Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - ISB,NUS,NTU [#permalink]
Thanks for the responses.
And about not applying for US schools, it's due to personal reasons mainly. But yeah, shelling out a huge amount is a risk i can't afford to take, when things under the Trump admin have an added layer of uncertainty.

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Gauthamkailash wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Indian, Male here. I just took my GMAT recently and scored a 740 -> Q48, V42, Still awaiting my AWA scores. :)

Acads/WorkEx:
CBSE school -> 88% in 10th, 84%in 12th
Engineer (Tier 1 college not named IIT/NIT) -> 7.1 CGPA
Currently working as an analytics consultant in a company that provides analytics services. Since my client is a Fortune 500 tech MNC, I interact with people from US,UK and AU on a regular basis. My role has a great mix of Business, Engineering and Data science where I act as a bridge between these 3 while providing actionable insights to improve the business (Similiar to a PM role,This is a big part of why i want to pursue an MBA). Although i've only worked for ~3 years, i act as the team lead which has allowed me to demonstrate leadership. Also, won employee of the year award once.

Extra curriculars:
School - Pupil leader, Basketball team captain (Have certificate proof)
University level Basketball player, Competed at inter-zones, which is similiar to NCAA in the USA albeit being a way less competitive league (No certificate proof)
Also, aspiring powerlifter and track athlete (High jump)

I'm looking to apply for the programs at ISB, NUS and NTU. Can someone tell me if these are realistic targets ? and If not, what I lack in my profile ?
Also, opinions on applying to some B-schools in the UK like Oxford Said, Cambridge Judge, HEC Paris, ESADE, IESE ? Are these feasible targets if i get a solid SOP/LOR ?

P.S: I'm new here. Any advice on improving my posts are appreciated :)

Thanks !

Hi Gautham,

Your profile looks good man! The GMAT is definitely good, the GPA looks average and the work experience - as you have explained- sounds competitive. We'll understand better if we see the details.

Your b-school selection is good. But its never my advise to apply to so many. I'd recommend you look deeper into each of these programs- specifically the curriculum, employment and the student composition. Select 5-7 b-schools based on the ones you like and see a fit and apply there. Build solid applications for fewer schools.

Feel free to share your resume with us. I'd e happy to answer your questions.
GMAT Club Bot