Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:42 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [4]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q45 V42
GRE 1: Q162 V164
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Student Profiles of Harvard Admitted applicants [#permalink]
Background and nationality: South-East Asian Ethnicity (Not Indian), but born and raised in Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, Denmark...)
Undergrad Information:
BSc. in Mechanical Engineering (GPA 4.67/5.00 - 3.74/4.00) - At top 5 local University
MSc. Engineering in Project Management (GPA 3.97/5.00 - 3.34/4.00) - Top 1 University for Engineers locally
Took 22.5 extra ECTS during MSc.
GMAT: Not taken, but assume in range 730-760
Work experience and leadership:
- Internship for top 3 US Bank (2 months - CB/IB)
- 1 year for telecom start-up as planner (lead projects from early plan to completion)
- 2.5 years at a large energy client (rotation based program - 1 year in OnG Ops.; 6 months in Offshore Wind; 1 year in corporate ventures/Innovation + accelerator program)
Community and others
- Come from low income background so worked a lot part time as a security guard
- Student teaching assistant for Calculus (Matrices, linear algebra, and that sort of stuff)
- Support local kids from similar background as mine with school/career guidance
- Human rights formal letters to government for supporting causes represented by organization
Post MBA goals
As I work within an Energy company, I want to pivot from these technical/comercial roles at the sharper end within a heavy asset industry to working more with "support processes" (perspective of a client here) such as IB and find value adding investment opportunities. Focusing on the energy industry at such. I believe that I have a solid and broad understanding of the operating models of energy industry to see the synergies that can be activated with different investment cases. It is a big pivot, but leveraging my experience and pivoting to a more investment oriented setting and supporting the energy transition from the banking sector is where I see my passion. And of course, leverage the school's subjects, professors, and clubs to develop competency within finance/financial modelling/analysis.
The more long term goal is to develop competence within the whole energy value chain (investment/banking side, operations, projects, RnD...) and build a strong network, and then shift to PE to deliver value in an even more specialized setting. Though (as I have learnt), I would not mention this at an admissions interview, but rather play the whole IB/Banking all the way card.
Anything else?
None.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Student Profiles of Harvard Admitted applicants [#permalink]
Moderators:
HBS and Wharton Moderator
55 posts
HBS & Haas Moderator
151 posts