It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 07:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Review

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Profile Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2017, 07:33
Hi, could you please evaluate my profile?

Applying to Wharton, Booth and Sloan

Background and nationality: white male, French and Belgian national
Undergrad Information: 97/110 (not exceptional, think 3.0-3.2) in a BSc Finance at Bocconi Uni (best Italian business school) - exchange term at a mid-level US School with 3.7 GPA and Dean's List
GMAT: 730 (49Q, 40V), AWA 6.0, IR 8
Work experience and leadership: 2 years in M&A in London in one of the top global boutique investment banks. Working for a large Private Equity firm in London for the past 8 months.
Extra-curriculars: national tennis player (top 15 in France, top 2 in Paris), manager of an amateur football team, mentor roles
Post MBA goals: Back in Private Equity

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 88 [1], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 12:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
hugco94 wrote:
Hi, could you please evaluate my profile?
Hi @Hugco94
Applying to Wharton, Booth and Sloan

Background and nationality: white male, French and Belgian national
Undergrad Information: 97/110 (not exceptional, think 3.0-3.2) in a BSc Finance at Bocconi Uni (best Italian business school) - exchange term at a mid-level US School with 3.7 GPA and Dean's List
GMAT: 730 (49Q, 40V), AWA 6.0, IR 8 All this- especially GMAT- looks good!
Work experience and leadership: 2 years in M&A in London in one of the top global boutique investment banks. Working for a large Private Equity firm in London for the past 8 months.
Extra-curriculars: national tennis player (top 15 in France, top 2 in Paris), manager of an amateur football team, mentor roles
Post MBA goals: Back in Private Equity
I think you have some really interesting aspects to your profile. While the work tenure is relatively short- it is top notch work and you have already made the transition to PE which is super helpful if that is an interest moving beyond MBA. I also like your top tennis experience- not just because I like tennis myself :), but because by doing this at a high level it shows you have the discipline to be excellent in something- and that skill can translate to all kinds of success.
So I am bullish on your profile- if it is still in the works and you'd like to get our specific help on your case in more detail- reach out here for a free consult: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/ We can also provide interview tips through a mock interview service if you get an interview- and I think from this you certainly have a good shot at that. We'd be glad to work with you for R2 if you are still in progress. Regardless of where you are, I like lots of what you have here- so feel good about that and best wishes!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 88 [1], given: 37

Re: Profile Review   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2017, 12:43

Profile Review

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap