GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 21:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UNC Kenan-Flagler vs Emory Goizueta Full-time

new topic post reply Update application status  

School Selection

• 58% [7]
  • 41% [5]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Manager
Manager
B
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Reviews Badge
UNC Kenan-Flagler vs Emory Goizueta Full-time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 12:53
Hi everyone. Going back and forth between UNC and Emory. Interested in management consulting (preferably healthcare consulting) and eventually coming back to the northeast/mid Atlantic region. I am also potentially interested in working in healthcare on the management side (big Pharma or biotech). Fit was great at both, felt right at home with both schools. From a network/alumni standpoint and brand familiarity, which program might be better? UNC is ranked 1 spot higher but I think its negligible.
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: MBA Journeys
Schools: Haas '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41
Re: UNC Kenan-Flagler vs Emory Goizueta Full-time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 16:33
Man... this is really a 50/50. I don't think either school really separates from the other, especially since you said they're both good cultural fits for you.

Perhaps you can see if one of the schools will offer some $$?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 19:34
I do not know how UNC stands in consulting but as per employment report from EMory, it sends almost 42% of the class in consulting.
you said it right that +1 rank up or down doesn't matter actually.

woody93 wrote:
Hi everyone. Going back and forth between UNC and Emory. Interested in management consulting (preferably healthcare consulting) and eventually coming back to the northeast/mid Atlantic region. I am also potentially interested in working in healthcare on the management side (big Pharma or biotech). Fit was great at both, felt right at home with both schools. From a network/alumni standpoint and brand familiarity, which program might be better? UNC is ranked 1 spot higher but I think its negligible.

Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 22:14
Hey thanks! I think percentage wise UNC sends less to consulting but because the class is 100 bigger it comes out to the same net amount of students heading to consulting. UNC also has a mor even spread in tech and finance too. I’m just wondering which school will go further (if any of them do) in NYC, Philly, etc.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Owen '21
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 08:20
None. Both are regional schools. You will have to network your way to north-east. But Emory surely gives you the Atlanta advantage for consulting.
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 13:02
woody93 wrote:

Another vote is for Emory. I do not deny the fit of KF (from different perspectives) as I experienced myself when I visited the school.

However, the career office of Emory is way far superior than of UNC. They exert a lot of effort to help you. I had a concern with UNC over they years and many left including the directors. I know they have some stability. With a great school like Emory and its career office, I would be happier (networking is essential in any school you go).
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 21:25
Hi thanks for the reply. Can you please give more insight into where you have heard this negativity around UNC’s career center? I haven’t gotten that sentiment from many current students I’ve spoken to. UNC’s placements are generally solid from what I’ve read but I’d like to learn more about this negativity around UNC if anyone has first hand insight. Thanks

SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 03:45
woody93 wrote:
Hi thanks for the reply. Can you please give more insight into where you have heard this negativity around UNC’s career center? I haven’t gotten that sentiment from many current students I’ve spoken to. UNC’s placements are generally solid from what I’ve read but I’d like to learn more about this negativity around UNC if anyone has first hand insight. Thanks

Hi,

You can read my reply here but anything else I'm happy to support.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-vs-tepp ... 61894.html

Are you citizen or international?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2019, 00:53
Mo2men wrote:
woody93 wrote:

Hi,

You can read my reply here but anything else I'm happy to support.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-vs-tepp ... 61894.html

Are you citizen or international?

Without hands-on experience, it is hard to believe that a quite high-ranked program like UNC has such a bad career management center.
I read your reply in another post and agree that the response of UNC CMC to you might deter many applicants.
It might be the case that the admission team and CMC each have a different set of KPI. While admission needs as many applicants as possible, CMC is more concerned about the placement rate.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 12:47
Sorry just saw this, I am a domestic applicant
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2019, 06:51
I am under the impression that both UNC & Emory are really good healthcare schools. I think Businessweek came out with an analysis that UNC is top 5 in sending grads to healthcare. Consulting I think both schools will have same firms, although I can confirm MBB has more presence on UNC campus than Emory. UNC I feel has the slight edge in terms of rankings and size of the program. My talk with students and the career center is that it is steadily improving with new leadership and it will get better. CMC might have been an issue a few years back but I did not get the sense that it is so bad that you can't get anything done based on visit and talking to current students.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: UNC Kenan-Flagler vs Emory Goizueta Full-time   [#permalink] 03 Apr 2019, 06:51

UNC Kenan-Flagler vs Emory Goizueta Full-time

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste