Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [1]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
JaibeerSingh wrote:
Hi.
I'd really appreciate if someone could review my profile MBA (starting in 2018).
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 94.2%
XIIth - 90.2%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mining Engineering from IIT(BHU), Varanasi.
CGPA- 7.5/10

IELTS - 8 bands overall (with no band less than 6.5)
GMAT- 690 ( Q-49, V-35, AWA-5.5)

Work Experience:
1. Worked for 2 years with Teach For India.
- Taught in a under-resourced government school near a low-income community.
- Various activities and leadership positions held during this period.

2. Worked for 1 year with a teacher-certification firm based out of Bangalore. Worked at the intersection of Education and Management profile.

(Total work experience: 36 months)

Extra:
1. Successfully running a Social-Mutual Fund start-up as a side thing.
2. Have worked as Curriculum Design Consultant on small projects with McKinsey Social Initiative and Pearson.

Questions:
1. Is my WE too low for Australia?
2. Should I retake GMAT?
3. Which B-School can I target in the US and Europe?

Hi Jaibeer,

Very interesting profile. You have an education work ex and no work ex in your under grad stream. I'm sure you have good reasons and keep them handy as this might be the first question adcoms ask you. To answer your questions:

1. WE is not too low for Australia. But you may face difficulty in the USA $ Europe.

2. Depending on your target schools you need to access this. But if you're not aiming for US top 20, you should be good with this GMAT score.

3. Like I said before you can target schools within Top 20-30 ranks. MSU (Broad), McCoombs, etc. But difficult to suggest since I don't know your short term goals. Why you're pursuing an MBA? And other details of your profile.
I hope this helps. And I would be happy to talk things over a free consultation call.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Edusimplified,

Thank you so much for your reply.
I will reach out to you separately when I consider writing my application :)
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi aswathi7586@gmail.com,

First of all congrats on ISRO's latest achievement! You guys make India proud :)

I have worked with several INSEAD applicants and admits, and I think you have a very distinctive profile. Although your GMAT is slightly lower than what I would have liked, if you can showcase the uniqueness of your experiences, including personal background (which is very impressive!), and career vision, you might stand a good chance at INSEAD.

However, I think aiming for Jan 2018 might lead to a hasty application. Unless you start right away, it would be difficult to make a strong application by July 26, (the Round 4 deadline).

Let's talk more if you need more guidance, my contact details are below.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Dear all,

I'd really appreciate if someone could review my profile (will apply to start in September 2018).

General info:

Nationality: Belgium

Academic background:

Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) top university in Belgium:

Bachelor: Law, GPA: 3.0 (not sure how to convert ECTS to GPA though)

Master: Law, GPA 3.2 (same as above)

IELTS - 8,5 overall
GMAT- 710 ( Q-46, V-41, IR: 8, AWA: 3.5)

Work Experience:

4 years: Associate at a "silver circle" English law firm in Brussels, banking and finance department. Working on cross border LBO's, M&A's, and classic refinancing.

Extra:

1. A lot of pro bono work to help disadvantaged people and refugees in legal proceedings.
2. Involved in various community projects to help make a change on a community/city level.
3. I speak 3 languages fluently (French, Dutch and English).
4. I travelled a lot and spent 10 months in Australia between my bachelor and master.

Questions:

Is my GPA too weak ?
Do I lack international work experience ?

Do let me know if you require additional information.

Many thanks !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 222
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Hi experts,

Pls evaluate my profile.

WE : 8 years of experience in top automobile company
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 700 (Q48, V38, IR 5)
International exposure: Yes, currently working in Japan
Education: Bachelor of Engineering

Professional Experience:
> Managed a cross-functional, cross-cultural and cross-company team with foreign nationals for establishment of 2 new manufacturing facilities and 4 new launches in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Pakistan and Russia.
> Finalized equipment specification, planned manpower and budget and established operations with foreign nationals to ensure smooth line off and plant sustenance for the new plant.
> Built a strong network base of 10 big Japanese suppliers.
> Have worked during business crisis and political crisis. Was part of the strategy team to reduce 30% of production costs.

International Exposure:
I have worked with Japanese suppliers for around 7 years. From last 6 months, working in Japan with foreign nationals for projects across 6 countries.
Represented company in global conference, Indonesia.
Personal: Have travelled to Indonesia, Malaysia & Singapore

Extra- Curricular:
Have done a lot of CSR(Corporate social responsibility) activities. Active participant in environment conservation activities both inside and outside company.
Have done environment awareness campaigns with my wife. Introduced Water conservation practices in my locality.

Awards and Recognition
• International recognition for activity on team motivation at a Global Conference, Indonesia.
• Have bagged awards from CII (Confederation of Indian Industry).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello Tygra89

You have a distinctive background! I think you are a strong candidate for INSEAD. There are not too many people with law background applying for MBA, so you will standout. However, you will need to demonstrate strong and compelling reasons for pursuing an MBA in your essays.

Your extracurricular and international travels will add more dimensions to your profile. All is good there too!

With such a background, I wouldn't worry too much about the GPA :)

If you need help, I'd be happy to guide you in your application. Please feel free to email me.

Here are some of my recent admits to INSEAD:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdulelah-a ... -692a871b/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rabiekanso/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryyehuali/

Tygra89 wrote:
Dear all,

I'd really appreciate if someone could review my profile (will apply to start in September 2018).

General info:

Nationality: Belgium

Academic background:

Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) top university in Belgium:

Bachelor: Law, GPA: 3.0 (not sure how to convert ECTS to GPA though)

Master: Law, GPA 3.2 (same as above)

IELTS - 8,5 overall
GMAT- 710 ( Q-46, V-41, IR: 8, AWA: 3.5)

Work Experience:

4 years: Associate at a "silver circle" English law firm in Brussels, banking and finance department. Working on cross border LBO's, M&A's, and classic refinancing.

Extra:

1. A lot of pro bono work to help disadvantaged people and refugees in legal proceedings.
2. Involved in various community projects to help make a change on a community/city level.
3. I speak 3 languages fluently (French, Dutch and English).
4. I travelled a lot and spent 10 months in Australia between my bachelor and master.

Questions:

Is my GPA too weak ?
Do I lack international work experience ?

Do let me know if you require additional information.

Many thanks !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello prashrao,

You seem to have a very impressive work profile. I really like your international experience in Japan as well as cross-cultural experiences with several other countries. All these would be very attractive for INSEAD. The fact that you are working with a top automobile company is also a plus.

Though your GMAT is slightly lesser than what I'd have liked but if you can demonstrate your distinctiveness and clearly highlight your motivations for an MBA in the essays, you would stand a good chance at INSEAD.

Good luck with your application :)

If you need help, I'd be happy to guide you. Please feel free to email me at mail@vibranture.com

Here are some of my recent admits to INSEAD:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdulelah-a ... -692a871b/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rabiekanso/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryyehuali/

prashrao wrote:
Hi experts,

Pls evaluate my profile.

WE : 8 years of experience in top automobile company
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 700 (Q48, V38, IR 5)
International exposure: Yes, currently working in Japan
Education: Bachelor of Engineering

Professional Experience:
> Managed a cross-functional, cross-cultural and cross-company team with foreign nationals for establishment of 2 new manufacturing facilities and 4 new launches in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Pakistan and Russia.
> Finalized equipment specification, planned manpower and budget and established operations with foreign nationals to ensure smooth line off and plant sustenance for the new plant.
> Built a strong network base of 10 big Japanese suppliers.
> Have worked during business crisis and political crisis. Was part of the strategy team to reduce 30% of production costs.

International Exposure:
I have worked with Japanese suppliers for around 7 years. From last 6 months, working in Japan with foreign nationals for projects across 6 countries.
Represented company in global conference, Indonesia.
Personal: Have travelled to Indonesia, Malaysia & Singapore

Extra- Curricular:
Have done a lot of CSR(Corporate social responsibility) activities. Active participant in environment conservation activities both inside and outside company.
Have done environment awareness campaigns with my wife. Introduced Water conservation practices in my locality.

Awards and Recognition
• International recognition for activity on team motivation at a Global Conference, Indonesia.
• Have bagged awards from CII (Confederation of Indian Industry).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I would appreciate if you could assess my profile.

- Vietnamese Female - Dual citizenship French - Vietnamese
- 31 year-old
- 6 years of experience in chemical manufacturing industry - 4 years as an engineer, 2 last years as a manager.
- 2 years of experience in education.
- Worked in France (2 years), the Netherlands (1 year), Singapore (3 years+), Japan (2 years).
- Bachelor degree - Graduated with honors (no idea how to convert the French marking system to GPA)
- Master degree - GPA = 3.58
- I studied in France for both under and postgrad, with 6 months exchange in the UK.
- I'm starting GMAT, but with my post-pregnancy empty brain, I'm afraid not to achieve a 700+ score...
- Why an MBA?
Less serious: I need a change (!) and meet inspiring people.
More serious: I'd like to move to products management, market strategy in the chemical industry.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM

- 31 year-old
- 6 years of experience in chemical manufacturing industry - 4 years as an engineer, 2 last years as a manager.
- Worked in France (2 years), the Netherlands (1 year), Singapore (3 years+), Japan (2 years).
- Bachelor degree - Graduated with honors (no idea how to convert the French marking system to GPA)
- I studied in France for both under and postgrad, with 6 months exchange in the UK.
- I'm starting GMAT, but with my post-pregnancy empty brain, I'm afraid not to achieve a 700+ score...
- Why an MBA?
More serious: I'd like to move to products management, market strategy in the chemical industry.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
enbeevee wrote:

- 31 year-old
- Why an MBA?

Thank you!

Just wanted to give you a thumbs up for GMAT. I started preparing for GMAT when my daughter turned 6 months old.Yeah,it was quite tough in the beginning as the mommy brain is pretty slow and error prone.It is wired to be like that.But you will be able to overcome these issues with regular practice.I took a month(6 hours per day) to come out of that shell.Then I took two months to reach 700. My target was 740,and I was hitting it in the mock tests.But due to a not so small blunder which I made during the real test,I lost a lot of time in verbal,leading to a mere 36 in verbal.Obviously,the lowest verbal score I ever had!
So 700+ is easily achievable my dear.You have to be patient and tenacious. That's it.Practice practice and more practice!You will definitely get 700+.There are a lot of good courses to have a streamlined approach.Check in GMATCLUB reviews and choose one that suits you best.
All the best!Hope to meet you at INSEAD :) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
SheaRai wrote:
Hi aswathi7586@gmail.com,

First of all congrats on ISRO's latest achievement! You guys make India proud :)

I have worked with several INSEAD applicants and admits, and I think you have a very distinctive profile. Although your GMAT is slightly lower than what I would have liked, if you can showcase the uniqueness of your experiences, including personal background (which is very impressive!), and career vision, you might stand a good chance at INSEAD.

However, I think aiming for Jan 2018 might lead to a hasty application. Unless you start right away, it would be difficult to make a strong application by July 26, (the Round 4 deadline).

Let's talk more if you need more guidance, my contact details are below.

Thanks a lot SheaRai for taking time to evaluate my profile. I submitted my application on last Saturday.Currently preparing for the video interviews :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Would love your 2 cents on my profile

My Profile

Nationality - Indian
2 years startup Founder and CEO of a angel funded Media Tech startup in India
2 months at a startup accelerator in San Francisco
1.5 years as Hardware engineer at Qualcomm India

Bachelors in Technology with Honors from top Indian university CGPA 3.5

GMAT 780 | Yet to take TOEFL

National level table tennis player in Under 16 age group. University Table Tennis captain.

Any inputs would be welcome

Thanks,
PG
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Send PM
pg1991 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Would love your 2 cents on my profile

My Profile

Nationality - Indian
2 years startup Founder and CEO of a angel funded Media Tech startup in India
2 months at a startup accelerator in San Francisco
1.5 years as Hardware engineer at Qualcomm India

Bachelors in Technology with Honors from top Indian university CGPA 3.5

GMAT 780 | Yet to take TOEFL

National level table tennis player in Under 16 age group. University Table Tennis captain.

Any inputs would be welcome

Thanks,
PG

Hi PG,

Wow 780 GMAT really ? That's amazing. Even your work ex is pretty good. Your CGPA isn't that low ? 3.5 is out of 10 right or 4 ? Either way your GMAT has spoken !
Your extra curricular is very good too. Don't you have any community service involvement ?
You should definitely get an interview from INSEAD provided you prepare your application well. Is this the only school you're targeting. Let me know if you want to have an informal chat about your profile. Good Luck !

Best,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM