Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Operations, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Operations, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Ross Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
MBADecoder wrote:
anbknaga wrote:
Please evaluate my profile for Ross:

1. Indian/26
2. Yet to take the GMAT. 7.26 CGPA, 3.6 years work experience
3. B.E Mechanical Engineering, Class of 2014
4. Post MBA Goals - Operations / Strategy roles with marketing units
5. ISB for now. Planning to figure out other schools

6. EXTRA CURRICULARS AND VOLUNTERRING EXPERIENCE

MAKE A DIFFERENCE, India 2015-Present
Make A Difference mobilizes young leaders to ensure equitable outcomes for children in shelters across India.
Finance Fellowship (2019-Present)
 Led the team and responsible for managing funds worth 7.5 million rupees
Fundraiser (2016-2019)
 Led the team to participate in Seva Mela / Battle of Buffet - a large scale NGO campaign in creating awareness of various social issues along with ninety nine other NGO's in 2017 & 2018.
 Led the team in conducting one of the organization’s flagship program, Dream Camp, as Sponsorship & Logistics Lead and was responsible for planning and assigning activity specific tasks to different team members.
 Raised over 3.4 lakhs in the tenth hour by creating a Ketto campaign and reaching out to the community for successfully conducting an outbound program for the kids in shelter homes in Make A Difference.
Corporate Relations Intern (2015-2016)
 Helped in coordination, planning and execution of employee engagement activities
 ECS/NACH activation campaigns in small and mid-size corporate and housing societies.

7. Work Experience

Project Manager (2017-Present)
 Program manager for the flagship product, Accuflow IBP-550 Syringe Pump v3+, helped in setting up phase reviews from initial stage to end of product life cycle.
 Project manager for couple of internal project oriented teams aimed at creating and developing frameworks on R&D activities which will then be plugged into the future products.
 Partnered with other functions in the organization to ensure stakeholders' requirements are addressed and met as appropriate; to provide consistent direction to cross functional teams.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer-II (2018-Present)
 Owned the non-conformance program in the organization. Developed NCMR's as part of production and designed & maintained the analytics to drive closure of the NCMR. Helped develop rework documentations to process with the NCMR program in parallel.
 Owned the validation program to keep process/machines validated by developing IQ/OQ protocols as per the validation process.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer (2016-2018)
 Owned the change control program for the entire organization and responsible for running the quality management system effectively helping to create/modify the subsystem/processes.
 Set up a system for testing the product during assembly that includes designing of different test-cases with right acceptance criteria, collecting and analyzing data, data storage and retrieval.

Hi,

You have a good profile, and you will need to market it well in your applications. Essentially this means that you will have to show your achievements and impact and not the responsibilities as you have mentioned here.
Your ECAs are quite outstanding and should definitely help in the applications.
Other than that, aim for a 730+ GMAT score.
There are several MBA programs you could apply to, especially if you wish to advance your career in the healthcare industry - many US b-schools have outstanding programs - Duke, Wharton, Haas, Kellogg, Ross - to name a few.

Thanks for your reply. I was never confident of my profile but after seeing this, do you actually think I can work hard for Kellogg and Ross? I am not clear on my post MBA goal yet but also not too stuck on health care industry as well. I will start reading about other schools as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
Send PM
Re: Ross Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the chances of getting in

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hey folks,

Could you please help me out with a profile evaluation?

Nationality | Gender | Age : Indian | Male | 25
GMAT Score: 710 (Considering taking it again, this was my first attempt)

Work Experience:
- 4 years with a leading data analytics consulting firm in India (called Mu Sigma). Progressed from Business Analyst to Senior Business Analyst to an Engagement lead over a 4 year window, received 2 promotions and 2 delivery excellence awards over these years
- Directly leading a group of 15 people. Responsible for developing analytical solutions for our client, and business/customer development within the account
- Mentored close to 50 people across various teams for various roles over the years
- Almost all of my experience has been with a Fortune 100 client to formulate their analytical journey in the Marketing Analytics space
- We work closely with Sr. Managers and Sr. Directors, and we've received multiple awards for our impact (even got featured in their newsletter for our work)
- I was chosen as an early candidate for my company's leadership program, and I've brought in consistent growth year over year. Grew team size by ~100% every year to a ~$1.5M Portfolio (as of today)
- Also chosen as a part of the company's core customer development group of ~50 early on in my career. Worked on creating collateral and use cases for customer development

Undergraduate:
- Tier 1 School in India (NIT Trichy), but only a CGPA of 6.8

Other Details:
- I interned at IIM-Bangalore as a research assistant for a month and half to assess the validity of the agricultural data held by the state government. This was my first experience in a real world analytics problem
- Grew up in Saudi,so I've traveled a fair bit around the Middle East, and have interned with a firm in the Middle East
- No international experience so far
- I support our family business on the side. We run a group a restaurants and cafe, and I help in raising the brand's awareness and marketing through social media platforms. I was also fairly involved in setting it up as my family was outside the country at the time
- No other entrepreneurial experience, haven't had the chance to invest much in community service but have done some online volunteering to create English content for marginalized communities
- Was a part of the placement cell back in college
- Marketing lead for Model United Nations in college, and helped organize it for two years
- Was a part of the marketing teams for various college fests
- Class Representative
- Merit certificate for being the top 1 percentile in grade 10 Math
- Represented the school and won for a National Level Collegiate Science and Math Quiz back in Saudi
- On the school honor roll from grade 1-12, if it even matters

Really appreciate your help!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 700 - I really need help deducing if this will get me through top US colleges!

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

Colleges I aim for are the top 20. I understand this is the exclusive thread for Ross - since Ross appears in the top 20 I chose to post here first.

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Bio: Age 27, Male, USA.

GMAT: 710 (Q46, V41, IR 8, AWA 6) ,

Education: [/b]Bachelor of Science in Finance with a 3.5 GPA from a top 30 US School with a minor in Entrepreneurship.
Education # 2: Master in Information Systems and Operations Management from Top 30 school with 3.33 GPA

Research: Performed portfolio construction research during undergrad for a professor in the finance dept. (1 year)
Research #2: Performed benchmarking analysis during graduate school for the head of the information systems dept. (1 year)

Work Experience: 3 years full-time work experience at a mid-sized Management Consulting firm in NYC. Promoted once. Lead a small team.

Extracurriculars: I was a Teaching Assistant during my undergraduate and graduate years for the International Business dept. (3 years). Also I was a member of the club baseball team at my school and helped organize our school's homecoming parade. After University I have been involved in the intern process at my company by helping coordinate events and mentoring prospective employees.

Volunteer Experience: During my university years I volunteered at the boys and girls club of America. After university I volunteered in NYC as a little league coach and also continued to volunteer at the Boys and Girls club.

Letters of Recommendation: Will have no problem getting letters of rec from either superiors at consulting firm or professors in the Finance and Information Systems Dept. at my University

Post MBA Goals: After my MBA I plan to either go back to management consulting or open up my own consulting firm. I also have a passion for sports and would love to work in the front office of a major US sports team. I hope to leverage the connections that I make during my MBA as a way to advance my career and also I really value the experience of being around like-minded peers.

Target Schools: Harvard, Penn, Stanford, Yale, Dartmouth, Columbia Cornell, Duke.

Thank you for your support and I am looking forward to hearing your advice.

Best regards,
Michael
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Please review my profile:

I am an Indian by nationality and completed my bachelor's in Computer Science Engineering from a State University (Punjab Technical University) with 74.93 %(Top 3% of my batch) and post which I worked for 13 months in a digital education startup. Fascinated by the Start-up world, and in order to learn the business side, I completed my MBA with Marketing majors from Symbiosis International University, which is a renowned Indian University. During my MBA I started two Startups, got angel funding of $75k which I used to scale those to a good level, but because of the shortage of personal funds had to sell those off. After that, I joined a durables start-up company in India and worked as a brand manager for 2 years. Right now I am working with a uber-luxury real estate brand, which is again a new well-funded startup, as a Brand Strategy lead.

Overall Work ex: 5 years(By Aug 2020)
Function of Work: Startup Strategy/ Marketing/ Brand Management
Industry: Durables/ Real Estate/ Education
GMAT score: 710 Q49 V 38
Why second MBA: To gain international exposure in the Start-up ecosystem which I couldn't get till now, preferably in Finance and join strategy/ Startup consulting. 10 years down the line I want to set up my own VC firm.
Undergrad Score: 74.93%(Top 3% of my batch)
Post Grad Score: 3.14/4( Top 2% of my batch)
Extra-Curricular:
1. Winner of 10 National level B Plan and Startup Accelerator competitions.Finalist in 5 competitions.
2. Founder of National Level NGO which is working towards women empowerment. Sponsored Study of 4k female children since 2010, in remote villages of north India.
3. National Level Technical Paper Presentation winner.
4. Winner of 'Best Student in the overall category, Award 2016 ( Given to only 2 students from the batch of 2000 students).
5. College-level winner of many debates and discussion competitions.

Thanks in advance.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, and thanks for writing! You have pretty strong work experience and undergrad/grad academics. Given how competitive Ross is (especially for Indian applicants) I recommend retaking GMAT and aiming for 730+. Additionally, are you involved in any activities outside of work (aside from the CSR/sports involvement you've listed below)? If not, this could help enhance your profile as well. In Ross' short essay questions, be sure to focus on personal experiences so that the program gets a sense of your character and personal impact. I hope that helps a bit! :)

SharanyaReddy3006 wrote:
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the chances of getting in

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there, and thanks for writing! It looks like you have very progressive work experience. Given how competitive Ross is (especially for Indian applicants) I do recommend taking GMAT again and aiming for 730+. This would help offset your GPA, but given the GPA I'd say Ross is a bit of a reach. Your family business involvement is good - be sure to highlight the impact you've made on your resume. In the Ross essays, you'll want to make sure that 1. the mini-essays - highlight primarily personal experiences and 2. career essay - provide a strong rationale for your post-MBA goal. Hope that helps!

krishsaisree wrote:
Hey folks,

Work Experience:
- 4 years with a leading data analytics consulting firm in India (called Mu Sigma). Progressed from Business Analyst to Senior Business Analyst to an Engagement lead over a 4 year window, received 2 promotions and 2 delivery excellence awards over these years
- Directly leading a group of 15 people. Responsible for developing analytical solutions for our client, and business/customer development within the account
- Mentored close to 50 people across various teams for various roles over the years
- Almost all of my experience has been with a Fortune 100 client to formulate their analytical journey in the Marketing Analytics space
- We work closely with Sr. Managers and Sr. Directors, and we've received multiple awards for our impact (even got featured in their newsletter for our work)
- I was chosen as an early candidate for my company's leadership program, and I've brought in consistent growth year over year. Grew team size by ~100% every year to a ~$1.5M Portfolio (as of today)
- Also chosen as a part of the company's core customer development group of ~50 early on in my career. Worked on creating collateral and use cases for customer development

Undergraduate:

Other Details:
- I interned at IIM-Bangalore as a research assistant for a month and half to assess the validity of the agricultural data held by the state government. This was my first experience in a real world analytics problem
- Grew up in Saudi,so I've traveled a fair bit around the Middle East, and have interned with a firm in the Middle East
- I support our family business on the side. We run a group a restaurants and cafe, and I help in raising the brand's awareness and marketing through social media platforms. I was also fairly involved in setting it up as my family was outside the country at the time
- No other entrepreneurial experience, haven't had the chance to invest much in community service but have done some online volunteering to create English content for marginalized communities
- Marketing lead for Model United Nations in college, and helped organize it for two years
- Class Representative
- Represented the school and won for a National Level Collegiate Science and Math Quiz back in Saudi

Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi, and thanks for writing! You've got excellent work experience and academics, and have meaningful involvement in Toastmasters and other activities. All of this benefits your profile. Regarding your GMAT, however - given how competitive Ross is (especially for Indian applicants) I do advise that you retake it and aim for a 730+ - this would enhance your chances. Hope that helps a bit!

Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Undergrad Information:
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.

GMAT: 700 - I really need help deducing if this will get me through top US colleges!

In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

Colleges I aim for are the top 20. I understand this is the exclusive thread for Ross - since Ross appears in the top 20 I chose to post here first.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Michael, and thanks for writing! It looks like you have strong and progressive work experience, meaningful extracurricular involvement, and solid undergrad/grad school performance. For the schools you're targeting, given their competitiveness I do recommend taking GMAT again and aiming for a 730+. If you do that and execute strong applications that make a strong case for why each target program is a fit for you based on its culture and resources, clarify the motivations behind your goals (why does management consulting interest you, and what type of mark do you want to make in the long term?) and communicate your professional and personal experiences, this will maximize your chances. Regarding letters of recommendations - these should both be professional letters (even though you were heavily involved in research in undergrad/grad, your supervisors in consulting will be able to speak to your performance and potential in more relevant detail. Hope that helps a bit :)

delmoneyy wrote:
Bio: Age 27, Male, USA.

GMAT: 710 (Q46, V41, IR 8, AWA 6) ,

Education: [/b]Bachelor of Science in Finance with a 3.5 GPA from a top 30 US School with a minor in Entrepreneurship.
Education # 2: Master in Information Systems and Operations Management from Top 30 school with 3.33 GPA

Research: Performed portfolio construction research during undergrad for a professor in the finance dept. (1 year)
Research #2: Performed benchmarking analysis during graduate school for the head of the information systems dept. (1 year)

Work Experience: 3 years full-time work experience at a mid-sized Management Consulting firm in NYC. Promoted once. Lead a small team.

Extracurriculars: I was a Teaching Assistant during my undergraduate and graduate years for the International Business dept. (3 years). Also I was a member of the club baseball team at my school and helped organize our school's homecoming parade. After University I have been involved in the intern process at my company by helping coordinate events and mentoring prospective employees.

Volunteer Experience: During my university years I volunteered at the boys and girls club of America. After university I volunteered in NYC as a little league coach and also continued to volunteer at the Boys and Girls club.

Letters of Recommendation: Will have no problem getting letters of rec from either superiors at consulting firm or professors in the Finance and Information Systems Dept. at my University

Post MBA Goals: After my MBA I plan to either go back to management consulting or open up my own consulting firm. I also have a passion for sports and would love to work in the front office of a major US sports team. I hope to leverage the connections that I make during my MBA as a way to advance my career and also I really value the experience of being around like-minded peers.

Target Schools: Harvard, Penn, Stanford, Yale, Dartmouth, Columbia Cornell, Duke.

Thank you for your support and I am looking forward to hearing your advice.

Best regards,
Michael
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there, and thanks for writing. First, you'll need to make a strong case for why you need a second MBA (for each school you're applying to, make sure you are eligible for it). Given Ross' competitiveness, I recommeng taking the GMAT again and aiming for 730+, even though your undergrad record is strong. Otherwise, I think you have an intriguing profile - aside from increasing GMAT, if you're able to write essays that showcase your character and personal experiences and clarify the motivations behind your career goals and get excellent recommendations, this will maximize your chances. Hope that helps! :)

sahilsh wrote:

I am an Indian by nationality and completed my bachelor's in Computer Science Engineering from a State University (Punjab Technical University) with 74.93 %(Top 3% of my batch) and post which I worked for 13 months in a digital education startup. Fascinated by the Start-up world, and in order to learn the business side, I completed my MBA with Marketing majors from Symbiosis International University, which is a renowned Indian University. During my MBA I started two Startups, got angel funding of $75k which I used to scale those to a good level, but because of the shortage of personal funds had to sell those off. After that, I joined a durables start-up company in India and worked as a brand manager for 2 years. Right now I am working with a uber-luxury real estate brand, which is again a new well-funded startup, as a Brand Strategy lead.

Why second MBA: To gain international exposure in the Start-up ecosystem which I couldn't get till now, preferably in Finance and join strategy/ Startup consulting. 10 years down the line I want to set up my own VC firm.
Extra-Curricular:
1. Winner of 10 National level B Plan and Startup Accelerator competitions.Finalist in 5 competitions.
2. Founder of National Level NGO which is working towards women empowerment. Sponsored Study of 4k female children since 2010, in remote villages of north India.
4. Winner of 'Best Student in the overall category, Award 2016 ( Given to only 2 students from the batch of 2000 students).

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi mbaMissionNishaT: Thank you so much for your reply. I am taking the gmat again later next month, but given that I'm running against time, do you think any of the top 11-15 stand a chance for me given my profile and my inclination to shift to a consulting role later on?

mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi there, and thanks for writing! It looks like you have very progressive work experience. Given how competitive Ross is (especially for Indian applicants) I do recommend taking GMAT again and aiming for 730+. This would help offset your GPA, but given the GPA I'd say Ross is a bit of a reach. Your family business involvement is good - be sure to highlight the impact you've made on your resume. In the Ross essays, you'll want to make sure that 1. the mini-essays - highlight primarily personal experiences and 2. career essay - provide a strong rationale for your post-MBA goal. Hope that helps!

krishsaisree wrote:
Hey folks,

Work Experience:

Undergraduate:

Other Details:
- Class Representative

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Thanks for the review. I will try for another shot at GMAT but on the basis of this score, do you recommend some other school??
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi there, and thanks for writing. First, you'll need to make a strong case for why you need a second MBA (for each school you're applying to, make sure you are eligible for it). Given Ross' competitiveness, I recommeng taking the GMAT again and aiming for 730+, even though your undergrad record is strong. Otherwise, I think you have an intriguing profile - aside from increasing GMAT, if you're able to write essays that showcase your character and personal experiences and clarify the motivations behind your career goals and get excellent recommendations, this will maximize your chances. Hope that helps! :)

sahilsh wrote:

Extra-Curricular:

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Send PM
Thanks so much for writing in to me. Considering I have very less time remaining for the admissions to start I am juggling with the idea of a retake. I am usually someone who can thrive anywhere and hence I am confident any of the top 20 schools would be a good fit for me especially since I am a from a tech background and hence starting from scratch. Would you recommend a retake of current GMAT of 700 for any of the top 20?
For example Tepper has an average of 700 GMAT - I believe Indians are usually pitched on the higher end GMAT score and hence want to get an idea if the retake is absolutely necessary.

Thanks again for your response. Cheers!

mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi, and thanks for writing! You've got excellent work experience and academics, and have meaningful involvement in Toastmasters and other activities. All of this benefits your profile. Regarding your GMAT, however - given how competitive Ross is (especially for Indian applicants) I do advise that you retake it and aim for a 730+ - this would enhance your chances. Hope that helps a bit!

Mon16 wrote:
Hello!

Undergrad Information:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Citizenship: Canadian (Indian born)
Mechanical Engineer from Top #1 Engineering School in Canada (Waterloo)
GPA: 68% Overall Average. Upward trend in last 2 years (83% Average)
GMAT Score : 720 Q47 V42

Work Experience:
Internships (2.5 years) in Oil / Energy sector during Engineering school (co-op terms)
Full Time work experience after Graduation is in the Automotive sector (4 years, 5 by matriculation in Fall 2020)
3 different companies..step ups in terms of role/responsibility/compensation.

Extra curricular:
Sports, singing
Participated in Habitat for Humanity for work
Charity sport event once a year for kids

Post MBA goal:
Consulting or Product Management (still narrowing down).

Schools being Targeted: Kellogg, Haas, Ross, Duke, Stern, Haas, Darden, Johnson, Tepper, Anderson

Which ones among here are the best to apply to realistically?

Thanks a lot for your input !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
bumpp could someone please provide feedback to above post?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there, and thanks for writing! Sounds like you have progressive work experience. Your GMAT is solid, but if you can increase it it would help offset your GPA. Also, is it possible for you to increase your current extracurricular involvement, perhaps to a leadership role? That would benefit your profile as well. The schools you're targeting particularly value community involvement.

With your current profile, I think that Duke, Darden, Johnson, Tepper, Anderson are the most suitable target schools on your list if you're able to execute strong applications in which you 1. communicate clearly your professional/personal impact 2. explain the motivations underpinning your goals and 3. make a strong case for why each program is a good fit for you based on its specific culture and resources. I would also add UW Foster to the list as a "safer" option, since you're interested in product management.

Hope that this helps a bit! Please sign up for a free consultation with me if you'd like to discuss further: https://www.mbamission.com/consult/mba-admissions/

dileepsv wrote:
Citizenship: Canadian (Indian born)
Mechanical Engineer from Top #1 Engineering School in Canada (Waterloo)
GPA: 68% Overall Average. Upward trend in last 2 years (83% Average)
GMAT Score : 720 Q47 V42

Work Experience:
Internships (2.5 years) in Oil / Energy sector during Engineering school (co-op terms)
Full Time work experience after Graduation is in the Automotive sector (4 years, 5 by matriculation in Fall 2020)
3 different companies..step ups in terms of role/responsibility/compensation.

Extra curricular:
Sports, singing
Participated in Habitat for Humanity for work
Charity sport event once a year for kids

Post MBA goal:
Consulting or Product Management (still narrowing down).

Schools being Targeted: Kellogg, Haas, Ross, Duke, Stern, Haas, Darden, Johnson, Tepper, Anderson

Which ones among here are the best to apply to realistically?

Thanks a lot for your input !!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
MBA Section Director
438 posts
Ross & Kellogg Moderator
203 posts
49 posts