321 wrote:
Hi,

I want to join the class of ISB in 2017.

My profile : 10th - 89%
12th - 73.2%
UG - 81.12% from Graphic Era University (Dehradun) in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Work ex - Software Engineer Analyst (Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd.), currently 24 months of work experience. Done 2 projects here for major client British Gas Group (One for QGC and
other for Trinidad and Tobago). I got selected as a fellow for Teach For India, starting from April, 2016.
Extra Curric Act - Won state award in Scout and Guides (school), a few prizes in painting competition(school), organised a few events/workshop in College.

Queries : 1) Is moving to Teach For India a good approach considering that I am working in Accenture for 2 years now. I wanted to contribute to education sector and want to be a part where I can
contribute to mitigate the crisis in education sector.
3) In what way I can improve my profile ? Need suggestions here.

I would really appreciate if you can guide me to take the next step especially about changing my career to teach For India right now. I am in a state of utter confusion in this regard.
Thanks in advance !

Hi,
You need to first decide what exactly do you want.
1) Is moving to Teach For India a good approach considering that I am working in Accenture for 2 years now. I wanted to contribute to education sector and want to be a part where I can contribute to mitigate the crisis in education sector.
Is that your long term goal in life ?
Is that the reason why you want to do an MBA ?
or are you using TFI as a ladder to get into ISB ?
If you are passionate about teaching and educating people around, join TFI and focus on it.
If you want to do an MBA then focus on improving your profile. There are are no fixed ways to improve your profile. But the bottom line is, excel in whatever you do. Show your innovation, try to become the best. It is not important to juggle between 2-3 things at this point of time because there is no guarantee that you will get into ISB. You can only do what is in your hands.
If you want to use TFI to do some social cause and get into ISB, i would suggest you to continue with accenture.
If you are genuinely interested in teaching then join TFI. That clarity should be there in your mind.
I think a score above 700 is a decent one. But you will also see people with a score of 650 getting admitted. It is due to their career and their line of thought.
3) In what way I can improve my profile ?
Just focus on your short term and long term goals. If an MBA degree would help you achieve them, go for it. MBA is not the end goal, it is just an enabler.

Good luck !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
Send PM
Kudos