It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 21:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 09:42
I'd like to kindly request you for your review of my profile. I am targeting schools such as LBS, HEC, IESE, Alliance Business School, Rotman, and Schulich.

Background:
Male from the Philippines
Age 25
GMAT 700
GPA: 3.19

Education:
Bachelor of Science in Management from a Top 3 School in the Philippines. Was in an honors course which comprises of the top 15% of all students in the university. Quant Heavy.

Work Experience: Worked 3.5 Years (4 by matriculation)

1st Job - Large International Bank based in London and Singapore
Started out as a graduate trainee in the bank for a 1.5 year program including a 3 month stint abroad doing projects. Left the bank as a project manager handling all project management and governance and control functions for a unit of the bank.

2nd Job - Top 15 Local Bank in the Philippines
Was recruited to help start the Investment Banking (focused on Capital Markets) business of said bank. Part of a 2 man team which grew the office from start-up to becoming a top-10 player in the industry also increasing revenues by 400% y-o-y. Currently Officer in Charge of the division since the retirement of previous boss handling all aspects of the unit from business (originating and executing Capital Markets transactions) to administrative work (Person in charge of the unit for compliance, risk, audit, and other non-business functions.

Recommendations: Can get recommendations from my former boss (currently CFO in a top 10 bank in the Philippines) and the current CEO of my current workplace.

Extra curricular - Avid traveler. Play a lot of sports (Tennis, Muay Thai, Football etc.), and played some competitively. Consulted for a large local NGO as part of previous internship experience and some volunteering efforts.

Post MBA - Continue working in Investment Banking in M&A or Capital Markets in a large foreign institution. Plan B would be to go into Management Consulting (have previous experience in the field from internships). Long term goal would be to return to the Philippines and join a local bank or set up my own shop in Financial Advisory/M&A.

Thanks all!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 08:43
Thanks for sharing your profile. Really strong work experience with a solid GMAT score, your GPA won't be at the top of any ranges for the schools you are applying to however, which would be the only limiting aspect of your profile. I think you are in play at all of the schools listed with LBS being the toughest for you as you are slightly out of range based on your profile

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap